5th Park inevitable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful, I couldn't have said it better.

I would love to hear the stuff Bob Iger and the board turn down. Some of the best stuff (Dark Domain/Kingdom, Beastly Kingdom) never actually got passed the drawing board.
Beastly Kingdom was under Eisner and that’s because AK was way over budget like most Disney projects.

What about the Tron Coaster and Ratatouille ride I predicted when I was disneysource? Put that in your pipe.

Those were both no brainer things that could be lucky guesses and were also things that other had reported. And even though you did mention Tron, you said it would replace the speedway which it won't.

I'm just reporting what I hear from a reliable source. Most people will not even hear about the stuff they're talking about behind closed doors. Just like with most things it is all early spitballing.

I don't believe your source is reliable. There are people on these and other boards who proven time and time again that they have internal connections. If projects like this were being seriously considered, they would know about it. Also, if this truly is just spitballing, then you should present it as such and not try to make people believe it's actually going to happen.

I don't believe your source is reliable. There are people on these and other boards who proven time and time again that they have internal connections. If projects like this were being seriously considered, they would know about it. Also, if this truly is just spitballing, then you should present it as such and not try to make people believe it's actually going to happen.

I don't know what you're talking about. I've always said they are ideas being talked about behind closed doors. 95% or so of the rumors on the internet will never happen. It would be like you saying to a Weatherman/woman "Hey why didn't you predict that snowstorm in 10 years."

I don't know what you're talking about. I've always said they are ideas being talked about behind closed doors. 95% or so of the rumors on the internet will never happen. It would be like you saying to a Weatherman/woman "Hey why didn't you predict that snowstorm in 10 years."
Many of your "reports" don't make much sense. For example, the idea that Disney would build "sister parks" at WDW. If you look at the map of suitable and unsuitable areas, there's almost no way to build a new park next to one of the existing parks so that they share infrastructure. It would be far more economical to build a new park with infrastructure in a suitable area.

Many of your "reports" don't make much sense. For example, the idea that Disney would build "sister parks" at WDW. If you look at the map of suitable and unsuitable areas, there's almost no way to build a new park next to one of the existing parks so that they share infrastructure. It would be far more economical to build a new park with infrastructure in a suitable area.

Try using Google Earth, tell your mom or dad to go to Google and than the maps section. Each of the parks has space next to it honey.

Try using Google Earth, tell your mom or dad to go to Google and than the maps section. Each of the parks has space next to it honey.
They all have space but not all space suitable for building things and certainly not enough suitable space for 4 more parks next to the current 4 with the same layouts.

Plus they also have the conservation percentage issue.

Last edited:
Space near the parks

Magic Kingdom - has room on the left of it, near Frontierland
Epcot - has room on the other side of Epcot Drive, their would have to be a walkway that goes over the road
Hollywood - has room on the other side of World Drive, again an overpass walkway would be needed
Animal - seems to have the most space on the right of it

With due respect no you don't. You stated clearly X was happening, not I heard this was being discussed. I love to hear all the talk, and I am sure as you have pointed out that a ton of stuff is thrown on the wall, and most not done. That being said, its one thing to report this is happening and another to report hey heard this as some discussion. Just honest feedback

If they can build Magic Kingdom on swamp land they can build others as well. It's 2019, if a sheik in Dubai can make private islands in the middle of the ocean picture what Disney can do.

If they can build Magic Kingdom on swamp land they can build others as well. It's 2019, if a sheik in Dubai can make private islands in the middle of the ocean picture what Disney can do.
Yes they can but then they have to offset land elsewhere and it’s more costly to build on less suitable land than land that already is suitable.

My opinion on this is IF a 5th gate is built, I think a stand alone spot makes more sense.
I think if and when it happens, Disney sees a bigger value in having resorts near the park. It's their biggest selling point. So you will either see the park built near a cluster of already existing resorts, where they can then build more lodging, or it would be in a spot where they could surround it with new resort accommodations. They'll want to sell that deluxe resort access.
The one suitable place that can make a lot of sense is the old airport plot, that is along the epcot monorail line. The suitability map shows it's suitable. It's close to existing lodging at Wilderness and that new river country one. Cannibalize more camping in favor of traditional lodging. You have a spot for a monorail stop. You still have access to the mega parking for MK.
I think it has to be the spot, otherwise I think they would have already built a resort there.

For Beastly Kingdom it would be a similar layout to its sister park Animal Kingdom. With a mix of real and fantasy animals throughout the property. Again nothing is close to happening, it is just being discussed.

Egypt (Africa), Australia (Asia), a Star Wars Planet (Dinoland), Fantasia Garden (Pandora), a Dragon section (Discovery Island)

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

Last edited:
For Beastly Kingdom it would be a similar layout to its sister park Animal Kingdom. With a mix of real and fantasy animals throughout the property. Again nothing is close to happening, it is just being discussed.

Egypt (Africa), Australia (Asia), a Star Wars Planet (Dinoland), Fantasia Garden (Pandora), a Dragon section (Discovery Island)

Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.
Just curious why if the theme would be beastly kingdom they would include current areas as well as mythical? Or are they focused on mythical creatures in those lands like Sphynx in Egypt?

Just curious why if the theme would be beastly kingdom they would include current areas as well as mythical? Or are they focused on mythical creatures in those lands like Sphynx in Egypt?

Yep, the pyramid ride will be one of the E-tickets in the park and will have Sphynx's and other legendary creatures. The land will have real animals as well though like Camels, Cobras and other desert animals.

Space near the parks

Magic Kingdom - has room on the left of it, near Frontierland
Epcot - has room on the other side of Epcot Drive, their would have to be a walkway that goes over the road
Hollywood - has room on the other side of World Drive, again an overpass walkway would be needed
Animal - seems to have the most space on the right of it

The Epcot and AK land you refer to is conservation land. Disney could build on if they really want to, but they are going to shy away from major development on conservation land if they can at all avoid it. As for DHS, west of World Drive if partially conservation, and a big part of the buildable land has been taken up by the new fireworks launch and storm water retention pond. Yes, they could be relocated but it's a strike against expanding in that direction. There is a big chuck of suitable land between DHS and ESPN, but that would have hard to connect to the DHS infrastructure.

The Epcot and AK land you refer to is conservation land. Disney could build on if they really want to, but they are going to shy away from major development on conservation land if they can at all avoid it. As for DHS, west of World Drive if partially conservation, and a big part of the buildable land has been taken up by the new fireworks launch and storm water retention pond. Yes, they could be relocated but it's a strike against expanding in that direction. There is a big chuck of suitable land between DHS and ESPN, but that would have hard to connect to the DHS infrastructure.

Can't Disney just buy up land that no one wants, where Jimmy Hoffas buried, indian burial ground or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter