30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

Robbie - is that ST pic of the house or the pop up they had at Cabana Bay? Either way, great pics!

Did you find good rates? Appears to be new trend for my market which always had great pricing in the past.:headache: have been consistently so high out of the gate for my market this year, likely due to so many people with unredeemed covid cancelled points from the last year burning a hole in their pockets.
Prices were a little higher than what I'd expect this early, but not outrageous. The return flight is always more expensive and sells out quicker than flight there. I used points, and if prices happen to drop, I can rebook. Definitely higher than the flights I had booked last year though.

Good to hear. After i posted thot crossed my mind I may have stepped in a big pile of it

Couple of hours from Carey, tried to get the DH to side track on way to Cedar point. Didn’t happen, did i miss anything? Lol.

nah not much to see there. We go to a non-denominational Christmas concert in an amazing Catholic shrine there - this tiny town with this gorgeous shrine. Not so halloween horror though lol.
i don’t know if my hospital is giving me Labor Day weekend off which is probably the only time we can go but I have been checking southwest flights and they are cheaper now than when they opened. Can’t really purchase until I know if I get the time off.

Hi. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a couple of questions please?

My family are seasoned Orlando veterans that know the parks inside out and usually travel June/July time with the 4th July normally covered in that time period so we know how to deal with crowds and heat. Unfortunately because of Covid we’ve had to move our trip back to 17th Oct – 14th Nov this year as long as all things go to plan but I feel like a total newbie again with having no experience with this time of year and not going since all of the new changes that have taken place the last 12 months.

We’ve already purchased Premier Annual Passes that include Halloween Horror Nights tickets in the recent deal they had and I was just wondering how exactly that would work and if there’s anything extra we need to do to get those tickets?
We currently have a one night stay booked at Hard Rock Hotel that we’ve already moved twice and don’t really want to have to move again and we were hoping to go to Halloween Horror Nights that night (27th Oct). I know it says select nights but where would I find out when those nights are in case I do have to move our stay a week earlier again? Also what exactly should we expect this time or is it still too early to know yet? I know they did some of the houses in the day last year but I was just wondering if anyone here had experiences with the changes they made last year as I’m not expecting it to be usual fanfare this year either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FYI, updated post #16...confirmation as to U honoring tickets/packages not refunded from 2020

Guests who purchased tickets or packages for the cancelled Halloween Horror Nights 2020 event and did not request a full refund will be able to use their tickets or packages to visit the 2021 event. More details on how guests can use their tickets for Halloween Horror Nights 2021 will be shared in the months ahead

Hi. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with a couple of questions please?

My family are seasoned Orlando veterans that know the parks inside out and usually travel June/July time with the 4th July normally covered in that time period so we know how to deal with crowds and heat. Unfortunately because of Covid we’ve had to move our trip back to 17th Oct – 14th Nov this year as long as all things go to plan but I feel like a total newbie again with having no experience with this time of year and not going since all of the new changes that have taken place the last 12 months.

We’ve already purchased Premier Annual Passes that include Halloween Horror Nights tickets in the recent deal they had and I was just wondering how exactly that would work and if there’s anything extra we need to do to get those tickets?
We currently have a one night stay booked at Hard Rock Hotel that we’ve already moved twice and don’t really want to have to move again and we were hoping to go to Halloween Horror Nights that night (27th Oct). I know it says select nights but where would I find out when those nights are in case I do have to move our stay a week earlier again? Also what exactly should we expect this time or is it still too early to know yet? I know they did some of the houses in the day last year but I was just wondering if anyone here had experiences with the changes they made last year as I’m not expecting it to be usual fanfare this year either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
We used our free night in 2018 and they just scanned our APs , we were already in the park from that day and scanned into the holding area by Finnigan’s ( I think that’s what it’s called). The website will list the days that the Premier’s free HHN are available. I can’t wait to see the list this year, so I can plan for other nights. I hope we get more information soon.

FYI, updated post #16...confirmation as to U honoring tickets/packages not refunded from 2020

Guests who purchased tickets or packages for the cancelled Halloween Horror Nights 2020 event and did not request a full refund will be able to use their tickets or packages to visit the 2021 event. More details on how guests can use their tickets for Halloween Horror Nights 2021 will be shared in the months ahead
I had paid for 2 sets of BOGO last year the day before UO announced hhn was cancelled last year

Received a call and was told I could get a refund or I could use them four nights for hhn 2021.

It is one thing less I have to order this year for hhn

I have my confirmation number for the tickets and was told that is all I need for picking them up this coming September

I might be in the minority here, but I really do not tolerate masks very well. Even the paper throw away ones. I have tried about every kind, every strap, the silicone spacer..... you name it.

I can hardly handle the mask wearing last summer in my home town, we have heat and humidity, but nothing like Orlando humidity in Sept!

I saw they are not stating the mask policy yet. I could handle them in the houses as they are cool.

Wondering if they will reduce restrictions by then. I know it's crazy to predict. But if the current mask guidelines are in effect, that will count me out of going to HHN this year :(

Have any of you guys heard any rumors or have thoughts about possible mask scenarios for HHN?

"Also having Stranger Things as the cornerstone brought in a very different audience - and unfortunately a much younger crowd - and yes that included toddlers!"

That's so funny! I must have the only teen who actually doesn't care for stranger things. She was more into the classic monsters. Dracula, Frankenstein...she loved that house. Lol

might be in the minority here, but I really do not tolerate masks very well. Even the paper throw away ones. I have tried about every kind, every strap, the silicone spacer..... you name it.
Many of us here managed nicely last September/October in the humidity. Mind over matter, the parks were open, we were there lol

Have yet to meet anyone who enjoys wearing a mask. Most tend to get acclimated the more they diligently wear them

even those I know with underlying medical conditions (such as respiratory issues) manage well enough, realizing they need to don them to protect others

it’s especially a courtesy to the employees at the parks IMO

As I understand it, the parks are private property, & can call their own shots no matter what the state decrees

That's so funny! I must have the only teen who actually doesn't care for stranger things. She was more into the classic monsters. Dracula, Frankenstein...she loved that house. Lol
Love ST, the classic monsters & everything in between

Yeah - I am a fan of both - classic monsters more so - but first season of ST was pretty good - as with many things as it went on it went down hill IMO. But it defiantly brought in a much younger crowd than previous years - and I'm sure it made Universal a ton of money - it also seemed much busier than previous years

I might be in the minority here, but I really do not tolerate masks very well. Even the paper throw away ones. I have tried about every kind, every strap, the silicone spacer..... you name it.

I can hardly handle the mask wearing last summer in my home town, we have heat and humidity, but nothing like Orlando humidity in Sept!

I saw they are not stating the mask policy yet. I could handle them in the houses as they are cool.

Wondering if they will reduce restrictions by then. I know it's crazy to predict. But if the current mask guidelines are in effect, that will count me out of going to HHN this year :(

Have any of you guys heard any rumors or have thoughts about possible mask scenarios for HHN?
Im not looking forward to it - pretty much the only time I have to wear a mask is walking from a car to a restaurant or into the local DIY store.
I suspect it wont be changed by HHN - its too much of a risk for Universal and they are having no issues filling the place to their capacity with masks - more likely they keep masks and increase capacity.
That said with what I have seen online for Easter week - I cant imaging they could increase it all that much - it looks pretty packed to me

Will need to see what the rules around masks are - I pretty much only use a bandana - which is not allowed.

I’m not one to take even a 5% chance to be exposed to a virus
Everyone's risk tolerance is different no doubt. At this point I have had 4 "exposures" and not been sick - they all happened on my property - people coming to do work etc... and my kid is an essential worker so he has also had an exposure and not been sick.
I feel like I am having to self quarantine every other week till I get test results - wearing a mask does not change that - no doubt I have been lucky (knock on wood) or had a mild case early on - never got around to getting the antibody test.

Anyway masks or no masks Ill be at HHN and deal with it and it will most likely be required - it will be more of a challenge for those of us that rarely wear masks.
As someone else said - if you want to enter their parks you have to follow their rules.
I would like to see them offer tests on property somewhere - that would be a big help to those of us that have to be tested before we return home - thats one of the reasons I have had to cancel my last three trips.
Oh - and even if you have the vaccine you have to be tested to return to/ travel from several states.

thats one of the reasons I have had to cancel my last three trips.
Oh - and even if you have the vaccine you have to be tested to return to/ travel from several states.
FYI Since November multiple drug stores near U offer scheduled testing appointments. Quick, easy & if ur insurance doesn’t cover it, free

FYI Since November multiple drug stores near U offer scheduled testing appointments. Quick, easy & if ur insurance doesn’t cover it, free
Good to know - thanks - I had assumed that but have not looked too hard - I also assumed they are not in walking distance - can get an uber I guess

Im not looking forward to it - pretty much the only time I have to wear a mask is walking from a car to a restaurant or into the local DIY store.
I suspect it wont be changed by HHN - its too much of a risk for Universal and they are having no issues filling the place to their capacity with masks - more likely they keep masks and increase capacity.
That said with what I have seen online for Easter week - I cant imaging they could increase it all that much - it looks pretty packed to me

Will need to see what the rules around masks are - I pretty much only use a bandana - which is not allowed.

Everyone's risk tolerance is different no doubt. At this point I have had 4 "exposures" and not been sick - they all happened on my property - people coming to do work etc... and my kid is an essential worker so he has also had an exposure and not been sick.
I feel like I am having to self quarantine every other week till I get test results - wearing a mask does not change that - no doubt I have been lucky (knock on wood) or had a mild case early on - never got around to getting the antibody test.

Anyway masks or no masks Ill be at HHN and deal with it and it will most likely be required - it will be more of a challenge for those of us that rarely wear masks.
As someone else said - if you want to enter their parks you have to follow their rules.
I would like to see them offer tests on property somewhere - that would be a big help to those of us that have to be tested before we return home - thats one of the reasons I have had to cancel my last three trips.

Great insight! My father is 87 and has many health problems, so I wear a mask daily as I am his primary care giver. I just have a hard time wearing one in the heat/humidity. HHN is one of our families top vacations, so we would like to go if at all possible.

Hi gang! Hopefully this is the right place to ask this. Let me preface this by saying (A) I've never been to Universal Orlando, so there's that, and (B) I have no intention of attending HHN. That stuff scares the bejesus out of me! LOL Sorry. I'm sure they close the park(s) early on the nights HHN occurs. Of course, I'll be there for two days and HHN is both nights. (insert rolling eyeballs here) My question is (assuming they close the park early), do they close both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure early, or just one? Thank you for any help you can offer. I hope you all have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter