• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9 night Greek Isles

Crete sounds interesting and I think it is cheaper. We really wanted Dubrovnik, that's why we are going to skip the 13th one.

Last edited:
Crete sounds interesting and I think it is cheaper. We really wanted Dubrovnik, that's why we are going to skip the 13th one.
Dubrovnik is INCREDIBLE. I stopped there on a 2-week Mediterranean cruise about 15 years ago and it was my favorite port of the whole trip (which also included Messina, hence my direct comparison). Hopefully I'll get back there someday. You'll love it.

I was told the cruiser basically ruin it, so there is that part. Maybe in June it isn't quite as bad. Regardless, I use cruise ports like an appetizer. If I like it, I will take the time to go back later. I know I won't be going back Marseille or Genoa :)

I know I won't be going back Marseille or Genoa :)
I'm not eagerly anticipating a return to either of those ports myself LOL although to be fair I didn't spend any time IN those cities as my port adventures took me to other places those days. Sounds like I didn't miss much, and what I *did* see I certainly don't need to see again. I'm especially thankful that DCL is offering these Greece itineraries because I've always wanted to go there AND I was afraid my friend who plans to join me (different friend from last summer) would want to do the same Med cruise I've already done. These trips are great but I don't need to keep going back to the exact same cities over and over. It's a win win!

I'm not eagerly anticipating a return to either of those ports myself LOL although to be fair I didn't spend any time IN those cities as my port adventures took me to other places those days. Sounds like I didn't miss much, and what I *did* see I certainly don't need to see again. I'm especially thankful that DCL is offering these Greece itineraries because I've always wanted to go there AND I was afraid my friend who plans to join me (different friend from last summer) would want to do the same Med cruise I've already done. These trips are great but I don't need to keep going back to the exact same cities over and over. It's a win win!

Same here. I always like to spend 2-3 days at the port prior. Since I already did Rome last year, I have to figure out where I should fly into next year.

St Remy was cute, but its a one day trip. Arles was interesting too, but one day trip IMO.

We went up to the villages above Nice, that was super fun.

Price is up only $100 from yesterday

The 11 night icelandic cruise is even more this year

2019 is a longer cruise (by 1 day) and a better itinerary than 2020, so I'm not surprised if 2020 will cost less, even with the "DCL inflation" we are all seeing.

If we keep going to it, they will keep going up. With all the complaining, they seem to be selling well regardless :(

The 11 night icelandic cruise is even more this year
The 2019 cruise is a month earlier, as well as being a day longer. July cruises are more expensive than August ones...I can't wait until I can book late August/September cruises, lol.

Same here. I always like to spend 2-3 days at the port prior. Since I already did Rome last year, I have to figure out where I should fly into next year.
I recommend Venice if you've never been there. It's something to see and, from what I've heard, an easy train ride from Rome. Disney cruises don't seem to be stopping there anymore even though it would make A LOT more sense for the Greek Isles cruises to start in Venice than in Rome.

I recommend Venice if you've never been there. It's something to see and, from what I've heard, an easy train ride from Rome. Disney cruises don't seem to be stopping there anymore even though it would make A LOT more sense for the Greek Isles cruises to start in Venice than in Rome.

I think it's easier for them to go to Rome because they are repositioned there from the previous Med cruise and then the Med cruise after is also from Rome.
But I agree. We've been to Rome twice and Venice only once and we'd prefer to sail from Venice.

Venice probably has the best sail-in/out of all European ports. (Valletta would be my second pick.)

The reason Disney can't easily go to Venice is that the port is an MSC/NCL/RCL stronghold. They have multi-year agreements in place for most of the berths, and the port itself has little intention of expanding due to the numerous cruise-related flooding complaints.

I recommend checking out NCL Star/Dawn sailing out of Venice for the best itinerary. Or RCL's Rhapsody. You can combine either with a subsequent DCL cruise to get your fix. You might still come out ahead!

Venice in summer time is out of control, but I will see what I can find as far as tickets. I am always on the look out for deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter