ABD New York Dreams - DVC Only

When they announced the trip on the member cruise, we were told if the trip was successful they would offer it again next year and it would be available to everyone, not just DVC members. They evidently wanted a DVC exclusive trip for only the first year and wanted it maxed out at 160 points.
So is there a generally accepted idea of how much 160 points is worth? So we could get an idea of what the price might be for the rest of us next year? I'd love to do this trip!

Sayhello

So is there a generally accepted idea of how much 160 points is worth? So we could get an idea of what the price might be for the rest of us next year? I'd love to do this trip!

Sayhello

One point is usually rented at $10 pp. I think the point allotment for this trip is on the low side compared to the current points for the other ABDs so i don't know if that is a promo point value since its somewhat a trial.

Okay, I just reviewed the points chart and noted that the NY trip is only 4d/3n thus the lower point allotment.

Here's hoping they offer it next year. I hope we hear some good feedback from those going. I would really love to go in 2014. I have never been to NY and it's been on my bucket list for many years. :)

Same here! We had the Oct Adults Only booked but my daughter is expecting and due around then so we cancelled..earlier this year we had booked to go in April and stuff came up so we cancelled that too (just sold my Newsies tickets through Stub Hub :() so REALLY hope this trip comes up again!

PS..when we booked we paid cash..not points..and it priced out about $3,300 for both of us..plus had the $95 fee

Sayhello

I want to say the trip was $1599 for an adult and $1519 for a child.

One point is usually rented at $10 pp. I think the point allotment for this trip is on the low side compared to the current points for the other ABDs so i don't know if that is a promo point value since its somewhat a trial.

I want to say the trip was $1599 for an adult and $1519 for a child.
Thanks tufbuf & DisneyCruisin'. We'll see how it goes if they offer it to the general public next year! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Just talked to ABD. All trips are sold out, however, none of them sold out at 40 people. The July 3rd trip has 32 participants and 2 guides. The most any trip has is the August trip has 39 people (which means 37 participants and 2 guides). Hmmm......this is kind of curious to me. I know the person I talked to isn't in the "know" for next year, but I was told that ABD really wants feedback on this trip and there has been a TON of interest by non-DVCers as well as DVCers. It appears they didn't expect this much interest in this trip.

Just talked to ABD. All trips are sold out, however, none of them sold out at 40 people. The July 3rd trip has 32 participants and 2 guides. The most any trip has is the August trip has 39 people (which means 37 participants and 2 guides). Hmmm......this is kind of curious to me. I know the person I talked to isn't in the "know" for next year, but I was told that ABD really wants feedback on this trip and there has been a TON of interest by non-DVCers as well as DVCers. It appears they didn't expect this much interest in this trip.
Interesting. I'd have to assume they are "sold out" due to room availability at the hotel. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense. :confused3

I hope they do offer it to the general public at a half-way decent rate!

Sayhello

I'm also really really hoping they offer this to general public next year, and hopefully it's not much more than it is now.

I agree! And we are local, so we could save on airfare! (We've seen "Newsies" six times already, but we'll see it again! Lol)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This is funny, SingingMom! I've seen it only three times so far and that was one of the things that made me book this!

Dotti

Judy left the ABD heading home what a great time me and DW had very impressive and supper fun.

Just want to say how great it was meeting everyone on this trip. I hope we stay in touch. Make sure to friend me on FB!

Just got home from New York Dreams trip. What a great time we had. It was a wonderful trip. Kudos to our guides Whitney and Stefan.

We are at JFK with a delay. :(

What a great trip! Stefan and Whitney did a great job! It was VERY hard to say Goodbye to them today!

Can't wait to get pictures uploaded when I get home. Feel free to friend me on Facebook. I too would love to stay in touch with everyone!

Hope you will post a trip report of some type so we can hear what you did! When this becomes not only for DVC members, we would love to take it!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Can't say enough about how great our NewYork trip was. Living in Connecticut we visit the city quite frequently. This trip explored areas of the city we normally would have not gotten to see made lots of great new friends including our wonderful adventure guides. I will most likely be booking another adventure and staying in touch with all of the wonderful new friends. I can't wait to see all the fantastic photos we all took. These are definitely memories that will last a lifetime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter