• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A DISmeet here..a DISmeet there..Our August Southern Tour- Final Posts - #544!

Kathy, it very nice they family comes to support her :goodvibes
thanks Liz, so hard to believe how fast she has grown up

Recital was wonderful! Megan did a beautiful job on her dance and smiled the entire time :goodvibes
family all brought her flowers and we then went to have chinese food for dinner together!

emotions hit Megan when we got home....sad recital is over and that her daddy wasn't there...we had a little cry and talked about Jim being there in spirit and in our hearts watching her and clapping as loud as he could :goodvibes

Kathy, it very nice they family comes to support her :goodvibes
thanks Liz, so hard to believe how fast she has grown up

Recital was wonderful! Megan did a beautiful job on her dance and smiled the entire time :goodvibes
I know she was wonderful! :goodvibes
family all brought her flowers and we then went to have chinese food for dinner together!
So happy your family was there to support her. Ours wouldn't come to any of the performances today....:sad2:
emotions hit Megan when we got home....sad recital is over and that her daddy wasn't there...we had a little cry and talked about Jim being there in spirit and in our hearts watching her and clapping as loud as he could :goodvibes

That is so very hard...I would take Pete being there over any of my extended family and I know you feel the same. I am SO SORRY you and Megan have to endure this! I can only imagine how many days you both must feel this way. I am truly sorry! :hug::grouphug::hug:

That is so very hard...I would take Pete being there over any of my extended family and I know you feel the same. I am SO SORRY you and Megan have to endure this! I can only imagine how many days you both must feel this way. I am truly sorry! :hug::grouphug::hug:

thank you sweetie :goodvibes

I am so glad that Megan had a beautiful recital.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for all of you to miss Jim on such important occasions... Please know that we all love you and think of you as family... Which may (or may not) bring you comfort. Jim left behind 2 amazingly strong and beautiful women - I don't know how you do it - but your strength and love for eachother is deeply apparent in everything you do, and I know it must carry you through on the hardest of days. (((Many hugs my friend)))

On a side note, I just wanted to thank you again for the birthday card yesterday... It was so sweet and perfectly Donald - I just loved it and it made my day! I don't know how you keep track of all these birthdays? I am so horrible at that! But thank you dear friend! (((Hugs)))

D~

hey I've been good...lately!

here's Megan from last night...rehearsal went great, can't wait to see the performance tomorrow!

IMG_0121.jpg

I just love her costume.

I am so glad that Megan had a beautiful recital.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for all of you to miss Jim on such important occasions... Please know that we all love you and think of you as family... Which may (or may not) bring you comfort. Jim left behind 2 amazingly strong and beautiful women - I don't know how you do it - but your strength and love for eachother is deeply apparent in everything you do, and I know it must carry you through on the hardest of days. (((Many hugs my friend)))

On a side note, I just wanted to thank you again for the birthday card yesterday... It was so sweet and perfectly Donald - I just loved it and it made my day! I don't know how you keep track of all these birthdays? I am so horrible at that! But thank you dear friend! (((Hugs)))

D~

thank you D~ :goodvibes
know we have such support "family" here helps us through the hard days

happy you liked your card...saved it specially for you from a swap group!
I keep track in my DIS address book, just put the bdays next to everyone's name when I find them out!

I just love her costume.

thanks Chiara, we loved it too...was so pretty when they danced!

we had a tough afternoon...Megan was still so sad that recital was over and missing Jim SO much...we had lots of tears and cuddles throughout the afternoon and evening...hate seeing her in such pain, let her sleep with me and she did sleep soundly which is good, I was afraid she would have some bad dreams so I didn't sleep well keeping an eye on her...hoping she is feeling better today...

not going to do too much today, might just work on some swap stuff then hang with my girl when she gets home from school.

we had a tough afternoon...Megan was still so sad that recital was over and missing Jim SO much...we had lots of tears and cuddles throughout the afternoon and evening...hate seeing her in such pain, let her sleep with me and she did sleep soundly which is good, I was afraid she would have some bad dreams so I didn't sleep well keeping an eye on her...hoping she is feeling better today...

not going to do too much today, might just work on some swap stuff then hang with my girl when she gets home from school.

Breaks my heart for you two. I can't even imagine.

Her costume is beautiful, she looks beautiful!

:hug:

I'm so sad for Megan -- I know she would have loved Jim's physical presence at her performance. Sadly there is likely nothing anyone can say to take away the pain. She is grieving in her own way and has ever right to cry as much as she needs to. Days like this show what a truly wonderful man and father Jim is.

:hug::hug::hug: to Megan, and to you. It must be so difficult. I hope she feels better today.

Breaks my heart for you two. I can't even imagine.

Her costume is beautiful, she looks beautiful!

I'm so sad for Megan -- I know she would have loved Jim's physical presence at her performance. Sadly there is likely nothing anyone can say to take away the pain. She is grieving in her own way and has ever right to cry as much as she needs to. Days like this show what a truly wonderful man and father Jim is.

:hug::hug::hug: to Megan, and to you. It must be so difficult. I hope she feels better today.

thank you for the :hug: Tink, Andrea and Kathy :goodvibes

Megan was still not feeling great this morning and wanted to stay home....I made her go to school since I knew it was best and would give her something else to occupy her mind.

thank you for the :hug: Tink, Andrea and Kathy :goodvibes

Megan was still not feeling great this morning and wanted to stay home....I made her go to school since I knew it was best and would give her something else to occupy her mind.

I hope her school day went great! When is her last day of school?

How do you think she will do this summer on your southern trip visiting all those places in remembrance of Jim?

I hope her school day went great! When is her last day of school?

How do you think she will do this summer on your southern trip visiting all those places in remembrance of Jim?

didn't get a phone call so that's good...she gets out at 245!

last day of school is June 27th final countdown has started :banana:

I hope she will be okay with them....she's done well going back to other places we've been so far :goodvibes and she has no memories of any of the areas we are going to since she was so young when we lived there.

just made ressies for the hotel Jim and I got married at TheSalishLodge.com for the weekend of our 15th wedding anniversary - October 4th...going the 6th - 7th...want to celebrate it and where better than there with my girl :goodvibes

Dearest Lisa, I am so very sorry for the pain Megan is feeling so intensely now. I know every day is a challenge; however, special days when others have their Dad's have got to be very tough...and inconsolable at times. :hug::hug: I know added to that is your own pain.

I looked up the lodge, it looks so beautiful! Will you do a spa package? That is the first thing I spied, :lmao: after the day I have had I need a spa.

I know there isn't anything I can say to make things better. Just know I am praying for you both! And we are here to listen a much as you need us! :grouphug:

Dearest Lisa, I am so very sorry for the pain Megan is feeling so intensely now. I know every day is a challenge; however, special days when others have their Dad's have got to be very tough...and inconsolable at times. :hug::hug: I know added to that is your own pain.

I looked up the lodge, it looks so beautiful! Will you do a spa package? That is the first thing I spied, :lmao: after the day I have had I need a spa.

I know there isn't anything I can say to make things better. Just know I am praying for you both! And we are here to listen a much as you need us! :grouphug:

thank you sweetie :goodvibes
Megan is feeling much better...she actually told me when we got home she was happy I "made" her go to school!
we had a good talk and snuggle too :goodvibes

it is beautiful isn't it! we can't do a spa due to Megan's age, but can do the fancy pedi's :) and will be having their wonderful brunch on Sunday morning..
and hope the weather will be good so we can go down to the falls....the day we got married it was POURING so didn't get any outside photos :sad1:
I will take some photos of our wedding and get them posted...

sorry you had a rough day...hope the contractor got the ceiling mess all fixed!

thanks for always being here for us :goodvibes:goodvibes

Glad Megan had a wonderful rectial with lots of family in attendance. I can't imagine how she must feel. It seems Mom knows best and you always seem to give her what she needs to make her feel better.

I check out the Salish Lodge and it is beautiful. I would love to see some of your wedding pictures. That sounds like a great way to celebrate your anniversary. I'm sure you two girls will enjoy your fancy pedicures!

:hug: for you
:hug: for Megan
:hug: for you taking care of Megan

Glad Megan had a wonderful rectial with lots of family in attendance. I can't imagine how she must feel. It seems Mom knows best and you always seem to give her what she needs to make her feel better.

I check out the Salish Lodge and it is beautiful. I would love to see some of your wedding pictures. That sounds like a great way to celebrate your anniversary. I'm sure you two girls will enjoy your fancy pedicures!

:hug: for you
:hug: for Megan
:hug: for you taking care of Megan

thanks Liz :goodvibes I hope I'm doing the right thing by her ...

will take photos of my photos tomorrow....to cloudy right now the light is really bad...the pedi's do sound fancy! Megan's will be an "ice cream" themed so she should :love: it!

url]

This picture is priceless.... and YES she does look like an angel:goodvibes

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know! I had to look it up -- it's Couch to 5K in 9 weeks. Apparently a program that starts you walking with small intervals of running and eventually you are supposed to run a 5K :confused3 I'm not a fan of running so I didn't investigate it any further. Though yesterday I put on a pair of shorts I wore last year and there was no way I could even zip them up :sad1: Perhaps I should start running! Seriously, I am going to have to make the time to work out and walk again b/c I can't afford new clothes right now. Or maybe I could sew two pairs of my shorts together to make a skirt :rotfl2: Sorry, couldn't resist! I promise I am not making fun of you and your sewing and I :love: both the $15 :-)scared:) per pair shorts that lasted a few hours and the skirt and am thrilled you repurposed them in such a cute way.

Thanks for the info.... I hate running too.:rolleyes1

LOL... yes I know I was crazy when I bought that fabric.:confused: You should have seen my face when DS took them off and I saw how shredded they were and this was our first day.:scared1: I was afraid all my clothes were going to be falling off my kids. Luckily it was only those two sets of shorts that did that:scared:

url]

This picture is priceless.... and YES she does look like an angel:goodvibes

Thanks for the info.... I hate running too.:rolleyes1

LOL... yes I know I was crazy when I bought that fabric.:confused: You should have seen my face when DS took them off and I saw how shredded they were and this was our first day.:scared1: I was afraid all my clothes were going to be falling off my kids. Luckily it was only those two sets of shorts that did that:scared:

thanks Michelle :goodvibes

some of our wedding photos

my daddy and me walking down the aisle...

P1110802.jpg

P1110800.jpg

P1110801.jpg

first dance....notice Jim's shoes...his signature shoes and had to wear them!
P1110803.jpg

the falls view from our room

P1110804.jpg

since it poured down rain we didn't get photos on our wedding day outside....the next day was beautiful , we did get this one, but couldn't go down the trail to the falls due to all the rain

P1110805.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter