• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% off vs. free dining....

Do you know where you will be staying? We're going to try Coronado Springs Resort this year!! Very excited! I can't wait!! Hence me on these boards!!
:0)

We are staying at the Yacht Club for 8 nights in September. I saved $1100:banana:with the 40% off pincode promo. Free dining would only save us about $600. I'm very happy with the price I paid and now I don't have to worry about any discounts coming out. Only have to worry about where to make ADR's:banana: I've had free dining the past two years and this is soo much better.:banana:

Do you know where you will be staying? We're going to try Coronado Springs Resort this year!! Very excited! I can't wait!! Hence me on these boards!!
:0)

Yeah we are being the cheapies I guess we are staying at the All - Star Sports! I find if I lot of people know who I am I get hounded. So keep low profile (my boyfriend isn't into the big crowd sceen). drop me any email anytime and we can stay in touch out of the public view.

Can anyone tell me if they know about which month disney will come out with the offer for free dinning if they are going to? I am trying not to book my vacation until the last moment so I don't miss it. We have already booked our flight down.
Last year they came out with the free dining codes at the beginning of April. I believe Disney Visa holders had first dibs and a few days later it became a general code. The code last through June and your arrival date had to be between August 13th and September 30th. So we're hoping that the same will happen this year.

I don't understand what the 40% is. Is that just booking the vacation regularly?

The 40% off room rack rates were for those who received a pin code for that offer. Pin codees are randomly distributed and you either receive one via email or via snail mail that explains the offer. Sometimes there's no notification that you're eligible for the pin code, so sometimes people here call CRO to find out if there's a pin code attached to their household. No one knows how these pin codes are sent out...but your best bet is to register with disney.com so you can at least hope one arrives in your email.

Yeah we are being the cheapies I guess we are staying at the All - Star Sports! I find if I lot of people know who I am I get hounded. So keep low profile (my boyfriend isn't into the big crowd sceen). drop me any email anytime and we can stay in touch out of the public view.

its apparent I can't type today. I am at work trying to do to many things at one time.

After I wrote the line All-Star Sports. I meant to say I found if alot of people realize who I used to be they want pictures and such. sorry that I can't write today.

Last year they came out with the free dining codes at the beginning of April. I believe Disney Visa holders had first dibs and a few days later it became a general code. The code last through June and your arrival date had to be between August 13th and September 30th. So we're hoping that the same will happen this year.

The 40% off room rack rates were for those who received a pin code for that offer. Pin codees are randomly distributed and you either receive one via email or via snail mail that explains the offer. Sometimes there's no notification that you're eligible for the pin code, so sometimes people here call CRO to find out if there's a pin code attached to their household. No one knows how these pin codes are sent out...but your best bet is to register with disney.com so you can at least hope one arrives in your email.

Thanks for the information. I will keep an eye open.

40% vs. free dining depends on what resort you're staying at and how many people are in your party.

40% off room rates is a nice deal, but we'd personally rather have the free dining.

When did you sign up? The newsletters only come out on the 15th of the month. I don't know when you have to sign up by to get it but I assume you just have to be on the list before she hits send. If you signed up intime try signing up again since maybe you might have miskeyed something.

Oh you will be there the same time we will. That is awesome. We are coming down Sept. 7th through the 17th. its nice to know that someone your talking with will be there at the same time maybe we will run into each other.

Those are our exact dates! In your earlier post, you mentioned that you were on tv...and that the CM would know you....are you the real Pooh Bear? Seriously, would I know you? Hope to see you there, cause that means I'm there!

Those are our exact dates! In your earlier post, you mentioned that you were on tv...and that the CM would know you....are you the real Pooh Bear? Seriously, would I know you? Hope to see you there, cause that means I'm there!

No actually I used to wrestle and if you watched any tv you would know me by my stage name

:confused3
Okay we are talking about the packages including the exact same things right? Standard Room? 2 kids under 10

room price is 145, 40% off is 58 + tax = 65.25 per night
Dining costs 38.99 per adult? and 11.99 per child = 101.98 per night

Free dining saves you an extra 36.73 per night * 7 nights = 257.11

You can get a full quote type number to compare by going to disneyworld.com and entering you dates/party/ticket info....just dont add dining in and that's what it should cost with free dining. Compare that to your current price.

40% off 145 is 87 + tax not 58:confused3

I wanted to know the SAME thing PoohBear67!!! Are you the REAL willy nilly silly old bear?! How is Piglet doing? Y'all still bunking together? You are a good friend Pooh Bear ;)

itching to know...I'd be stoked if you were Sam Champion from GMA!!!!:laughing: Love you Sam...:love:

and your stage name is...??!!

I wanted to know the SAME thing PoohBear67!!! Are you the REAL willy nilly silly old bear?! How is Piglet doing? Y'all still bunking together? You are a good friend Pooh Bear ;)

itching to know...I'd be stoked if you were Sam Champion from GMA!!!!:laughing: Love you Sam...:love:

Sorry to disappoint you but alas no I am not Sam Champion. My Stage name was "Paris"

Love to know that I have the same DIS board addiction as a famous wrestler!! Disney is for everyone! :cutie: :cheer2:

Your awesome. No I am not famous at all (at least anymore) I retired along time ago and have had a very private life since then..
just drop me an email and we can talk.

No actually I used to wrestle and if you watched any tv you would know me by my stage name

I never watched wrestling, but DH does. I can still think of a few female wrestlers from a few years ago (assuming you are female, I apologize if not). Anyway, since we are going for the same dates and both staying at AS, maybe my info will help you to compare the discounts. We are 2 adults and 1 child. The 40% off package, at AS Music standard, with one day tickets (we have APs already) and dining, will cost 1650. If they offer free dining, my total cost would change to about 1150. If there is no free dining, and they cancel my 40% off reservation (if it is a pin and not a public code), I will try for an AP discount, which will probably end up being about 200 (if they offer AP discounts). Hope that helps a bit.

I never watched wrestling, but DH does. I can still think of a few female wrestlers from a few years ago (assuming you are female, I apologize if not). Anyway, since we are going for the same dates and both staying at AS, maybe my info will help you to compare the discounts. We are 2 adults and 1 child. The 40% off package, at AS Music standard, with one day tickets (we have APs already) and dining, will cost 1650. If they offer free dining, my total cost would change to about 1150. If there is no free dining, and they cancel my 40% off reservation (if it is a pin and not a public code), I will try for an AP discount, which will probably end up being about 200 (if they offer AP discounts). Hope that helps a bit.

Yes female and not sure who DH is and its been along time since I have been in the ring (retired). You are staying at the all star sports right?

I am still new to this stuff with all the abrv. and such. We are just 2 adults going to AS. w/water tickets and downtown and waiting on the dinning if not it will cost around 1600 for both of us.

:confused3

40% off 145 is 87 + tax not 58:confused3
Yess I worded that poorly but If you look at what the entire post is about you see that I was looking for the amount the savings not what the rate will be. While it is true that the new rate would be 60%of 145 or 87 per night plus tax, to get the savings I need 40% of 145 or 58 + the tax to get the total savings of 65.25 per night. Showing that in this case a 40% discount will save a total of only 65.25 per night while Free Dining saves a total of 101.98 per night...so Free dining is the better choice. Not saying wait for it just showing that on two identical packages assuming you had your choice of either offer dining is better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter