2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Anyone notice that for the beverage seminars, that the presenters over specific weekends are very similar and for some weekends, the same wineries are presenting on Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

I don't see many seminars and/or demos I'm interested in attending for the week I'll be at WDW.

Can someone please tell me where the beverage seminars are? I have never been to the Food and Wine Festival - are they indoors in air conditioning? Thanks.

Links for the beverage seminars, culinary seminars, and mix it, shake it, celebrate it are located on the first page of this thread, post #3.

Anyone notice that for the beverage seminars, that the presenters over specific weekends are very similar and for some weekends, the same wineries are presenting on Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

I don't see many seminars and/or demos I'm interested in attending for the week I'll be at WDW.

First....Thanks so much for posting all the great info on F&W! Your the best !

With you on the seminar situation..... maybe disney invited other wineries and they declined and/or Disney was charging them too much money?:confused3

Can someone please tell me where the beverage seminars are? I have never been to the Food and Wine Festival - are they indoors in air conditioning? Thanks.
The beverage seminars & culinary demos are held in the Festival Center which is the old Wonders of Life Pavilion (between Universe of Energy & Mission Space). Yes, you'll have AC!

However by the time this year's festival begins, Universe of Energy will be closed for it's transformation to a Guardians of the Galaxy coaster.

I'm wondering the same thing. Also, how much are the beverage seminars? We've been to culinary demos, and now that they're only offered once a day, we're considering a beverage seminar instead. For those who've done them, not only how much are they but also, what happens?
The beverage seminars are $17 each and last about 45 minutes. A representative from the winery, beer company, or distillery, generally gives an overview of their products. If its wine tasting, the winery usually will have a short presentation on their vineyards, the types of grapes that they use, and other information. Often there will be a video showing the vineyards and a history of the company. There are usually three beverages which are presented for tasting. The presenter will give a description of the wine (or spirit) and what to expect from the tasting.

The beverage seminars & culinary demos are held in the Festival Center which is the old Wonders of Life Pavilion (between Universe of Energy & Mission Space). Yes, you'll have AC!

However by the time this year's festival begins, Universe of Energy will be closed for it's transformation to a Guardians of the Galaxy coaster.
Thanks! Sign me up!

First....Thanks so much for posting all the great info on F&W! Your the best !

With you on the seminar situation..... maybe disney invited other wineries and they declined and/or Disney was charging them too much money?:confused3
I've been attending the F&W festival for about 10 years. IMHO, the quality of the seminars and demos are not what they were in the past. I think part of the reason for this is the fee that Disney charges the winery, distiller, etc, for doing a presentation. Also, the guests at the festival are now paying to attend the deminars which was not the case in the past. I'm sure some of the companies wonder why they are having to pay Disney a fee when Disney is charging the folks that are attending the sessions.

Disappointed too, that there is no PFTS for two weeks in a row. We will be there October 28. Last year they had a "yelloween" or some such event. We will find other off-property events to attend but hit the marketplace. It does seem like a scale back on the deminars as well.

You can go to the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic that weekend. It sounds awesome.

I would love to attend it. I suggested it to my family, but one of them has paternity leave that he must use within 6 months of his baby's birth, so we have to go in September.

Lucky you! It sounds like you can do it without breaking the bank too.

I called to ask what number to call Tuesday at 9AM and was told to call DVC (I'm a DVC member), but I assume the WDW-FEST number has to be open for AP, TIW and Golden Oaks (that sure ain't me).

Any word on booking online this year? There are no events that we're excited enough about to do the phone line fiasco like in prior years. Will DVC/AP be able to book online tomorrow?

Any word on booking online this year? There are no events that we're excited enough about to do the phone line fiasco like in prior years. Will DVC/AP be able to book online tomorrow?

Hi Sarah, I did not ask about online booking.

Anybody know why they are only doing mix it make it on weekdays and got rid of the good ones like Jack Daniels?

Super dissapointed about the seminars and mix its

You can go to the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic that weekend. It sounds awesome.
If I was considering an $ F&W cost event, I would give this a strong look instead. I've seriously looked into it over the past 2 years but ultimately decided that physically I can't eat enough to justify a cost event when I already have Fall Free Dining snack credits to max out at the F&W booths. This year, I have 2 snack credits/night because the plan dropped the QS dessert in favour of an extra snack credit.

So how do they justify P.S. doing a Back to Basics-free, culinary demo-$17, AND a mix it for $50! It's all on the same subject, making a spice blend, crazy! Also I love how they have Alex Guarnaschelli's picture on meet celebrity chefs and yet her name isn't listed as one. :confused3

I am excited to be trying to book a French Family Meal Traditions lunch and an Italian Food and Wine Pairing Luncheon tomorrow!

If I was considering an $ F&W cost event, I would give this a strong look instead. I've seriously looked into it over the past 2 years but ultimately decided that physically I can't eat enough to justify a cost event when I already have Fall Free Dining snack credits to max out at the F&W booths. This year, I have 2 snack credits/night because the plan dropped the QS dessert in favour of an extra snack credit.

I agree that you can't beat using snack credits at the F&W. My second F&W was 2011. At that time, the QS plan gave you 2 snacks and 2 QS meals per person. It was so worth buying.

I've been attending the F&W festival for about 10 years. IMHO, the quality of the seminars and demos are not what they were in the past. I think part of the reason for this is the fee that Disney charges the winery, distiller, etc, for doing a presentation. Also, the guests at the festival are now paying to attend the deminars which was not the case in the past. I'm sure some of the companies wonder why they are having to pay Disney a fee when Disney is charging the folks that are attending the sessions.

I'm sure you remember when there was free wine tasting at the Festival Welcome Center

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter