2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I will not be booking any deminars without the usual details (chef-protein or theme) pre-announced. I'm also disappointed in the special events and previously enjoyed the one-of-a-kind, unique, and new events that used to be offered. The ones listed seem to be the usual events, and though I've enjoyed them several times, I like change.

On the other hand, I used to over-do and spend too much money on the special events so this will save me money. I will enjoy the kiosks more and spend more time at Pandora, etc.

So I just saw on another board that someone called Disney and they were able to give them in VERY general terms what the demo would cover... Vegetarian, Pastry, Fish etc... No details on specific dish or presenter

Which means that unless Disney gets it's act together booking tomorrow and Thursday is going to be worse than usual as everyone goes "well i don't like Monday's option, what's Tuesday?" and so on.

It's hard to believe how incompetent they can be at time!

Disappointed too, that there is no PFTS for two weeks in a row. We will be there October 28. Last year they had a "yelloween" or some such event. We will find other off-property events to attend but hit the marketplace. It does seem like a scale back on the deminars as well.

I will not be booking any deminars without the usual details (chef-protein or theme) pre-announced. I'm also disappointed in the special events and previously enjoyed the one-of-a-kind, unique, and new events that used to be offered. The ones listed seem to be the usual events, and though I've enjoyed them several times, I like change.

On the other hand, I used to over-do and spend too much money on the special events so this will save me money. I will enjoy the kiosks more and spend more time at Pandora, etc.
I won't book deminars without details either. It is ridiculous that Disney doesn't have this information posted yet with early booking available tomorrow. I was also a bit disappointed about the lack of new signature events and the availability of the ones when I am going. Perhaps it is because they stretched out the number of days for the Festival.

For the early booking window on July 18 for APs and DVCs, can someone confirm that the time is 9:00 a.m.? I am seeing this reported on a couple of sites.
This seems a bit strange as the general booking on July 20 begins at 7:00 a.m. and, previously, early Chase bookings from years past also began at 7:00 a.m. Thanks.

I've got a bad feeling about this, that maybe in order to book early and get the $2 discount, you have to book "blind", that is not know what/who you're booking. I know there are no refunds, but can you change your booking date? That is, if I book now for Tuesday, then when the culinary demo specifics come out, want to change to Wednesday, can I do that without penalty? But I'm still hoping that Disney proves me wrong and comes out with the culinary demo details today.
If the seminars/deminars have decreased in popularity as was suggested earlier on our thread why stick your neck out by booking early?

Technically, no you can not switch it or get a refund.
I was lucky last year. My trip was scheduled for the weekend after Hurricane Matthew hit South Carolina. I was surprised when Disney refunded all of my deposits for F&W events.

If the seminars/deminars have decreased in popularity as was suggested earlier on our thread why stick your neck out by booking early?
My experience over the last several years is most of the seminars and demos do not sell out, not like in the past. The few I attended in 2015 were at best half-full.

Last year, we did the Tequila Lunch and What's Cooking With with Robert Irvine, and the previous year we did the Mediterranean Food and Wine Pairing. This year, we're skipping all special events and focusing on the 35 Global Markets. The Trader Sam's event looks interesting, but we already booked Highway In The Sky for that day, and I will not spend for both events.

I'm actually fine with booking blind. I mean yes, it would be nice to pick specific demos/seminars that look more interesting than others, but we're really only spending 2-3 days, and on some of those days, there's only one demo happening. So that would most likely be the one I got anyway. And, this way, maybe I branch out, try something new I normally wouldn't have, and find out I love it.

The only concern I have is, how repetitive are these? Do they often schedule the same demo again on a different day? The only thing that I want to make sure doesn't happen is booking the same thing, two days in a row. If they're different every day, then we'll be fine.

I'm actually fine with booking blind. I mean yes, it would be nice to pick specific demos/seminars that look more interesting than others, but we're really only spending 2-3 days, and on some of those days, there's only one demo happening. So that would most likely be the one I got anyway. And, this way, maybe I branch out, try something new I normally wouldn't have, and find out I love it.

The only concern I have is, how repetitive are these? Do they often schedule the same demo again on a different day? The only thing that I want to make sure doesn't happen is booking the same thing, two days in a row. If they're different every day, then we'll be fine.

The only thing I've seen duplicated are the wine tasting deminars. I haven't seen any of the food demos duplicated. The descriptions for the wine are so vague it's hard to know if your duplicating, it will say something like California wines or Florida wines. I had one wine one last year that was a duplicate, I made the mistake of booking in advance and silly me thought there were more than one California vendors. There were but they don't list the actual wineray/vendor so I got a duplicate. I had one that was a waste of time, it was Florida but it was a small local winery that only did none grape wines like apple or pear and it was all sweet wines.

Reactions: BFD

They do repeat them quite frequently in my experience. For instance when I went last year, the Robert Mondavi winery was there at the afternoon demo the first 4 days of our trip. Kim Crawford wines and Meiomi Wines were every other day. I think the culinary demos are more varied than the beverage ones.

Reactions: BFD
So I just saw on another board that someone called Disney and they were able to give them in VERY general terms what the demo would cover... Vegetarian, Pastry, Fish etc... No details on specific dish or presenter

Which means that unless Disney gets it's act together booking tomorrow and Thursday is going to be worse than usual as everyone goes "well i don't like Monday's option, what's Tuesday?" and so on.

It's hard to believe how incompetent they can be at time!

They never give the specific dish in advance, it's always just generic. I can't remember if they gave the chef in advance, I know it's posted the day of in front of the venue. Here is a beverage menu
hygjK7poYAvyySp7NPDS3rNEVERg7d46lNuE-Uvi91Wc7keiAF44ReRXW7xObQR3ZUEzMmSOM3RG7ObknEBw9Zjc8GzqAWh_7uxXj49qTzcqJpTLc484bJVjvjUwKf01wdu4R4RCc0PNxN9uizWld0RPfT_9zwtCEsSpIaKRayghP_l8SVhUhVmgNzvsJTscpcPus5bJLpxBWFqJ49cteKpVm80KOTWESocPx0klCZR1ACiaBiQzh_rcuLp_Ksw9ki9YzTUhTHtX3Y3qsMUeE8j97MMHBFHNLxk4Eg2kh7NEca862RRBUH_XhDoe_W4MFZ4WRbLiNWr4CDp9l2DNP6YQjqarIq2dPonyyKYICtc84iVmr4vVft-DFFRdd7n7IFqlY7eCos_uc0D7UiLpnJRsxvPNDSPOMYXzH6_-yy0d9aZQFUXKUKfahxcAFsqZqZZ-ZynSK6pFLLs7hTNPi1c9R_oTx1_TfNBaRQOW1CNRJsOAlFWl3znXnq8X31Oe5SWY741lanCZWPFVncdSMEK5vAaSUGRhFnosxkh5gkJZct6omo74oQYWNz6gJF54hYX7hDgCuDPbTbvy3I6ESR10g4Clrri5w2gYK1phvBmrpPMrBhlnp5cO=w868-h1538-no

And a food one
LTh-_7VC2WMQF3x1ZoV3b_Byv2CysduRzvRuQwx9fEkbaUfaq-qGSw1n4nQK-ADuR28Nl_oi1tXHO6fN8WmZqcY4lhn6JzQc9ouTNa45bHKB30DP9p2BQszhtslowClBZGcne5CepGmqTwdGN2aED_1u26oFo8a4_4-lqyFYkUuWwlXcr-qzE18E6EJFxObGi6IXACfsOcjIjXT1w0onfZEfsbXyaFaHpkay-cLoc9SPudsvCVLEzJBpVofrG65FXW_LxWpdeBFBT1y_v_EOtA0q6ulSOjOn29QEDfOPoLgufaTcs8nyL8MYxu-w6EhNfJbhio6tM61f08-7wk_ADdlcyIWexJ3oWqVFtkR9OtbWHjKTn269DEZ39I7U1lHZRtheKddXWdJSp2bI4O3fK7hnjim4PLDILtXr0b3TDHGkRgUvI_ssM9vXnVEIVdpRAkekpFOTieefOU9zXiOn1aBMAEDCEmbkhUAf6Eo2_rp1NcfJCYT94ikrkGSg_HYDLx965sE1KvvNVb-eHJHuzEmk5iNXtG2ZFdAiAXEGqLPH8qJWX3UB9n8lJkTODX4yCkMG91TNmUn_EMrVfYcY4tZHqAA_bHpSW8sguoyNPnNao-Jit9WW=w2733-h1540-no

I'm so sorry, I must be dim!

We will be at WDW from 10/2-10/13. Is there a way to see ALL the events with links to descriptions (or menus) on like a calendar format so we know what is happening each day & can choose if we want to purchase event tickets? We have never been & I am finding it very hard to plan. Thank you!

I'm so sorry, I must be dim!

We will be at WDW from 10/2-10/13. Is there a way to see ALL the events with links to descriptions (or menus) on like a calendar format so we know what is happening each day & can choose if we want to purchase event tickets? We have never been & I am finding it very hard to plan. Thank you!

Nope, nothing in calendar format with each days offerings but at the beginning of this thread is everything available as it comes out.

They normally don't have Party of the Senses the weekend of Wine & Dine.

Yes it is a bit light but overall - it is light all around. There is like one week in October that is super busy.
I really wish I had put two and two together about PFTS. I knew it wasn't every weekend last year but didn't make the connection that it wouldn't be offered race weekend.

I still wish there was something more on Friday and Saturday.

Well crap, I swore I wasn't going to book a whole lot of stuff this year but after looking at the deminar menus, looks like one day at least I'm going to be a whole lot tipsy. I happen to be partial to the countries both wine seminars are from and the food demo looks good, thank goodness I'm staying at the Dolphin. I'll be staggering from one deminar to another, again thank goodness they are right next to each other. And wouldn't you know there are only two food deminars I'm actually interested in and one of them is on the only day the Med. food and wine pairing meal is so I can't go to it. Oh, well gives me more time for the food booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter