7/31/04 Rollcall

At this moment I think we are on early, although I'm answering this from memory. Will change my reply when I check the paperwork.

Does anyone have any plans or must do's, for the trip.

The ports of call happen to be the same as those we stoped on a family cruise for my mother in law's 75th birthday a couple of years ago - if the guy with the "jumping" cats is still performing in Key West, he's worth watching (and besides, he's on some hotel property so there's waiter service to get you drinks!) We took the little trolley bus tour and that was interesting. Lots of interesting history in Key West - we didn't go in for any of the night life - we let our babysitter (we hired on the ship - RCCL - we weren't on Disney) - go and enjoy the bars that evening as we had her for at least a couple of hours every other night on the cruise.

I want to do the stingray swim in Grand Cayman (everyone else in the family did this in 2000 but I was in charge of mother-in-law that day!) (We would recommend Captain Marvin's company - which is not booked through the cruise line). I wouldn't waste time with the turtle farm in Grand Cayman unless you want to see turtles (obviously) - much of the facility was damaged by a hurricane and I suppose it may have been rebuilt somewhat by now, but they turtles were just in big concrete pools of water - not very attractive, and didn't look particularly nice for the animals. The rum cake factory though is right next door (though you can buy the rum cakes most anywhere on the isaldn - if you want to have a bunch shipped, I think the factory is the place to go for the best selection of sizes and flavors.

Cozumel - might go to a beach (I'm too old for Carlos and Charlies - either that or I need a few cocktails before I go in so the loud music and "behavior" isn't quite so obnoxious to me - though many people have lots and lots of fun)

Any other DVCr's so far? We are, as well as one other family of the total four that are going from here. If so, did you use points, part points and part cash, or all cash? We did cash.

Yup,

We're DVC members too, we used part points / part cash. Used points for DW and myself, paid cash for DS.

This will be the second time we have used our points for the cruise.

Just getting passports organised and actually getting the dollars now as well seeing as the exchange rate is so good.

Let's keep this thread alive, our cruise is right around the corner!!!! WE ARE FINALLY WITHIN 200 DAYS!!!

Well,

My passport is away for renewal, have bought new tags for the luggage.

Have also read again, the navigators from my first cruise. Also been ploughing the web for info on the destinations. I guess it shows we're excited.

My son has watched our last cruide videos a couple of times as well to remind himself of what it was like.

For car parking do you think it's is best to use the parking at the hotel for the duration of the cruise or should I consider parking at the terminal?

Parking at the Port is guarded, but cost $70.00. Hotel parking is not guarded. I would go for the Port Authority parking, quick assess to your vehicle, and reasonable assurance that the car will be there when you return. You've heard about not leaving any food in the car while you're gone - right?

Wow, isn't the winter flying by with this great trip on the horizon!!! Any new sign-ups???

I'm here! I'm here! another 7/31/04 Western Cruiser! I'm so excited. There will be 9 of us.
My husband, 3 daughters (18, 13, and 10), son (20), stepdaughter, her husband and g-son 2 y/o. We are all so excited. This is our first cruise and can't wait.

We are on deck 5 - early seating.

Mandy

Welcome Innerpc! Glad to see we picked up another cruiser. Did you just book? & where ya from?
Bill

Hey Mandy! Welcome! I am bringing a DD20, DD17, and DD14! I hope our kids will hang out! Also, my DH and me! We are Deck 6, and late seating! It's just around the corner!!!:teeth:

Hi Mandy,

Again, Welcome. We are on deck 5 with late seating. Glad to see we are picking up more people. We want to have a big dis meet.

See you all soon.

Patti

Hi Mandy,

Just like to add my welcome to the list.
We are travelling just as a party of 3. DW, myself, and DS (7).

Hopefully we will make some friends on the trip.

We are also on the early seating, and also on Deck 5.

Looking forward to seeing you all onboard.

Hi all. Just booked our airfare. We are going down the day before. Anyone else? Where are you staying. We can do a mini meet the day before.

Just an update it is me, DH and DS11.

Sounds like deck 5 is going to be the party deck.

Are you who are on deck 5 forward or aft? We are in one of the secret porthole rooms. 5020.

Patti

We're flying in Thursday afternoon and will be at SSR until Saturday morning. 1 of the 3 other families cruising with us isn't flying in until Saturday morning, the other two are driving from Louisville, and I believe are staying at the hotels in Lake Buena Vista on Friday evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!