7 Days of Disneymoon Dining on the DDP--- COMPLETED

Disneymoon

Mouseketeer
Sadly our trip is over, but we had some great dining experiences during our 7 day honeymoon to the world. We were on the DDP and really liked it, but did have credits left over (it is A LOT of food).

A little about our food preferences:

DH- Likes just about anything, especially if it is spicy. Willing to try new things. Likes all types of seafood, loves steak, will eat almost any veggie, not a huge fan of sweet entrees, but likes dessert. Also LOVES diet coke.

Me- Loves chicken, salmon, pasta, veggies, steak, soup, salads. Does not like things spicy. Willing to try new things to a certain point.

I hope you enjoy our reviews and please feel free to ask any questions. :wizard:

CS Restaurants
Catalina Eddies- MGM *pg 1
Toluca Turkey Company- MGM *pg 1
Tusker House- AK *pg 2
Toy Story Pizza Planet- MGM *pg 2
Columbia Harbor House- MK *pg 3
Sunshine Seasons- Epcot *pg 3
Sassalugao Food Court- POFQ *pg 3

TS Restaurants
Crystal Palace- MK (dinner) *pg 1
Boma- AKL (dinner) *pg 1
Coral Reef- Epcot (lunch) *pg 1
Restaurant Marrakesh- Epcot (dinner) *pg 2
Chefs de France- Epcot (dinner) *pg 3
Chef Mickeys- Contemporary (breakfast) *pg 3
Kona Cafe- Poly (dinner) *pg 3
Le Cellier- Epcot (dinner) *pg 3

We rated each component of the meal including; the food, the atmosphere, and the service, on a scale of 1-10. 1 being absolutely terrible and 10 being outstanding.

Enjoy :woohoo:

Crystal Palace (dinner) ADR 6:30 Arrived 6:10 Seated 6:45

Atmosphere Rating: 6
Our table was decorated with a heart made up of mickey head confetti when we were seated. It was loud but that was to be expected since it was a buffet and there were a lot of people getting up and down to eat. Pooh and Piglet made it around to see us and gave us a lot of attention even though we were a party of two adults. The arrangement of the buffet was set up well.

Service Rating: 5
Our server was friendly, but a bit slow with the drink refills and taking away our dirty plates. We did not leave an extra tip.

Food Rating: DH 5.5 Me 6.5
DH- Salads were decent, peel and eat shrimp were good, disappointed in seafood options, pastas (vegetable pasta and mediterranean chicken) were hearty enough to eat as a entree, prime rib was okay, liked the fire roasted spoon bread, curry mussels were good. Enjoyed the desserts a lot; carrot cake and key lime pie were good. Really enjoyed the tiramisu.

Me- Loved the garlic roasted mashed potatoes and the mac and cheese. Enjoyed the roasted turkey and many of the salads. The broc tossed in puri puri was also very tasty. I also loved the ancho chile rubbed salmon. It was almost sweet tasting and not fishy at all. The boston creme pie was good for dessert.

Would We Return?
Yes, but maybe for breakfast next time.

Today for lunch we ate at two different CS locations near ToT. DH ate at Toluca Turkey and I chose Catalina Eddies

Catalina Eddies (lunch)- CS at MGM

Food Rating: 6
What I ordered:
-cheese pizza with salad combo
-chocolate cake
-large light lemonade

The pizza was good, just the right amount of sauce and the cheese was browned well. The salad was crispy and fresh tasting. The chocolate cake was okay, just a prepackaged dessert.

Would We Return?
Probably, it was good, but nothing special.

Toluca Turkey Company (lunch) CS at MGM

Food Rating:
What DH ordered:
-turkey leg
-large bag of doritos
-large diet coke

DH enjoyed the turkey leg, it was really big. The dorito bag was also extra large, not your regular snack size bag. A dessert was not offered with this CS on the DDP.

Would We Return?
Yes, DH loves turkey legs.

I'm really anxious to hear more of your reviews since we are eating at some of the same restaurants on our Disneymoon in Dec!!!

Boma (dinner) ADR 7:30 Arrived 7:20 Seated 7:40

Atmosphere Rating: 6.5
It was not overly quiet inside the restaurant, but our table was a bit futher away from the food pods so our table was a little quieter. The general ambience was nice and AKL is really beautiful.

Service Rating: 5
Again our service was okay. Our waitress was friendly, but slow on drink refills and taking away our plates. She was also difficult to find if we needed something.

Food Rating: DH 6 Me 7.5
DH- Really enjoyed the humus, especially the olive one. Soup selections were good because there was a good variety and it was tasty. Lots of good salads to choose from, especially the grapefruit, avocado, and papaya salad. Disappointed in the prime rib and the salmon. Enjoyed the chicken and the sauces that went with the meats. Liked the mashed potatoes. Liked the sides but didn't feel they made up for the lack of entrees he liked. Did not like the pap at all. Lots of desserts with alcoholic as an ingredient and all were very good.

Me- Enjoyed the roasted chicken and the BBQ pork. Good selection of fresh fruits. Loved the potato soup. The fufu was great. Hummus was good and the bread served with it was great. The salmon was sweet and good. I really loved the carrot, pineapple, and coconut salad. The desserts were really good.

Would We Return?
Yes, definitely.

Coral Reef (lunch) ADR 11:30 Arrive 11:30 Seated 11:35

Atmosphere Rating: 7.5
Beautiful. We sat on the second tier. Since we were one of the first lunch seatings it was pretty quiet until the very end of our meal.

Service Rating: 8
Steve was one of our best servers. He refilled our drinks promptly, made sure we had plently of bread, and was nice to talk to.

Food Rating: DH: 7.5 Me: 9

DH's Meal

Appetizer: 6
Sea and Land- shrimp skewer and a beef kabob with polenta
Review: Pretty good, nothing special.

Entree: 8
Blackened catfish- served over pepper jack cheese grits, topped with smoked tomato compote, and drizzled with a balsamic glaze
Review: Excellent one of the best entrees he had the entire trip. Pretty spicy. Very good!

Dessert: 8
Jack Daniels Mousse- layered mousse with chocolate
Review: Very good. Nice finish to the meal. Large in size.

My Meal

Appetizer: 10+
Creamy Lobster Soup
Review: DELICIOUS!!! My favorite appetizer all week. The soup was creamy and had lots of lobster bits in it.

Entree: 6
Barbecued Salmon Sandwich - seared salmon filet served on a multi-grain bread, with housemade barbecue sauce and pepper jack cheese.
Review: I had this minus the cheese. It was served open-faced. The salmon was good but there was too much of it for me to finish. The BBQ sauce was very yummy as was the multigrain bread. It came with shoe string potato crisps which I did not care for because they were very salty and greasy.

Dessert: 10+
The Chocolate Wave - Warm dark chocolate with a white chocolate Grand Marnier center with chocolate ganache and white chocolate ice cream
Review: Unbelievable!!! This is hyped on the disboards a lot, but it is well deserved. Very very good! I wish I could have one right now...

Would We Return?
Oh yeah!!!

Great start to the reviews!

Turkey legs: Thanks for that review. You never see reviews of the turkey legs. I'm not sure I'm up to it, but hubby may be interested in having lunch there...especially if they have Doritos.

Boma: We have an ADR here for our 2nd night. I'm looking forward to it. Hubby is a bit hesitant, but since he's ok with trying new things, he's ok. The carrot, pineapple, coconut salad...is it heavy on the carrots? I'm intrigued. I love the other two, but do not like carrots.

I love that Chocolate Wave dessert too! It's one of the reasons we're going back to the Coral Reef this year.

Great reviews, can't wait for more!! We will be going to Boma and Coral Reef for the first time and I am super excited!

Great reviews, I would love to try Boma but DH says no way, too strange for him. Maybe I can talk him into it someday. Can't wait to hear the rest.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter