A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Ha! I think on family road trips that is me!

My family has been know to make bets on how far I can go before we have to stop.

Good! It will be a long drive home! A good nights sleep will be needed.

It really was and I got extra time with just Danielle and I.

So glad you guys are still able to go!

Good Luck and Have Fun! I am sure after all of this, it will be even better to be in Disney!!!

Thank you! We had a great time and it was wonderful to be in the Bubble.

Ah. That can have its benefits too. I love having my days off in the middle of the week.

Dennis has a mid week day off and a weekend day off most week and really likes it. Danielle as of now still has Wednesdays and Thursdays off.

Huh. I would've thought the rent would be lower for CPs.

Remember we're talking about Disney. Making money is always the goal.

I know I'm late and you've been through quite the whirlwind!

I'm so glad you're still with us!

What have you been reading? I've been looking for some book suggestions for my audible.

We're reading "Eternal" by Lisa Scottoline. I've already read it and loved it! It's set during WWII in Rome. Before I read this book I had no idea of what went on in Italy during WWII. I love history but it's also a great book. I may have shed a tear or two.

That's actually really cute. Maybe Mike and I will have to do this in October.

It is cute and the ice cream is delicious. The cup is not dishwasher safe but still cute.

I'm on the fence with you. This is definitely a wait and see what happens, for me.

I want to see some feedback. Danielle actually has a training/information class on Saturday.

Oh my goodness! That's super cool!

Thank you!

I'm so glad you guys made it through that ok but it must've been so scary!

Thank you! It was worse than some storms but not as bad as some.

I actually think if my drive was 10 ours, I would always do it rather that deal with the stress of flying. But definitely not easy to do pregnant!

We broke the drive up which helped both of us on the way down.

That's so exciting! So glad you had a great trip! It was fun following along on facebook!

Thank you! and thanks for following on FB.

She wasn't crazy about the 2 positions offered for CPs and has been pretty happy with her current positions. She enjoys the stocking more than working the booths but doing both helps keep her days varied.
So then it worked out well. Yes?

Hey Vanessa!! It was SOOO great to finally, after YEARS of waiting, meet you! I loved our visit and finding so much to talk about. I know I bombarded you with loads of questions about Cajun Country and Louisiana, but I learned so much! Thank you for so patiently answering. :)

Of course there was always our love of Disney and good food to keep us talking too. Thank you for the coffee too!! I had some this morning and it really is quite good!! Love it!

Glad we could make it work! :hug:

Hey Vanessa!! It was SOOO great to finally, after YEARS of waiting, meet you! I loved our visit and finding so much to talk about. I know I bombarded you with loads of questions about Cajun Country and Louisiana, but I learned so much! Thank you for so patiently answering. :)

Liesa I really enjoyed finally meeting you and Zach. I loved all the questions and was afraid I had overwhelmed you with all my talking.

Of course there was always our love of Disney and good food to keep us talking too. Thank you for the coffee too!! I had some this morning and it really is quite good!! Love it!

It does my heart good to hear you liked the coffee.

Glad we could make it work! :hug:

Me too! This was a long time coming. Hopefully next time we can meet up in WDW.

Friday, December 20, 2019- Magic Kingdom- We're all back together in the Magic

I'm sorry this is taking so long to finish up but I'm going to work real hard to get this done. I have 56 more sleeps before I'm back in my Happy Place.

The rest of our crew made it to the park a little after 9 am. Not too bad. The first thing we needed to do was of course get more pictures. Michelle and John Paul were dressed as a famous Disney couple. Can you guess who?

If you guessed Beauty and her Beast you would be correct. These pictures really did come out so cute. Dennis and I needed a picture too. He is the Grumpy to my Snow White.

We lucked out and caught the Main Street Trolley while in the area. I love them so much and really miss them. I hope they come back soon.

The others were pretty hungry by this point so a stop in the Starbucks was needed. They got the usual breakfast sandwiches and drinks and I got some Green Tea. I was in sore need of some caffeine by this point and Gaston's does not have tea. Poor JP was really tired by this point and a little hungry too. Dennis did his best to keep him occupied while in line.

After everyone filled their bellies we headed to Fantasyland for our first FP at Storytime with Belle. It was the perfect start for Belle and her Beast. John Paul had been paying attention to us scanning our bands when we entered the FP lines and tried to scan the band he of course was not wearing. It was so cute to see him trying.

We waiting outside the door until it was time for us to enter. When we went inside we went to the back of the room as instructed. Michelle positioned herself not too far from John Paul and of course John Paul was up close.

Has anyone every been in this room and had the Magic ruined? Well, we did. One of the kids up front touched or pulled something and ruined the magic transition. I was in the back so I didn't see what happened. The room had to be reset and started again.

Continued. . . .

Once we were settled in the next room the different roles were distributed. John Paul was picked as Chip and Michelle as the Wardrobe. This was sooo perfect. The very first time we saw this show, back when it was in the Storytime Garden Danielle was picked to be Chip.

After the performance John Paul was all shy about meeting Belle.

He did much better once Michelle was in the picture.

Beast needed a sword to help defend his Belle so a stop in the shop in village was needed.

Danielle was ready for a snack so we headed to Frontierland. She had a hankering for some Churros.

Can you see Big Al in the background? He made his way to us and had some fun playing with John Paul.

More fun . . . .

Big Al knighted John Paul.

Sir John Paul

This really was the best character interaction. John Paul had so much fun playing with Big Al. He also defended the fair Belle.

Dennis and I used this opportunity to try something that was on my list after being recommended by StarWarsMomofGirls! The Candied Bacon did not disappoint. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

After our snacks we headed across the park for our next FP at Buzz. John Paul once again tried to scan in. The CM working played right along with him and dinged him in.

Dennis looks a little scary in that last picture.

Last edited:
Of course this was way too long ago for me to remember how everyone did but i looks like we all took our game very seriously.

I think Buzz was impressed with our performance.

We has a little bit of time to kill before lunch so we took a ride on The PeopleMover.

John Paul was starting to get tired by this point. We still had lunch coming. Let's see if he can make it. Next update we will find out.

Thanks for sticking with us.

I have 56 more sleeps before I'm back in my Happy Place.
No way! Lucky! :)
Michelle and John Paul were dressed as a famous Disney couple.
I finally get one of these and...
If you guessed Beauty and her Beast you would be correct.
You gave it away! I was so excited. "I know this! I know this!"
I almost always suck at guessing those.

:lmao:
He is the Grumpy to my Snow White.
But of course. :)
Poor JP was really tired by this point and a little hungry too. Dennis did his best to keep him occupied while in line.
By getting him in a headlock. Very wise.
we headed to Fantasyland for our first FP at Storytime with Belle.
A very underrated attraction, IMHO.
John Paul had been paying attention to us scanning our bands when we entered the FP lines and tried to scan the band he of course was not wearing. It was so cute to see him trying.
:laughing:
Aww. :)
Has anyone every been in this room and had the Magic ruined? Well, we did. One of the kids up front touched or pulled something and ruined the magic transition. I was in the back so I didn't see what happened. The room had to be reset and started again.
:eek:
I never have heard of that... and am surprised that it could be ruined by someone touching something!
John Paul was picked as Chip
Yay!
Michelle as the Wardrobe.
Nice one. :)
After the performance John Paul was all shy about meeting Belle.
He does look a little put-out. :laughing:
Beast needed a sword to help defend his Belle so a stop in the shop in village was needed.
But of course!
Can you see Big Al in the background? He made his way to us and had some fun playing with John Paul.
:goodvibes
Big Al knighted John Paul.
Oh, that's just perfect!
Sir John Paul
What a great shot. :)
The Candied Bacon did not disappoint.
It's so good!
I just made some (well... maple candied bacon. I am Canadian after all) just the other day.
John Paul once again tried to scan in. The CM working play right along with him and dinged him in.
Gotta love the Disney CMs. :)
Dennis looks a little scary in that last picture.
Are you sure he was trying for Galactic Hero and not villain????
Of course this was way too long ago for me to remember how everyone did but i looks like we all took our game very seriously.
::yes::
Thanks for sticking with us.
But of course!!

What a fun day! Love Michelle and Jp‘a outfits and was chuffed I guessed right . I’ve never been to the story time with Belle but how brilliant that both Michelle and John Paul were picked.
i love it when cast-members and characters play along and interact well with wee kids. It really is what makes WDW different from other theme parks. You got some great photos.
Awesome snacks all round. That bacon looks good but for me a churro at Disney is hard to pass up. Hoping lunch went well 🤞
Only 55 sleeps to go until your next trip! How great is that!

Michelle and John Paul were dressed as a famous Disney couple. Can you guess who?

He is the Grumpy to my Snow White.

Y'all look super adorable! :love:

We lucked out and caught the Main Street Trolley while in the area. I love them so much and really miss them. I hope they come back soon.

Me too! Anytime I saw them, I'd have to stop and watch.

It was so cute to see him trying.

That is flipping adorable :love:

John Paul was picked as Chip and Michelle as the Wardrobe.

So perfect! This hasn't reopened, right? My kids were too old to get good parts when it first opened and I'm afraid by the time it ever reopens, Ava will probably be too old for it. But what a fun experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter