2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Oh, I'm so excited here for everyone that registered today... and anxiously awaiting my turn next week.

I found this shirt size chart from 2015. I'm not sure if it's the same this year, but I'd imagine it's close: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/wdw-marathon/2015MarathonSizeChart.pdf

I find run shirt sizing really bizarre, so I might go to a local sports shop and see if I can find a 'Champion' brand shirt to try on. Are the Princess race shirts long or short sleeve?

They're short-sleeved.

I found last year's to be fairly true to size. I'm either a medium or a large in most shirts, and my medium fits great. It's fitted but not tight, which is how I like my workout clothes.

Thank you! My shirt sizes are all over the place, depending on the brand and cut, so true to size doesn't mean much to me, lol. I'll measure my favourite running shirts and pick a size with similar measurements.

When I pre-registered for the challenge with a TA (back in April?), I never specified a race time or shirt size. Can I access that somewhere now? I don't see my races in my 'My Disney Experience' account. Where can I access them?

Thank you! My shirt sizes are all over the place, depending on the brand and cut, so true to size doesn't mean much to me, lol. I'll measure my favourite running shirts and pick a size with similar measurements.

When I pre-registered for the challenge with a TA (back in April?), I never specified a race time or shirt size. Can I access that somewhere now? I don't see my races in my 'My Disney Experience' account. Where can I access them?

My TA said that about 2 weeks after general race registration (next Tuesday), she'll get a link for my registration details and I'll add everything then (POT, shirt size, etc.).

Eventually, you'll get a link to register (who knows when, I think Marathon weekend people might still be waiting on their's too). But, races will not show up in My Disney Experience. They will, after you do the TA email link to register, show up in your Run Disney account.

I gave in and registered for the half! It took about 10 minutes for me to get in and another few to register. My bank account is not pleased but I'm excited! This will be my first time doing the Princess half and my first year going to Princess weekend solo.

Now to wait for the theme!

I'm so glad you decided to run Princess!!!!!!

I'm thinking of registering for all three this year (which I think is exactly what they want! Lol.)

That's exactly what happened to me in 2016. They did announce the theme, and it was my favorite Princess, so I quick signed up for the 5K too so I could get all the medals!

10K the challenge are sold out for early registration. They will open back up next week for the regular registration but 10K typically sells out super fast.
I’ll probably miss out on the 10k then. I’m at WDW now and will be on a plane home when general registration opens next week. Ah well. At least I got my dd into the challenge. I’ll be a spectator.

JUST an FYI. If you order men's shirts d/t sizing or what have you, be sure you get men's shirts at shirt pick up. My Mermaid year shirts are ladies cut even though I ordered men's. Last year I almost got ladies cut again until I had sense to question volunteer that they were men's cut. I never bothered to try shirts on year of mermaid d/t fact I ordered biggest they offered and I thought I got what I ordered.

I gave in and registered for the half! It took about 10 minutes for me to get in and another few to register. My bank account is not pleased but I'm excited! This will be my first time doing the Princess half and my first year going to Princess weekend solo.

Now to wait for the theme!

Princess is by far my favorite weekend. Its my first half and my first solo princess weekend too.

As far as theme, I think they'll stick with the multiple princesses.

My bigger question is what to wear????

Princess is by far my favorite weekend. Its my first half and my first solo princess weekend too.

As far as theme, I think they'll stick with the multiple princesses.

My bigger question is what to wear????

I'm really hoping this is the case! I really liked how they did that last year.

So I am an Annual Passholder and went to register just now. (I totally had a brain fart and forgot to be logged in at 12!) There is no option to register for the 5k now. What are my options?

I think you can try for regular registration on the 7th. It must have just filled because it was still available when I looked a couple of hours ago. So sorry!

I think you can try for regular registration on the 7th. It must have just filled because it was still available when I looked a couple of hours ago. So sorry!
Thanks!
I am utterly disgusted with myself for not being on in time.
Running this 5k was goal for starting running.
What are the chances there will be spots left on the 7th?

Thanks!
I am utterly disgusted with myself for not being on in time.
Running this 5k was goal for starting running.
What are the chances there will be spots left on the 7th?

Very good. Only a portion of the bibs are available for early registration. The bulk of them will be available on Tuesday. Just be sure to try right when registration opens on Tuesday.

Very good. Only a portion of the bibs are available for early registration. The bulk of them will be available on Tuesday. Just be sure to try right when registration opens on Tuesday.
This is great news! I am a grown adult but literally cried when I missed it.
Running is not easy for me but completing this race is what keeps me going. I hope I get in on Tuesday! Fingers crossed!

Awesome! I've done Princess weekend twice with friends (5K and 10K) and I'll be doing the Wine & Dine half solo in a few months. I'm excited! The only thing that seems like it will be boring by myself is waiting in the corrals :rotfl:

The hosts always keep me entertained while I wait. Last year I also watched a show on netflix while I waited in the corrals and after the race while I waited in line for pictures with characters. Worked out perfectly! lol

Running is not easy for me but completing this race is what keeps me going. I hope I get in on Tuesday! Fingers crossed!

Def be online when it opens; the 5k and 10k races always sell out the quickest. I mean- it may take a few hours, but I suspect they will be gone on opening day and you don't want to miss it!

My Mom and I signed up for the 5k last night around 8pm. It'll be our first runDisney race. Should we have gotten a confirmation email or anything? Haven't received anything yet but the registrations show up on her account page.

Not exactly the same thing, but last year I attempted to register for the 10K on pre-registration day and it was sold out. I was soooooo upset, because it was my first runDisney event and I really wanted to do the 10K. I decided to register for the 5K because it was still open, and I figured something was better than nothing. On the regular registration day I decided to log in and see if the 10K was available, and it was! I ended up signing up for it and doing both!

I ended up being very happy I signed up for both, because I was able to use the 5K to get the nerves out (truthfully I didn't enjoy it as much because I was afraid to stop for the long character lines and get swept - not realizing they're not as strict on the 5K! :rotfl:). On the morning of the 10K I decided to relax and have fun like I came there to do! I stopped at literally almost every character and had a BLAST!

All of this to say, I think if you are online as soon as the registration opens, you should be able to get into the race you wanted. Fingers crossed for you!

Not exactly the same thing, but last year I attempted to register for the 10K on pre-registration day and it was sold out. I was soooooo upset, because it was my first runDisney event and I really wanted to do the 10K. I decided to register for the 5K because it was still open, and I figured something was better than nothing. On the regular registration day I decided to log in and see if the 10K was available, and it was! I ended up signing up for it and doing both!

I ended up being very happy I signed up for both, because I was able to use the 5K to get the nerves out (truthfully I didn't enjoy it as much because I was afraid to stop for the long character lines and get swept - not realizing they're not as strict on the 5K! :rotfl:). On the morning of the 10K I decided to relax and have fun like I came there to do! I stopped at literally almost every character and had a BLAST!

All of this to say, I think if you are online as soon as the registration opens, you should be able to get into the race you wanted. Fingers crossed for you!
Thank you for this reassurance! I’ll take all the pixie dust I can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter