2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of anything they have to gain. If this is really a push from Disney and not a few rogue restaurant managers, I'm sure sales of the Dxddp will go down though.
If this is a new push from Disney, why would CMs on the phone and Guest Services (by email no less!) tell people they can use their dining credits to cover others not on the DDP? It doesn't make sense.

If this is a new push from Disney, why would CMs on the phone and Guest Services (by email no less!) tell people they can use their dining credits to cover others not on the DDP? It doesn't make sense.
It doesnt make sense but I do believe the restaurant managers were told something. I myself was questioned about using credits from a room with 1 adult and 2 children to pay for 2 adults. This was in early December at H&V.

Phone CMs are notoriously under informed. I don't know about the ones answering emails, but if you go back through the thread, you'll see conflicting info from them as well.

The Guest Services person I communicated with said she had "researched" the question about sharing credits before calling and then emailing me to confirm it is allowed.

Last week all adults and we could not share with a family member at Cape May dinner, Ale and Compass, and Turf Club. We ended up planning an extra TS last minute to use the extra credits. They were very firm that these were the rules for 2019. I don't think the separate tables each with a band from the same room would work because they put a hold on your credits in the computer while you do the tip transaction. Most meals they scanned the band at the beginning of the meal and asked us which people for which check. Homecomin was not an issue. It seems like none of the non-WDW owned places have been an issue actually.

Thank you and please let us know about the sharing of one dx credit between people. I have a family of 6 going next trip and would like to share 3-4 credits at non buffets as well. It is just so much food!
Yes, at all our TS (non-buffet/character) meals I have 4 kids sharing 2 adult credits, or 2 kids sharing 1 adult credit. So far so good.

I also find it very strange that @SPOERLX3 reports that the family she ran into and @shaunacb both ate at least 2 of the same restaurants, Boma and Tusker House, and had entirely different responses to sharing. Maybe even on the same day, if not, definitely within days.
Yes very strange. Now I am nervous about Ohana tomorrow! I’ll report back. If they don’t let us do it we will probably leave, and go somewhere else... any suggestions for a monorail or MK TS restaurant that generally has walk-up availability at peak dinner time around 6 pm?

Good news. We are here now. So far absolutely no issues sharing DxDP credits between two rooms, and using child credits for adult meals. Boma, Tusker House, Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage Adventure breakfast, Sanaa. I will report back in a few days on the rest. Honestly no server has even batted an eye. They can see when they pull the credits from one band that there is 1 adult and 2 kids in the room, but I just say "please pull all credits from this band" and "my kids are adventurous eaters, can they share something from the adult menu"... no issues sharing with our family of 9.
Another real time update: Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen no problem. Raglan Road, server had to check with manager to ask if the 4 kids could share 2 adult credits and that ended up being allowed. (I told him if it wasn’t we would just pay cash for the kids meals, but he came back and said we could use 7 credits for adult meals for our family of 9. So we got 2 extra alcoholic drinks there - and at Sanaa actually - and I paid for the kids milk with cash.) No problem so far pulling credits off one band with the DxDP in the room with 1 adult and 2 kids. I’ll report back in a couple of days.

Yes very strange. Now I am nervous about Ohana tomorrow! I’ll report back. If they don’t let us do it we will probably leave, and go somewhere else... any suggestions for a monorail or MK TS restaurant that generally has walk-up availability at peak dinner time around 6 pm?
The Wave at the Contemporary and The Grand Floridian Cafe are usually easy to get onto last minute. Thank you for the updates. I'm glad things are going well for your family. Please let us know about 'Ohana. I'm sure there's lot's of interest in that one.

I don't think the separate tables each with a band from the same room would work because they put a hold on your credits in the computer while you do the tip transaction. Most meals they scanned the band at the beginning of the meal and asked us which people for which check.

Anyone know exactly how this works?

Like, does it show there are other credits on hold so they won’t let you use the band to pay (because someone else is using theirs)? Or would this be fine as long as you have plenty of credits?

Phone CMs and even sometimes GR CMs, can be out of touch with park and resort operations. Changes made at the parks/resort level can take a while to trickle down to the offsite call centers and GR offices.

We also have an ADR at O'hana for our trip. Given the mixed reviews, I don't want to pay OOP for a meal there and will try to go somewhere else. Never had a DDP before. Do they scan your band BEFORE you are seated so we'll know whether or not they'll allow us to share credits, and can walk out if needed?

Don't forget to consider tip especially for people planning to share credits with non-family members. If you are just gifting a meal for someone that's fine, but as some people posted they are splitting plan for the week with another family, so whoever has bands will be stuck with the tips for all the meals. That would be a hassle in my opinion to settle up at the end, so I'd probably just let everyone get regular meal plan for simplicity.

Just got back from our week stay. Right before we left I was extremely worried about this. We had 2 studios (2 adults/1 child & 2 adults) at a DVC resort, the room with 2A/1C had the DxDP. I was armed with my email from guest relations saying sharing was allowed but I never needed it. We had no issue using credits for all of our meals, most servers said we were doing it the "right way" by splitting since it's so much food. At some restaurants we used 3 or 4 credits and at the buffets/AYCTE/Storybook dining we used 5 for the meal. We were also told many times that our son could order off the adult menu. We ate at: Ohana breakfast, Homecomin, Crystal Palace Breakfast, Boathouse, Brown Derby, Trattoria al Forno (character breakfast), Ale & Compass, Artist Point Storybook Dining, STK & Frontera Cosina all with no issue at all.

Just got back from our week stay. Right before we left I was extremely worried about this. We had 2 studios (2 adults/1 child & 2 adults) at a DVC resort, the room with 2A/1C had the DxDP. I was armed with my email from guest relations saying sharing was allowed but I never needed it. We had no issue using credits for all of our meals, most servers said we were doing it the "right way" by splitting since it's so much food. At some restaurants we used 3 or 4 credits and at the buffets/AYCTE/Storybook dining we used 5 for the meal. We were also told many times that our son could order off the adult menu. We ate at: Ohana breakfast, Homecomin, Crystal Palace Breakfast, Boathouse, Brown Derby, Trattoria al Forno (character breakfast), Ale & Compass, Artist Point Storybook Dining, STK & Frontera Cosina all with no issue at all.

I’m thrilled you had no issues but the inconsistency right now is maddening.

We also have an ADR at O'hana for our trip. Given the mixed reviews, I don't want to pay OOP for a meal there and will try to go somewhere else. Never had a DDP before. Do they scan your band BEFORE you are seated so we'll know whether or not they'll allow us to share credits, and can walk out if needed?
They usually scan your band when the server first approaches your table. So after you are sat but before you order if it is an a la carte restaurant.

Maddening and completely ridiculous if you ask me. I don't use DXDP so no dog in this fight, but it blows my mind that a company as big as Disney can't get their crap together on this. As much $$ as people spend on this plan, there should be no inconsistency whatsoever in how it's accepted.

Maddening and completely ridiculous if you ask me. I don't use DXDP so no dog in this fight, but it blows my mind that a company as big as Disney can't get their crap together on this. As much $$ as people spend on this plan, there should be no inconsistency whatsoever in how it's accepted.
I totally agree and will be REALLY teed off (to put it politely) if not allowed to share our credits with my brother. My brother who has cerebral palsy is is very disabled and on a limited income. My husband and I are planning to cover his meal expenses using our DxDP credits. He's never been to Disney World before and is very excited about this trip, so want it to be as 'magical' as possible for him. What kind of company gives misleading and false information, even if unintentional, on an expensive, highly touted product??

This. Even people who were there the same week had different experiences in the exact same restaurants! How to draw any conclusions based on these experiences?

My server at 1900 Park Fare didn't even blink when we said we wanted to pay for all four adults using our DxDP (we were in two rooms). No issues whatsoever (and fab mimosa, FYI).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter