A newbie, a nana, two princess, and......the Planner! (Updated 1/4--DTD & head home)

Hi everyone.....as promised, I'm back with some pictures from DD #2's first birthday. We aren't having her actual party until the 30th, but we still wanted to have cake on her real birthday. We ended up with a cupcake cake, and it was really cute.
100_1383.jpg

It did, however, teach me that frosting should always be white on first birthday cakes. She was basically stained green by the time she was done :).
Before......
100_1395.jpg

After......
100_1401.jpg

Just came across your report - you have a beautiful family! :goodvibes I look forward to hearing more about your planning and your trip!

Just came across your report - you have a beautiful family! :goodvibes I look forward to hearing more about your planning and your trip!

Thank you! I just got the countdown calendar hung up in the DDs' room. We don't get to take any off until 9/3. I'm hoping to start doing t-shirts and printing other stuff soon.

Thank you! I just got the countdown calendar hung up in the DDs' room. We don't get to take any off until 9/3. I'm hoping to start doing t-shirts and printing other stuff soon.

I had every intention of doing a countdown calendar, but here we are at 16 days left and still no calendar. :confused3 Can't wait to see a pic of it hanging on the wall. Oh, and to see your t-shirt designs too! I'm hooked. :surfweb:

Just wanted to let you all know that although it's not Disney, my family and I are taking a trip to Kansas City and going to the Renaissance Festival this weekend, so I will be posting some pictures from that.

I hope I haven't lost anyone since I don't really have anything exciting to post right now :sad1: .

Ok everyone, here is my tentative itinerary. Let me know what you think. I'm open to any suggestions.

Our Itinerary
October 20 (Monday)
*Chef Mickey’s---5:00 pm

October 21 (Tuesday)
*Magic Kingdom*
*CRT---8:00 am
*Cystal Palace---6:00 pm

October 22 (Wednesday)
*Animal Kingdom*
*Tusker House---8:00 am
*Yak & Yeti---4:30 pm

October 23 (Thursday)
*Magic Kingdom*
*Ohana---Breakfast 8:30 am
*BBB---4:30 pm Anna, 5:15 pm Tristin
*Tony’s---6:00 pm
*MNSSHP---7:00 pm-midnight

October 24 (Friday)
*Epcot*
*9:00 am---Askershus
*6:00 pm---Coral Reef

October 25 (Saturday)
*Morning at Epcot or park hopping
*1900 Park Fare---4:30 pm
*California Grill---9:00 pm (Adam & Tristin)

October 26 (Sunday)
*Hollywood Studios*
*Hollywood & Vine---8:00 am
*Sci-Fi Dine In---1:00 pm
*Brown Derby---7:00 pm
*Fantasmic---8:30 pm

October 27, (Monday)
*Departure Day (flight at 1:15)
*Cape May Cafe---8:30 or 9:00 am

This leaves us to use the 7th days of our passes either in the evening on the 20th or the morning of the 27th. Satuday would be a Downtown Disney/misc. park day. They tickets are park hoppers, so that could be done on some days too. Do you think we will be okay doing the Cape May breakfast on our departure day?

That looks great...makes me want to go again and I just got back ;) I would certainly do more character breakfasts than dinners since DD (and I) are better in the am. And that gets us up and out in the parks early. That was the best morning when we were in MK before opening.

Ok, for some reason I was getting notifications when people posted here. I thought everyone had just quit reading :confused3 . Since I see there are still a few of you that haven't given up on me, I'll post a few more pictures.

Here is the first set up shirts. It's the only set that's finished so far, but I do have another set of transfers ready to go.
003.jpg

Here is a pic of DH in his costume. Don't tell him that I showed you :rotfl: . He was trying to do the Peter Pan pose, but he just kept cracking up. I think now that the costume is here, he's kind of regretting agreeing to dress up.
002.jpg

Here is a pic of our countdown calendar, but it's not up to date. We're almost at the end of the third row now :banana: :banana: :banana: !
008.jpg

Not much else to report right now. We did get our official travel documents in the mail, so that was pretty exciting.

:yay: We're still here! :yay: Love the crafty shirts you made! Oh, and don't worry about that pic of DH, it'll be our little secret. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: Too cute! Can't wait to see more - you're in the "home stretch" now! :cool1:

Today DD #1 got a postcard from Minnie Mouse. She was so excited!

postcard001.jpg

postcard002.jpg

Also, my mom found a really cute Snow White costume for DD #2 at Walmart. Granted it's not nearly as nice as the Disney costumes, but it looks really cute on her. DD #1 had a Snow White costume from a few years ago that still fit her and I was trying to get a picture of the two of them together, but DD #2 was having NONE of it!!!! So, here's pictures of them by themselves.

DD #2
SoccerMisc103.jpg

DD #1
SoccerMisc013.jpg

OMG those babies of yours are beautiful! I love the Snow White costumes. :lovestruc I was wondering...can you send me that penny link that tells ya where to find everything? Thanks. I like your place cards and all too.

OMG the post card! I LOVE it! What a sweet Diser to send her that! :goodvibes

OMG those babies of yours are beautiful! I love the Snow White costumes. :lovestruc I was wondering...can you send me that penny link that tells ya where to find everything? Thanks. I like your place cards and all too.

OMG the post card! I LOVE it! What a sweet Diser to send her that! :goodvibes

I'd be happy to send you the penny link...........let me find it and I'll post it on your report :) .

Ok everyone........exactly ONE week until we leave for Disney! However, wouldn't you know it, both DDs have come down with colds :(. We're doing the Airborne and hoping that everyone is better by next week, but it won't stop us!

I still have tons of stuff to get done. I'm working on several of our t-shirts yet, and I have started packing, but there is still a lot to do. Since I'm not exactly sure of what the weather will be like, I'm packing jeans as well as capris/shorts for pretty much everyone, but I think we'll probably be wearing mostly jeans.

I'm hoping to get all of the t-shirts done within the next day or two, so I should be posting pictures of those soon.

1 week!!!!!! :yay: so exciting! good luck on your to-do list. i would pack clothes for layering. it will probably be hot during the day but then at night it can get kinda cool. i've never been there in october but i hear it's comparable to late april/early may and ray and i had on jackets at night this past april/may. just wait 'til you see the fall decorations - so pretty!!!

I just followed the link to your TR and thought I would say hello!

I hope that you guys have a great trip and can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Hope everyone in the family gets better before you leave. It seems like a lot of people have gotten a cold right before leaving this year. Keep taking the vitamins and airborne :)

1 week!!!!!! :yay: so exciting! good luck on your to-do list. i would pack clothes for layering. it will probably be hot during the day but then at night it can get kinda cool. i've never been there in october but i hear it's comparable to late april/early may and ray and i had on jackets at night this past april/may. just wait 'til you see the fall decorations - so pretty!!!

We're really excited. DD keeps saying, "When can I take another Mickey head off the countdown? They're almost all gone!"

Yep, that's what I'm planning. Everyone has a zip up sweatshirt, so if it's cool we can easily add a layer, but it will also be easy to take off.

I just followed the link to your TR and thought I would say hello!

I hope that you guys have a great trip and can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

Hope everyone in the family gets better before you leave. It seems like a lot of people have gotten a cold right before leaving this year. Keep taking the vitamins and airborne :)

Hi :welcome: ! The pre-trip report has been a little slow because I'm never quite sure what to post, but the trip report will be better, I promise. I'm pretty much a picture freak, so there should be lots!!!!

I hope everyone is better too.....DD #1 seems to already be on the mend, except for the runny nose. We're all doing the airborne (except DD #2), so hopefully that will help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter