• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% off select nights/resorts in 2007

Just wondering if someone could pm me "the code"...I realize it may/may not work-but it could pay to try it out!!!:thumbsup2

Just wondering if someone could pm me "the code"...I realize it may/may not work-but it could pay to try it out!!!:thumbsup2
You may want to check DISers Lucincia's Blog: http://disneysizeme.blogspot.com/

One more question...
Do you have to be a previous guest at WDW to get a code? Or will signing up on Disney's site throw my name in the hat?
No one really knows! (Except maybe Mickey himself!) It is believed that you have to sign up on Disney.com - but it's a Great Big Mystery!

Still no luck in Indy! I tried the Room-Only Code for 5/26-6/2 for AsMo - then from 5/28-6/2. She said that the code was accepted, but it was not available for my reservation. I wonder if that means the dates were bad - or just my choice for resort?!?

I tried to get into ASMo on May 31-june 6 no rooms were coming up for the discount those days... pop was a no go also... we did get 2 rooms at sports..

Lurking here for a day or so and decided around 10pm last night to call. Got a very nice CM. First booked POP for Oct 21 to 26. Before quoting the price I asked nicely if she would check to see if I was eligible for any discounts or "codes"? She chuckled and said yes I was. The quote she gave me for a prefered room was $374 including tax. I think this is 40% off rack rate. I'm happy with this. Last stay at OKW in Dec. renting from owner. Never stayed at resort level, only mods a couple of times, then value resorts mostly. We have been to Disney probaly 7 to 8 times since early 80's. Hope this info helps in some way...even to say it never hurts to call and ask! Thanks to the DIS boards for the heads up!:thumbsup2

One more question...

Do you have to be a previous guest at WDW to get a code? Or will signing up on Disney's site throw my name in the hat?

I never stay onsite, and I had received the 40% off promo through the mail. My friend has never been to WDW at all, not even the theme parks, and she received the Stitch email. She has entered contests, and had ordered the planning video in the past. I have also entered contests, and have an account set up at disneyworld.com.

One more question...

No one really knows exactly what determines if you get a pin or not. Some people who've never been to WDW have gotten codes, and some people who go several times a year never get codes.

Several of us recommend registering an account at Disney.com because that at least gives them your information. That doesn't guarantee you'll receive a pin code, but it does guarantee that they now have your info.

Well I didn't realize that I had already registered on Disney. I'll have to pay closer attention to the emails I get from them in the future. I guess I didn't realize what kinda savings were out there.

I'm saving my "paper route" money for a 7-nighter at the Poly. :teeth: Hoping that I get a little "magic" thrown my way. :worship:

Thanks everyone!

Still no luck in Indy! I tried the Room-Only Code for 5/26-6/2 for AsMo - then from 5/28-6/2. She said that the code was accepted, but it was not available for my reservation. I wonder if that means the dates were bad - or just my choice for resort?!?
Ok - So I called back (again!) to see if changing resorts would work (From AsMo to AsSp) - and it did! (Kinda) I had to break my stay up into 2 Ressies One for 5/26-27 and one from 5/28-6/2 - but it saves us $249! The only issue right now is that AsSp was not available for the 26-27 - so we have 2 nights at AsMo then 5 at AsSports. Our CM was VERY helpful - she said to keep calling back to try to get all 7 nights at AsSports - and even recommended to call back when APs come out to check on a discount for the first Ressie!

I used the code and it saves about $350 on the POP with DDP, park hopper w/ water parks & more. As of now i have it on hold while I think about canceling the swan which will wind up costing me more money. It is a nicer resort but im not sure what im doing yet :confused3 the deal i got from disney is $1280 with all above 5 nts/6 days for me & my daughter.
swan would be $1200 with park hopper option and no food plan

I got my comfirmation in the mail. I even called to change a request. Everything is okay with the reservation. So maybe these rates will go thru. I don't think Disney will wait too long before cancelling. I think some of us would have been cancelled by now.

The only issue right now is that AsSp was not available for the 26-27 - so we have 2 nights at AsMo then 5 at AsSports. Our CM was VERY helpful - she said to keep calling back to try to get all 7 nights at AsSports - and even recommended to call back when APs come out to check on a discount for the first Ressie!
Just an update - we were able to get all 7 nights at AsSp, but we had to keep it as 2 separate ressies. One for 5/26-5/27 and one for 5/28-6/2 in order to get the "code!"

It was odd - b/c our CM stated that the code was good for all 7 nights from 5/26- 6/2 - but then quoted me the full rack rate. When I told her that it was not a discounted rate, she had to put me on hold for over 10 minutes while trying to figure it out! When she came back, she stated that the "promotion" does not begin until 5/28 & that was why the discount was not applied. She stated normally, the "code" will say "not available" if it does not give a discount, but in this case - the computer "accepted" the code, but gave no discount?!?

It is ok - we are getting the discount for 5 of our 7 days though all at the same resort!

I was able to use them yesterday with no problem. They are good through March 15th but as the CM said, today they expect a surge in people looking for them, as a lot of mailings went out this week and rooms will be going fast. Keep calling and trying or have a travel agent do it for you - they are not padding the packages and it seems the CMs work easier with them with no questions asked.

Was just able to add the code in Lucincia's Blog to my ressie. Had to switch my dates though. Used to have 11/9-11/17 Poly GV @ 417.94/night w/ tax for 5 pp - AAA rate, now have 11/2-11/10 Poly GV @ 288/night w/ tax for 5 pp. I ended up saving 1039.52. We already have AP's, so didn't need a package. Tried to switch to MK view, but none available.

I did ask if a pin was needed & was told there was no pin needed for that code. But, I had to switch my weeks so that my date of arrival did fall within thoses weeks listed here in this thread. I can live w/out Christmas decorations for that big of a savings:cheer2:

I got my confirmation and a separate billing statement today. It has the correct info and has the code listed on both statements. I'm thinking that is very good news!

Hey,

I just tried the code and a cast member checked if there was a pin tied to our home. There was not.

She said they are getting lots of calls from people asking about this. I asked what happens to those who booked without a pin..

She said they are running a query of thier system and those folks will have the discounts removed.

Take it for what it's worth....

We're going in May, 13-22, can't complain we got our hoppers for free and waterparks too. I would never have paid for waterparks.

Goof luck to those of you who were able to book without a pin. :)

I just got the postcard in the mail today, I saved $1250 fora week at the poly,with dining! Very exciting!:goodvibes

Man, I wish I'd get a postcard! But, I already have a reservation, so I doubt I'll get one. Fiddlestix.

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter