2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh. And DD15 is our "baby". 1 older DS is finishing up his last yr of HS and 2 older DSs have already graduated. I start homeschooling after they've gone to 6th grade in public school. I give moms who start right at k-garten a lot of credit!!

Another homeschooling mom here. :D My oldest is finishing 10th grade, and my youngest is finishing 6th. :lovestruc

I've caught up, hooray! There are 21 of us in my family depending on FD. My sisters and I are having a sleepover at my house tonight to take shifts on staying awake and refreshing and watching the DIS. Then we will wake up the others when the action starts! Two of us (4 sisters total) are Disney nuts and the other 2, plus our mom, love it but aren't obsessed like me and one sister. Plus, they are not good on computers, either. We are going to have a planning party at 7 till whenever, then sleep in shifts. We are going to school them on the system and all possible plans of action since we need 5 rooms. Pretty funny sleepover considering we are not kids anymore - 38 (me), 50, 52, 54 and mom is 72. Old Disney ladies sleepover!!!:jumping1:

Black, thanks so much for all of your info and advice, and thanks to everyone else on this awesome thread! Can't wait for tonight!!!! ✨✨✨

uhhh, this is amazing. I am so jealous because my family's reaction is generally along the lines of "fine, we'll go, but you need to do all the planning and oh by the way you are paying for our tickets and food and hotel too, right?" I only have one person I know that is my age and loves Disney as much as me, and he lives overseas and can rarely afford to travel that far. You are very lucky.

So what phone number is everyone calling at 7am tomorrow? Should I use 1-407-WDISNEY or is there another number specifically for dining and/or discounts?

If you're talking about the free dining package, you have to purchase at least the minimum days of tickets for each person on the reservation at full price plus either ph or wp&m, regardless if you're an AP holder, Florida resident, DVC owner, etc. You can then use those tickets toward your next AP renewal.

What if we don't do free dining, but do RO discount. Buy FL Resident tickets and adding dining plan. I know it can be done for annual pass holders. Wasn't sure if it was an option otherwise.

If I get a 5 day base ticket and add the water park option how many days is the water park option good for?

You guys have serious issues.....

12 hours later and 40 more pages>?>

giphy.gif

So, been watching this thread for some time but haven't posted yet. Still trying to decide if I want to go yet and time is running out! Here is my dilemma.

I am currently booked for 11 nights at Cabana Bay (Sept 22-Oct 3) so I can go to two full weekends of Halloween Horror Nights. If I decide to do Disney, I would go before checking into Cabana Bay. Since I am staying so long at Cabana, I was going to book transportation that included a free 30 minute grocery store stop from the Airport to the hotel to pick up some items to save money. The thing is, they only offer that perk for round trips from and back to the airport. If I did Disney, I would have to figure out something to get me to and from the grocery store on the 22nd but all I can think of is a taxi and that can get expensive.

My other issue is price. If I am figuring it out right, AS Sports would be $927.25 for 4 nights/4 day PH, $1079.96 for 5 nights/ 5 day PH or $1232.66 for 6 nights/ 6 day PH (traveling solo). I have a DVC so I get the 6-month no interest which helps. However, I am planning on doing a LONG Disney trip next Sept. when Avatar opens and I was just at Disney last Sept. For all expenses (including $35 for food per day while NOT at Disney and Bush Garden/Sea World combo tickets to take the free shuttles from Universal), my 11 nights at Cabana Bay is going to be around $2485. Adding four nights at Disney brings it to $3430. However, I could go to Cabana Bay for 17 nights for $3410 giving me another weekend of Horror Nights.

I really want to check out the new Star Wars Fireworks, Rivers of Light, Frozen and Soarin but I would hope they are all still around next Sept. Been debating what to do all week and I just can't decide and time is running out! I only set aside $2500 for travel this year but work has been giving me extra hours and my budget can go up. Plus getting 6 months to pay both the deposit and then the final payment off really helps. What would you guys do? Skip Disney, add Disney or extend Cabana Bay? Whenever I do Disney, I always go for 8-10 nights and even that doesn't seem like enough. Would four nights not even be worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter