A Sisters‘ Summer Sailing to Scandinavia - update: After Cruise Day 2: Tivoli

OK thanks for clarifying! I was a little confused. It was posted by Katarina, but then she was referred to as if it were you, Magdalene!

I'm sorry you had such a delay in your travels, but I hope the rest is smooth sailing from here on out!

What a shame about the delay on your travels, but I am glad that you managed to get there in the end.

Corinna

I would have been one getting off the train for a cigarette but no more !!!!! Any delay on a vacation is grueling, glad it all worked out in the end even with the delay.

German trains are awesoome!!! They stock plenty of bags, meant for something very different, in case one (or two!) gets violently ill en route. We've never been so relieved to get off- nor were our train-carmates. All joking aside, they are clean, generally on time and very polite and helpful- at least that was our experience.

So sorry you had a delay; I'm so glad they provided water and a small refund!

Great continuation of what promises to be a wonderful story!!

Shame on you. ;)
Okay Ms. Smartypants, shouldn't you be crammin' for a math quiz or something...... :teacher:

All caught up so I guess about a month from now I should be adequately behind again...... :rolleyes: Enjoyed the intros, although those puberty and sharing a tub comments might be considered a little TMI....... :laughing: Not sure why you (Magdalene) think traveling with Katharina seems to bring along corresponding issues.....the last time you did a significant trip together you got to meet ME. :goofy: Oh wait. ....did I just prove your point.....??? :scratchin

An update! But one I already know. I wrote it....

I'm working on the next one… Unfortunately all my work free days seem to be so much shorter, then the ones when I'm at work...

OK thanks for clarifying! I was a little confused. It was posted by Katarina, but then she was referred to as if it were you, Magdalene!

I'm sorry about the confusion, I added a short introduction now...

I'm sorry you had such a delay in your travels, but I hope the rest is smooth sailing from here on out!

Depends on your definition of smooth sailing…
There were no further delays or travel problems, but the sea was not always smooth

What a shame about the delay on your travels, but I am glad that you managed to get there in the end.

This year saw some major interruptions in train travel in Germany, as there were many workers' strikes. So this was kind of unnecessary but fortunately not such a big problem.

I would have been one getting off the train for a cigarette but no more !!!!! Any delay on a vacation is grueling, glad it all worked out in the end even with the delay.

That's a reason why I like to split up longer travels to have some time as "buffer zone" between legs of the journey.

German trains are awesoome!!! They stock plenty of bags, meant for something very different, in case one (or two!) gets violently ill en route. We've never been so relieved to get off- nor were our train-carmates. All joking aside, they are clean, generally on time and very polite and helpful- at least that was our experience.

So sorry you had a delay; I'm so glad they provided water and a small refund!

Great continuation of what promises to be a wonderful story!!

You are so far still the family who made the most out of these bags - as far as I know...

I'm here. You sure do miss a lot when you almost never visit the boards.....:rolleyes1

:welcome: I'm sure the speed of this TR will be comfortable for you!

This year saw some major interruptions in train travel in Germany, as there were many workers' strikes. So this was kind of unnecessary but fortunately not such a big problem.

Yes, we had some fun and games with this over the course of the year. I work for an airline that offers Rail and Fly free of charge for departures from Germany and we got a lot of complaints about the strikes.

Corinna

Pat! I should get back to your report as well.

I did manage an update recently. Trying to make time for the DIS but lately that is very hard to do.

Berlin with nearly 2 hours of delay

The clock work of German trains. Lucky you did not choose Not to have that buffer.

At least it was a nice day to be outside for a bit.

Katharina kind of attracts bad travel luck…

That's it blame your sister. I had a stretch of travels that always came with an adventure for a while. Glad those are over.

Unfortunately all my work free days seem to be so much shorter, then the ones when I'm at work...

I know that all too well.

That's a reason why I like to split up longer travels to have some time as "buffer zone" between legs of the journey.

Always have the buffer. It always seems to be when you need everything to work just so ....it doesn't

Glad Magdalene got there ... eventually and didn't delay much anything else other than her arrival in Berlin

Last edited:
Love them and they are difficult to get in Germany (or at least to get good ones).

LOLOL!! Oops, I forgot to insert that into the other TR! It was in regards to finding good BBQ in Germany. I was going to say, "kinda like finding good spaetzle and kraut around here."

Okay Ms. Smartypants, shouldn't you be crammin' for a math quiz or something...... :teacher:

Go away. Ok, fine. You're right. And I'm.... less right.

You are so far still the family who made the most out of these bags - as far as I know...

You have NO idea how much I loved those bags.

Sorry I'm late for the start but since you haven't boarded the ship yet, I think I'm okay.

This has to be the first trip report I've ever read where the word "latitudinal" was used in the Intro. :thumbsup2

I'm wondering if this one is going to get off the ground? I know it's tough but we haven't even set sail on this supposed cruise. :rolleyes1

Happy brithday 10 days late, Katharina! Looks like it's been that long since I've had free time to hang out on the Boards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter