• Ottawa Senators

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pittsburgh Penguins

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BDL

DIS Veteran
For hockey fans, it is now the greatest time of the year. Whether your team has been leading their division from out of the gate, or your team backed into the playoffs this past weekend, it doesn't matter. ANYTHING can happen in a 7 game series. An bottom seed can topple a top seed. A team down 3-0 can rally to win the series. An injury to a key player causes the rest of the team to pull together and rise up. It is sports drama at its finest. And it seems that NBC/Universal has caught on to how important the NHL playoffs are important, not just to the fans of their own teams, but of hockey all together. They will be broadcasting across 5 networks in America (sorry Canada, I don't know which networks you have). The games can be seen on NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, USA and NHL Network. And for the 1st 2 rounds, the games can be seen be your local broadcaster as well.

Once we are through the 1st round, I will post a survey. I'd do it now, but the options don't go up 16. Feel free to cheer on your team, boo your opponents and trash talk as you see fit (within DISboards regulations, of course).

Below is the 1st round match-ups. Good luck to all (except the Sens. I'm a Bruins fan)

1) Canadiens vs. WC1) Rangers
2) Senators vs. 3) Bruins

1) Capitals vs. WC2) Maple Leafs
2) Penguins vs. 3) Blue Jackets

1) Blackhawks vs. WC2) Predators
2) Wild vs. 3) Blues

1) Ducks vs. WC1) Flames
2) Oilers vs. 3) Sharks

Yay! The Leafs are in the playoffs! First time in four years! :woohoo:

Not just the Leafs. But not so long after the "Year Without Canada" playoffs, the Great Whit North is heartily represented with 5 teams.

PS: Thanks for losing against the Blue Jackets yesterday.

Rangers are back in it. Not getting my hopes up this year but excited to see if we can make it out of the first round. I just hope the rest most of the team got the past week doesn't come to bite us in the butt. Usually Hank needs to be out there stopping pucks but he has had a down turn recently which typically means he bounces back with a vengeance. Hopefully that happens now. The rest of the guys look great and I hope they get the speed back that we had in the first half of the season.

Not just the Leafs. But not so long after the "Year Without Canada" playoffs, the Great Whit North is heartily represented with 5 teams.

Wow. Did not know this. I only start to follow hockey once the Leafs are in the playoffs, so it's been awhile.
Yep. I'm one of those fans. :rolleyes1

PS: Thanks for losing against the Blue Jackets yesterday.

No problem. As long as we win the cup....:p

Uhhhhh...my Sharks have been spiraling down for the past month! Not sure we'll get out of the first round. Thankfully, our first home game is on Easter - in the evening! I have 20+ people coming for brunch!

I asked my fiance last night and as massive of a Rangers fan as he is, this is the first year I've ever heard him say he doesn't think they'll win. He said if he was placing bets it would be on the Penguins to take it for the 2nd year. I was absolutely shocked. Maybe he is just preparing his heart for ache early this season.

1) Canadiens vs. WC1) Rangers - Canadiens
2) Senators vs. 3) Bruins - Sens

1) Capitals vs. WC2) Maple Leafs - Would love to see the Leafs win, but I don't see that happening
2) Penguins vs. 3) Blue Jackets - Go Jackets!

1) Blackhawks vs. WC2) Predators - DUH! Hawks baby!!
2) Wild vs. 3) Blues - Gotta go with Minnesota

1) Ducks vs. WC1) Flames - FLAMES!!
2) Oilers vs. 3) Sharks - SHARKIES!!

Am I the lone Caps fan? :o

While we will never get our hopes up, it is a much better year this year than last. Last year they started SO strong and faded after the all star break. This year, at least they had to fight for playoff position and still had a heck of a season.

Am I the lone Caps fan? :o

While we will never get our hopes up, it is a much better year this year than last. Last year they started SO strong and faded after the all star break. This year, at least they had to fight for playoff position and still had a heck of a season.

Don't think they had to fight to hard, the finished on top of the league again with 118 points and pretty much clinched there sport quite awhile ago. It will be interesting to see if they can finally follow through on a great season. I know I will be cheering for them to beat the Leafs.

IM cheering for all the Canadian teams..even the Leafs.

Let's win it for Canadas 150 birthday!

My criteria is rooting for the team who has gone the longest without winning the Cup. Therefore, Go, Leafs, Go! (50 years, I believe, closing in on the Rangers record for futility.)

But we all know a Canadian team will never again win the Cup!! :D:duck:

Go Sharks!!! I'm hoping that the season ending win against Calgary is the beginning of a winning streak since we don't want to talk about March. :rolleyes1 Hopefully we'll also get Thornton & Couture back!

:yay: Hi Clutter - another Caps fan checking in!

And RedAngie by your criteria, the Caps are your team! They have NEVER won the Stanley Cup - ever!

Here are my predictions for the 1st Rd:

1) Canadiens vs. WC1) Rangers - Habs in 6
2) Senators vs. 3) Bruins - B's in 7 (at least 2 OT games)

1) Capitals vs. WC2) Maple Leafs - Caps in 5
2) Penguins vs. 3) Blue Jackets - Blue Jackets in 7 (explanation below)

1) Blackhawks vs. WC2) Predators - Tough one. Either Hawks in 6 or Preds in 7
2) Wild vs. 3) Blues - Wild in 4

1) Ducks vs. WC1) Flames - Ducks in 5
2) Oilers vs. 3) Sharks - Sharks in 5

... He said if he was placing bets it would be on the Penguins to take it for the 2nd year. I was absolutely shocked. Maybe he is just preparing his heart for ache early this season.

The reason I think the Blue Jackets have a shot at beating the Pens, is the 2013 playoffs. The Bruins showed that if you punch Crosby in the mouth, have the "Bobbo" flash the leather and not get down when the refs might have lopsided calls in a "certain direction" AND if Torts can channel his inner "Herb Brooks" and keep the rah rah rah going, the Jackets could shock the NHL world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter