2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I have three tentative weekends... there is no one food or wine demo I want to go to... Not impressive. (One of my options is the chef from Tony's Town Square arguably one of the worst options at Disney, didn't inspire me to see what he can cook here either!)

And the hostess gets a demo and a mix it all to herself. YIKES! An entire hour of her with no relief????

Got to hand it to Disney, conflict of interest and drinking on the job don't seem to be a bar to her career there!

None of the beverage seminars during my dates interest me or they interfere with plans. $17 is also getting to be on the pricey side for them.

So many culinary demos I want to go to during our trip. Mix, Make, Celebrate schedule is a total flop for us. Beverage seminars are mediocre at best, need to do some research on the wineries...

And just to let you know tomorrow is going to be a NIGHTMARE.

I just called Disney Dining to remember the "tricks" to get past the prompts.
"All circuits are busy now" At 12:45 on a Monday! OH MY! Apparently phone system upgrades weren't on Disney's improvement list!

Since I'm not happy with my demos, I'm thinking about doing one of the meals. However I don't eat any red meat, pork or duck. Give me any chicken, turkey, fish or shellfish, veggies, fruits, grains...I'm fine. Does anyone know if they offer alternatives? The 2 that I'm thinking of are French Family and Mediterranean F&W. I know French Family got rave views last year but I don't remember seeing much about the Mediterranean.

As a DVC member, where do I call tomorrow morning & what is the earliest I can call? Or can I do this online as DVC member?

And just to let you know tomorrow is going to be a NIGHTMARE.

I just called Disney Dining to remember the "tricks" to get past the prompts.
"All circuits are busy now" At 12:45 on a Monday! OH MY! Apparently phone system upgrades weren't on Disney's improvement list!
:scared: Bet the phone system was on the upgrade list. They managed to break everything else they tried to upgrade a couple weeks back reservation wise.

I'm with everyone else who is really peeved about the lack of offerings for special events during this year's festival. We always book for the end of the festival in hopes that the weather is a bit more bearable. There is absolutely nothing special going on the last weekend other than a Cheese Tasting & The Party for the Senses on Saturday, a Mexican Tequila Lunch on Friday & a What's Cooking on Sunday. The only on We might consider would be the Cheese Tasting since we've never done one. Apparently France did not schedule anything for the Final weekend so if we want to do the Parisian Breakfast & Parisian Afternoon we have to do them on the same day. There are 2 events scheduled for the final Monday but I will most likely already have done the Mediterranean Pairing & the Tequila Lunch during my Sip & Stroll Trip the end of September and I don't do Asian Cuisine so the Hibachi one holds no Appeal.

Have to look over the Deminar & Mix it Schedules now that they are out but I did see that the obnoxious one has one of her self promotion events on one of the Sundays we are there so that one is out. Kendall Jackson is serving their swill at several of the beverage ones while we are there so those are out too.

And in case anyone didn't notice the Schedules are all dated 6/15/2017 so they've been sitting on them for a month already. Nice of them to finally post them.

I too am disappointed in the demos and the Mix and Make it during my trip. At this point they only show four Mix and Make it events for the nine days I am there. And, I like food but the culinary demos are not foods that I enjoy. Rabbit, duck and lamb are a bit too risky since I don't know how they are going to be prepared.

As a DVC member, where do I call tomorrow morning & what is the earliest I can call? Or can I do this online as DVC member?

I'm wondering the same thing. Also, how much are the beverage seminars? We've been to culinary demos, and now that they're only offered once a day, we're considering a beverage seminar instead. For those who've done them, not only how much are they but also, what happens?

I'm with everyone else who is really peeved about the lack of offerings for special events during this year's festival. We always book for the end of the festival in hopes that the weather is a bit more bearable. There is absolutely nothing special going on the last weekend other than a Cheese Tasting & The Party for the Senses on Saturday, a Mexican Tequila Lunch on Friday & a What's Cooking on Sunday. The only on We might consider would be the Cheese Tasting since we've never done one. Apparently France did not schedule anything for the Final weekend so if we want to do the Parisian Breakfast & Parisian Afternoon we have to do them on the same day. There are 2 events scheduled for the final Monday but I will most likely already have done the Mediterranean Pairing & the Tequila Lunch during my Sip & Stroll Trip the end of September and I don't do Asian Cuisine so the Hibachi one holds no Appeal.

Have to look over the Deminar & Mix it Schedules now that they are out but I did see that the obnoxious one has one of her self promotion events on one of the Sundays we are there so that one is out. Kendall Jackson is serving their swill at several of the beverage ones while we are there so those are out too.

And in case anyone didn't notice the Schedules are all dated 6/15/2017 so they've been sitting on them for a month already. Nice of them to finally post them.
Hate to ask, but who is "the obnoxious one??

I'm wondering the same thing. Also, how much are the beverage seminars? We've been to culinary demos, and now that they're only offered once a day, we're considering a beverage seminar instead. For those who've done them, not only how much are they but also, what happens?
They are the same cost as the culinary demos and a similar format. The representative from the winery or distillery will usually provide information on the company and then provide samples of the their products. I have had food at some beverage seminars but only crackers to cleanse the palate at others.

It's essentially a group wine tasting. I'm also wondering about online booking. Theoretically, we SHOULD be able to as the system knows when you're logged in that you're DVC or AP. I've pulled up tabs with the right pages to try in the morning, and if they don't work I may just wait until things open for everyone. Every time I've had to book via phone it's a completely nightmare, including HOURS of waiting on hold. Just not worth it to me.

One more question- is this going to be the same as last year where only 15% of the inventory of slots were available on the early booking day?

Unfortunately or fortunately (since I will save some money) I don't care for anything on the Seminars for the time when I will be there. So sticking with the special events I'm going to book and Booths.

Hate to ask, but who is "the obnoxious one??

She's the host of the cooking demos. The only nice thing about the reduction in the number of demos is she probably won't be drunk! (Seriously she drinks wine non-stop and if there are several demos a day she's wasted by the last one!) She also thinks that you came to hear her and that EVERY chef is her best friend.

Some of the chefs are good and just keep her under control, but it takes a strong personality!

And now she has her own "spice mix" (AKA as a "I found something to make money off of at the festival" from what I have heard it's not really even very good) that gets it's own sessions so you just get her bragging about herself... NO WAY! LOL!

She is so obnoxious that I no longer sign up for demos. I am done with her act!

http://www.pamsmith.com/index.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter