30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

RE:masks-I am soooo over them-to the point (fully vaxed since early Feb) that I drove to nearby town that dropped mask mandate so I could grocery shop maskless today. Strangely-masks at UO don't bother me. Even in heat/humidity-we went shortly after opening last June, again in August, November, January...weird but really I think it's a different scenario so tend to forget more that they are there. That said-I'd bet UO drops masks except while in line for something-ie mask up while going through a house, shopping, but walking around ok. The whole point of vax is to get back to normal, vaxed don't transmit, and at some point-YOU have to be responsible for YOU. Highest transmission risk will always be indoors.

Prices were a little higher than what I'd expect this early, but not outrageous. The return flight is always more expensive and sells out quicker than flight there. I used points, and if prices happen to drop, I can rebook. Definitely higher than the flights I had booked last year though.
Ours were $149 down, and $119 home. My brother (even though I warned him) waited until a few days ago to book his and they had shot up to $190 down and $159 home. The original price is right about on par with what we have spent in prior years so, not too bad in my book! Now, hopefully, they're not still moving around and cancelling flights by the fall.

I might be in the minority here, but I really do not tolerate masks very well. Even the paper throw away ones. I have tried about every kind, every strap, the silicone spacer..... you name it.

I can hardly handle the mask wearing last summer in my home town, we have heat and humidity, but nothing like Orlando humidity in Sept!

I saw they are not stating the mask policy yet. I could handle them in the houses as they are cool.

Wondering if they will reduce restrictions by then. I know it's crazy to predict. But if the current mask guidelines are in effect, that will count me out of going to HHN this year :(

Have any of you guys heard any rumors or have thoughts about possible mask scenarios for HHN?
I don't think they will mention any possible changes to mask wearing until they're officially ready to make that change... and I dont think there will be any changes prior to HHN. Even with the vaxx things are still so fluid, its hard to make a call for any date in the future.

I would like to see them offer tests on property somewhere - that would be a big help to those of us that have to be tested before we return home - thats one of the reasons I have had to cancel my last three trips.
I'm glad that NY changed the testing procedures for flying. My whole family is vaccinated, so if seems silly to have to get tested before we leave Florida, when we come home to NY and stay home for however many days after our trip. We would need to cut 3 days off our trip if that was still the case.

I know its such a hot button topic, but if either presenting proof of a vaccination, or having a rapid test done with a negative result to enter the event means we didn't have to wear masks I would be all for it!

RE:masks-I am soooo over them-to the point (fully vaxed since early Feb) that I drove to nearby town that dropped mask mandate so I could grocery shop maskless today. Strangely-masks at UO don't bother me. Even in heat/humidity-we went shortly after opening last June, again in August, November, January...weird but really I think it's a different scenario so tend to forget more that they are there. That said-I'd bet UO drops masks except while in line for something-ie mask up while going through a house, shopping, but walking around ok. The whole point of vax is to get back to normal, vaxed don't transmit, and at some point-YOU have to be responsible for YOU. Highest transmission risk will always be indoors.
My mom says that last sentiment all the time. I'm wondering if the hesitancy is due to the lack of vaccines available for kids? Maybe once that is possible it will move more towards personal responsibility.

ANYWHO- thank you keishashadow for starting this thread! I can't wait for the announcements to start rolling in!! We're fairly new to the event (attended 26-28). I had a newborn during the 2019 season so I wasn't able to make the trip and was heartbroken to have to cancel our 2020 trip. I am more ready than ever to get back into the fog!!!

Does anyone have any idea when premier pass holder dates will be announced and or ticket sale information?

I’m a first timer to HHN and booked for 8/29-9/5. Great package price ($1200 for day tix and room at Cabana Bay). I know I will have only two nights. I know about Stay and Scream, but what other things would make my first timer better. How would you handle the daytime for HHN? I rarely go past 11 PM, so conserving energy is highest priority. Would you take off days to save Day ticket days for HHN? There’s a lot that can change (Could be full virtual queue for example), so I look forward to your thoughts.

Last edited:
How would you handle the daytime for HHN? I rarely go past 11 PM, so conserving energy is highest priority. Would you take off days to save Day ticket days for HHN?
No idea if that’s a great rate, have never seen a package price beat a (seasonal) APH rate.

Do prefer to ‘stay & scream’, a combo of wanting to avoid dealing with the gate crowd & being able to get a jump on the houses

those nights we rarely arrive at parks before 2pm. It’s just too long of a day otherwise for us...especially, if doing consecutive nights.

No right or wrong way, just need to find your comfort zone. Have fun planning

really curious if they'll do stay and scream this year. I love it, but those corrals sure do fill up and even packed tight, lines wrap around the block. But I guess it's equally as crowded lining up at the front gates for opening. Will masks and vaccinated folks be enough to move fwd with S&S or will park officials decide to skip it this year....interested to see.

Did I read somewhere about a resort entry line? Our plane doesn’t land until 3:30 in the afternoon so we couldn’t possibly be in the park before 4:00. Is that my best option for entry if we go on our first night?

I don’t think it really matters where you am start as long as you have a plan.
For me, HHN has become a minimum 2 visit event.
The last time I was able to run through all of the attractions in one night was HHN25.
Since then the event has gotten so crowded and sold so many fast passes that there was little difference in the regular and express lines

I don’t think it really matters where you am start as long as you have a plan.
For me, HHN has become a minimum 2 visit event.
The last time I was able to run through all of the attractions in one night was HHN25.
Since then the event has gotten so crowded and sold so many fast passes that there was little difference in the regular and express lines

I wonder if they end stay and scream queues or end up in Citywalk. They do virtual queues for all houses through the app. I wouldn’t be surprised if they close main park out earlier (say 4 PM) and make everyone re-enter for social distancing. We could be normal and we could be with a very different event. It depends on the next 60 days.

Did I read somewhere about a resort entry line? Our plane doesn’t land until 3:30 in the afternoon so we couldn’t possibly be in the park before 4:00. Is that my best option for entry if we go on our first night?
Allow more like 2hours min to hit parks factoring in luggage, commute & hotel check in/bag drop

In past a sep line for onsite guests

Woot! Yay Keisha, thanks for starting this thread.

Yeah, I’m so used to wearing a mask, and will be fully vaccinated next week, but don’t mind if I have to wear a mask for HHN to enter the houses and I won’t complain. Did wear a mask in the two houses last year, that was so nice of them to have them open, and I did not think wearing it took away anything from enjoying those houses. I did like the plexiglass, as I’m a horror wimp sometimes. 😊

Woot! Yay Keisha, thanks for starting this thread.

Yeah, I’m so used to wearing a mask, and will be fully vaccinated next week, but don’t mind if I have to wear a mask for HHN to enter the houses and I won’t complain. Did wear a mask in the two houses last year, that was so nice of them to have them open, and I did not think wearing it took away anything from enjoying those houses. I did like the plexiglass, as I’m a horror wimp sometimes. 😊

Like you, I don't mind if I have to wear a mask in the house, if that's what it takes to make it happen. My concern is that I'm used to glancing down a lot to see my feet distance from the person in front of me (usually my wife or kid, though). When I'm wearing a mask, I'm surprised at how much by downward peripheral vision is blocked. In the dark houses, it might be worse, but if that's what it takes, then I'm still ready to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter