A question for the DIS ladies....

Jeafl

<font color=red>Has an emergency auto hammer & kno
Have any of you had experience with ovarian cysts? My doctor told me this morning that I have one slightly larger than a golf ball! I never even knew it was there! I have to come back in a month for another ultrasound to see if it goes away on it's own, but then she got called away on an emergency and didn't have a chance to tell me what happens if it doesn't go away. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this...

I have had several over the years. They just watch them. If they don't go away on their own, they will try to make it go away with hormones.

I have one now, but the doc thinks it will go away on its own. He didn't tell me what he does if it doesn't. I have an ultrasound in August to see if it's gone. I guess it's normal to have them when you ovulate, we just don't know they're there. My first ultrasound as mid-cycle, so the doc figures it will go away on its own. The next one is at the end of my period, that's the best time to check.

My mother had them for the longest time, and they could never get them to go away no matter what they did, so they had to do surgery and remove everything...this was about 10 years ago though, so maybe technology has gotten better in this area. I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you!

I had an ovarian cyst on my left ovary when I was 3 months pregnant with DD.(About 5 years ago.) My body was nourishing DD AND the cyst and it kept getting bigger, so they had to remove it. It was the size of a tennis ball so the doctor's decided to remove my left ovary as well.

I have the kind that come and go....follicular cysts. So far I can deal with the pain they cause as it's not that severe.

Every now and then I'll get a painful one, but it either ruptures or shrinks back down again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter