• Nashville Predators

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Ottawa Senators

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pittsburgh Penguins

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nonetheless, that style of play isn't what the powers that be want to see. Hockey struggles to gain additional viewers in the U.S. and that style of play doesn't help.

No it doesn't but a team is not going to change the strategy it needs to employ to win in order to make the NHL brass happy. It wouldn't happen in any sport.

No it doesn't but a team is not going to change the strategy it needs to employ to win in order to make the NHL brass happy. It wouldn't happen in any sport.

Well they should perhaps change the strategy because it doesn't work. They tried it in 2010 against the Hawks and lost. They tried it again in 2015 and lost.

Well they should perhaps change the strategy because it doesn't work. They tried it in 2010 against the Hawks and lost. They tried it again in 2015 and lost.

This is slightly off topic, but Guy Boucher is utilizing the 1-3-1 trap against the Bruins right now. Not flashy and very boring. BUT, he was within 1 period of an epic 1-0 game back in 2011 of riding that style to the Stanley Cup Finals.

You make a good point of trying to bolster the popularity of the game here in the States. But aside from the CHI/Nash & BOS/OTT series, the fans have 6 others to choose from this round. Plus, I'm not worried. You play to win at home, you play not to lose on the road. Wait til Subban and Rinne are in their own barn and the US commentators talk about Carrie Underwood every 10-12 min. That will drum up some stir.

Lot of hockey left to be played but if they pull it off, I'm sure their fans won't mind the boring play.
This Preds fan did not find it boring, a little nerve wracking but not boring. I know from seeing this tactic used against the Predators that it is boring to the losing team. There is a lot of hockey left to play so you might get to see more exciting games.

If they don't have the players to run and gun, why would they try?

Hawks are embarrassing. Congrats to the Preds. Best of luck in the next round.
Thanks for the congrats but there is still a lot of hockey to be played. I never assume we are going to win. But for now really proud of our guys. Go Preds!

Thanks for the congrats but there is still a lot of hockey to be played. I never assume we are going to win. But for now really proud of our guys. Go Preds!

Normally I'd never count the Hawks out until the whistle blows in the 4th loss but they look toast, mentally checked out, and lethargic. Their stars already have 3 rings so it's not like they have that burning desire to try and dig their way out of this.

You can feel safe popping the champagne.

Let's see, my two teams have been outscored 10-3 and have been held scoreless in 4 out of 5 games. These playoffs suck.

Just ugh. Rangers started so well but now we are starting to blow it. I hope they at least score tomorrow. Nothing is worse then disappointing fans at MSG during the playoffs. I'll be at tomorrows game so I will hold out hope for a win to tie the series back up.

If they want the game to be more exciting, they need to create more open ice. Olympic sized rinks would be a good start. Maybe smaller goalie pads.

The Blues average player is 6'4", years back that would have been 5'8". The big guys (all of whom can skate now) simply occupy too much ice.

If they want the game to be more exciting, they need to create more open ice. Olympic sized rinks would be a good start. Maybe smaller goalie pads.

The Blues average player is 6'4", years back that would have been 5'8". The big guys (all of whom can skate now) simply occupy too much ice.

Or go 4 on 4.

Guess?!? I am just psyched we split in Ottawa.

It's always tough to be psyched about a loss. But just about everyone said that this series would go 6 or 7 either way. Gotta have some losses in there somewhere. And the fact the Quaider went down early didn't help. The kid had to skate 27 min this game. That's too much.

And, as 98.5 called it, "The MASH unit that is the Bruins" will be playing with jumbled pairs again. Still unsure which 6 will be back there.

It's always tough to be psyched about a loss. But just about everyone said that this series would go 6 or 7 either way. Gotta have some losses in there somewhere. And the fact the Quaider went down early didn't help. The kid had to skate 27 min this game. That's too much.

And, as 98.5 called it, "The MASH unit that is the Bruins" will be playing with jumbled pairs again. Still unsure which 6 will be back there.

I also felt bad for McEvoy, I am betting he heard a little bit of earful in the locker room. We know he can screen just not our goalie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter