• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Friday, December 20, 2019-Monorail Decoration Stroll

I had really been looking forward to seeing all decorations at the Resorts on the monorail. I was trilled Danielle joined me. We headed out while Dennis, Michelle and John Paul waited to see Grumpy. We caught a boat and headed back to the Magic Kingdom. This was another Christmas Party night so transportation was running well. We hopped on the Resort Line and headed for the Contemporary first. I really enjoyed our little tour but I did not like having to go through security every time we got back on the monorail. I understand why but it was still a pain. I know I have said it before, but I'll say it again "I'm so glad we did this." The decorations this year were not anywhere near what they were in 2019, except for maybe the Grand Floridian. We stopped into the Contemporary last month and the decorations were minimal. Lucky for us 2019 they had a Gingerbread display and it was themed for Cinderella. It was so cute and even included her glass slipper. I didn't take any photos of the other decorations but we did pass through the stores and look around a little.

Next up was the Poly. I loved the tropical decorations and colors. The details with the flowers and pineapples were stop on. I took a few pictures of the Cast Member Gingerbread Houses. This was sadly missing in 2021.

Continued in next post.

More Gingerbread Houses. I think my favorite is the Lilo and Stitch themed one.

We saved the Best for LAST. The Grand Floridian was amazing! There were trees and wreaths all over. The stairs and balconies were hung with garland. There was live Christmas Music to entertain us while we took in all the sights. Mickey was greeting guests by the biggest tree and of course the highlight was the Gingerbread House. We slowly walked around trying to see as much as we could. We stopped into The Enchanted Rose and did a quick look. Danielle was no 21 yet on this trip so we didn't stay for a drink. She did make it there at the beginning of her CP program in 2021 was some friends. I would still like to try a drink there someday. We did a little shopping here too and each picked up some stuff in Basin. Danielle got a big jar of sugar scrub and I picked up some soaps for my co-workers.

Continued in next post.

I love all the details in the Gingerbread House and tree.

Of course we spent the most time here. We finally said goodbye to GF and rode the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom. I said one final goodbye to it before catching a bus back to Pop. We were headed home the next day and we all had lots of packing and organizing to do. We had a late flight but we still needed to get our bags checked ( boy do I miss being able to check your bags and not have to deal with them until you landed) before heading to Disney Springs. This day ended up being the day with the most steps for a total of 24,005.

Last edited:

I had really been looking forward to seeing all decorations at the Resorts on the monorail.
What a good idea. Next time (?) I'm there when Christmas decorations are up, I'd like to do this too.
I really enjoyed our little tour but I did not like having to go through security every time we got back on the monorail.
Yeah... A necessary evil, I suppose.
I know I have said it before, but I'll say it again "I'm so glad we did this."
:)
The Enchanted Rose ... I would still like to try a drink there someday.
Me too. Never seen it.
All the GF decorations are beautiful, but this really caught my eye for some reason.
Magic Kingdom. I said one final goodbye to it
the worst. :(
boy do I miss being able to check your bags and not have to deal with them until you landed
Not me! As a foreigner, that was never an option for me. :laughing:

Maybe a little

I hope you keep improving. :hug:

What a good idea. Next time (?) I'm there when Christmas decorations are up, I'd like to do this too.

I liked it so much I tried to do it again last month.

Me too. Never seen it.

There are lots of new things for you to try when you make it back there. Of course you can never do everything so if you're like there still lots of old things to do too.

All the GF decorations are beautiful, but this really caught my eye for some reason.

Thank you, I like it too.

the worst. :(

Saying goodbye to MK is always the worst for me.

Not me! As a foreigner, that was never an option for me. :laughing:

I forgot about that. Now we're all like foreigners.

I hope you keep improving. :hug:
Thanks. :)
I liked it so much I tried to do it again last month.
::yes::
There are lots of new things for you to try when you make it back there. Of course you can never do everything so if you're like there still lots of old things to do too.
Lots new. And by the time I get back, should be more.
I forgot about that. Now we're all like foreigners
:laughing: Yup!

Hi Vanessa!! Sorry I've been so MIA lately. The move, as I should have anticipated, set me back around here more than I'd have liked. But I am caught up and loved your Christmas resort stroll. YAY!! So many beautiful decorations. But you are right... GF is always the best. Just so elegant.

She was scheduled to work until 2:30 am New Years Eve and then had 4 days off before being deployed to ESPN. We of course booked her a flight home for New Years Day. She ended up testing positive for Covid on the 30th. She missed working New Years Eve and had to cancel her trip home. :sad1: She did get to do her official graduation photo before she got Covid.

OH NO!!! Such a sad turn of events. It's inevitable that everyone is going to get it at some point, but this was really crappy timing. I'm so sorry she missed her trip. :(

We are all hoping Danielle can make a trip back home but it doesn't look good. She doesn't have the flexibility to trade shifts around anymore.

That is so hard! I'm really sorry she's stuck not getting to visit home. I know it's just a season in the overall scheme of things, but that doesn't make it less hard. I know you really miss her.

I was trilled Danielle joined me.

Perfect!!! It's so fun to get to spend time with our adult "kids"!

Precious Mary Blair style! Love this!

The Enchanted Rose and did a quick look. Danielle was no 21 yet on this trip so we didn't stay for a drink.

Soon.... :) And it's a perfect lounge too!

Love the Mickeys in the windows.

( boy do I miss being able to check your bags and not have to deal with them until you landed)

YES!! This!

Lots new. And by the time I get back, should be more.

Disney is always changing so there is always something new. You're list should be long, make sure you plan to be there for awhile.

Your pictures from the gingerbread houses were great. I loved seeing them!

Thank you! We really enjoyed seeing it for the first time.

Love love love that last update! The Christmas decorations are spectacular. One day I too will do that tour ❤🎄🏠⭐

I know you will!

Great update and all the family news too. Hope you will start a new report to roll in all of the extra trips you are taking with Michelle there working. And of course to update grand baby pictures!

We still have so much more to share. Thanks for sticking with us.

Hi Vanessa!! Sorry I've been so MIA lately. The move, as I should have anticipated, set me back around here more than I'd have liked. But I am caught up and loved your Christmas resort stroll. YAY!! So many beautiful decorations. But you are right... GF is always the best. Just so elegant.

Liesa I know how busy you have been . So glad you're getting some more free time and internet.

OH NO!!! Such a sad turn of events. It's inevitable that everyone is going to get it at some point, but this was really crappy timing. I'm so sorry she missed her trip. :(

It was the worse timing.

That is so hard! I'm really sorry she's stuck not getting to visit home. I know it's just a season in the overall scheme of things, but that doesn't make it less hard. I know you really miss her.

We really do miss her. I like gong to visit her in the bubble but having her home is even better.

Perfect!!! It's so fun to get to spend time with our adult "kids"!

Yes it is!

Precious Mary Blair style! Love this!

It was the cutest.

Soon.... :) And it's a perfect lounge too!

Hopefully in the next 2 months.

Saturday, December 21, 2019- The Walk of Shame

All too soon we had come to the end of our trip. Today was travel day and for me it had come too soon. I think most of the family are ready to go by the time the last day comes, but never me.

We had some time before the Tragical Express was going to pick us up at 2:35 so of course we packed in as much as we could without going to a park. We had an ADR for TREX at 11 am. Our morning was spent trying to get everyone packed up as quick as possible. We needed to be in Disney Springs before 11. We still had to check our luggage and store our carry-ons before catching the bus to DS. It was not an easy task.

It has become our tradition to take a picture of our resort room door and a picture of how sad we are to be leaving. While everyone was rushing around Michelle and John Paul took care of this.

I think they did a really good job.

It was now time to do the "Walk of Shame". We're all so excited when we first arrive and make the walk to our room with our luggage but no one likes the walk back at the end of the trip.

The line for luggage check in was long and it was moving very slow. I know the people behind us were not happy when they saw how much we had to check. Even though it was a stressful experience on this day I really do miss being able to do this.

I waited in line with Danielle while I sent Dennis to store our carry on bags. He was very concerned about leaving his lightsaber but in the end it was ok. Michelle took JP to get some more photos. I don't know what happened but it doesn't look like he was too happy with posing in the 0 but he eventually came around.

Bags checked, it was time to catch our bus to Disney Springs. Our bus arrived at 10:16 am. We were cutting it close but doing pretty good.

Once we arrived in Disney Springs we made a bee-line to TREX to get checked in. I made a point to take some pictures on our way there.

Up next is dining with Dinos.

Disney is always changing so there is always something new. You're list should be long, make sure you plan to be there for awhile.
I'm aiming for a week in August with DD. Best I can do.

All too soon we had come to the end of our trip.
Boo!!!
Today was travel day and for me it had come too soon.
It always does. :(
We had some time before the Tragical Express was going to pick us up
<sigh>
As much as I hated getting on that bus at the end of a trip... I'd still prefer it to today's reality.
Oh, no...
Nooooooo!!!!
It was now time to do the "Walk of Shame".
Ugh.
Hate that.
You just know that people are looking at you and thinking "Ha, ha. I get to stay."

And we know this because we did it when we arrive, right???
I know the people behind us were not happy when they saw how much we had to check.
Tough noogies. Get there earlier, then.
:lmao:
Cute as always. :)
I want those for my house!

Saturday, December 21, 2019- The Walk of Shame

All too soon we had come to the end of our trip. Today was travel day and for me it had come too soon. I think most of the family are ready to go by the time the last day comes, but never me.

I'm with you - our longest stay was 10 days and I still wasn't ready to go home!
It has become our tradition to take a picture of our resort room door and a picture of how sad we are to be leaving. While everyone was rushing around Michelle and John Paul took care of this.

View attachment 645378
View attachment 645379

I think they did a really good job.

Oh my gosh, those are the best pouty faces ever!!
It was now time to do the "Walk of Shame". We're all so excited when we first arrive and make the walk to our room with our luggage but no one likes the walk back at the end of the trip.

That's the worst. When we're still enjoying our vacation and I see people walking towards the front of the resort with luggage, my heart breaks a little for them. And it's inevitably our turn...
Once we arrived in Disney Springs we made a bee-line to TREX to get checked in. I made a point to take some pictures on our way there.
View attachment 645386

View attachment 645387
Love the decorations at Disney Springs - I definitely want to spend more time there at Christmas someday.

Up next is dining with Dinos.
My boys LOVED T-Rex when they were younger. Have to put this on our radar if we're ever able to all go together again. Looking forward to hearing about your lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter