A week without ADRs

buckeyeguy1

Mouseketeer
The wife and I are coming down in a couple of weeks for an anniversary trip without the kiddo. We decided not to do any ADRs this time and just wing it. I have to say the closer we get to our trip, the more freeing it feels not to have to plan around them. The thought of sneaking into a lounge and sharing an appetizer knowing we don't have a reservation two hours later is amazing. There really wasn't any place we felt we HAD to eat at this time, so we thought this would make it a little more of an adventure. We are seasoned APs so we're not walking into this blind. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I have found, especially with only 2 people. you can pretty much get into ALMOST any place to eat by just doing a walk up. You may have to wait 15-30 minutes. But they will find you a spot, even if it is just at the bar.

I think you will love it. We do this all of the time now. We don't care if we have to eat QS and found that most of the restaurants we really like (places at Swan/Dolphin, some signatures, etc.) don't really require reservations until day-of. And, if we can't get the reservation, we really don't care. We are going with newbies in two weeks and even for that trip I have exactly 4 reservations made (Sci-Fi, Boathouse on opentable so it can be cancelled last minute if need be and two fireworks parties). Even they are happy to wing it the rest of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter