A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

You look so wonderful! I wish I looked as good as you! We are 18 weeks tomorrow and it is a boy too! Jackson Robert! I feel you on the back pain, I have already rented an ECV for our trip next month. My mom (nurse) and OBYN both think it is the best way to enjoy my trip. Your maternity photos are gorgeous! I love the Jungle Theme idea! So clever! Cannot wait to see the room you create!

So we'll have a Gianna, John Paul, and Dominic. My husband's Italian.
Ah! Explains it.
Think you'll be calling him Dom?
Spoiler alert, my back couldn't hack it and I ended up renting a wheelchair each day that poor Mom and Danielle pushed around.
Awww. Poor Michelle. :hug:
We called it my royal carriage.
:laughing:
Particularly like this one. :)
Although this one is really good too!
I also got to be a "model" for a maternity boutique a few weeks ago as well. So I got some free maternity pictures I wouldn't have otherwise. That was pretty special, too.
That's great! And... beautiful pics!
The baby's room is Jungle Cruise theme!
Can't wait to see!
HERE IS WHERE I NEED HELP! I want a clever boat name but my pregnant brain is just lacking creativity these days. I want a play on his name, but all I can think of is Dominican Dominic... and I don't love it. SO DISNEY PEEPS... HELP!
Oh, man...
If you want two words with the second as Dominic...
Dominant Dominic
Domineering Dominic (You know he's going to be ruling your life for a while.)

But I prefer Dominic's Dominion or Dominic's Domicile

If it has to be boat related, maybe Dominic's Dinghy?
Or maybe Dominic's Dock Dodger?

Nesting, if you will. The baby's room is Jungle Cruise theme! I can't wait to show you guys pictures. The crib is kind of the boat, like in the ride. I'm making a wooden sign to go over his bed like the boat signs.
Love the theme!

HERE IS WHERE I NEED HELP! I want a clever boat name but my pregnant brain is just lacking creativity these days. I want a play on his name, but all I can think of is Dominican Dominic... and I don't love it. SO DISNEY PEEPS... HELP!
I wish I could be more help but I am not creative like that ;(

You are absolutely blooming Michelle. Gorgeous photos. Love the name- I went to St Dominic’s high school. It was run by the Dominican nuns and their convent was part of the school building so we had beautiful mosaic floors and stained glass windows throughout. Anyway, I digress, the only boat name I can think of is “ Dominic’s Dingy” but then I also think a sign saying “ Dominic’s happy harbour” might work. Sorry not much help but I’m looking after a10 year old boy who loves sailing later today so I’ll see if he has any suggestions. Can’t wait to see the baby’s room :goodvibes

Wonder if demand has gone down?

I have no plans to go back until they bring back the CS lunch, so my demand has gone down.

Otherwise might be a bit hard to work there.
"Do you enjoy your job?"
"How can I when I'm constantly traumatized!?!?!?"

This could have altered her course and she would not be there now working. It's real good thing she outgrew it.

I just found my coffee grinder today and was able to grind it a little finer for my espresso machine and I can say it is heavenly! A perfect espresso. Thank you again sooooo much!!

You're so very welcome!

I would so love that!

Me too!

YAY!! Isn't it great to have a trip in the works?

It really is.

I do too. I hope they aren't a permanent Covid Casualty. :(

I hope not too. I keep hoping to read they're back.

It's so weird to read about FPs and now they are a totally defunct perk. Sad.

They're ancient history now.

I have never heard of this! Didn't even know it could happen!

Neither did I. I wonder if it's equal to having to be evacuated from a ride?

Adorable!

Thank you!

I always look like I"m about to choose my next bag of coffee.

Or like I'm spending some time on the porcelain throne.

:rotfl2:

Gorgeous!!

Thank you!

Trader Sam is gone. Wahhhhhh!!!

I'm so glad I got that picture.

Before I put another trip update up I wanted to touch base on Danielle and our Thanksgiving trip coming up.

We did go visit her for Labor Day Weekend but I'll save that for hopefully a future trip report. She was very glad to see us and show us her world. She is still living her best Disney life. She finally made it to Coco Beach right before we came to see her. She and Meredith drove there for the day. They visited the Museum of Dinosaurs & Ancient Cultures, the actual beach and had lunch.

She went to an escape room with some DCP friends and they did escape.

While we were visiting her she attended the Galactic Starcruiser information meeting. They took pictures of the CPs while they were there. She did enjoy it but ended up not applying. I think there was only a few positions available and they didn't really interest her.

She continues to enjoy the parks with friends. It been very exciting with all the announcements leading up to the 50th.

The week before the 50th week she went to MK with her current roommates to see HEA one last time and enjoy the park. Since the 50th they have lots of days they are blocked out of MK. She was able to purchase some 50th merchandise before their discount was taken away. She picked up a shirt, ears and got me the soap dispenser.

She said a final goodbye to Epcot Forever. She really loved the show and knew it by heart since she heard it every night. She did attend the cast preview of Harmonious but since they were in a crowded area and did not get a good view she wasn't impressed. A few nights later she did get to see it from the Japan temple area and enjoyed it more.

She finally got her 50th name tag. They were printed with their home cities instead of colleges. I think they held out giving them out in hopes of getting the correct ones printed but it looks like that didn't happen.

Her hours have increase since the start of the 50th. She worked a 6 day week that week, then back to a 5 day week but returned to a 6 day week. I don't know if it will keep altering since she has a 5 day week this current week. They had the chance to eat and take special photos on the day of the 50th. I really like these opportunities given them to make it special.

She did say that Epcot was not too busy for the 50th. She did have the day off before so she and her friends went for pedicures to pamper themselves before all the craziness started. She did say it has been very busy since then. She says it feels more like how the park were before Covid as far as crowds and with all the announcements for the holidays . She hasn't been back to MK since before October 1st since they have been blocked out on the few days she has had off.

Continued. . .

Danielle finally made it to the dark side. She and Meredith went to Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal. This was her first taste of Universal and I think she will go back. I'm surprised she went to this since she is so easy to scare and will not got to Haunted Houses. They did a few of the haunted houses and some rides. She facetimed me when there were in Gringotts. It was so pretty and made me so jealous. I don't have a strong desire to go to Universal except to see all the Harry Potter areas. The highlight of their night was being evacuated from The Mummy.

Disney does a great job of offering ways for the CPs to move ahead either in their system or for when they leave. Danielle attended a resume writing session and this week will do a Leadership session.

She has receive more keys and in the last month received all 5 keys twice. Last week she was given a Donald from a guest and that really made her day. The CMs and the CPs really love it when guests show them kindness and spread some Magic for them.

Danielle has officially applied and been accepted to extend. Her new end date is now June 2nd. I don't know what she will be doing. She has been told that the CPs assigned to Festivals will be deployed to something else when Food & Wine ends. They will not do the Holiday Festival since it's much smaller so regular CMs usually do those. We have no idea what she will be doing the week we come to visit her. She was also told that in the past whatever you get deployed to may end up what you do until you leave. I guess we'll be finding out in about a month. She has been pulling more stocking shifts compared to actual booth shifts. Her work week starts on Sunday and this weeks schedule has her working 5 days with 2 days off. Her days off her Friday and Saturday and she works an early shift on Thursday. Because of the optima schedule SHE IS COMING HOME! She is flying home late Thursday night and flying back on Monday. Once her schedule comes out on Wednesday she will try to swap with other CPs to cover if she is scheduled for Sunday and Monday. We're all so excited to see her and she is beside herself. I think she's more excited to see her 2 cats. This will be her first time home since she left in June. She has already requested some special meals. My sister is getting married on Saturday so she will also get to see lots of family.

We're still planning to go to Disney for Thanksgiving week. Our 60 day ADR day came and went. I tried to get Space 220 but nothing was available for our entire trip. I was bummed for Dennis and Danielle but I've had time to adjust. Our trip starts on Saturday, November 20th. We will be driving all day so no park time. We would like to go to Disney Springs and hopefully try a new CS place. Believe it or not Dennis is actually willing to try some new food places this trip. I would also like to do the Christmas Tree Trail. Our first park day is Sunday and we're hoping to go to MK. I say hoping because Dennis will be using free passes Danielle has earned. If Danielle is blocked out then he is blocked out. We're really hoping to get in to MK since it will be Dapper Day! I've already got my outfit put together and I will not be wearing pumps(even though Liesa suggested them). We have an ADR for Tony's this night. I know lots of people don't like Tony's but we have fond memories here. Monday is my birthday. We're going to start our day at AK. We don't have any ADRs since I have my special birthday wish booked. We're going to do the Enchanted After Dessert Party. I'm really excited about this. Dennis and Danielle have never done a dessert party so I hope they like it. I'm really hoping this gives us a good chance to see the show. Tuesday is going to be our rest day with no parks. We haven't made any definite plans except I did make an ADR for dinner at Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary. This will be something new for all of us. Danielle did go here at the beginning of her program when it was still the Wave. I have made all our ADR for 3 in hopes Danielle can make them. I figured it would be easier to show up 1 less than try to add 1. Wednesday is our DHS day. I have an ADR for Oga's but Dennis is reluctant to go so I may be cancelling this. I also have a late dinner ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern so Dennis can get some Thanksgiving style food even though it will be a day early. I wasn't even going to try to get into the MK on Thanksgiving day. So that leaves Epcot for Thanksgiving Day. Right now I have an ADR for breakfast, lunch and dinner in hopes that Danielle can make at least one. I'm not expecting her to have the day off. Breakfast is for Ale & Compass, Danielle and I ate here for the first time last month and loved it. If we go here it will be something new for Dennis. We have a lunch ADR for Rose and Crown and believe it or not Dennis actually suggested this one. This would be new for all of us. Our dinner ADR is for Biergarten. Danielle and I did this for her 10th birthday trip, which she doesn't remember. She did go to Biergarten recently with her friends and really enjoyed it. Dennis likes meat and potatoes so he should like it. And that ends our park time since we will be driving home on Friday. This will be the first Black Friday in years that I will not be shopping. I may have to change around some days if Danielle and Dennis are blocked out but I'm not stressing about it. If they are blocked out we can still enter a park after 2 when hopping opens. I'm really hoping this is a much more laid back trip.

I'm really nervous about Genie and I'm glad I will have some time to see how it works before our trip. Right now I think I'll only pay for Genie + on our MK day and possibly just purchase the single lightening lane for ROTR and Remy. Riding all the rides is not that important to me this trip. I do want Dennis to ride Remy since he hasn't done it yet and ROTR is still new enough for me to want to do it again.

Oh my goodness I am so excited for you! Danielle coming home for a few days with a family wedding thrown in for good measure is just fantastic! I’m betting you did a wee happy dance ( in your head at least) when you got that news! Brilliant news altogether!
Danielle really does seem to be making the most of her time on the CP and looks so happy in all her photos. Love that someone chose to spread some magic to her with the wee Donald. Shows what a great impression she’s making with people and I’m sure that makes your heart swell with pride ❤
Your Thanksgiving trip sounds great. I like your relaxed attitude to it all and think the dessert party sounds like a perfect birthday gift. I’ve never done one but they sound amazing for the fireworks view alone so adding in some tasty treats is a total bonus 😋. Haven’t been to Tony’s in years but we also have fond memories of it. We did breakfast there once ( maybe 25+ years ago) and dinner a few years after that and enjoyed both meals. Not quite sure why we haven’t been back- think that it’s just been a case of trying other places plus we tend to make dinner our sit down meal of the day and usually eat at either EPCOT or Disney Springs. You will have to let us all know how you get on. I’m sorry you didn’t get an adr for Space 220 but maybe you could put your names down in the day for a spot in the lounge. It seems to have great food and drinks and some reviews (DFB) say the view from there is better than from some of the restaurant tables. Worth a try at least.
Ach I have to say you’ve really made my morning - hearing Danielle is getting an unexpected trip home is just priceless! When my daughter lived in Copenhagen for a year it was those impromptu visits home that gave us all such joy (and made it bearable for us all). You really do have reason to be thankful ❤

Ah! Explains it.
Think you'll be calling him Dom?
Yes! We already do hahahaha
Awww. Poor Michelle. :hug:
Poor Mom and Danielle! I got to sit on my butt.
If it has to be boat related, maybe Dominic's Dinghy?
Or maybe Dominic's Dock Dodger?
I can work with this!
Dominic's Dory
Now that's cut!
“ Dominic’s happy harbour”
I love this.
“Dominic’s Dock”
I'm leaning more towards this.

We also like "Dominic's Dream" and "Discovery Dominic". I'm still not 100%, but I also like Delta or Dock to be used some way.

Oh my goodness I am so excited for you! Danielle coming home for a few days with a family wedding thrown in for good measure is just fantastic! I’m betting you did a wee happy dance ( in your head at least) when you got that news! Brilliant news altogether!

We're all very excited! I haven't told the rest of the family so hopefully this will be a surprise.

Danielle really does seem to be making the most of her time on the CP and looks so happy in all her photos. Love that someone chose to spread some magic to her with the wee Donald. Shows what a great impression she’s making with people and I’m sure that makes your heart swell with pride ❤

She really is enjoying herself. She was so touched when she was given the Donald.

Your Thanksgiving trip sounds great. I like your relaxed attitude to it all and think the dessert party sounds like a perfect birthday gift. I’ve never done one but they sound amazing for the fireworks view alone so adding in some tasty treats is a total bonus 😋.

I'm real excited about this! The treats will be my birthday cake and the fireworks will be the candles.

Haven’t been to Tony’s in years but we also have fond memories of it. We did breakfast there once ( maybe 25+ years ago) and dinner a few years after that and enjoyed both meals. Not quite sure why we haven’t been back- think that it’s just been a case of trying other places plus we tend to make dinner our sit down meal of the day and usually eat at either EPCOT or Disney Springs.

Epcot and DS really do have soooo many options for sit down meals.

I’m sorry you didn’t get an adr for Space 220 but maybe you could put your names down in the day for a spot in the lounge. It seems to have great food and drinks and some reviews (DFB) say the view from there is better than from some of the restaurant tables. Worth a try at least.

That's a really good idea. Thanks!

Ach I have to say you’ve really made my morning - hearing Danielle is getting an unexpected trip home is just priceless! When my daughter lived in Copenhagen for a year it was those impromptu visits home that gave us all such joy (and made it bearable for us all). You really do have reason to be thankful ❤

They were trying to surprise me but figuring out the logistics made that too hard.

Friday, December 20, 2019- Magic Kingdom-Parade and Playtime

My last update ended with out last Fast Pass ride, Jungle Cruise. The afternoon was winding down but we didn't want to miss Festival of Fantasy so we headed back to Frontierland and claimed a piece of land to wait. We were all pretty tired so we spread out and relaxed.

Our old friend Big Al soon joined us. I think he was a little tired too.

John Paul finally settled down to rest a little too.

Once the parade started he jumped right up to show the Princesses he was ready to defend them.

Dennis assumed the role of photographer.

We had a great spot and it really wasn't crowded. This whole day was pretty nice. I think it was due to another Christmas Party since the park was closing early. I'm not going to post anymore pictures of the parade. I think we have all pretty much seen it and we really didn't take many, we just enjoyed it. I'm really glad we had this last chance to see even though we didn't know it was our last chance at the time (thanks Covid).

After the parade we were in the perfect spot to catch a boat to Tom Sawyer Island. We had been wanting to take John Paul here so he could run around and play. He loved it and I know Grumpy enjoyed showing him around.

Continued in next post. . . .

More TSI fun.

We headed to Small World next. John Paul had loved this ride on his first trip in 2018. We knew Michelle would want to be with him when he rode it on this trip.

He was totally entranced again.

I wish I could say the same for Dennis and Danielle.

At least they had almost made it to the end.

Once we got off Small World we all needed a little pick me up so it was time for Dole Whip treats. I'm sorry I don't remember what everyone had but we all got some form of Dole Whip. I'm pretty sure Dennis had the upside down cake and loved it. I had this.

After we finished our treats we started making our way out of the park for the last time. We were headed to the boat dock and to dinner. We stopped for some final photo pass photos as we waked down Main Street.

Up next is our delightful dinner with Snow White and friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter