A newbie, a nana, two princess, and......the Planner! (Updated 1/4--DTD & head home)

I clicked on your report after you had a reply to my request for the MNSSHP autograph book design. After reading what you wrote, it looks like we are almost in the same boat. I will be 28 in August. We are headed to WDW in Oct & doing the land/sea package. Traveling will be me (the planner), my dh (who is not too enthused a/b the trip - he's afraid that I'm going to run them to death), dd #1 - will be 5 in Nov & dd#2 - who is 13 mos (17 mos at time of trip). We are also going with my cousin & her dh & ds, 3 yo.

We are doing the MNSSHP & my dd#1 will be sleeping beauty & dd#2 is cinderella (#1s old costume). DD#1 is doing the BBB, then dinner w/Cinderella at the royal table, then the MNSSHP. Everyone in my trip thinks I am obsessed with this trip (which I am), but I would like things done right. I called to make ADR exactly 180 days from our trip.

I went to Disney when I was around 12, a field trip at age 17, and we took DD#1 there one day when she was 2 while my husband was there on business. This will be my first time staying on a disney property - POR. Also, this will be all of ours first Disney Cruise. All the adults have been on carnival & RC before. I can't wait to see the kids faces when we see the boat for the first time.

Hope I didn't ramble on too much!

Andrea

It does sounds like we have an awful lot in common :) . Dh is kind of getting into things since he's seen all of the work I'm putting into it. I can't wait to share all of the magic with my girls too. DD #1 is a princess obsessed girl, and she's been most of them over previous halloweens. \

What are the dates that you guys are going?

We will be there Oct 5 - Oct 12. I figure this is the last year DD#1 will be a princess. I think by next year she will be grown out of that stage, which is so sad. Time goes by way too fast.

I agree totally..........DD has a Hannah Montana obsession that may overwhelm her princess one any day now, and I'm just not ready for it. I love all the girly stuff and the princesses, so, I have to admit, I feel blessed to have two little girls.....they let me live out my girly, girl needs without feeling silly. I was actually going to do the BBB with her, but I cut my hair short, and I don't think I'll be spending the money on it now.

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that the planning is continuing. Right now, I'm working on checklist cards for each of the parks included rides that our family has dubbed as "not to be missed". I'm trying to customize it by having the other adults in the trip help.

Here is our Magic Kingdom checklist (pg 1):
MKpg1.jpg

I'm also making cards for each of the restaurants we're eating at so that I can do a better trip/dining report. Here is the one I made for Yak and Yeti.
YakandYeti.jpg

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that the planning is continuing. Right now, I'm working on checklist cards for each of the parks included rides that our family has dubbed as "not to be missed". I'm trying to customize it by having the other adults in the trip help.

Here is our Magic Kingdom checklist (pg 1):
MKpg1.jpg

I'm also making cards for each of the restaurants we're eating at so that I can do a better trip/dining report. Here is the one I made for Yak and Yeti.
YakandYeti.jpg

Hey! This is fantastic! ::yes:: AWESOME idea! How did you make them?:thumbsup2

I made them in Photoshop. I'm still learning how to do it, so they're not too intricate. I just put the graphic in the back and then made it lighter and put the text on top.

I made them in Photoshop. I'm still learning how to do it, so they're not too intricate. I just put the graphic in the back and then made it lighter and put the text on top.

We have PS Elements at school...I'll try it out. I used to be so good at this stuff, but I have been out of practice!:thumbsup2

Beana~If there are some restaurants that you want that I already have done, I'd be happy to post them here so that you could copy them if you like. Just let me know where you're going/which ones you'd like if you're interested :)

Beana~If there are some restaurants that you want that I already have done, I'd be happy to post them here so that you could copy them if you like. Just let me know where you're going/which ones you'd like if you're interested :)

That's awesome!

We're going to Crystal Palace, Kona, Chefs de France, and either Raglan Road or Cap'n Jacks.

:):thumbsup2

The only one of those that we're doing is Crystal Palace. I will post one here without the date, but if you want the date, let me know, and I'll add it.

really enjoying your pre-trip repot! :thumbsup2 we were at 'the real disney world' as my grandson Blaze called it in april and had a wonderful time...:cool1: your adr's and plans all look great. :) we ate at crt for lunch and dgd Elli wore her cinderella dress { childrens consignment sale for $15 dress with wand and tiara! go nanna!} and dgs Blaze wore a hand painted shirt w/baloo on it { couldn't get him in a pirate outfit for nothing} anywas we really enjoyed it. i had been afraid it would be too 'frufru' but was really fancy but not stuffy ,if you know what i mean. the food was bretter than i thought also,not really adventurous when it coem to food but i really enjoyed the pork tenderloin with couscous { had tried couscous before but it as more like a flat tasting grits dish,at crt it is more like lil pearls and mixed with peppers adn such which i picked out...hehe} dd & i had the sorbet and it was yummy..the kids really enjoyed the crown sundea and the menfolk had the chocolate dessert. the salad they bring out has soem yummy chicken { i took off most of the green sauce sicne it was spicy] and it ws relly good also...all in all a great meal and wonderful seeing the princess's and dgs got a kiss from snow white whom he now calls kissy girl even though his 'girlfriend' is aurora a.k.a. rory to blaze.{ i will be addng crt pix soon in my trip report} we also ate at the coral reef { already in report} and it ws the best food the whole trip...{ i loved all the food though} it is a wonderfu place to eat and watchingt he divers was great,i had emailed ahead and gotten a diver sign for the kids and th epersonalized menus also...they were so surprised,they still can't figure out how mickey & minnie knew they were there! i told them the internet!:surfweb: hehe...i had the blackened catfish with pepperjack grits...so yummy i now crave it...and the molten chocolate htingy for dessert...we were on the ddp and this place really was a deal...just the ny strip plates the men got almost paid for the ddp for the day! the kids really enjoyed their fish plates and the build your own sundaes...this will be a 'gotta go back' place for us next trip.
:bitelip: sorry to go on and on ...l:goodvibes ooking forward to seeing more of your pre trip report

:thumbsup2

hey, there! i'm heading over to check out your pre-TR. so excited for you that you're going after a 10-year absence. last year was my first time in 15 years and it was just awesome!!! :goodvibes

hey, there! i'm heading over to check out your pre-TR. so excited for you that you're going after a 10-year absence. last year was my first time in 15 years and it was just awesome!!! :goodvibes

Hi.....glad to see you here. I admit, I don't update here as much as I could, but I'm planning on doing a VERY good trip report. I bought a new memory card for the trip that will hold over 1,000 pictures, and I'm pretty sure it will be full by the time we get home :) .

Well, I've been working on my Disney memory book. I've had all the cards printed off from Snapfish, and I'm going to mount them on Mat Stacks (for scrapbooking) with photo corners so that they can be taken out of the book and put into oru photo album with the pictures. I also used Natalie's invites and will use them as the starter picture for meal pictures in the photo albums.

The last thing that I have to make (besides our t-shirts) is the itinerary books with what park we'll be in each day, dining reservations, confirmation numbers, etc. I'm going to print off one for us and one for my mom so that if we get separated or if she decides to go back to the hotel for a rest or something, she'll know where to find us. I guess I still need to print off our Dining plan cards (for us to mark off the meal credits) too.

I'm so excited, and I wish the trip wasn't so far away. DH is harvesting for his family right now, and it's been very stressful. We definitely all need a break.

Just thought I'd drop by to say hello. I have been so busy with last minute wedding stuff that I have been neglecting the dis. That and I am really bummed that we might not be able to make our annual trip in Dec because if df's work schedule. We still don't know anything yet and I wish they would tell us gosh darnit because it is getting really close to 180 days and I want good adr's of course! :thumbsup2 Your little card things are a wonderful idea! I might actually take that idea and run with it if we do end up getting to go. Since I like to do a meal report and what not. If not I'll just use a notebook and keep up with that, but I think we do need the must see's for sure b/c last year we forgot to go back to toon town to see minnie and mickeys house and I've been bummed about it ever since I realized it when we got home in dec. Lol. Good luck sounds like you got it under control:)

Well, there's not to much to report as far as Disney goes, so I thought I'd update you on some other things that are going on here. We had a 4th of July barbecue with several of our family members, and we shot off A LOT of fireworks.
100_0842.jpg

It was nice, but we were missing several family members that usually come, so that was disappointing. I tried practicing with the fireworks mode on my camera (so that I can get some good ones at MNSSHP), but I only got about two good ones.
100_0878.jpg

If anyone has any advice, please let me know.

Last night we took DD #1 to a local carnival along with my neice, and that was a lot of fun too. My neice, who is 12, actually got me on some of the wilder rides. I told her I was "preparing for Disney."

This week DH and I are going to St. Louis because he needs to buy another semi for our business. My mom is keeping the girls (see what I mean about how much she does for us), so it will be a nice little get away for me and DH. I'm really looking forward to it. DH wants to go to Six Flags if we have time, so that would be REAL preparation for Disney. I'm not really a roller coaster fan, but I'm sure he'd get me on some of them :). I'll update with pics when we get back.

Well, we're back from St. Louis, and DH found a truck that he really likes :cool1: . We also had time to do a few fun things. I'm actually doing a trip report on another site......if you're interested, let me know.

Here are a few pictures.
100_0894-1.jpg

Union Station and the sign for our hotel

100_0908-1.jpg

Hard Rock.....fun atmosphere, but horrible food

100_0956-1.jpg

The arch

100_0983.jpg

DH and I at the top of the arch

100_1004.jpg

DH's new truck

100_1012.jpg

St. Louis zoo

100_1132.jpg

The cutest baby elephant ever!

We had a lot of fun, and it was really nice for DH and I to get away alone for a couple of days. This weekend, we're going to KC for my cousin's baby shower, and we're going to take the girls to the zoo there.

If it tells you anything about how I'm going to be at Disney, I took over 200 pictures on this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!