• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% off, persistance pays

aprhj

Second to the right and straight on til morning
I had been seeing here that people were getting 40% off pin codes in the mail and I began calling the reservation line, same as I did last year about this time. On my 3 call this year, last year took 4 or 5, I got a CM and told him basicall the same thing, that I was aware of a 40% room discount and could he see if there was one for me. He asked my name first, the other 2 asked for my phone number first, I have a pretty common name, so much so I have to give my birthdate in most cases to get the right me. With just my name he said "yes I see the code right here" and I verified it was the 40% off room and he said yes. I then booked Nov 15 to 21 at Wilderness Lodge for 3 adults and a 5 year old with a single day ticket and the basic dining plan, I'll add more days to the ticket later I was just so excited I booked what I needed to get it taken care quickly. The total was $2369 for a woods view room with 2 queen beds, same full price on internet was quoted at $3825, I think I did pretty good. He did mention he could get me a club level room for $295/night with the code, but I don't think it would be worth the difference. I know some would have probably loved that deal, but I don't think we would take advantage of the extra benifits.

So, be persistant and keep calling. It has worked for me for 2 years. Good luck and pixie dust to all of you.

Congrats! That's quite a savings. I know what you mean about the common name. My name isn't that common but it is in my small town. There are 3 of us. And two of us go to the same doctor and two of use the same vet. The other Lori even named her pets Maggie and Molly same as ours. Too dang freaky!!

HI! I was wondering when you said you called in 3 times - did you call 3 times one right after another, or did you call 3 times different times during the day, or once 3 days in a row? I just called 2 times in a row and was told "sorry" you have to get a code in the mail or by email. We already have an existing reservation with 30% off, but an extra 10% would be nice.

Do you know once a discount is applied to a reservation, will you still get another offer?

:cool1: :thumbsup2

Congrats to you.

Here is a silly question. I know that when I was working customer service. We were req. to put "comments" under a person's order. Does Disney do that?

Ok, so I'm following your advice and I called for the first time a few minutes ago. The CM did not want to help me at all. She said I had to have a pin code from a mailer. After much convincing, she checked under our address and phone # and came up with nothing. She checked our last name, but still nothing. What else should I do when I call again?

:cool1: :thumbsup2

Congrats to you.

Here is a silly question. I know that when I was working customer service. We were req. to put "comments" under a person's order. Does Disney do that?

When I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in November the CM told us that Disney does keep a file on all of us. If we have a problem or complaint, it's noted in the file. If they comp us for something, it's noted in the file. Not sure how true that all is...but just what he said.

When I went on the Keys to the Kingdom tour in November the CM told us that Disney does keep a file on all of us. If we have a problem or complaint, it's noted in the file. If they comp us for something, it's noted in the file. Not sure how true that all is...but just what he said.

This is a joke....

but maybe they saw you called a bunch of times and figured you weren't going to give up and gave you a pin :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Seriously though I think i'm gonna keep calling!
;)

I called 3 different days, with a day or two inbetween, did the same last year. I also wondered about the notes that might be able to make, but not sure. All I can say is keep calling, worst they can do is tell you no.

Wow great tip! I have an extremely common name so next time there is a code flying around I'll ask them to check my name "because I have a new phone number". Unfortunately, my mid-March dates are blacked out for the 40% and needless to say, I've very disappointed with that.

I called tonight again (after having done so on Sunday). There were still no codes for my husband and I but my son (who is 20) did have codes. Unfortunately, his were only good for travel through March.

The CM asked if there could possibly be anyone else and I mentioned that my SIL went with us years back. She checked her name and she also had codes (30% off) that were for our dates. When I mentioned that she would not be going with us, she said we could still use the code because we were all listed as part of HER household in their system.:love: Why, I don't know, since I am the one that books and go every year.

I am still going to keep checking over the next few months since we are not going until August to see if a better discount comes along.

But I think that calling and checking constantly is definitely a plus!!!:banana:

After waiting on hold for 20 min. I got a very rude CM who refused to check to see if there was a pin for me because she said that's not how Disney works...I told her what I see on the DIS boards and she didn't believe me...grrrr....

I called yesterday checking for codes and was told they could no longer check a name to see if codes were attatched. I guess the CM didn't want to look?

I would just say thank you, hang up and call again. My dh calls it the pest factor. He jokingly says I have that skill mastered :rotfl: .

Whats sad is it takes literally 20 seconds for them to check. I know when I worked there just recently I always checked because if someone had a pincode I could talk them into booking something and Id get credit for it

The pest factor, I like that. That would definitely be me and more friendly that some of the other names my family has used to describe me when I'm trying to get the best deal;)

Nice one. This is a great advice. :thumbsup2

I will do the same thing until we got a good discounts, really saves a lot. Agree?:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter