• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% off select nights/resorts in 2007

Hey,

I just tried the code and a cast member checked if there was a pin tied to our home. There was not.

She said they are getting lots of calls from people asking about this. I asked what happens to those who booked without a pin..

She said they are running a query of thier system and those folks will have the discounts removed.

Take it for what it's worth....

We're going in May, 13-22, can't complain we got our hoppers for free and waterparks too. I would never have paid for waterparks.

Goof luck to those of you who were able to book without a pin. :)

:scared1: :lmao:

Was just able to add the code in Lucincia's Blog to my ressie. Had to switch my dates though. Used to have 11/9-11/17 Poly GV @ 417.94/night w/ tax for 5 pp - AAA rate, now have 11/2-11/10 Poly GV @ 288/night w/ tax for 5 pp. I ended up saving 1039.52. We already have AP's, so didn't need a package. Tried to switch to MK view, but none available.

I did ask if a pin was needed & was told there was no pin needed for that code. But, I had to switch my weeks so that my date of arrival did fall within thoses weeks listed here in this thread. I can live w/out Christmas decorations for that big of a savings:cheer2:

Hi, So you just called and used the ROOM ONLY CODE on Lucincia's Blog?? Thanks, Joan

May 13-22 were not included in the incentive card I received, so this may be why you could not get the discount (it starts May 28-June 3).

I know.

It's going to get ugly around here quick if they actually take the discounts away.

And no, I'm not bitter... :rolleyes:

It's easy to have backup plans though. Keep backup ressies with lesser discount code .... Not saying I am doing it, but if you're worried about it ....

Ah, another possible flame topic :)

May 13-22 were not included in the incentive card I received, so this may be why you could not get the discount (it starts May 28-June 3).

That was me. I actually called to see if I could change my dates to a time when the discount is offered. That is when she checked if we were eligible, via PIN. :)

That was me. I actually called to see if I could change my dates to a time when the discount is offered. That is when she checked if we were eligible, via PIN.

Oh that stinks...looks like the rooms are filling up fast. We were actually going in May as well, but decided to push it off until December. The free hoppers and waterparks are a good deal though. :thumbsup2

I just tried to book with the "room only" code listed in the blog for December 6-10 and the CM said that "the code" was only good for Jan and Feb of this year and it wouldn't work in December. She didn't ask for a pin or anything, she just tried to apply it. Any ideas what that could mean?:confused3

I just tried to book with the "room only" code listed in the blog for December 6-10 and the CM said that "the code" was only good for Jan and Feb of this year and it wouldn't work in December. She didn't ask for a pin or anything, she just tried to apply it. Any ideas what that could mean?:confused3

December dates are 9-22, so you would have to move your check in back a few days & try again--if your dates are flexible. Or do two ressies, one at rack rate for 6-8 & one with the code for 9-10.

ALSO - Be sure to give an EXAMPLE WORD for each letter of the code...

Because .. they keep GETTING IT WRONG.. at CRO. Give them an example word for each letter..

And of course - CALL BACK.. CRO Roulette...

J

Well it looks like I'll have to add a ticker to my siggie b/c THE CODE WORKED!

We got POR for $87 a night next December!

The CM asked where I heard about the code and I said the internet. He said, "Come on Joy the internet's a big place...where'd you hear about it?" I could actually hear him smiling through the phone! Anyway, I fessed up and said the DIS. And he said that those codes are usually attached to pins, but he'd see what he could do for me. And he put it through!

Thanks to you guys here for yet another great heads up!

Well it looks like I'll have to add a ticker to my siggie b/c THE CODE WORKED!

We got POR for $87 a night next December!

The CM asked where I heard about the code and I said the internet. He said, "Come on Joy the internet's a big place...where'd you hear about it?" I could actually hear him smiling through the phone! Anyway, I fessed up and said the DIS. And he said that those codes are usually attached to pins, but he'd see what he could do for me. And he put it through!

Thanks to you guys here for yet another great heads up!

Must be nice.. all i got was "no.. no.. we dont offer codes for that far in advance. Nope, you can book now and apply a code later" ....blah. Were just gettin the AP and gonna hope for AP codes on the CBR this november. LOL

Well, good luck, FigmentGuy, because last two times I tried to use a code there were no rooms available. Very frustrating with my AP and finally getting the code out. Really, I wish you much luck getting that discount. I did get one (after a few calls) for CBR last Dec.
And Joy, it must have something to do with your sweet voice!! :) Congrats! (That's a great price. Have you ever considered the teacher discount at the S/D? It is a fabulous resort also!!)

And Joy, it must have something to do with your sweet voice!! :) Congrats! (That's a great price. Have you ever considered the teacher discount at the S/D? It is a fabulous resort also!!)

I have looked into the S/D a couple of times, but we're really cheap :blush: and even their teacher discount is more than I'd like to pay. Do you know if they let 5 people in a room? That would be another consideration for us.

Could someone PM me the code please? I know it's probably not going to work but I was looking to book a trip and figured I would try.

Thank you!

I tried it tonight @ 7pm -- CM told me the code was only good for June. I wanted September at any resort. I think I'll try again in the morning.

I did get a mailing and threw it away, thinking it was for the value resorts only. After reading the boards last night I realized my mistake. I then contacted CRO and he verified who I was my address and phone number. He then came back and said yes I was allowed to use the code. I was able to book a landscape room? at the GF for next December. I was not sure it was exactly 40% off, but it was a great deal for the GF. My other options were YC or AKL. My husband said book the monorail resort so I did.

I am very happy, since we were planning on staying offsite for about the same total price the package came to.

I know it's WAAAAYYYYY old news, but I am wondering if anyone who used the code (without having received a PIN email or postcard) had problems with their ressies?

When this was a hot topic, there were a lot of posters who repeatedly warned that Disney would correct their mistake...meaning they would cancel your ressie or charge you the full amount at check in. Things like "aware there is a problem and they are working to correct it...CMs have been put on alert and their jobs depend on their compliance" and "I asked what would happen if someone was able to book this and during check in the code didn't pan out. I was told that they would have to pay the rack rate." Or "Two different CM's told me the same thing. They said the person who booked it would be getting a call and have to pay the regular rate," and " ...quality review dept were reviewing the reservations and matching them up to PINs that were sent and those that did not match would get a call or a letter and their reservations would be cancelled or charged at the rack rate." And " ...said they are getting lots of calls from people asking about this. I asked what happens to those who booked without a pin. She said they are running a query of thier system and those folks will have the discounts removed."

At any rate, we had a wonderful, successful stay at AKL in December. I booked with "the code," but did not have an email or postcard. No repercussions. Just a lovely vay-cay.

Just curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter