7 Days of Disneymoon Dining on the DDP--- COMPLETED

Marrakesh (dinner) ADR 6:30 Arrive 6:30 Seated 6:30

Atmosphere Rating: 3
The belly dancer was pretty cool. The restaurant was very loud. The decor was neat, lots of tile work.

Service Rating: 1.5
We had terrible service. Our meal was very rushed we were in and out within 30 minutes. Our server was poor with refills and did not seem interested in us at all. A very unpleasant experience overall.

Food Rating: DH: 3 Me: 3

DH's Meal

Appetizer: 2
Jasmina Salad - an assortment of fresh vegetables served on a bed of lettuce
Review: Consisted of iceberg lettuce, grocery store quality red onions, some blue cheese crumbles, and a watery vingarette dressing. Not exciting or good at all.

Entree: 3.5
Night in Casablanca - Roast Lamb Meshoui, Chicken Kebab, and Seafood Bastilla and vegetable couscous
Review: Decent but overcooked chicken kebabs. Seafood bastilla was okay, the best thing on the plate. The lamb was very fatty and not very flavorful. The vegetalbe couscous was unmemborable.

Dessert: 1.5
Marrakesh Delight - fresh fruit salad topped with mint ice cream, toasted almonds and orange blossom water
Review: There was nothing fresh about the fruit salad it tasted canned. The mint icecream was just regular mint chocolate chip icecream and the orange blossom water was overly sweet and syrupy.

My Meal

Appetizer: 3
Chicken Bastilla - baked layers of thin pastry stuffed with minced chicken and almonds, sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar
Review: Very large in size. If you do not like sweet and savory dishes this is not for you. It was okay but I only ate about a 1/4 of it. The chicken was mostly dark meat which I do not care for and there was A LOT of cinnamon included.

Entree: 1.5
Chicken Kebabs - grilled brochettes of chicken breast marinated in Moroccan herbs and spices
Review: Usually I LOVE chicken kebabs, but not these. The chicken and veggies were overcooked and very over spiced. It was as if they took chicken and dumped a ton of spices on it and abracadbra it was supposed to be morrocan food. Yuck. The side of rice was ice cold and had small bits of processed veggies mixed it. Definitely my most disappointing entree of the entire trip.

Dessert: 3
Moroccan Symphony - Assorted pastries
Review: The assorted pastries consisted of two different kinds of baklava and a nasty macaroon. The baklava was pretty good, but nothing to write home about it.

Would We Return?
NO WAY!!!

Great start to the reviews!

Turkey legs: Thanks for that review. You never see reviews of the turkey legs. I'm not sure I'm up to it, but hubby may be interested in having lunch there...especially if they have Doritos.

Boma: We have an ADR here for our 2nd night. I'm looking forward to it. Hubby is a bit hesitant, but since he's ok with trying new things, he's ok. The carrot, pineapple, coconut salad...is it heavy on the carrots? I'm intrigued. I love the other two, but do not like carrots.

You probably would not like the salad. It had quite a few shredded carrots in it, but you should try it anyways... it was REALLY tasty!

Tusker House (lunch)- CS at AK

Food Rating: Me- 7 DH- 5.5

What I ordered:
-1/2 Rotisserie Chicken served with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables
-carrot cake
-large light lemonade

Rating: I really enjoyed my meal here. The chicken was well seasoned and very juicy. The mashed potatoes were very creamy and tasty, next time I would order them without the gravy though. I enjoyed my green beans. The carrot cake was pretty good, but again nothing special.

What DH ordered:
-Grilled Salmon served with jollof rice and seasonal vegetables
-cheesecake
-large diet coke

Rating: Salmon was okay, but not exactly as good as he was expecting (his expectations might have been a little high for a CS). A little bland tasting. The rice and green beans were tasty. The cheesecake was prepackaged and just okay.

Would We Return?
Yes. We are excited to try it once it turns into a TS.

Toy Story Pizza Planet (dinner)- CS at MGM

Food Rating: Me- 6 DH- 6

What I ordered:
-Buzz's Meal Deal - Individual Cheese Pizza, with Garden Salad
-Mickey's Crisped Rice Treat
-large light lemonade

Rating: The pizza was well prepared. I really liked the crust, it was chewy and soft. The salad was good. I loved the mickey head rice crispy treat, it was adorable and tasty.

What DH ordered:
-Woody's Meal Deal - Individual Pepperoni Pizza with Garden Salad
-chocolate chip cookie
-large diet coke

Rating: The pizza was pretty good. The prepackaged salad was exactly what you would expect. The chocolate chip cookie was fresh and chewy.

Would We Return?
Sure

I wish Tusker House would stay a CS just a little longer. I'd been hoping to try it, but it will be TS by the time we arrive, so we won't be dining there.

We went to Pizza Planet last year and really enjoyed it as a quick, filling lunch. It's not gourmet, but it's just plain good pizza.

Columbia Harbor House (lunch)- CS at MK

Food Rating: Me- 7 DH- 4.5

What I ordered:
-Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato
-potato chips
-Apple Crisp
-large light lemonade

Rating: I really enjoyed my tuna sandwich. It was very fresh tasting and had just the right amount of mayo. The chips were kettle cooked which I like. The apple crisp was not pre-packaged and very yummy. I would definitely get it as my dessert option here again.

What DH ordered:
-Captain's Special - Fried Chicken Strips and Fish - Served with French Fries
-Chocolate Cake
-large diet coke

Rating: Two good sized chicken strips and two large pieces of fish, so there was plenty of food. Good tasty fried food. The chocolate cake was again pre-packaged and just okay.

Would We Return?
Yes.

Chefs de France (dinner) ADR 8:00 Arrive 7:40 Seated 8:20

Atmosphere Rating: 5
It was crowded inside and kind of loud. We were able to watch Illuminations from our table though, which was neat.

Service Rating: 2.5
Our waiter gave us classic "DDP" service. He did not seem concerned with us at all and was hard to get a hold of if we needed something. Everything seemed to be a bother to him and we do not think he brought the correct dessert for DH.

Food Rating: DH: 5 Me: 3

DH's Meal

Appetizer: 6
Cassolette d'escargots de Bourgogne au beurre persille- casserole of escargots (snails) from Burgundy baked in parsley and garlic butter
Review: The highlight of the meal. DH really enjoyed the sauce, he said it was salty but it a good way.

Entree: 4.5
Grilled shrimp and scallop skewers with spinach flan (not on the allears menu)
Review: Okay. The sauce was not memorable. The seafood was slightly overcooked, not very tender. The spinach flan was lukewarm and bland tasting.

Dessert: 3
Tarte au chocolat, banane et noix de coco, sauce pralinee - Chocolate tart with banana and coconut, praline sauce with chocolate ice cream.
Review: DH ordered what is listed above, but that is not what he got. We are not sure what he got and it doesn't seem to be listed on allears, it was okay, but not what DH wanted. Unfortunately, the service was so bad we didn't have the opportunity to fix it.

My Meal

Appetizer: 2
Bisque de Homard - Lobster bisque
Review: This was not good at all. It tasted like it was scorched and had absolutely no lobster pieces in it. It was also very very salty. I ate a few bites and then pushed it away. DH agreed there was something off about it.

Entree: 3
Gratin de macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese
Review: I was really excited about this entree, but unfortunately once again was disappointed. Again, it was very salty and the flavor was not great. The noodles were also overdone and gummy tasty.

Dessert: 4
Creme Brulee - Vanilla Creme Brulee served with a Madeleine
Review: I did not order this, but our waiter brought it out anyways. He said it was because we were on our honeymoon, but we think it was so he would get a larger tip. It was okay. The brulee was very crispy and almost burnt around the edges.

Would We Return?
Maybe...

Congratulations on your wedding! Great and (interesting) dining reviews, especially Chef de France...sorry for a 'bad' experience. :goodvibes

Congratulations on your wedding! Great and (interesting) dining reviews, especially Chef de France...sorry for a 'bad' experience. :goodvibes

I was really excited about Chefs, after reading so many awesome reviews on the boards. I think we will give it another shot and try to chalk up our experience to our waiter and the kitchen having a bad night!

Chef Mickeys (breakfast) ADR 10:20 Arrived 10:15 Seated 10:25

Atmosphere Rating: 6.5
Colorful and festive. Loud, but that was to be expected since it was character breakfast and aimed at kids. DH was not a huge fan of the napkin dance, but I thought it was fun.

Service Rating: 5.5
Our server was nice. She was okay on the drink refills. She helped us out by taking our pictures with the characters a few times.

Food Rating: DH 7 Me 7

DH- Really enjoyed the cold section, especially the salmon wraps with capers. The bacon and sausage was fine. He enjoyed the mickey waffles and the fact there were small dishes to put your syrup in. The bacon and cheese potatoes were almost too cheesy. Goofy's veggie lasagna was pretty good. The challah french toast and cheese blintz were also yummy.

Me- I enjoyed the french toast and the scrambled eggs. There was a good variety of fresh fruit available too. I also thought the bacon and cheese potatoes were way too cheesy. I also liked the fact that the bacon was crispy and not overly greasy.

Would We Return?
Yes!

Kona Cafe (dinner) ADR 6:30 Arrive 6:20 Seated 6:40

Atmosphere Rating: 6.5
We were seated right next to the railing separating us from the Poly lobby. It was a bit loud, but still nice. Good people watching.

Service Rating: 4.5
Our server, Marisol, was nice but again not around very much. It could have been a lot better.

Food Rating: DH: 7.5 Me: 6.5

DH's Meal

Appetizer: 7.5
Lump Crab Cakes - pan-seared lump crab cakes with Asian tartar and pineapple relish
Review: Very good. They were not your traditional crabcakes in shape, they were almost tower shaped. The sauces were really good. He also enjoyed the greens that came with the cakes.

Entree: 8.5
Char Crusted Filet Mignon - mashed yukon gold potatoes, asparagus and a 5-spice mushroom sauce
Review: It was really tasty. Cooked well and very tender. The sauce was good, the potatoes were yummy, and the asparagus was cooked perfectly. He liked everything on his plate!

Dessert: 7
Kilauea Torte - an explosion of warm liquid chocolate inside a brownie volcano
Review: It was good, but not as good as the chocolate wave at coral reef. he really liked the plating of the dessert.

My Meal

Appetizer: 8
Kona Salad- Mixed greens, Maytag blue cheese, fresh fruit, red onions, and smoked almonds with a citrus vinaigrette
Review: I ordered this without the onions and really enjoyed it. The fresh fruit was thinly sliced pears... yum! It had just the right amount of dressing on it, the greens were fresh, and there was plenty of blue cheese! The bread they served before dinner was also DELICIOUS!!!

Entree: 7
Char Crusted Filet Mignon - mashed yukon gold potatoes, asparagus and a 5-spice mushroom sauce
Review: My steak was cooked perfectly and was also very tender. I did not care for the mashed potatoes, I felt they were too peppery, but DH was happy to finish them for me. The asparagus was great!

Dessert: 5
Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart - chocolate tart shell with chunks of macadamia nut and chocolate served with vanilla ice cream and caramel rum sauce
Review: This was pretty good. I thought it was going to be served warm but it wasn't. It was very rich and large so I was only able to eat part of it. I think I would order something else next time.

Would We Return?
Oh Yeah!

Sunshine Seasons Foodcourt (lunch)- CS at Epcot

Food Rating: Me- 8 DH- 6

What I ordered:
-side order of mac and cheese
-grapes
-key lime pie
-light lemonade

Rating: I was really craving mac and cheese, so this was perfect for me. The mac and cheese was yummy and they gave you A LOT of it. I could not finish my bowl. The grapes were fresh and good. The key lime pie was AMAZING. It is so cool that you can pick any dessert from the bakery there... very very yummy.

What DH ordered:
-package of sushi: california rolls
-butterfinger cheesecake
-large diet coke

Rating: The sushi was pretty good for prepackaged sushi. The butterfinger cheesecake was good too.

Would We Return?
Yes, there is a lot of variety and a good value for your CS credit.

Le Cellier (dinner) ADR 4:00 Arrive 3:55 Seated 4:05

Atmosphere Rating: 9
The atmosphere was wonderful. It was quiet and romantic. We liked the cellar feel.

Service Rating: 10
Our server, Barry, was WONDERFUL. He offered great suggestions from the menu, he was excellent with drink refills, very nice to talk to. The best service we had all week!!! DH says it was the best service he has had in any restaurant for a long long time.

Food Rating: DH: 9 Me: 9.5

DH's Meal

Appetizer: 8
Steakhouse Caesar - romaine lettuce, parmesan-black pepper crisp, sour dough croutons, creamy Caesar dressing
Review: Large in size. The cesar dressing and croutons were good. The salad tasted fresh. He loved the parmesan-black pepper crisps.

Entree: 9.5
14 oz. New York Strip Steak - with balsamic red onions, watercress, and roasted Yukon gold potatoes, and finished with veal demi glace
Review: Great!!! Cooked perfectly, large is size, very little fat on the cut of meat. The veal demi glace was also yummy. The potatoes were cooked perfectly too.

Side Dish: 8
Creamed Spinach Gratinee
Review: Ordered separately (not part of DDP). Very cheesy, but delicious. We only ate part of it because it was so rich.

Dessert: 8.5
Creme Brulee Sampler - Maple Creme Brulee with caramelized maple sugar and cinnamon whipped cream; vanilla bean creme brulee with caramelized maple sugar and vanilla whipped cream
Review: Both sides were good, DH enjoyed the maple more, while I enjoyed the vanilla more. DH really liked the cinnamon whipped cream.

My Meal

Appetizer: 9.5
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - smoked bacon and Moosehead beer
Review: Wonderful!!! Again, this is hyped on the boards a lot, but I thought it was great. It was perfectly seasoned and very creamy. I loved dipping the breadsticks in it.

Entree: 10
Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon - Baby Bella wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce, topped with fried parsnips
Review: Amazing! This was the best entree I had all week. It was cooked perfectly and able to be cut with a fork. I loved the sauce and the mushroom risotto. I did not think the mushroom flavor was over powering, but I also love mushrooms. The fried parsnips were also a fun part of the meal. I would definitely order this again.

Dessert: 8.5
Chocolate "Moose" - chocolate mousse rolled in toasted chocolate crumbs with maple leaf antlers
Review: Adorable! It looked so cute when it came out and tasted great too! It was chocolatey without being over powering. A great end to the meal!

Would We Return?
Oh Yeah!

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory (breakfast)- CS at POFQ

Food Rating: Me- 5 DH- 3

What I ordered:
-Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
-Cran/Apple juice
-Chocolate milk

Rating: The breakfast sandwich was okay. The eggs were a bit runny. The bacon was good and the croissant okay.

What DH ordered:
-Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
-Orange juice
-Water

Rating: Was not impressed at all. The croissant was greasy. He only ate the bacon.

Would We Return?
Yes, but we would probably order something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter