A Contemporary Halloween - Oct 2012 PTR -- updated 6/24

Hi!! also followed over from my PTR/October 2012 thread!!

Welcome!

DH was kind of thrown off at the idea of moving to CR. He thinks its just really...well, ugly. I told the same thing, it was a very iconic resort. He's fine with the idea now and he loves the close proximity to MK & Epcot.

We are starting out at BLT. I've always thought the CR was ugly LOL but can't beat walking to MK! So we're trying it out! Next trip I think will be WL, as DH loves the themeing there. I don't like having to fold up the stroller since their boat is smaller, though. The monorail will be SO nice too!

We'll help each other through! :rotfl2: I think the October thread is going to be full of posts saying 'OMG, is Jan/Feb over yet??'

LOL this will certainly be true for me, at least January!! I'm due Feb 6th, and once Christmas passes I think the final 5 weeks is going to so by way too slowly.

Hi!! also followed over from my PTR/October 2012 thread!!

We are starting out at BLT. I've always thought the CR was ugly LOL but can't beat walking to MK! So we're trying it out! Next trip I think will be WL, as DH loves the themeing there. I don't like having to fold up the stroller since their boat is smaller, though. The monorail will be SO nice too!

I love the idea of taking the monorail. Since we are only going to MK & Epcot, it just seemed like the right thing to do by moving there. I didnt know about the boat being smaller at WL. Will need to remember to fold the stroller up when we go back next Christmas. I think we may do dinner at WC one night.

LOL this will certainly be true for me, at least January!! I'm due Feb 6th, and once Christmas passes I think the final 5 weeks is going to so by way too slowly.

Those last few weeks will probably seem like an eternity...unless baby decides to come early. Then those first few months will all fly by once baby gets here.

301 days to go! So excited to almost be out of the 300's!!

And on another note,

365 days until our Christmas trip!! Yea!

Things have been so hectic lately with the holidays quickly approaching. We still have shopping to do. We have family to go visit on Christmas Eve, then family coming to our house Christmas day. Somewhere along the way we have to do lots of food prep and did I mention Christmas shopping :scared1:

I am going nuts reading all the MNSSHP/F&W TR and now beginning to read Christmas TR...I feel like there is so much I want to plan, but cant yet b/c of how far out the trips still are.

I really want to start our Christmas PTR, but I am trying to hold off a little longer :rotfl:

Those last few weeks will probably seem like an eternity...unless baby decides to come early. Then those first few months will all fly by once baby gets here.

Very true! I'll be on pins and needles by the end of Jan!

301 days to go! So excited to almost be out of the 300's!!

And on another note,

365 days until our Christmas trip!! Yea!

Things have been so hectic lately with the holidays quickly approaching. We still have shopping to do. We have family to go visit on Christmas Eve, then family coming to our house Christmas day. Somewhere along the way we have to do lots of food prep and did I mention Christmas shopping :scared1:

I am going nuts reading all the MNSSHP/F&W TR and now beginning to read Christmas TR...I feel like there is so much I want to plan, but cant yet b/c of how far out the trips still are.

I really want to start our Christmas PTR, but I am trying to hold off a little longer :rotfl:

Yay! You should be under 300 now!! Hope you have a fantastic christmas!

Ok, ok...change of gears here. I know this PTR is about our Oct trip, but with us in the tail end of the holiday season, I am super excited about our trip next Dec. :santa:

We will be going back to WDW Dec 20-27, 2012. Staying at...

Boardwalk Inn

We are staying in a Deluxe Club level room. We will also have the DxDP (yes, I know...tons of food, but its what DH and I agreed upon). We will be doing mostly TS restraunts with lots of character meals for the kids. The kids will be 3, 4, 9 and 11. We are "upping" Harper's age to 10 so she can eat off the adult menu all week and not have to eat the same old chicken nuggets, pizza and spaghetti all week.

We will have 6 days in the parks. 2 at MK, 2 at AK, 1 at HS and 1 at Epcot. We are hoping to see the Candlelight Processional. Hunter is hoping to take part in Jedi Training Academy. Harper really wants to do CRT, so hopefully we can get an ADR there.

Our ADR date is mid June, but I already have a pretty good handle on where we want to eat.

UPDATED INFO as of Feb 10...new dates...Dec 18-27!! We added 2 days onto the beginning!!

357 days to go!! :santa:

In other news, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Its hard to believe that the New Year is right around the corner. 293 days to go until Oct trip. I am playing around with what I want to do on that trip. I am trying to decide if Epcot should be on Thursday or Friday. Remember, we only have 2 park days. I am still pretty much set on doing 2 MNSSHP nights. I am just trying to figure out if going to F&W will be much less crowded on a Thursday as opposed to a Friday. :confused3

Oh well, still have time to figure it all out. Just need to have a concrete plan by our ADR date in mid April.

Now you're making me want to stay at the BW...so pretty :)

If it helps, Epcot is a 'best park' for both of those days so you can't go wrong with either one. The crowd calendar has it at a 1. :thumbsup2

If it helps, Epcot is a 'best park' for both of those days so you can't go wrong with either one. The crowd calendar has it at a 1. :thumbsup2

I've been looking at the crowd calendars too. I was hoping the numbers would take into account F&W, but from what I read it doesnt...so, :confused3

We probably wont ride anything besides Soarin & Test Track and then head over to WS as soon as it opens. I dont know...

Couldn't help yourself huh?Had to throw in your December trip too! Hahaha. Just kidding... I loved it!

I hope we can afford to do MNSSHP atleast once on our trip- although we are excited at our remaining balance and feel a lot more confident then we did!! :cool1:

What is this crowd calander?? And how do I get one?!?

I've been looking at the crowd calendars too. I was hoping the numbers would take into account F&W, but from what I read it doesnt...so, :confused3

We probably wont ride anything besides Soarin & Test Track and then head over to WS as soon as it opens. I dont know...

Are you using the Touring Plans calendar? I'm pretty sure they take F&W into consideration. During the week, F&W isn't crazy but on the weekends & during the first week is a whole different story.

What is this crowd calander?? And how do I get one?!?

I use the one on touringplans.com I had to pay a yearly subscription to access it but if you wanna know, just ask ;)

Are you using the Touring Plans calendar? I'm pretty sure they take F&W into consideration. During the week, F&W isn't crazy but on the weekends & during the first week is a whole different story.

I use the one on touringplans.com I had to pay a yearly subscription to access it but if you wanna know, just ask ;)

you should definitely check how my days are looking!! I would love you forever and ever!

I am using Touring Plans. I thought I read on their website that the Epcot crowd predictions did not include F&W crowds, but just for the park in general and waits for rides. I hope I am totally wrong about that.

I am using Touring Plans. I thought I read on their website that the Epcot crowd predictions did not include F&W crowds, but just for the park in general and waits for rides. I hope I am totally wrong about that.

They do take it into consideration. They say F&W effects crowd levels but not necessarily wait times because a lot of people go specifically for the F&W events and skip the attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter