7/9/11 - Summer Magic in the Med

Hi everyone!

We are on this cruise!!:cool1: We were originally booked on the August one, but have had to change it as we want longer than 7 nights! This will be our second Disney cruise . . . we travelled on the Magic around the Western Caribbean last May . . . Can't wait!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

We are on this cruise!!:cool1: We were originally booked on the August one, but have had to change it as we want longer than 7 nights! This will be our second Disney cruise . . . we travelled on the Magic around the Western Caribbean last May . . . Can't wait!!!!!!

Is that a former Key Lime Pie-Rate I see there?! Hope you are doing well.

Sorry fellow cruisers, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, just life got in the way of everything. I'm hoping that I won't have to cancel this cruise. It's far enough away though that for now I will just wait and see what happens with life "stuff" for now.

Kim

Is that a former Key Lime Pie-Rate I see there?! Hope you are doing well.

Sorry fellow cruisers, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, just life got in the way of everything. I'm hoping that I won't have to cancel this cruise. It's far enough away though that for now I will just wait and see what happens with life "stuff" for now.

Kim

I hope nothing too bad is going on. I've actually been wavering on whether to keep the cruise too. Financially it might not make the best sense. I'm not going to make a decision until a lot closer, but I'm feeling less committed to the cruise than I was before.

Hey everyone! I hope y'all don't have to cancel this cruise. I hated canceling our Baltic cruise but sometimes life does get in the way of vacation plans.

Welcome Pooh's-Honey-Pot! I'm Melissa this will be our 4th cruise with DCL our first was when they went to the Med the first time so we've done some of this cruise before but are still really looking forward to it. I'm traveling with my mom and my brother all adults. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Melissa

i just put a deposit down this morning!! sooo excited!!

i have to do some reading, etc to satisfy my innter trip-planner. Then I will put aside for the summer, most likely. I will drive myself crazy if I obsessively trip plan for 14 months!

My daughter is leaving for Spain on Saturday, with her HS Spanish class. So she can scope out Barcelona for us!

We are family of 4; myself, DH and two DD who will be 18 and 14 on the cruise. This will be our 4th DCL, and my oldest will be able to go to Palo for the first time.

I'm a foodie :teeth: been wondering about menus, dining rotations for an 11-day but haven't been succesful in finding much online. I'm considering pre-ordering the next edition of the Passporter which will include Med. Any of you have a recent edition that includes the Med?

Welcome OhMom!!! It is early to be planning but somehow I just can not help myself. Thankfully I've got 2 WDW trips between now and then other wise I would be obsession about this and driving everyone in my family crazy. This will be our 2nd med cruise with Disney. We did it the first tiem they were over there and loved it.

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. It is finally nice and sunny here after four months of snow I'm glad for the warmer temps and the sunshine. Received our first bit of info from DCL about this cruise over the weekend. Can't believe our PIF date is less than a year away.

Melissa

Hi all! We've just booked this cruise so I thought I'd stop by and say hi :goodvibes. We just got back from our first disney cruise, a 5 night Bahamas on the Wonder and we booked this one on board. Originally we had planned on doing a 7 night to Alaska, but with the 20 percent discount they were offering this one actually turned out to be cheaper, so we thought 'why not?'.

Anyway, I should introduce myself. I'll be almost 15 at the time of the cruise and I'll be traveling with my parents who are... er... let's just say 25. I'm an obsessive trip planner, so it's like a dream come true that I have a year to plan (we booked our first cruise only a few months out, so I didn't have a whole bunch of time, but I did the best I could :goodvibes) We really enjoyed our first cruise, but we felt like it was a little short, so this should be great. The board for that cruise wasn't very busy, so I'm optimistic that there already seems to be quite a few people here. Hopefully we'll be able to get fish extenders set up, too.

Well, that's about it, I think. Less than a year!

Welcome Minniespec! Hopefully as we get closer to this cruise it will pick up @ here a little bit. This will be our 4th cruise and the second time we went to the Med with Disney. Loved the first med cruise and we are looking forward to some of the new ports of call with this one.

Melissa

Did you get 20% onboard discount instead of the usual 10% onboard discount for the July 9th, 2001 med cruise? When was your wonder cruise? Did they advertise the discount for this cruise on the booking station? What category are you booked in? Thanks and sorry for the multiple questions!

Hi all! We've just booked this cruise so I thought I'd stop by and say hi :goodvibes. We just got back from our first disney cruise, a 5 night Bahamas on the Wonder and we booked this one on board. Originally we had planned on doing a 7 night to Alaska, but with the 20 percent discount they were offering this one actually turned out to be cheaper, so we thought 'why not?'.

Anyway, I should introduce myself. I'll be almost 15 at the time of the cruise and I'll be traveling with my parents who are... er... let's just say 25. I'm an obsessive trip planner, so it's like a dream come true that I have a year to plan (we booked our first cruise only a few months out, so I didn't have a whole bunch of time, but I did the best I could :goodvibes) We really enjoyed our first cruise, but we felt like it was a little short, so this should be great. The board for that cruise wasn't very busy, so I'm optimistic that there already seems to be quite a few people here. Hopefully we'll be able to get fish extenders set up, too.

Well, that's about it, I think. Less than a year!

Did you get 20% onboard discount instead of the usual 10% onboard discount for the July 9th, 2001 med cruise? When was your wonder cruise? Did they advertise the discount for this cruise on the booking station? What category are you booked in? Thanks and sorry for the multiple questions!

Don't worry about the questions :). Yes, we did get the 20% instead of the 10% :woohoo:. Our Wonder cruise was from July 20th to July 25th, stopping at Key West, Nassau, and, of course, Castaway Cay. I don't recall them advertising the discount, I believe we were just told about it when we inquired about this cruise. To be honest, I don't know what catagory it is (but I know it's a nice room, because it's the same room we just stayed in :rotfl:)

Hi Jeff! How was the Baltic cruise. We hated to have to cancel but this one is now paid in full so short of a natural disaster we are going.

Even though we can not book them i am now agonizing over excursion decisions. Hey our Christmas trip is planned and I figured I needed something to stress over.

Melissa

The Baltic Cruise was amazing - probably my favorite so far. We focused our excursions on castles, palaces, and cathedrals. Saint Petersburg was my favorite port. The event at Catherine's Palace was great and the Peterhof was unbelievable.

Now it's time to focus on this one - right?

We just moved a dummy reservation we had to this cruise. We're excited because we have family coming with us. There are 9 of us total - maybe 10. My 23 year old is trying to talk a friend into joining us.

This will be our second pass in the Med. Our favorite port was Villefranche.

I'm building a website for this cruise. Let's get some ideas flowing here..... What is everyone most excited to see... to do?

awesome Montro! :thanks: These will be our family's first trip overseas on vacation, with the exception of my oldest DD school trip to Spain. My DH has traveled over the pond for business several times, and did a Eurpoean road trip type vacation almost 30 years ago! wow, that makes him sound old :teeth:

My youngest daughter is very into France. I'm just giddy to go see all those icons of other countries I've seen pictures of. The Leaning Tower of Pisa, Pompeii, the gorgeous beaches of Canne. I really haven't done much researching yet. I'm very glad that there are some repeat Med cruisers to help me with excursions.

i must SHOP!

I'm also curious on dining rotations/menus for an 11-day...

Our party will be me, my DW, and our 3 DD's ages 23, 18, and 16. We will be travelling with my DW's sister, her husband and their 2 DS's ages 19 and 16.

anyone who has cruised an 11-day .....do you know how much the Shutters photo CD costs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter