ACK!!!!!!!!!Over flowing with pictures....

Spinning

<font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something
Ok this is getting crazy....I had no idea how behind I am with my pictures! It is almost frustrating! Part of me almost wants to stop scrapping!:eek: because the piles are never ending!
I am not going back and scrapping the past (well except for the kids first year) But I dream of the day I am all caught up and when the roll of film comes in I can sit down and scrap it and move on!

I have three boys... 12, 9 and 3. I just started scrapping after the last was born. I have box after box after box of pictures. I have come to realize that I will NEVER be caught up. It has relieved so much pressure, you wouldn't believe. I take way too many pictures (not a bad thing)... but at least when I'm gone and my boys have their books, they'll see the time and love I have put in to their books. :D

During our snowier & colder winter this year, I did take all my photos out their original albums in anticipation of scrapping all my photos, etc. Now I have all those photos on the dresser of our guest room - sort of in chronological order. I say sort of because some are by category like immediate family, college days, etc. My next task is to go through a few boxes I never unpacked after we moved a few years ago. I am missing photos from the early to mid 1990s & I suspect I will find them in the boxes :). Meantime I have been buying stickers, papers, die cuts, etc. that I think I will use in these upcoming books. Oh, I even bought a case - a dozen - of albums, too!

So, Spinning, you are not alone - I, too, am overflowing with photos :)!

I think that is why I am frustrated. I know that I am not going through my old pocket albums and scrapping them. They are in safe pockets and have general information in the front telling when and where. But it is just this years photos...Each event seems to be 3 rolls of film! Granted I don't plan to scrap each pic. But at it at least ends up a 2 or 4 page spread.
Right now I need to finish:
baseball
diving
Disney
school (daughter)
school (son's)
Brownies
Knoebel's
General photo's

Actually looking at it that way I guess I will get it done......Doesn't seem as bad as looking at the piles of photo's. LOL!

I can definitely relate! I put everything aside to work on my Disney album. Don't think I'll ever get back to my regular pics. I have boxes of pics stored on my scrapping table, in my closet and under my coffee table. There is NO WAY they will ever all be done. Every time I get a roll developed, I think to myself "I should go ahead and do this roll and then work on older stuff", but instead my new roll ends up in a box too. It does get so overwhelming sometimes that it makes you just want to quit. But then you look at some pages you've done and get all excited again. If I just could find the time.......

I have 25 rolls from our Disney trip of Christmas 2000 to do plus I went back and start doing our daughter, family life since the beginning of her birth which was almost 15 years ago. I finally have her to age 8 but it took about 2 1/2 years to do those 8 years so, I know I'll never get caught up but it is so much fun reminensing (sp) as I scrap we have had a great family life.

The only current album I have is our Christmas album. Oh then of course for Christmas presents this year I am doing 3 albums, one each for my sisters of our childhood doing that in a CM 7x7 and then I promised my niece and SIL I would help do a 50th wedding anniversary album of in-laws. I think I need to put away our family life and start on my sister albums so I can get them completed.

Then of course we are going on vacation in a week so that will be another 5 - 6 rolls of film.

I just can't think about it. It's making me crazy.

Well back to painting DD room - want to finish that today.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Well, I do not seel so bad now about the piles of pictures I have to scrap. I have about 10 rolls of pics on the floor in a closet (in the original packaging) to put into books. They are all current (the last 6 months) as I have all the kids books current (atleast up until the last 6 months) and our Disney book is also current.

Six years ago when I started scrapping I started at the beginning of me being a baby until I was current with all 3 kids done. I never would have done the past if I did not start with it. I honestly believe that is where everyone should start and work forward. There is more motiviation to get caught up that to go back and find the time to do something. This is just my opinion.

Well, have I ever been caught up? YES, I have!!! Am I now? NO, but I see an end to my work atleast until I take more pictures. LOL

Sue

past I am so glad I did with our daughter. It just bring backs so many memories and really makes you appreciate each other so much more IMHO

Laura
A Scrapaholic

My only advice is...start with just one topic at a time. When I get overwhelmed with my photos, I just take one chunk (say a birthday party) and just pull those photos and work on those until I am done with that subject. Then I pull the next, etc. That's the only way I was able to keep sane while doing my Disney World album. I must have had 14-15 rolls of film, plus 50 or so pics that I printed off from my mom's digital camera. I separated the pics by park/hotel/recreational event, then would separate park by land, etc, and each time I would work on a layout, I would ONLY get the small sub-section of pictures out, otherwise I would get all panicky that I had SO MANY pictures and I would never get done. I went to a crop-night, and spent all my spare time on it over two weeks and now I have a completed album. Luckily I am able to keep current - I started scrapping before I had kids so I was already into it when they rolled along. But just today I got 5 rolls of film developed and there's another almost done in the camera- it never ends, but I have so much fun with it I don't care! :p

Alice28 I kind of do that now. I have this one tub thing with dividers that I put pictures to scrap in then I have a small CM blue file thing that I put current pictures or one topic that needs to be split up...
I guess I just really need to find the time again and start scrapping.
Thanks for all the ideas and encouragement!

Me too ... I have boxes full of photos ... it's very overwhelming ... but then I just remind myself I don't have to scrap them all, LOL!

I'm going at this in a couple of ways.

First, I scrap because I enjoy it. When it starts to feel like a chore it is time to walk away for a bit.

Second, I have several albums of particular activities - DS Scouts & football as well as DD Scouts (being the troop leader I have LOTS of pics there) that I went back to the beginning and I can say, short of events this summer that are being developed as I type are caught up. These can now go forward.

Third, I a Disney cruise with 26 rolls of film! which will take the priority at the moment until it is finished.

Fourth, I am going to start DS's high school album once the cruis is done and as that is up to date backtrack based on priorities - his middle school years and then elementary and finally baby pics. I'll alternate with getting DD's middle school album started and then the same backtracking. My idea is that as graduation approaches I want the most recent done for the open houses.

I know I need to go back and do the albums my mom did of everything surrounding my wedding. They are in old magnetic strip albums and after 20 years! need to be done. I posted a thread for ideas on this some time ago and have finally figured out what I want to do. Maybe a Christmas break project depending on the show we do at the middle school. Otherwise Feb sounds like a good time to work on that.

The rest of the family photos will stay in the sleeves albums until and if I get to them. They've survived this long another decade or two won't hurt! This is a hobby for me, not a race.

Ok, having said that I'm really wishing I were home actually scrapping instead of sitting in this office killing time! Summer is a worthless time for faculty to be on campus. :rolleyes:

Deb

I kinda do what Alice28 does. But as soon as I get my pictures developed I sort them by a page topic in envelopes. So when i have a few minutes I pull an envelope out and put together a page. For instance we just got home from Va Beach and I have an envelope labled Musuem visit, a day on the beach, touring the USS Wis. I also keep an envelope out on my desk to add my DS's school stuff throughout the year and one for each of my childrens baby books.

Scrapbooking is my hobby and my passion. So much so I just finished my flyers and got my first two customers to make albums for others. I can't think of a better job (except being a mom) I now get to order all the stickers I want!!:p

I'm with you on this!!! I'm just now getting to LAST July 4th, and have everything from then until now yet to do. And I just got 6 more rolls developed!!! It's just nuts. But I've come to the conclusion I'll NEVER be caught up, so I just keep scrapping and do what I can. I try real hard not to stress over it, but still, sometimes it does get to me.

Donna C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter