A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

We did go visit her for Labor Day Weekend
Great! Hope you guys had a wonderful time. :)
She is still living her best Disney life.
:goodvibes
They visited the Museum of Dinosaurs & Ancient Cultures, the actual beach and had lunch.
Sounds like a pretty good day... and something that I myself might do.
She went to an escape room with some DCP friends and they did escape.
Well... yeah. Otherwise, you would have had to get her out when you went down. :rolleyes1
Cute shot. :)
She was able to purchase some 50th merchandise before their discount was taken away.
Score. ::yes::
Very lovely shot of her. :)
What a great shot!!
Hope she "insta-ed" that. (Or whatever the kids are doing now.)
She says it feels more like how the park were before Covid as far as crowds and with all the announcements for the holidays .
That's good to hear. Please, Lord... a little normalcy?
She and Meredith went to Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal. This was her first taste of Universal and I think she will go back. I'm surprised she went to this since she is so easy to scare and will not got to Haunted Houses.
Good for her!
I haven't made up my mind if that's something I want to do or not.
It's not that I'm easily scared, just... not really what Halloween means to me.
The highlight of their night was being evacuated from The Mummy.
:laughing: Most people would call that the lowlight. But we know better!
Love the shirt. :)
She has receive more keys and in the last month received all 5 keys twice.
Hey! That's great! Good for her!
Last week she was given a Donald from a guest and that really made her day.
Awww. :)
Danielle has officially applied and been accepted to extend.
Yay! Congrats to her!
Her new end date is now June 2nd.
There is a slim (very slim) chance I might be able to get down there by then.
Because of the optima schedule SHE IS COMING HOME! She is flying home late Thursday night and flying back on Monday.
I'm betting mom and dad are stoked!
We're still planning to go to Disney for Thanksgiving week.
Nice! :)
I'm really nervous about Genie
Yeah... I haven't really read anything about it yet... no point. For me at least.
Yes! We already do hahahaha
:laughing: Guessed it!
we didn't want to miss Festival of Fantasy so we headed back to Frontierland and claimed a piece of land to wait.
I didn't know you could claim land. Huh. I guess that's like squatting?

:rolleyes:
This (and the rest) are such cute shots.
Our old friend Big Al soon joined us. I think he was a little tired too.
That's just perfect.
Once the parade started he jumped right up to show the Princesses he was ready to defend them.
But of course! A true gallant knight!
I'm really glad we had this last chance to see even though we didn't know it was our last chance at the time (thanks Covid).
:(
Yeah... nuff said.
After the parade we were in the perfect spot to catch a boat to Tom Sawyer Island. We had been wanting to take John Paul here so he could run around and play.
Perfect place for it. I've visited, myself.
Really like this shot. :)
Nice shot of you two. :)
:lmao:
Once we got off Small World we all needed a little pick me up so it was time for Dole Whip treats.
Yussssss...
What a great shot of you ladies! :goodvibes

Great! Hope you guys had a wonderful time. :)

We did but the time just flew by.

Sounds like a pretty good day... and something that I myself might do.

You'll have to add it to your list for your next trip down.

Well... yeah. Otherwise, you would have had to get her out when you went down. :rolleyes1

That would not have been good.

Cute shot. :)

:thanks:

Very lovely shot of her. :)

I agree. She was channeling her Belle vibe.

What a great shot!!
Hope she "insta-ed" that. (Or whatever the kids are doing now.)

I can't remember if she did. She usually just adds photos to her "story" instead of doing an actual post. I have no idea what she puts on Snapchat since she's blocked me from it.

I have a Google album set up for this DCP that we both adds photos to so we can share. When she takes a Photo Pass Picture I download it and share to her. I'm going to miss the free PhotoPass when my AP expires.

Good for her!
I haven't made up my mind if that's something I want to do or not.
It's not that I'm easily scared, just... not really what Halloween means to me.

I think it was something on their bucket lists. It was also a good way to get a taste of the parks.

Most people would call that the lowlight. But we know better!

Yes we love the adventure of being evacuated from a ride.

Love the shirt. :)

Thank you! It is different.

Yay! Congrats to her!

She's being doing really well lately.

There is a slim (very slim) chance I might be able to get down there by then.

I have faith you will get there soon.

I'm betting mom and dad are stoked!

Yes we were!

I didn't know you could claim land. Huh. I guess that's like squatting?

Exactly!

This (and the rest) are such cute shots.

I think so too.

Perfect place for it. I've visited, myself.

We love some time on TSI. We missed the caves on this trip but like to explore there too.

Really like this shot. :)

Me too! JP is having so much fun and Grumpy is loving sharing it with him.

Nice shot of you two. :)

Thank you!

What a great shot of you ladies! :goodvibes

Thanks! I think it one of my favorites from the trip.

We did but the time just flew by.
Ugh. Doesn't it always?!?!?
You'll have to add it to your list for your next trip down.
Whenever that will be!
I agree. She was channeling her Belle vibe.
::yes::
I have no idea what she puts on Snapchat since she's blocked me from it.
What?!?!? Why???
I have a Google album set up for this DCP that we both adds photos to so we can share.
Nice. :)
Yes we love the adventure of being evacuated from a ride.
I think "novelty" might be a better word.
It's like... for a Diser... "Hey! I got evacuated from _____!"
"No way! I haven't been evacuated from that one yet!"
I have faith you will get there soon.
I sure hope you're right.
Me too! JP is having so much fun and Grumpy is loving sharing it with him.
Thanks! I think it one of my favorites from the trip.
I can see why!

Whenever that will be!

Do you have any idea of when you will get down to DW? What are your roadblocks now?

What?!?!? Why???

I know! How dare she have some privacy from her mother.

I think "novelty" might be a better word.
It's like... for a Diser... "Hey! I got evacuated from _____!"
"No way! I haven't been evacuated from that one yet!"

Yes, we Diser think of it as a notch in our Disney belt.

Good News, Bad News

First the Bad News.

I invite everyone to join into my Pity Party as a mourn the loss of my Birthday/Thanksgiving Week trip. :sad1:

Yesterday I cancelled our trip. I cancelled all my great ADRs. I cancelled my Birthday Enchantment Dessert After-Party. I said goodbye to my first chance to go to a Dapper Day.

Why did I cancel everything? Well, the CM block out calendar came out this week and they are blocked out of all parks for the whole Thanksgiving Week. If Danielle is blocked out then Dennis is too since he is using passes she has earned. I don't think they will stay blocked out for the entire time but I can't guarantee that. They make changes to calendar almost everyday, but it's not looking good. We don't want to go and not be able to spend some time in the parks with Danielle.

So, I'm mourning the losses. We won't be with Danielle for Thanksgiving to help her celebrate at least one Holiday. I won't be going to Dapper Day. I won't get to finally wear the Birthday Button.

Now, the Good News.

We rebooked our trip for the very next week!

When I went in to look for resort resort reservations there was absolutely NOTHING for the dates November 27th to December 3rd! I panicked a little.

I also had Danielle checking the HUB for any CM discounted rooms. She actually found several choices. She's partial to our staying in the All Stars since they are VERY close to where she is living. She was able to book us a preferred room at Music that included her for a little over a $400 savings. Love that Friends and Family 40% off discount.

I'm a little scared that this puts us so close to Michelle's due date but there are some advantages.

Danielle shouldn't be as busy with work since the parks won't be as crowded. We get to see the whole Bubble decked out for Christmas. We will get to experience Christmas in Epcot with the Holiday kitchens, Holiday Cookie Stroll and Candlelight Processional. Of course the ADRs are slim pickings. Candlelight Processional dinners are all sold out so I will be standing in line for that. All the Dessert parties are sold out. I'm going to keep checking for an opening. I thought about doing the Christmas After-Party but Dennis declined. We will get to have Thanksgiving Dinner with family. We will also get to do some Black Friday shopping, even if it's only online. Like everything in life there is give and take.

Danielle is still working lots of hours and 6 days a week. Her upcoming schedule has her working straight stocking shift. Rumors are still flying on what the Festival CPs will be doing once Food and Wine ends. One rumor has all but 100 of them moving to house person role. Since she's a stocker she may actually stay in Epcot. Whatever happens to her she will have a week to get use to it before we get there.

We had a great but busy visit. She worked the day shift before she flew home. As she was getting off she got this.

She also had the chance to pick a magnet from the Backstage Magic Van. She lucked out and won this awesome book celebrating the 50th.

I plan on reading it.

We ran errands, ate dinner at the restaurant she and Michelle both worked at. She finally got some charbroiled oysters and Mississippi Mud Pie. We went to my sisters wedding and had a great time with family. We visited the local Blue Zoo that opened in the mall after she left and had a big family dinner of Gumbo.

I've got lots to redo to re-plan our trip but I do now have an extra week.

I hope everyone enjoys the Halloween Weekend.

Yesterday I cancelled our trip. I cancelled all my great ADRs. I cancelled my Birthday Enchantment Dessert After-Party. I said goodbye to my first chance to go to a Dapper Day.

Why did I cancel everything? Well, the CM block out calendar came out this week and they are blocked out of all parks for the whole Thanksgiving Week. If Danielle is blocked out then Dennis is too since he is using passes she has earned. I don't think they will stay blocked out for the entire time but I can't guarantee that. They make changes to calendar almost everyday, but it's not looking good. We don't want to go and not be able to spend some time in the parks with Danielle.
Well that's not okay! Sorry you had to cancel... but understand why.
Now, the Good News.

We rebooked our trip for the very next week!
Yay!
She was able to book us a preferred room at Music that included her for a little over a $400 savings. Love that Friends and Family 40% off discount.
Nice! I like Music, especially the preferred. And nice chunk of change saved there. :)
I'm a little scared that this puts us so close to Michelle's due date but there are some advantages.
Bring her along and she can have a true Disney baby. :rolleyes1
Her upcoming schedule has her working straight stocking shift.
Heh. Christmas stocking, huh?
Good for her!
She also had the chance to pick a magnet from the Backstage Magic Van. She lucked out and won this awesome book celebrating the 50th.
Wow! Nice!
She finally got some charbroiled oysters and Mississippi Mud Pie.
Whoa... that sounds... amazing.
I hope everyone enjoys the Halloween Weekend.
I always do. :)
Although this year will be a bit tougher as I'm working all day today and all night tonight/tomorrow morning.

Nice! I like Music, especially the preferred. And nice chunk of change saved there. :)

Do what sections are considered preferred? I'm guessing Calypso but is there anything else? I had read not all of Calypso was open.

It was nice to save but I was VERY tempted to take one of the other options, Grand Destino Tower/preferred. It was only a little over $200 more than my original Music reservation. I'm still second guessing myself. I didn't want to push Dennis since he's "over Disney" right now.

Bring her along and she can have a true Disney baby. :rolleyes1

You're too much!:rolleyes:

Heh. Christmas stocking, huh?

Good one!

Whoa... that sounds... amazing.

I didn't have any of the oysters but they sure smelled good. I did have some of the Mississippi Mud Pie and it was sooooo good.

I always do. :)
Although this year will be a bit tougher as I'm working all day today and all night tonight/tomorrow morning.

How much energy are you going to have left for the Trick or Treaters?

Do what sections are considered preferred? I'm guessing Calypso but is there anything else? I had read not all of Calypso was open.
Calypso and Jazz, although I consider Calypso the more preferred, preferred.
Specifically rooms 1401-1410. With (for me) the nadir being 1410, which I have actually had. It's the closest room to the busses and Melody Hall. Rooms 0455-0464 across the pool are also good with 0455 being my choice in that building.
It was nice to save but I was VERY tempted to take one of the other options, Grand Destino Tower/preferred. It was only a little over $200 more than my original Music reservation. I'm still second guessing myself. I didn't want to push Dennis since he's "over Disney" right now.
At only $200 more, I'd probably pick Grand Destino... I've never stayed and I'd like to try it.
You're too much!:rolleyes:
So I've been told! :laughing:
I didn't have any of the oysters but they sure smelled good. I did have some of the Mississippi Mud Pie and it was sooooo good.
I've never had charbroiled oysters. Sure sounds good!
How much energy are you going to have left for the Trick or Treaters?
Are you kidding? I love this. I'll have plenty and want more when it's over.
Every year around 10pm, I walk out to the street and look up and down it, hoping to spot just one more trick or treater on his or her way. There never is, that late. And I'm always a bit sad that it's over... and vow to decorate or costume up better next year!

Ach sorry you had to put back your trip for a week. Crossing my fingers that you get to rebook some of the things you most want. Sounds like you all had the most fabulous family time together with Danielle.
Happy Halloween to you all 🎃👻🕷

I've already got my outfit put together and I will not be wearing pumps(even though Liesa suggested them).

I will admit, they are kinda a pain, but make for great photos!!

Awww!! :goodvibes:
I'm really glad we had this last chance to see even though we didn't know it was our last chance at the time (thanks Covid).

I think there were a lot of "lasts" no one could have seen coming. So sad.

At least they had almost made it to the end.

:lmao:
I'm pretty sure Dennis had the upside down cake and loved it.

Because what's not to love. I really miss that. :(
Danielle is still working lots of hours and 6 days a week.

Yikes!! That is a TON!!

That is so awesome!!!

Calypso and Jazz, although I consider Calypso the more preferred, preferred.
Specifically rooms 1401-1410. With (for me) the nadir being 1410, which I have actually had. It's the closest room to the busses and Melody Hall. Rooms 0455-0464 across the pool are also good with 0455 being my choice in that building.

We have stayed in Jazz twice so I hope we get Calypso. I hope we get your luck with room assignment.

At only $200 more, I'd probably pick Grand Destino... I've never stayed and I'd like to try it.

I would too, but Dennis doesn't want to give Disney anymore money.

I've never had charbroiled oysters. Sure sounds good!

I think you would like them.

Are you kidding? I love this. I'll have plenty and want more when it's over.
Every year around 10pm, I walk out to the street and look up and down it, hoping to spot just one more trick or treater on his or her way. There never is, that late. And I'm always a bit sad that it's over... and vow to decorate or costume up better next year!

I'm sure the kids love your house.

We had fun yesterday passing out treat at the church Trunk or Treat.

Ach sorry you had to put back your trip for a week. Crossing my fingers that you get to rebook some of the things you most want. Sounds like you all had the most fabulous family time together with Danielle.
Happy Halloween to you all 🎃👻

I'm not giving up hope on getting some of my ADRs back.

Hope your Halloween was good.

We have stayed in Jazz twice so I hope we get Calypso. I hope we get your luck with room assignment.
Luck is only a part of it. I do the fax request through TouringPlans and then when I check in, I ask for the room number I've been given. If I don't like it, I ask for something else.
Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't.
I would too, but Dennis doesn't want to give Disney anymore money.
I get that!
I think you would like them.
I think so too!
I'm sure the kids love your house.
We had a lot of comments. :) "This is like Disney!" was by far my fave. :)
We had fun yesterday passing out treat at the church Trunk or Treat.

Luck is only a part of it. I do the fax request through TouringPlans and then when I check in, I ask for the room number I've been given. If I don't like it, I ask for something else.
Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't.

I've tried the TouringPlans fax several time and it has yet to work.

We had a lot of comments. :) "This is like Disney!" was by far my fave. :)

Now I want a picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter