• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

7/31/04 Rollcall

Hey Scott, a second welcome to you.

We did Disney eastern last year with our then 9 year old. DH and I did RCL in 1998 to Bermuda and had a great time. I really got hooked with that one. DH cruised many times before we got married. We are totally hooked and so is our DS.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Patti

We have only been on the DCL, never tried any others yet. I'm not even sure I would want to after our DCL experiences. We will arrive on the 30th July from the UK, not decided where we will stay yet. After the cruise we will stay 7 nights at Disney Boardwalk.

Really can't wait I love the time I vacation in Florida, this year we were at St Petes Beach. All of us had a great time.

My only regret is that we stay to far away to make more than one visit a year, flights are looking very expensive for next year.

We are staying in a Cat 7 this time, hopefully we will meet new friends as we did last time.

Hey Scott! It's our 3rd 7-day (sailed Eastern and Western before. We also did the 3-day in '99. We are totally hooked. We are also planning to arrive early and possibly visit WDW or another location in FL before the cruise.

Welcome tdsryan. We'll all keep in touch and learn more about everyone over the next 11 months.

Patti

Hey DISers! We're up to 5! Keep 'em coming!!!!!!

Up to 5 already and we still have 322 days to go. We should have quite a crowd of Diser's before we go.

Wow, up to over 24 replies! And, 5 families out of what, 877 staterooms. We're moving along now. I was doing okay until I saw the 322 day comment, geeze I've got alot of houses to sell between now and then. Just looking at the Stateroom Celebration items, I've already spent $400 and not even onboard yet. LOL

Bill

At this point, I'll settle for breaking 300 days!!!

Just received our booking confirmation from DVC, Deck 5, Cat 7, early dinner seating - can't remember the cabin number, will post that later when I get home.

I'm sure the time will fly past, and will soon be time for packing.

WTG Scott, anyone else signing on.....................?????????????????

This is great, this is when I want to cruise, but I have not been able to find a listing of sail dates available July/Aug2004.

Please answer this: How did you book cruise, do you feel you have the best deal, and what happens if prices drop a little between now and then? I also will want to get travel insurance in case of a sick kid, did you get that as well?

We have never cruised before, and we are so excited to have finally decided when we were able to go. Now I just need to surf around to make sure I have found the right sail dates.

One more thing...do any of you rent a car in Orlando then drive to Port Canaveral, then turn your car back in for the week you are cruising? Then pick one up after the cruise to get back to the Orlando airport? I think we want to go to the parks first then cruise, so how do you get around?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

:)

Welcome Iowa Girl,
As for dates, just go to disneycruise.com and go either to "make a reservation", or "rates & dates". That will give you the specific cruises available and sailing dates for each. I'd also suggest you order the cruise video while on disneycruise.com.

We booked through All Seasons Travel (allseastravel.com) and at the time of inquiry they had by far the best prices. They will rebate you if the cruise for some unlikely reason should ever go down in price. Earlier you book the less money.

As for rental cars, I don't know where you could turn the car back in at Port Canaveral. There may be someplace I haven't noticed. Also, I've read other posters discuss one person driving the rental vehicle back to MCO and taking a shuttle back alone. I think this was families that drove down, rather than flying however.

Glad to see you're excited as a first time cruiser - you should be!
Bill

As we travel from the UK we usually book the rental car for the whole two weeks and leave it at the terminal, works out better for us that way.

Next year we are cruising first then staying the week at Disney Boardwalk.

We tend not to take the Cruise lines insurance as we are pretty well covered with our own personal insurance.

Again the dates are accesible from the cruise line website, we booked through Disney Vacation Club using a combination of points and cash. I think that if the cash price was to drop that would just be tough luck for us.

Have a blast at BW. We stayed there this summer and had a great time!! Good choice!!

Hi all. Welcome to the new comers, glad to see we are catching more people along the way.

Last year we booked through a local travel agent, this year I shopped around a bit and found that AAA had the best rates for us. I have dealt with Celeste there and she has been reall good about answering questions.

Also last year we took Disney transfers from Orlando to the port but rented from Avis from the port to Orlando. The rental office used to be at the Radisson and the shuttle took you back and forth. They have since moved down the street from the Radisson and they still have a shuttle.

Good luck Iowagirl, hope you make it on with us. Shop around and get a good deal.

Patti

I might be getting a friend and her family to join us next summer.....WML!!!

jalwall, I hope you get your friends to go. It will be fun to have a big group. We have another family that is going but their computer is not working so they aren't responding here. We met them on our cruise last August and have become very good friends. Sadly out of the 16 families we met on the Dis board last year they are the only ones we became good friends with.

Hope it goes better on this next cruise.

Patti

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter