ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Something else that I've been wondering about since I've gotton to be friends with a few more Canadians, is how/what your relationship with the British Monarch is. Merely symbolic to the extent that GB is as well? Just a hat tip at times for posterity's sake? Are some parts more attached (as in NONE of the French areas at all?)

I'm gonna jump in here.
Queen Elizabeth is our Queen. She's the Head of State of Canada.
We can't legally have a Bill become Law without her approval from her or her designate (The Governor General of Canada, who is the Queen's representative.)
Each Province also has Queen's representatives (lieutenant governor) whose powers are more symbolic.
Actually, the Queen doesn't really factor in at all. It's mostly symbolic. If there's a Bill that the government wishes to become Law, the Queen is not going to say no. Our Senate might... but not the Queen.

Canada is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations (or simply The Commonwealth) which is made up of 52 member states that were for the most part former territories of the British Empire.
Here's a map of those nations:
1100px-Commonwealth_realms_republics_and_monarchies.svg.png

Commonwealth realms are shown in blue, republics in pink, and members with their own monarchy are displayed in green.*

So if while in West Africa you're in Nigeria, Cameroon or Ghana.... Welcome to the Commonwealth.

*thanks wiki!

Wait, what? Does this mean I've never really taken a Disney trip?

Not a proper one, no.

Whew. I'm glad there was a caveat in there.

Also, truth. ::yes::

I have caveats for most things in life.

Ah, the hunt-and-kill method. We could make you an honorary DIS Dad!:thumbsup2

I'd not turn down a number. But I think I'd respectfully leave your man-cave activities to the real professionals.

(I *do* peek in on occasion, when I'm in a particularly goofy mood.)

But...it's Beaver Butt! And Ferret Farts! How could you pass that up??

There was Cheddar Cheese soup 50 yards away.

That's a great shot, right there.

We didn't get too many of the 3 of us so yeah, I like it. Funny thing is... I have no idea who took it! Passerby?

Hey, we can make them honorary DIS Dads! :rotfl2:

LOL!!! Yeah, they'd fit right in.
:lmao:
The one letter I didn't guess. Why must you torment me so!

Well, that's a stretch. It still takes the teamwork of bacon and ranch.

Ranch. Calories to the moon and back. Sure, it's the most nomalicious, but it goes my waistline faster than Trump to Twitter.

I spent about 3 weeks/year in rural Oregon/Washington/Idaho from about 2004-2008. I spent 1 week in Portland though and it was like, "nope, I've had enough of this place." Oregon is a beautiful state. I spent quite a bit of time working out of Pendleton and traveling to small towns within a couple of hours in all directions. I really enjoyed it and kind of wish it had been rodeo season. To give you an idea where I was when I came to the PNW somewhat regularly, the cities I usually set up as my base to work out of were Pendleton, Walla Walla, WA and Lewiston, ID. So I certainly don't paint the entire region with the same brush as Portland.

It just seems Portland typically has a good reputation and a lot of people love the city. I was there for a conference and had 2 co-workers get computers and other items stolen from their hotel rooms and witnessed a female co-worker get spit on by a drive by bicyclist as we were waiting for a train to take us back to our hotel after dinner. We were also treated like lepers at what ended up being a "locals" bar near the hotel. All in all, my experience in Portland was that it was a dirty city with a bunch of a-holes.

I did fly into Portland a few times and I loved the stretch of the drive that runs parallel to the Columbia River when I had to get to the eastern side of the state. Just beautiful.

I remember that discussion we had. Portland is... weird. I don't go unless I absolutely have to. Eastern Oregon is SOOO different, scenery and culturally. Much more Conservative, rugged, farm and ranch-oriented. As you know VERY rural. I love it! Just too stinking cold in the winter. Sunnier for sure, but WAY colder.

We've never done the Roundup, but sure would like to. We have a friend who's invited us to stay for free lodging, but just haven't done so yet. I think it'd be fun to check it out. My husband's family HAS done the Stampede in Calgary and loved it.

I'd say your opinion of PDX is spot on. A lot of rude people and it's filthy.

Shopping update....blech! But I do appreciate it allowed me to catch back up quickly...... :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2

So glad I could accommodate you. XP

Blood Orange Marg, well something yummy from La Cava at least.....always a good thing! :goodvibes:dancer:

Always!!

He lives less than an hour from St Louis and buys season tickets to the Fox now, plus goes to a lot of the show that aren't part of the season. It looks gorgeous - I've never been

Season tix! NICE!

Oh, I only meant that the orchestra at that theater was maybe 4 or 5 people - so not exactly an orchestra but that's still what they called it.

I did music in a similar way playing flute for our community theater in high school. The one I remember most was Taming of the Shrew- so fun! It only takes 4 or 5 to really add a lot to a stage play.

Thanks Polly! @Steppesister was calling on me I guess as the long time resident European... But you are ultimately fare more qualified than me to answer questions about the UK!

I know how thorough you tend to be in research of going in depth for stuff like this. AND yes, of course, you being a long-time European resident with a WAY above average traveled-to list.

I just wanted to add that one of the "neat" facts about the UK is that its flag, the Union Jack, is actually a combination of the symbols for the patron saints for England (St George), Scotland (St Andrew) and Ireland (St Patrick). They left out poor little Wales. But now Wales has the most amazing flag with a red dragon that is really cool!

I didn't know that! What a cool factoid! Now I know. :)

And yeah, I do recall Wales' flag was a dragon- pretty much very cool! Brings up visions of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe or Harry Potter a little.

Oh my gosh, I loved your V & A update!

AWw, thanks!

I think that's the perfect gift for yourself after graduating. You certainly deserved a reward for going through all that work.

I'm starting to think I might need a reward for getting myself to 50. LOL! Hmmm....?

I feel like a lot of people don't give solo time a fair shot. There's something to be said about eating alone and having time to think. And as a parent now...well that time in invaluable!

I completely agree! Maybe it took having 26 years of family first to say, ya know what? I need a BREAK now and then!

The perfect accessory for a Disney dinner!

Pretty much. :) YUP!

Man, that's some impressive Christmas cards. How sweet, though. You two had to be the most fabulous people on the monorail that night.

I hope someday she knows how gosh darned lucky she is! Yes, a few others in our car were enjoying her cuteness.

I love how Sharon helped you with your alphabet challenge. And since I live in Germany now, I've actually heard of Naturwein!

I think she found it fun because it was a bit out-of-the-box for her job as well. Something kinda novel and fun.

Oh no! At least someone was able to help you back to your table. In your defense, there were probably a lot of rooms and a lot of tables, and when you don't instinctively think to remember your path when you leave a room.

I think in hindsight, I was so focused on elegantly getting TO the bathroom and not falling on my kiester that I simply wasn't paying attention at all. I was kinda soaking it all from the harpist to the flower arrangements to the fabric wall"paper".

Again, wow! I have never seen that before, but it looks interesting.

Super fun to watch! (even better to drink!)

What a turn of events. From meeting another "princess" on the monorail to all that amazing food to finishing your meal with some new Scottish friends, you had a night to remember. And it was the things that you could never predict or plan for that seemed to make it extra special.

Indeed- from beginning to end, it was just a fabulous evening. Definitely that Disney magic on steroids.

Well thanks to all our friends across the pond for clearing that up! I only know that the Scots fought against the English (and lost) to restore Bonny Prince Charles as the rightful King. I know this from reading Outlander!

A kindred spirit! I love Outlander!

I'll approve that choice from Canada! If it makes you feel better, I didn't even find a good souvenir from the real Paris. But that's because I'm going through a "too much stuff" phase in my house. But I'll always have the random memories that creep into my mind when I least expect it :)

I was wondering how many of my Canadian friendlies would chime in here. ;)

Yeah, the clean-out-the-crap phase. I'm permanently on one, as I can't stand clutter.

So what IS with the French souvie scene? I DO have an idea though for my next run through; I think I may have seen some handtowels that might be just right. Useful, not too super expensive, and something I'd see a lot.

Well it would appear the I have never completed a Disney trip. :p

Yes, but for the amount of shopping you and Fran do... I"m sure you've run circles around most everyone around here.

I'm not sure that there are any shops we've not been in. :rolleyes1

I tend to agree 100% with your assessment.

That's pretty much how I am. I have a list or something specific I'm looking for.

Browsing... just no.

That would be Fran. "Can we just ride through the such and such store?" Usually it the ones with artwork and figures. I prefer the clothing and jewelry stores, but then there's not a lot new that interests me....

I can see her just ogling over all the art. And actually, I do love those types as well. I, for the first time, discovered that shop near the entrance to EPCOT, kinda by SE, know which one I'm talking about? It has a TON of Disney art, and even had an artist on duty. I aaaaaaaaaaaaaalmost splurged BIG time on something. BUT, then remembered of have the original sketches that my cousin did while working for the Studio in Burbank and still need to get them framed. So that first.

I have enough trinkety things laying around cluttering up my house. I only buy things that are "special" or "speak to me".

That's exactly what this was all about. Just one little, inexpensive thing to serve as a fun reminder. And now, as you'll see, I've started 2 little "collections" that can keep growing.

:scratchin I always though the proper way to go was what took you to your destination. :laughing:

Well, if one's destination is ALL the way back to where you started... then clockwise ends your day at The Ditch, no? ;)

I used to love the margarita stand. I hope the new outdoor bar serves that purpose. It's too much work for us to go all the way inside the Pavillion unless we're stopping for a while. ie La Cava or San Angel Inn.

I'd agree, but they only serve pre-mixed, weaker ones from what I remember. I don't think you can get the top shelf liquors out there.

We use the words "precious items".

LOLOL! Crap= "precious items" Now, that's rich!

Well thanks to all our friends across the pond for clearing that up! I only know that the Scots fought against the English (and lost) to restore Bonny Prince Charles as the rightful King. I know this from reading Outlander!

Ah, an Outlander fan! I have a few of those friends; never took the plunge. Then again, I just don't read much anymore.

No. I'd rather hit up two food booths! :lmao:

Oh!? You think I didn't?! Oh... still LOTS more TR to come. I chose to NOT weave the concurrent F&W goings on in these chapters.

IKR! Sad day.

I reread this and now it makes more sense. I thought meant there were only thtee more Pavilions to go, but you mean three more in today's story.

Nope. 3 more for this day, then I'll hit up Day 2's Pts. 1 and 2 next.

Nah. I can leave off the bacon. In fact I prefer it without. Gets in the way.

Now chilli.... beef chilli, not bean :crazy2: that should be on.

Hence, my Tri-Burger Challenge coming up in March...

Tommy's shall NOT disappoint. In fact, BECAUSE of the chili, I think it's going to edge out In and Out and Slaters. We shall see....

awwww... poor li'l queen.

But, I DID make it through and came out stronger on the other side. No?

Try building one from scratch.

We did. From scratch, using materials we've never worked with before, in a foreign country, using a foreign language, while never paying one bribe, and while the secret police did not-so-secret surveillance on us. ;)

Hmmmm..... maybe... maybe....

Let the master teach you...

It would be nice if they actually stocked stuff you did need.

I did get at least one item that we'll use in a practical way.

The Chinese pavilion is going to be a major disappointment.

Well, yes, except...

I think I like you.

You do?!

Well, if you've got your heart set on Sven, you can just come up here.
Of course we call them caribou and not reindeer here, but it's the same animal.

Hmm.... I've eaten caribou (which is amazing, by the way.) I wonder if I ate one of Sven's relatives... Hm....

Anyway, if you want to take Sven home with you, instead of a massive reindeer, might I suggest a hamster instead? Less clean up.

Reindeer > stinking Viking dudes who've not showered in... months?

I'd imagine the caribou tastes quite a lot like our elk. Yummy! (Tastes even better if you hunt it yourself!)

You don't say. :rolleyes1

I could shoot for more "conventional" but that'd be... boring.

mmmmm... that sounds good!

And... I may have had one. I really don't remember which margs I ordered!

Of course you don't! You were drinking tequila. Silly you.

You're doing it wrong.

Again, let the master teach you.

:laughing: I have a picture in my mind that I can't say on a family board.

Try the DIS Dad's threads. I hear they're contemplating an honorary membership for me. @Captain_Oblivious is gonna get right on that.

You're going to do all of WS and then go to MNSSHP????

Not all. Half. Because of the time crunch I had to bust it up into 2 parts. But I HAVE done it in one day before.

Okay... I'll bite.
What is your favourite country's pavilion?

That's in the next update- which should narrow things down to 3 left. So you guess.

But how could you shop with it if you finished it before the first shop??
Proof:

I said I was taking a "fiesta" with me. Not necessarily a drink. How long does it take to finish one tiny little marg?

Not even at France yet and... no drink.

Factor in that I let the kids go ahead and then had to wait for them again... there was ample time to guzzle the marg.

Ah. So that qualifies me as riff-raff....

Yeah, pretty accurate.

You said it.

Nope. I actually didn't think you would.

You know me pretty well. :)

Uh, huh. How long did you have that drink in hand??

I could look up time stamps on photos, but am WAY too lazy. Probably, I dunno, 15-20 minutes. ?? Besides, I had C to take care of not too long after that.

No offense taken. I have no idea who stocks that place... my best bet is it's someone who's never been to Canada. What is all that crap?

I"m so glad I"m not the only one. Just so disappointing! Why not authentic Haida art? Reindeer, oh excuse me, caribou antler carvings? I dunno, I"m sure you guys have some stuff worth buying.

Maybe we're trying to keep the riff-raff from La Cava out.

Fine, I'll go spend my money on cra... her stuff somewhere else.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Your financial situation lets you spend 4 trillion dollars!?!?!?!?!?!?

:worship:

You know darn well, if I had that kind of cash, I'd have a '63 split window, silver Corvette. Almost there.....

Wow. No offense but.... you could do so much better up here.

OH, I KNOW I could!!! Thinking about a trip up there sometime, in fact. I could get some nice souvenirs, I"m sure!

I did actually look it up once... but.... that's gone now.

I did too, but similarly, it's gone. However, my memory and knowledge is better now that our British and Euro friends have schooled us.

Actually... as useless junk goes... I kinda like that.

I thought it was kinda cute.

I wonder if they train their CMs on how to pose for photos.

If they don't, she seems like she's got a natural talent for it!

Ok, ok. Fine. But I did try to throw in the helicopters.

Now you're talking!

I thought you and the others would approve.

Ah... Provence... I would love to.

I'm dying to go on a photo workshop tour there. I think I'd throw in Southern Italy as well. You know, since I"m close.

That right there is an awesome photo. Never even noticed it before.
Really nice, Liesa.

Thanks!! :D

:laughing: They look so done!

Beyond. And it went downhill from there until they got their 2nd wind at the party.

I'm sorry you had that experience.
We had a wonderful time.
The people were so friendly and courteous. I never noticed any dirt in the streets, never got lost using subways or busses and didn't find it that pricey.

But... I'm curious. "Mean to my family". Are you referring to being deliberately sent to the wrong place some time?

That's because you speak French. For those of us who don't, I've heard from many, many who've had the same experience.

So, yes, we were sent the wrong way at least once- possibly twice. At the time, my comprehension was good enough to know what had been said and I know for a fact I was asking for directions correctly as I was using the help of a pocket translator book. Along with my horribly bad spoken French.

But the worse experience was when we went to a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner I think on our first night in the city.

There were 5 of us and we each ordered a dish. Normal for each person to get ONE item from the menu and share from those, or not. The dishes started arriving and it was 5 of EACH dish we'd ordered, so it was this obscene massive amount of food- 5 TIMES more than we'd asked for or could even come close to eating. The other patrons could totally see what was going on and there was nothing we could do. They became VERY rude about us ordering it all- we didn't and that should have been obvious. I remember all of us sitting there stunned and being unbelievably mortified. But that's not all.

You know those little VISA/Mastercard signs on windows as an indication they take credit? We assumed they did- since they had one displayed.

NOPE! We didn't have cash yet, as we'd just arrived. Obviously they aren't going to take a foreign check. And now, no way to pay in credit either. In the end, this lady who was dining with teenage son saw our predicament and offered to pay our bill... like $300 or more!, and we'd send them a check when we got home. Probably one of the most humiliating experiences I've ever had.

This seems to be the shot that everyone gets!

Yeah, amateur. But you gotta get it.

What if I let you drive it?

Well, then I'd take you someplace nice with long open stretches of road so I could speed in it.

Last edited:

Religion

Ireland: Catholic
England: Protestant (Anglican Church)

To be very simplistic: England treated Ireland like a colony, the colony wanted to be independent. Since in the Northern part there was a substantial Protestant population, they stayed with the UK, the rest was set free. This is a very bloody history. Some Irish people did not approve of the North being still ruled by the UK and formed a terrorist group (or freedom fighters - depending on whose side you are on), the IRA, that caused a lot of mayhem. Not only in Northern Ireland, but also in the UK. I remember the City of London being a special target. That's why when I did an internship there in the 1990s we not only learned how to react to a fire alarm, but also to a bomb alarm. Yes, 20 years ago that was already part of daily life in London.

Actually, it was in the late 90s that things got better. There was an agreement in 1998 called the Good Friday Agreement which started a lasting peace process. This was not without its ups and downs, but at least things look much better there now than 40 years ago.

Also, this whole issue is another one of those that make Brexit so difficult. The Republic of Ireland and the UK currently are both EU members, so a lot of cross boarder issues are now dealt within that context. Once the UK leaves, the Republic of Ireland will be bound by whatever agreements there are made between the EU and the UK (that is part of the EU, you give up power to the EU for those kind of deals about trade so that you can use the collective power of all the EU member states to get a better deal than every country individually - at least this is the theory, if it works in practice is something that is being debated, see Brexit). For example, now it is easy to live on one side of the boarder and work on the other. How this will work out after Brexit is totally up in the air at the moment.

The simplistic explanation is certainly one I can understand. And I had a vague understanding of the IRA and it's beefs with the way things were handled and how they were at the time.

I'm sure there must still be some unrest, but as you say, now it's even more complicated with Brexit. It'll be very interesting indeed to see how that all plays out financially and politically. I read BBC more than any our own news sources, to do keep up to a point on it.

Hence, my Tri-Burger Challenge coming up in March...

Tommy's shall NOT disappoint. In fact, BECAUSE of the chili, I think it's going to edge out In and Out and Slaters. We shall see....

It will be interesting to see which one wins.

But, I DID make it through and came out stronger on the other side. No?

Only you can say for sure.

We did. From scratch, using materials we've never worked with before, in a foreign country, using a foreign language, whiile never paying one bribe, and while the secret police did not-so-secret surveillance on us. ;)

Holy..... :worship:

Let the master teach you...

I dunno.... I'll have to think about it.

I did get at least one item that we'll use in a practical way.

Standing by...

Sure. You're in the harem after all.

Reindeer > stinking Viking dudes who've not showered in... months?

Hmmm... I'm starting to think that you think the guy's name is Sven. You know that's the reindeer's name, right?

I'd imagine the caribou tastes quite a lot like our elk. Yummy! (Tastes even better if you hunt it yourself!)

Probably. To both statements.

I could shoot for more "conventional" but that'd be... boring.

Never do boring.

Of course you don't! You were drinking tequila. Silly you.

:rolleyes1

Again, let the master teach you.

Not if you're doing it wrong!

Try the DIS Dad's threads. I hear they're contemplating an honorary membership for me. @Captain_Oblivious is gonna get right on that.

If he does, he'll be stripped of his membership.

Not all. Half. Because of the time crunch I had to bust it up into 2 parts. But I HAVE done it in one day before.

Ah!

That's in the next update- which should narrow things down to 3 left. So you guess.

Nah. I'll wait for the update.

I said I was taking a "fiesta" with me. Not necessarily a drink. How long does it take to finish one tiny little marg?

Less then the time it takes to walk to France.

Factor in that I let the kids go ahead and then had to wait for them again... there was ample time to guzzle the marg.

The fact that you use the term "guzzle"...

Besides, I had C to take care of not too long after that.

Oh, I C.

I"m so glad I"m not the only one. Just so disappointing! Why not authentic Haida art? Reindeer, oh excuse me, caribou antler carvings? I dunno, I"m sure you guys have some stuff worth buying.

I suppose. pkondz rarely does "souvenirs".

You know darn well, if I had that kind of cash, I'd have a '63 split window, silver Corvette. Almost there.....

That's true.

If they don't, she seems like she's got a natural talent for it!

::yes::

Ok, ok. Fine. But I did try to throw in the helicopters.

There is no try there is only.... oh for Pete's sake. Now I'm quoting Yoda!

I'm dying to go on a photo workshop tour there. I think I'd throw in Southern Italy as well. You know, since I"m close.

Got room in your suitcase?

Beyond. And it went downhill from there until they got their 2nd wind at the party.

Uh, oh....

That's because you speak French. For those of us who don't, I've heard from many, many who've had the same experience.

I wondered about that...

But the worse experience was when we went to a Vietnamese restaurant for dinner I think on our first night in the city.

There were 5 of us and we each ordered a dish. Normal for each person to get ONE item from the menu and share from those, or not. The dishes started arriving and it was 5 of EACH dish we'd ordered, so it was this obscene massive amount of food- 5 TIMES more than we'd asked for or could even come close to eating. The other patrons could totally see what was going on and there was nothing we could do. They became VERY rude about us ordering it all- we didn't and that should have been obvious. I remember all of us sitting there stunned and being unbelievably mortified. But that's not all.

YOu know those little VISA/Mastercard signs on windows as an indication they take credit? We assumed they did- since they had one displayed.

NOPE! We didn't have cash yet, as we'd just arrived. Obviously they aren't going to take a foreign check. And now, no way to pay in credit either. In the end, this lady who was dining with teenage son saw our predicament and offered to pay our bill... like $300 or more!, and we'd send them a check when we got home. Probably of the most humiliating experiences I've ever had.

Wow. You know darned well they brought out all that extra food on purpose. Jerks.

Yeah, amateur. But you gotta get it.

I did.

Well, then I'd take you someplace nice with long open stretches so I could speed in it.

Sounds good!

Do you know WHY the Irish split? Did they ask? Was there a unamiable split?

It was very helpful! Thank you so much!

Basically England owned all of Ireland it kind of invaded it and took it from the Irish people. Southern Ireland wanted independence as an entire island. The issue was Northern Ireland was mainly full of English immigrants so wanted to remain part of the British Empire. So a deal was done that Southern Ireland was given independance but Northern Ireland remained part of the UK. Southern Ireland was never happy with this. It wanted Nothern Ireland too. Much fighting has occurred since. Terriorism , bombs in England etc by the IRA. It was at it's worse in the 70's England had miltary in Northern Ireland. Lots of soldiers died. We had many bombs in London. My parents are Southern Irish. There is still much upset on this matter. Southern Ireland want a united indepenant Ireland. Northern Ireland want to stay in the UK. I hope this helps. To travel with a Southern Irish passport in the 70's and 80's was a nightmare. Going in holiday as a family we were questioned as if we were part of the IRA.

Hi
If I had original sketches from Burnbank studios they would be given pride of place around the house.Especially if they were done by a relative.They would become a talking point for visiters to you.Been following the British history with intrest.Bonnie prince Charlie was also mostly about religion as well

Hi
If I had original sketches from Burnbank studios they would be given pride of place around the house.Especially if they were done by a relative.They would become a talking point for visiters to you.Been following the British history with intrest.Bonnie prince Charlie was also mostly about religion as well

Yes, European history is full of wars and conflicts that were motivated by religion. Here in Germany the worst catastrophe that happened until WW II was the 30 Year's War, which devastated whole areas in Central Europe. It was fought between the Catholic and Protestant powers and it is estimated that during its duration from 1618 to 1648 a third of the population in Central Europe was killed directly or indirectly (starvation, illnesses) by the war.

I'm gonna jump in here.
Queen Elizabeth is our Queen. She's the Head of State of Canada.
We can't legally have a Bill become Law without her approval from her or her designate (The Governor General of Canada, who is the Queen's representative.)
Each Province also has Queen's representatives (lieutenant governor) whose powers are more symbolic.
Actually, the Queen doesn't really factor in at all. It's mostly symbolic. If there's a Bill that the government wishes to become Law, the Queen is not going to say no. Our Senate might... but not the Queen.

I honestly had NO idea! Thanks for that explanation!

Canada is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations (or simply The Commonwealth) which is made up of 52 member states that were for the most part former territories of the British Empire.
Here's a map of those nations:
1100px-Commonwealth_realms_republics_and_monarchies.svg.png

Commonwealth realms are shown in blue, republics in pink, and members with their own monarchy are displayed in green.*

So if while in West Africa you're in Nigeria, Cameroon or Ghana.... Welcome to the Commonwealth.

*thanks wiki!

So big deal, there's a Commonwealth. (I'm playing Devil's Advocate here...) Why is that important and what significance does it have? Is it also a symbolic throwback to former times, or is there some legal or political clout that this consortium holds? Trade advantages? Or...?

It will be interesting to see which one wins.

I'm gonna go with Slaters. Bacon.

I dunno.... I'll have to think about it.

Take all the time you need. I'll be here all year.

Hmmm... I'm starting to think that you think the guy's name is Sven. You know that's the reindeer's name, right?

Yep, and I chose to take the reindeer home as most Disney princes are non-entities- some don't even talk (just like the reindeer). He's warm, will let you snuggle up, keeps his mouth shut, and can carry stuff for you. ;)

Plus, I always thought it'd be cool to have a reindeer. But then again, I've always wanted my very own firetruck too.

Never do boring.

Go big, or go home.

Not if you're doing it wrong!

Fine. You do it your way, I'll do it mine. We'll both get to the same place about the same time. :)

If he does, he'll be stripped of his membership.

Aww, don't be too harsh on him. He knows a quality Member when they come along.

Less then the time it takes to walk to France.

Precisely.

The fact that you use the term "guzzle"...

It was... refreshing. ;)

I suppose. pkondz rarely does "souvenirs".

Neither does Steppe, unless it's at WS. Don't need t-shirts or bags or other stuff. I did come home with a pretty cool cup though. Pretty happy about it.

Got room in your suitcase?

I could make room. But I'll have to ask if you'd be willing to pay the heavy bag fee. I think you're probably over the 50# limit. No?

Wow. You know darned well they brought out all that extra food on purpose. Jerks.

They probably peed on it too.

So big deal, there's a Commonwealth. (I'm playing Devil's Advocate here...)

Hey! That's my home your dissing!

Why is that important and what significance does it have? Is it also a symbolic throwback to former times, or is there some legal or political clout that this consortium holds? Trade advantages? Or...?

Well, The Commonwealth comprises 1/3 of the entire World's population. Mostly it's a Human Rights club, but it doesn't really do all that well at it. Trade among members is pretty high too. There's the Commonwealth games that is held every four years. But... and this is just me talkin' it seems to be mostly kept together by inertia rather than any great political or socio-economic reason.

Yep, and I chose to take the reindeer home as most Disney princes are non-entities- some don't even talk (just like the reindeer). He's warm, will let you snuggle up, keeps his mouth shut, and can carry stuff for you. ;)

Plus, I always thought it'd be cool to have a reindeer. But then again, I've always wanted my very own firetruck too.

Ah! Well, knock yourself out. I get tired of picking up dog poop.
You wanna do reindeer poop you go right ahead.

Then again, the shop at Canada will buy it from you, I hear.

Go big, or go home.

Can I go small and to go Disney?

Fine. You do it your way, I'll do it mine. We'll both get to the same place about the same time. :)

Race ya!!

Aww, don't be too harsh on him. He knows a quality Member when they come along.

Okay, Dad.

Neither does Steppe, unless it's at WS. Don't need t-shirts or bags or other stuff. I did come home with a pretty cool cup though. Pretty happy about it.

Of which I'm sure we will see a photo at the appropriate time.

I could make room. But I'll have to ask if you'd be willing to pay the heavy bag fee. I think you're probably over the 50# limit. No?

$25? Yeah I think I could swing that.

They probably peed on it too.

Ew... but... yeah.

Hi! :wave2:

I'm Ashleigh. I'm new here! I read your PTR and loved it so came over to follow along with your TR. popcorn::

When-She-Perfected-Art-Lurking.gif

No more lurking for me.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

HI ASHLEIGH!!!! :welcome::welcome::welcome:

I'm SO glad you decided to join this nutty bunch around here! (Actually, it's just me who's more nutty than the rest) We love to have newcomers and you're always welcome to chime in and comment on the chatter. Sometimes we're silly, and sometimes we pretend like we know what we're talking about. ;) LOL!

I'm actually just getting started on this TR and have TONS more stuff to tell you. Many stories yet to come....

Hope to see you around here a lot and get to know you better. :hyper2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter