A Once in Lifetime Adventure in Walt's Wonderful World-lots of pics-COMPLETE

Low & behold the next morning we wake up very early like 4:50am since our bodies are still on eastern standard time. We watched the sun come up out the window & realize that low & behold the move has given us a room with a view of the Hollywood sign. Yippee :cool1: The other room had a view of the H & H center.

Hi Melanie! We had that same view from our room. :) And I was up every couple of hours the first night, with the same time zone thing, but I forced myself to go back to sleep each time I woke up. :headache:

I wandered around & went up to the pool area which is way cool & has an awesome view.

There was an area leading out of the pool into the Hollywood & Highland Center so I just kept following it.
100_4534.jpg

A security guard came & told me I wasn't supposed to be over there. I said sorry, but there wasn't any signs or ropes or anything so how was a girl supposed to know :confused3 . I was only taking pictures, he said no problem but head on back to the hotel now, so I did. Eric got a kick out of me getting in trouble!

I found that pool area entry into H&H, took the same photo from that vantage point. But it was the afternoon of the main arrival day and no security guards chased us off. ;)

Great report so far!

great start, i hope you went into that disney store in that picture...

i always get in trouble on our trips as well, mostly by the wife for going into places i am not suppose to...this trip i got in trouble for going in the back entrance to the lua at the polynesian, the gate was open so i went up to the stage...
:goodvibes

I will work on the notes tomorrow. I have to rewrite them before I forget everything! I keep looking at my pictures wishing the trip wasn't over!
Thanks Andrea that would be great. I wish it wasn't over too, but we have great memories to treasure forever.

Wholley molley! I didn't get the "moved thread" memo till just now! Doggone it. :rotfl2:

I figured you were resting on your Disney VIP laurels and not posting anything yet! I should have known better!

I can't read right now, gotta go to bed but I'll catch up SOON

popcorn::

smileybluebanana.gif
Melissa, hope you enjoy when you come back to read........glad you found me.

Oohh! I'm on board and looking forward to lots more!! popcorn::
:welcome: I have lots & lots more to come.

Hi Melanie! We had that same view from our room. :) And I was up every couple of hours the first night, with the same time zone thing, but I forced myself to go back to sleep each time I woke up. :headache:

I found that pool area entry into H&H, took the same photo from that vantage point. But it was the afternoon of the main arrival day and no security guards chased us off. ;)

Great report so far!
Hey Lori :wave: That was an awesome view to have!!!!!!! I am glad you didn't get in trouble too. Maybe it was because it was so early morning that I did who knows. :confused3

great start, i hope you went into that disney store in that picture...

i always get in trouble on our trips as well, mostly by the wife for going into places i am not suppose to...this trip i got in trouble for going in the back entrance to the lua at the polynesian, the gate was open so i went up to the stage...
:goodvibes
Yes we did go into the Disney Soda Shop & fountain Dan. More on that later.
I am glad to know I am not the only one who gets in trouble on vacation. You just have that mischevious look about you so I imagine you get in lots of trouble.:rotfl:

Hey Beth..............
Did it really snow in Vegas????????

Ok, so I was going to do my update this morning & our power went out. It has been crazy windy here today...........

Update coming right up.

So we left off with us picking up our rental car & heading off to explore.
We got the Never Lost system on the car (don't you love that name) & I plugged in the addresses as Eric drove. It was kind of cool having a computer tell you how to go. I had printed off directions on MapQuest (which I was glad to have the addresses) but sometimes the Never Lost took us a different way & I would say.....uh that's not what the directions say....we laughed :rotfl: & decided we would just trust the Never Lost & it didn't ever take us wrong.

Our first stop was the Griffith Park Observatory.
The drive up there was magnificent.
100_4548.jpg

It is a steep drive up into the hills. It was easy to see why they have fires in California though as every thing was so dry. Once we got there we parked & walked over to the Observatory.
We could see the Hollywood sign quite well here too.
100_4551.jpg

We wandered around & explored the views. It was too early to get inside or see the Planetarium show.....so we will have to go back & do that some time. It really is a beautiful building & considering it was built in the 1920's it is very well preserved.
100_4572.jpg

My attempt at an artsy shot on the back of the observatory.
100_4558.jpg

Another beautiful view
100_4564.jpg

They have a tribute to James Dean since he filmed Rebel Without a Cause here. There is a plaque stating that Rebel Without a Cause was the first to use the observatory as itself in film.
100_4567.jpg

Griffith Park Observatory also has a Disney connection as it is featured in the Rocketeer as well.

Next we drove further into Griffith Park to find the GP Merry Go Round where Walt used to take Sharon & Diane on his Daddy's day with them. This merry go round was part of Walt's inspiration for building Disneyland because all he could do was sit on a bench & watch the girls & he thought the parents should be able to go have fun with their kids. The Merry Go Round is only open on weekends now, so all you can see is the building here but it was still cool to know Walt had been there sitting on one of those very benches.
100_4576.jpg

Our next stop was still in Griffith Park at the LA Steamers train museum. We went here just in case the ABD tour didn't get to go because it is open only by volunteers & usually only on the 3rd Sunday of the month. I just wanted a peak at the barn just in case we didn't make it there.
100_4577.jpg

Walt's Barn
100_4586.jpg

The next destination on my list was Forest Lawn Cemetary. It might seem odd to go visit a cemetary while on vacation, but this is where Walt Disney's ashes are interred. I really wanted to go & pay my respects to the man who has meant so much to me over the years & who has given us so much. It is a very large memorial garden-over 300 acres.
100_4590.jpg

Walt & family have their own little garden outside the Court of Freedom.
It is back in the very left corner behind the small gate.
100_4599.jpg

You can open the gate & go in which we did very respectfully. The garden is very quiet & peaceful.
100_4592.jpg

There is a small bench there & we sat there for a few minutes. We had a silent moment of reflection together before saying a big thank you to the man upstairs for making Walt Disney & a "Thank you Walt for all you did" before leaving. It was a very touching moment for us both.

We had a lunch reservation at the Tam O'Shanter Inn which was recommended to us by Lurkyloo aka Carrie :wave:. It was a restaurant frequented by Walt & his 9 old men. Walt also brought Lillian to dinner here quite a bit.
100_4604.jpg

Me in front of the Tam O'Shanter Inn
100_4603.jpg

It has a very Scottish/English feel & is very warm & cozy.
100_4607.jpg

My lunch was a delicious chicken pot pie.
100_4608.jpg

Dessert was sticky toffee pudding & a complimentary English triffle since it was our first visit.
100_4609.jpg

This was the room Walt usually was seated in & his table was in the left hand corner beside the fireplace. There was a big party set up in that area, but I took a picture of the area anyway.
100_4612.jpg

This was in the lobby & had been given to the owner by the Disney animators that used to come here to eat.
100_4611.jpg

It was a wonderful lunch & we would go back again in a heartbeat for the great food & for the wonderful connection it has to Walt Disney.
100_4613.jpg

Up next.......
Hollywood Stars & our Adventures by Disney trip starts.

wow i dont have time to read all of that now, but it looks cool, i will read it on monday,

yep i get in alot of trouble, all good trouble of course, and nothing that would hurt anyone, just maybe going into behind scenes places im not really allowed to but go into.
:confused3 :goodvibes

yep it did snow in vegas, we had people in my company that had to switch there flights out there because of the snow, they could not land or take off the other day.

What a beautiful update. I got all teary eyed when you were talking about Walt (carousel, barn, cemetery). It was all so magical to see and read about your experience. I'm happy that you and your hubby took some time to explore these places. :goodvibes

The observatory pictures made me nauseous! :rotfl:

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

travelmel, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal your Tinkerbell pic. I love it!! :cloud9:
It's cute, but I just had to say.....Tink looks like she has implants in that pic!! :rotfl:

Hey Beth..............
Did it really snow in Vegas????????
Sure did! Check out these pics I took near our house: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=29192260&postcount=106
Schools were closed, and all flights out of McCarran were canceled. It was a mess. Of course it was all gone the next day.

Our first stop was the Griffith Park Observatory.

Next we drove further into Griffith Park to find the GP Merry Go Round where Walt used to take Sharon & Diane on his Daddy's day with them.

We had a lunch reservation at the Tam O'Shanter Inn which was recommended to us by Lurkyloo aka Carrie :wave:.

Up next.......
Hollywood Stars & our Adventures by Disney trip starts.
OMG, I am loving your report! It's so fun seeing all my old haunts. :goodvibes
Ruben and I had our first date at the observatory. I was 16. We'd go there every year on our anniversary.

And that Merry Go Round was the one my stepdad would take my brother and I to on Sundays, then we'd go to McDonalds.

I've driven by the Tam O'Shanter many times but I had no clue of it's connection to Walt and I've never eaten there. I'm glad you were able to and that is was good.

Can't wait for more!! :yay:

I'm subbing late! I don't usually read much on the TR board, but the ABD trip you went on is one of my dreams. I read some of your pre-trippie and eagerly anticipated hearing all about your adventure! Lovin the pictures so far and living my dream vicariously through you.

Thanks for sharing in such great detail. Sounds like an awesome time so far! :goodvibes

I'm subbing late! I don't usually read much on the TR board, but the ABD trip you went on is one of my dreams. I read some of your pre-trippie and eagerly anticipated hearing all about your adventure! Lovin the pictures so far and living my dream vicariously through you.

Thanks for sharing in such great detail. Sounds like an awesome time so far! :goodvibes
:welcome: Dangermouse. It was a dream trip. Glad you decided to read along.

It's cute, but I just had to say.....Tink looks like she has implants in that pic!! :rotfl:

Sure did! Check out these pics I took near our house: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=29192260&postcount=106
Schools were closed, and all flights out of McCarran were canceled. It was a mess. Of course it was all gone the next day.

OMG, I am loving your report! It's so fun seeing all my old haunts. :goodvibes
Ruben and I had our first date at the observatory. I was 16. We'd go there every year on our anniversary.

And that Merry Go Round was the one my stepdad would take my brother and I to on Sundays, then we'd go to McDonalds.

I've driven by the Tam O'Shanter many times but I had no clue of it's connection to Walt and I've never eaten there. I'm glad you were able to and that is was good.

Can't wait for more!! :yay:
Beth, what a wonderful place for a first date. So romantic, but Wendy wouldn't like it because it is so high up......:lmao: It really is up there & I have to admit when we were around the back of the observatory & I looked over my stomach did the swirly thing. I love that you used to hang out at the Merry Go Round. I remember reading about a restaurant near the studios that Walt liked, but I figured it was long gone. Thanks to Lurkyloo---she suggested it to me since we were doing a whole Walt morning. You should go when you go back.

What a beautiful update. I got all teary eyed when you were talking about Walt (carousel, barn, cemetery). It was all so magical to see and read about your experience. I'm happy that you and your hubby took some time to explore these places. :goodvibes

The observatory pictures made me nauseous! :rotfl:

Can't wait for more! popcorn::
Thanks Wendy. I was getting a little misty when I was writing it, because it took me right back there. I am really glad that this was the way we decided to spend our morning. It really was the perfect way to start off this trip that was mostly devoted to Walt's dreams & his world.
See above about the observatory. I could see how someone with a problem with height would be really upset there.

wow i dont have time to read all of that now, but it looks cool, i will read it on monday,

yep i get in alot of trouble, all good trouble of course, and nothing that would hurt anyone, just maybe going into behind scenes places im not really allowed to but go into.
:confused3 :goodvibes

yep it did snow in vegas, we had people in my company that had to switch there flights out there because of the snow, they could not land or take off the other day.
The only time it's a problem going places you aren't supposed to is when you get caught, right?

How crazy is that snow in Vegas. Loved your pictures of it Beth. You have a gorgeous view.

SPOILER ALERT-----If you are planning on taking this trip in the future & don't want to know about all the surprises be advised that I intend to tell the whole story!!!!!

What a great start to your trip report! :thumbsup2 Dh and I did this trip in June. I can't wait to hear your impressions of this adventure!

When last we left our travelers, we had just had a very yummy lunch at the Tam O'Shanter Inn & had experienced a wonderful morning exploring together. We had directions thanks to mapiglet fan to drive up closer to the Hollywood sign but by now it was getting to be around 1pm & we had such a great view of it from our room & from Griffith park that we decided we wanted to explore a bit more of Hollywood around the hotel before our meeting time of 4pm with the group. So after a quick stop at a convenience store to get some water & soft drinks for in the room, we decided to head on back & return the rental car. We went back to the room for a brief time & found these treats waiting for us.
100_4614.jpg

This was our special book with all our meeting times & our itinerary.
100_4619.jpg

After admiring our loot, we headed out again stopping by the lobby to check in with our adventure guides Diana & Kristin. They told us to meet up with them in the Canyon room at 4pm.

Off we went to explore Hollywood boulevard.
I am a huge Julie Andrews/Mary Poppins fan so I was excited to find her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame & then her hand prints at Grauman's.
100_4623.jpg

100_4631.jpg

Eric with Jimmy Stewarts hand prints......he loves him. In fact we are seeing "It's A Wonderful Life" at the Tennessee Theatre tonight.
100_4629.jpg

Another attempt at an artsy shot at the Chinese theatre.
100_4633.jpg

This one was especially poignant as we just lost Paul Newman not that long ago & I love that his & Joanne Woodwards are together.
100_4635.jpg

How's this for love & devotion........getting down on the sidewalk in Hollywood to have your photo taken with your favorite star.
100_4648.jpg

Did you know that no one has been nominated more times for an Academy Award than Walt Disney? He got 59 nominations & earned 26 awards. I think that more than deserves a star. In fact, he has 2 one for film & one for TV.
Another cute saying on the Road to Hollywood sidewalk in the Hollywood & Highland Center.
100_4650.jpg

At the end of the Road to Hollywood or how some of us got here sidewalk is a big couch with the Hollywood sign in the background. Is it a casting couch????????????? What a great sense of humor Hollywood has.
100_4655.jpg

These elephants are at the H & H center as well & we would see them again later. When they decided to build the H & H Center they wanted to recreate a movie set so this set with the big arch & the elephants was built in Hollywood in 1916 for the film Intolerance.
100_4651.jpg

So it was getting close to time to meet up with our fellow adventurer's for the first time. We headed back to the room to freshen up & change clothes. We followed the signs to the Canyon room. They had cheese, crackers, veggies & sodas for us. We sat at a table with Andrea & Brian from Michigan. I had gotten to know Andrea on the thread for our trip & it was great to meet her & her husband in person. They gave us a little ice breaker game to do, but we were too busy talking & when Diana said you have a few minutes to finish your answers to the top portion we were like :scared1: we better get to work. The top portion asked questions about you like what you were most excited to see etc. & the bottom portion was designed to make us get up & move about the room to get to know each other. We were supposed to find someone who had met a celebrity, could name all 7 dwarfs, had never been to Disneyland, had been to a studio lot & had visited all eleven Disney theme parks. We got all of them but the last one, although we did have a group member who has been to 8 of the 11. After this Diana & Kristin told us a bit about their background with the company & then they went around & asked us all to introduce ourself, where we were from & what we were most excited about seeing. We were a group of 24 adults as this was an adults only version of this trip. We had 2 mother/daughter groups, 1 mother/son group & 2 friends that were together & the rest of us were couples. We ranged from as far away as Maryland, Minnesota, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, Georgia, to 2 couples from California.

After our getting to know you session, we were headed to dinner at the Trastaverte Italian Restaurant in the H & H Center. We walked across from the hotel after having our photos taken with a clapboard & this was the first appearance of the infamous Adventures by Disney paddle that we would follow for the rest of our trip.
We stopped & had a nice photo made.
100_4656.jpg

We had our own private dining room in the back for the restaurant.
They served us red or white wine, 2 kinds of salad, antipasta & flatbread.
We were able to choose our entree of salmon, penne pasta with tomato basil sauce, veal scaloppini or chicken marsala. Eric & I both had the salmon & it was very tasty. I think I was too excited so I didn't take any pictures of our food until dessert. After we had enjoyed our appetizers & salad & they worked on our dinner, we had a little Disney trivia gameshow.
100_4662.jpg

It was hilarious & by no means a high pressure game. The host was Matt & he was great & really funny & enjoyed having an adult audience. Our fellow adventurers that were picked seemed to really enjoy the show & I will always remember Mark & his great answers of "yes" & Karen for her frequent use of "phone a friend" for everything. It was alot of fun & before we knew it dinner was there. Diana sat on our end of the table & we had fun chatting with her & getting to know her.
Dessert was tiramisu & we were given our first pin-which became an exciting event every day. Every day there is a theme of the day & a word of the day. Today's theme was It All Started with a Mouse so our first pin was Mickey of course & the word of the day was Mickey Mouse.
100_4663.jpg

After that we were told to meet in front of Twist the hotel restaurant the next morning at 7:50am & were set free for the evening.
We decided to explore a bit more & wanted to go get ice cream at the Soda Fountain since neither one of us really like tiramisu.
So we headed out across the street to the Disney Soda Fountain.
100_4672.jpg

They have cool pictures of famous people that have stopped in & this was one of my favorites.
100_4675.jpg

We both had an ice cream. I had the make your own sundae with one scoop of peppermint ice cream & hot fudge. The ice cream here is made by a California family & you can tell it's homemade premium ice cream. There were little pieces of peppermint in it. So yummy.
100_4677.jpg

Eric had a double scoop sundae with chocolate & cookies & cream with hot fudge.
In prepartion for tomorrow when we would visit Jim Henson studios here a couple of pictures taken this night.
Inside the soda fountain....the Muppets.
100_4676.jpg

And look who's star we found.
100_4668.jpg

Once outside we noticed how cute the Christmas windows were.
100_4680.jpg

100_4681.jpg

We would be touring the El Capitan in the morning so is a fitting shot to end this day.
100_4670.jpg

Exhausted from our long day, we headed back to the hotel & relaxed in the room. I did some journaling & did a live posting to my pre-trip report.
It had been a great day & we had a lot to look forward to tomorrow.

Up next---an organ, a famous person & a frog oh my

What a great start to your trip report! :thumbsup2 Dh and I did this trip in June. I can't wait to hear your impressions of this adventure!

:welcome: Aunt Cawa.......glad to have a past Backstage Magicer along. It was such a wonderful trip.:goodvibes

Still working on those notes for you! I think it is funny that I took pics of Jimmy Stewarts hand prints as well. He is my all time favorite!

WOnderful start Melanie! :)
Nice view..no wonder you didn't have to drive to the sign!!!! This is going to be wonderful to read!
I am so bummed that we didn't get to Griffith Observatory..it looks like a lot to see..and Greg would have loved the steam train area...that just means we HAVE to go back sometime, oh darn ;)

Looking forward to the next day! :goodvibes

Wow, y'all did a lot in one day. It all sounds like so much fun. I love how organized it all is. I would love to do an ABD one day. The Alaska one really appeals to me. But with a family of six........um yeah, I'd need to win the lotto first! :rotfl:

I was curious, what part of TN are you from? I have relatives in Morristown and they fly out of Knoxville too when they travel.

travelmel, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal your Tinkerbell pic. I love it!! :cloud9:

That's funny! When I saw your siggie I said to myself, "Hm.. somebody else has the pretty tink.. I think I'll change mine."

:rotfl2:

No worries!

My attempt at an artsy shot on the back of the observatory.
100_4558.jpg

I love your artsy shot. I absolutely love your first moments of your vacation. You can tell by my silly Twilight TR that I just love the hunt for things like this. Not that your TR is silly, by any means, but I'm just saying that I respect and can relate to the quest for places of interest. I'm loving it.

:cloud9:

P.S. My cousins and I used to drive up to the observatory for the laser light shows.. I'm not sure how we managed to survive *coughbadkidscough* the road down.

I want to eat at that place! Too cute. Thanks to Lookyloo for pointing it out to you and to you for pointing it out to me!

100_4631.jpg

Eric with Jimmy Stewarts hand prints......he loves him. In fact we are seeing "It's A Wonderful Life" at the Tennessee Theatre tonight.
100_4629.jpg

100_4670.jpg

I love the pics of you guys with the footprints. That would make a really cute framed pic for a wall or desk or something. :3dglasses

Hey what did you mean about the elephants and film intolerance? I've never heard of that... can you explain it to me?

It looked like the weather held out well for you. I love SO Cal at Christmas time - (Now that I don't live there anymore, that is! When you grow up there all that sunshine and blue sky can really get on your nerves when your dreaming of that White Christmas bit!) -

The Soda fountain looks so cute! I can't wait to see the El Capitain stuff. I've never been to either of these places. Great pics, what a wonderful first day. :wizard:

P.S. I like the movie It's a Wonderful Life but I took my DD's to see it a couple years ago at this really cool theater by our house and they said, "That was ok... but.... mom..... didn't you think it was a little depressing?" :rotfl: I gotta admit... I do.

Next we drove further into Griffith Park to find the GP Merry Go Round where Walt used to take Sharon & Diane on his Daddy's day with them. This merry go round was part of Walt's inspiration for building Disneyland because all he could do was sit on a bench & watch the girls & he thought the parents should be able to go have fun with their kids. The Merry Go Round is only open on weekends now, so all you can see is the building here but it was still cool to know Walt had been there sitting on one of those very benches.
100_4576.jpg

Just so you know, the original tour was going to take you to see the carousel, but they didn't open it so you were pretty much stuck looking at a boarded-up building. Not fun.

Why does the person at the red podium remind me of someone who was on my trip?

Also, Matt is amazing and hilarious and amazing.

Still working on those notes for you! I think it is funny that I took pics of Jimmy Stewarts hand prints as well. He is my all time favorite!
Eric loves him Andrea. Watching It's a Wonderful Life last night in the restored Tennessee Theater (built in 1928 just like Mickey Mouse) was AWESOME!!!!!!!! Like movies were intended to be seen. We have a Might Wurtlizer too so it was funny because Eric & I were comparing the Tennessee to the El Cap all night.
Click here if you want to compare it too.......since you've been to the El Cap. We think it's bigger than the El Cap but their organ is bigger.
http://www.tennesseetheatre.com/about-us/take-a-virtual-tour/
It was cool to know we have one of the few organs still out there close by. They are showing Sound of Music after Christmas & we are so there.

WOnderful start Melanie! :)
Nice view..no wonder you didn't have to drive to the sign!!!! This is going to be wonderful to read!
I am so bummed that we didn't get to Griffith Observatory..it looks like a lot to see..and Greg would have loved the steam train area...that just means we HAVE to go back sometime, oh darn ;)

Looking forward to the next day! :goodvibes
I know, I have a list already of things I have to go back to see. If you can plan to go where you will be there on the 3rd Sunday of the month, that is when the LA Steamers open the barn & run the trains for the public. They were nice enough to do this for ABD specially.

Sounds like a wonderful trip so far, love your pics :)
Thanks & :welcome: Lots more to come.

Wow, y'all did a lot in one day. It all sounds like so much fun. I love how organized it all is. I would love to do an ABD one day. The Alaska one really appeals to me. But with a family of six........um yeah, I'd need to win the lotto first! :rotfl:

I was curious, what part of TN are you from? I have relatives in Morristown and they fly out of Knoxville too when they travel.
Yes beth we did do alot. It was a busy day but fun. We were busy this whole trip, maybe that is why I was so tired when we got home & now have a cold. ABD is great. I cannot recommend it highly enough. You could gamble a bit there in Vegas & maybe you will win big enough to splurge on a trip. We live close to Morristown Beth. Small world isn't it?

I love your artsy shot. I absolutely love your first moments of your vacation. You can tell by my silly Twilight TR that I just love the hunt for things like this. Not that your TR is silly, by any means, but I'm just saying that I respect and can relate to the quest for places of interest. I'm loving it.

:cloud9:

P.S. My cousins and I used to drive up to the observatory for the laser light shows.. I'm not sure how we managed to survive *coughbadkidscough* the road down.

I want to eat at that place! Too cute. Thanks to Lookyloo for pointing it out to you and to you for pointing it out to me!
Glad you are enjoying my side trips. It really was a great day & I wanted to pack as much in before the ABD trip started as I could. I was pleased we were able to fit it all in, but I am already starting on a list of what we need to see next time. The Tam O'Shanter is a lovely place to eat & you can make a reservation on line.

I love the pics of you guys with the footprints. That would make a really cute framed pic for a wall or desk or something. :3dglasses

Hey what did you mean about the elephants and film intolerance? I've never heard of that... can you explain it to me?

It looked like the weather held out well for you. I love SO Cal at Christmas time - (Now that I don't live there anymore, that is! When you grow up there all that sunshine and blue sky can really get on your nerves when your dreaming of that White Christmas bit!) -

The Soda fountain looks so cute! I can't wait to see the El Capitain stuff. I've never been to either of these places. Great pics, what a wonderful first day. :wizard:

P.S. I like the movie It's a Wonderful Life but I took my DD's to see it a couple years ago at this really cool theater by our house and they said, "That was ok... but.... mom..... didn't you think it was a little depressing?" :rotfl: I gotta admit... I do.
Let's see. At the Hollywood & Highland Center, they recreated a set from the film Intolerance which I believe was a silent film. There is a big arch that is Egyptian looking seen here from across the street
100_4690.jpg

& then 2 huge elephants on pedestals.
100_4651.jpg

These are copies of the sets they made way back then..........a nod to old Hollywood when they built the center.
The weather was good while we were in the Hollywood area, but it was a bit cold in the evenings at Disneyland & it rained on us our last day. All in all, though we were prepared with jackets/ponchos etc so we were fine.
You should go see a movie & then get ice cream at the soda fountain next time you go. We were going to go see Bolt while there, but decided to do other stuff. Wish we had had more time to do all we wanted to do.

Just so you know, the original tour was going to take you to see the carousel, but they didn't open it so you were pretty much stuck looking at a boarded-up building. Not fun.
Why does the person at the red podium remind me of someone who was on my trip?
Also, Matt is amazing and hilarious and amazing.
Hey Max & :welcome:
That would be awesome if they could get them to open it up, but I agree not so fun just staring at it all boarded up. That would be a nice addition.
I don't know why that reminds you of someone on your trip. I think this was her first ABD trip.
Matt was great & really funny. It was a great way to start out the trip.

More to come. I am uploading photos from Day 3 right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter