2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No personal experience, but there have been threads on the theme parks board of Disney cancelling ALL the reservations when there's multiples under the same MDE account. The one I recall recently had 4. Two seems like a safe number since people often need 2 rooms for capacity reasons, but I don't know if I would chance 3 honestly.

That's what I was thinking. I'm already all set up to do 2 rooms on my MDE account, then do the 3rd room on my DH's account. Then, after it all settles down make sure they're all linked together. Ahh just want this to be over!

I
Was parterre place super far away from everything? The reviews I've read all day that oak manor is the place to be, because the other is a long walk from absolutely everything. River views would be great, that was our ideal choice but they were all booked. How did you like the RR?
i have to admit I only booked the RR because it was all they had at POR for my dates but I thought why not splurge for my 40th birthday trip. The rooms are nice and have a lot of nice details. The walk might seem far to everything but with views to take in it never really bothered us. My girls always enjoyed waving to the people on the boats as they passed by. There is a quiet pool between the buildings if you don't want to walk to the main pool. We even walked over to the French Quarter to use the pool there instead of the one at Riverside. It is a walk, but the theme might be more appealing to your kids. To me, at night, it felt like magic walking back to the room because the resort is so beautiful!

So, been watching this thread for some time but haven't posted yet. Still trying to decide if I want to go yet and time is running out! Here is my dilemma.

I am currently booked for 11 nights at Cabana Bay (Sept 22-Oct 3) so I can go to two full weekends of Halloween Horror Nights. If I decide to do Disney, I would go before checking into Cabana Bay. Since I am staying so long at Cabana, I was going to book transportation that included a free 30 minute grocery store stop from the Airport to the hotel to pick up some items to save money. The thing is, they only offer that perk for round trips from and back to the airport. If I did Disney, I would have to figure out something to get me to and from the grocery store on the 22nd but all I can think of is a taxi and that can get expensive.

My other issue is price. If I am figuring it out right, AS Sports would be $927.25 for 4 nights/4 day PH, $1079.96 for 5 nights/ 5 day PH or $1232.66 for 6 nights/ 6 day PH (traveling solo). I have a DVC so I get the 6-month no interest which helps. However, I am planning on doing a LONG Disney trip next Sept. when Avatar opens and I was just at Disney last Sept. For all expenses (including $35 for food per day while NOT at Disney and Bush Garden/Sea World combo tickets to take the free shuttles from Universal), my 11 nights at Cabana Bay is going to be around $2485. Adding four nights at Disney brings it to $3430. However, I could go to Cabana Bay for 17 nights for $3410 giving me another weekend of Horror Nights.

I really want to check out the new Star Wars Fireworks, Rivers of Light, Frozen and Soarin but I would hope they are all still around next Sept. Been debating what to do all week and I just can't decide and time is running out! I only set aside $2500 for travel this year but work has been giving me extra hours and my budget can go up. Plus getting 6 months to pay both the deposit and then the final payment off really helps. What would you guys do? Skip Disney, add Disney or extend Cabana Bay? Whenever I do Disney, I always go for 8-10 nights and even that doesn't seem like enough. Would four nights not even be worth it?

If it's the weekends you care about at Universal, why don't you do a weekend at Cabana Bay, then the weekdays at Disney, then the next weekend at Cabana Bay? It would cost less overall, you could still get the round trip to/from the airport, and you'd get to see everything you want. I can't imagine spending 13 days at Universal.

GRRRRR!!!! So, we called back and changed our dates since you guys all suggested we should, since the change to drop our first 2 days basically made a new reservation, and I wanted that all done before tonight's craziness. However, we were booked in a Royal Guest Room with a pool view. To change our dates, she said we had to lose our room type, and now we are stuck in a garden view. We really wanted pool view because that put us in Oak Manor, which I've read online is the only one with an elevator. We have 2 strollers and will have 2 sleeping girls at night so that was a must for us! So I'm bummed that we lost our room, the CM said it was an issueof inventory, not dates but I don't know what that means. We had the room, so the room should be part of the inventory, right?? I'm confused.

On a positive note, though, she said to call back tomorrow in the afternoon because lots of things could've changed by then, which was a hint that tomorrow is actually the big day. But then she said we could have her extension and call her directly because she will be there from 7a-11p tomorrow, LOTS of overtime! So that's a pretty good sign!

This was a concern for me as well so I researched it earlier this year. I read that all of the mansions on Magnolia Bend have elevators.

Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 5.02.44 PM.png

If it's the weekends you care about at Universal, why don't you do a weekend at Cabana Bay, then the weekdays at Disney, then the next weekend at Cabana Bay? It would cost less overall, you could still get the round trip to/from the airport, and you'd get to see everything you want. I can't imagine spending 13 days at Universal.

I thought about doing this but having to switch between hotels twice does not sound like fun. Plus, I want to be at Cabana Bay both Thursday's thru Sunday's leaving only three days at Disney. 11 nights (currently) at Universal is a lot, however Horror Nights takes a lot of you so I sleep in until around 11-noon and enjoy the resort and only go to the parks in the evening. On nights without Horror Nights, I am planning on using the free shuttle to Bush Gardens and Sea World since it has been years since I have been to either of them. That's why Disney would be before. I wonder what the RO discount will be. Anybody have any ideas what the value discount might be? If I skip the free dining and don't go crazy on food, that might be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter