A World of Disney - 2019-2020 Pre Trip Reports! - Basic NYE plans

I was thinking of trying AKL the last couple days we are there in Feb. The weekend will be super busy, so I was thinking that might be a good time to enjoy the resort... We'll see.

Sounds like a great trip!

I ended up ordering from a reseller online and got my goodies! Some of the Duffy merch and a shoulder ghost!
My son (DS27) loves Duffy!! ONe of the reasons we want to go to the asian parks - Duffy seems to have more of a presence there. Where did you find halloween Duffy stuff?

Love all the Duffy merch from the Asia parks. I'm going to need so much extra suitcase room when I go lol.

Hope your waitlists come through for Feb!

My son (DS27) loves Duffy!! ONe of the reasons we want to go to the asian parks - Duffy seems to have more of a presence there. Where did you find halloween Duffy stuff?
I ordered from Tokyo Kawaii Club! I’ve ordered their things before and the guy is very reliable. Also Belloshophk is on Instagram and has merch from all the Asian parks.

I ordered from Tokyo Kawaii Club! I’ve ordered their things before and the guy is very reliable. Also Belloshophk is on Instagram and has merch from all the Asian parks.
Thank you so much! Both of my adult sons enjoy japanese culture, and Disney, so I could use these sites to find unique bday and xmas gifts for them. This is really a game changer for me, so glad you mentioned them and included your pics!

2 WEEKS!!!

Holy crap - I leave in 2 weeks! Still so overwhelmed and excited and just overall crazy!

I found a Mobile Wifi company which provided one device I can use in all the countries. I think that will be SO MUCH easier than having to get a new one at each airport!

Shanghai
-I've booked Mr Orange airport transfer as a private car from the airport to Disney. It has good reviews on these boards and otherwise and was only $72 roundtrip (plus tip). Worth it for me!
-I booked Lumiere's Kitchen for dinner the first night (hopefully with a fun dismeet) and breakfast the final morning. Wasn't planning on booking, but realized it is the Shanghai Disney Inspiration Run on the day I arrive, so I don't know how busy it will be.
-I have a basic touring plan figured out. I will most likely buy the FPs for the first day, just so I can take things more unscheduled and enjoy a new park! Still pretty overwhelmed by it all!

Hong Kong
-Definitely still lots of protests going on. The authorities have been keeping it away from the airport, so I don't think it will have a huge impact on my trip, but of course still is something upsetting to see.
-I got my ADRs: Enchanted Garden for the first night, because the Halloween desserts look so cute and the characters are dressed up. And Crystal Lotus Disney Dimsum on my final morning/early afternoon. I may even have company there, but that person is still figuring out their schedule!
-Still haven't figured out the full touring plan, but I think it's less necessary for HKDL.

Tokyo
-Booked the shuttle from Airport - Hotel.
-Still trying to figure out touring plans.
-Christmas menus and entertainment were released - seems to be the same as last year's theme. I know some people really wanted new themes at Disneyland, but I figure I haven't seen any previous ones, so am excited to see all of it.
-I will be attempting to make ADRs next week. I'm thinking I'll just do Magellans. And am debating between the first day or last day. Benefits of first day - don't need to schedule it around the Harbor show, which I will be wanting to see a couple times on the last day. Benefits of last day - it will be pretty busy that day, so will help to avoid Quick Service food lines? Any thoughts?

Kyoto
-I have some basic ideas. Still figuring out the whole thing though!
-I have a hotel right near train station so I can drop my suitcase easily (or at least store at train station and pick up after doing some Kyoto stuff).

Tokyo
-Again, still figuring out the full plan
-I'm actually there on a Japanese National Holiday - Culture Day. Which seems pretty awesome, with a focus on knowledge and education, as well as demonstrating traditional arts and stuff. So performances in parks of archery and samurai swords. And some museums are free. Probably higher crowds, but I think it will be neat to see people in their traditional kimonos and outfits.
-I'm staying in Shinjuku, right by the train station, which I think will be convenient as my base.

So, yeah, still trying to get everything all settled! All the important stuff is taken care of at least!

Other trips
NYE - If you've read @chunkymonkey 's latest update, you'd realize she ditched me for part of the NYE trip . :P Well, she got an awesome cruise offer, so it makes sense! We'll still need to figure out how/when to meet up. Trying to figure out FPs since I start booking those before I leave for Asia.
February - I did some serious DVC stalking over the past few weeks and have managed to get a continuous stay over the whole week, so no room changes pre-cruise. I'll be in a Kidani Savanna view Studio. I gave up the Value studio, which cost some DVC points, but I prefer the convenience of not having to switch! And this means I will get the nice balcony with animal views while trying to "work from home".
Alaska Cruise - I don't remember if I mentioned, but we were able to switch around the bookings a bit so now instead of having a Veranda-Oceanview room (which don't connect together), we have Veranda-Veranda rooms, which will connect together. I think it will be much more convenient with all of us!

I found a Mobile Wifi company which provided one device I can use in all the countries.
Which one did you go with?

Definitely still lots of protests going on. The authorities have been keeping it away from the airport, so I don't think it will have a huge impact on my trip, but of course still is something upsetting to see.
Yeah I've been thinking about you and your trip as I've seen this on the news! I'm hopeful that it won't interrupt your trip at all though!

I did some serious DVC stalking over the past few weeks and have managed to get a continuous stay over the whole week
Lucky!

we have Veranda-Veranda rooms, which will connect together. I think it will be much more convenient with all of us!
Double lucky!!

Wow I need your Disney booking pixie dust- you got everything you needed all lined up!

Your plans sound awesome! And nice job getting a continuous stay in February, that sounds like quite the feat! lol

Dan and I will be in Disneyland 11/15-11/18 so if you feel up to meeting up let me know!

Which one did you go with?
I went with Roaming Man. There was another one which keeps popping up in my Instagram ads, but when I checked reviews, people liked this one better.
Double lucky!!

Wow I need your Disney booking pixie dust- you got everything you needed all lined up!
Haha, I just don't give up!

For the cruise, I had my 10% OBB discount set for the Star Wars cruise. But they ended up releasing the guaranteed discount rates which saved more money than my discount. That meant I could book it and transfer the discounted rate over to the Alaska cruise, so the veranda is only slightly more than the oceanview would have been!

Dan and I will be in Disneyland 11/15-11/18 so if you feel up to meeting up let me know!
I will definitely be trying to! I get back on the 10th, so am not sure how I will be feeling and if I can make it to the parks that weekend! But I definitely hope so!

2 Days!!! I leave in 2 days! Still a lot to prepare, but I'm so excited!

I probably won't be on the Dis while I'm away, but I may be on some social media. My twitter is just @lesleywake. I'm more of a like/comment person, but I may post some (oh, and besides Disney, I do tend to talk about the Rams and politics on there, just a warning). And my instagram is "sassydasheng" (though I post as many photos of my cats as I do Disney)! I will try to remember to post, but I'm not going to lie - I tend to get more and more lax as the trip goes on - too focused with where I am! But you are welcome to follow along if you want.

Anyways, I can't wait!

Your itinerary looks awesome! I hope you have a safe and amazing trip! Can't wait to read your TR when you return!!

HAHAHA, I just looked at your instagram and saw the video - is that ropedrop? Japan or China? Looks like they looooove Disney.... you'll have to let us know if you get swept up in the fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!