ABD with 5 year old

Amazing! I’m not actually in Toronto but super close by (40 mins from the airport). We are bummed about not making it to DL/California this year - it would have been a good test for a longer flight and longer days.
I think the only ABD trips that would make sense for us next year, with me flying into Amsterdam are Norway or Iceland, and she won’t be old enough for the Iceland one. We don’t really like the Norway itinerary after looking into it further. So I think we will either keep our costs down next year and do an ABD in the US or Europe in 2023 or just save up and go somewhere big (Id love to do Asia) when she’s a bit older.
That said, our trip this year is only a week out from the current lockdown end date. If it’s cancelled I’ll probably take all my money and put it on something big out of vacation rage, which might be an ABD or DL in December of 2022 (although I need to look at rules about pulling kids out of school - she’s starting jk in Sept).
If you like planning, I think you would be able to plan activities as good as ABD and keep the cost down. I think there was a short escape for Amsterdam too before which may be a good option to test out how your daughter will like ABD. That was why I initially booked the Barcelona short escape. DL is awesome during christmas! I took my son in 2018, we were there during Christmas break. He enjoyed small world a lot 😅 it was great though, I’m sure your daughter would love it. Our other choice next summer was the southern California adventure. Looks fun too but may wait longer for that.

My family is from Asia so we’ve been a couple of times as part of visits to them. It’s definitely a great trip and ABD is a good choice if you want hassle free planning! My son was 3 last time we went and he enjoys looking at the pictures but doesn’t remember much. He wants to go back to Japan so we were thinking of going there next chance we get. (Whether this Christmas break or next March break) :) Japan is easy enough to plan but I have heard of great things about the Japan ABD too if that’s something you’ll want when your daughter is older 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter