2015 Annual Christmas Gift List Ideas for TEEN GIRLS

Please tell us where you found the pencil ornament? I have an artist in the family.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...il ornament&qid=1448678751&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Right now it says just 3 in stock.

I've been busy last night and today. I was doing a lot of cart-loading last night when the internet and phone went out (ice storm). This morning it was back on and I only lost out on one pair of leggings from Macy's. I feel like I got some decent deals. I got 6 pairs of $4 leggings and 3 $10 tops at Rue21. A few tops at Sears and a ring for $8.24 that was "originally $124.99". More tops at Macy's on sale for $12-$20. Their big thing this year is printed leggings and long tops to wear with them so I think I got a start on that. DD17 is so long torso'd that shirts you think will be long, aren't. Hopefully what I found will work.

I also got them more chargers for their phones to keep in the Jeep that we recently got, a Golden Snitch bracelet, and Miss Me skinny jeans for DD14. I also got this ring DD14 picked out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VKT2LAM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It's cheap but the reviews are alright. It's got a bit of a Disney feel to it!

I'd like to get DD14 a book or series. She's just finishing the Harry Potter series, and has read Tiger's Curse series. She doesn't like anything too creepy or romantic. No vampires. Suggestions welcome!

I'd like to get DD14 a book or series. She's just finishing the Harry Potter series, and has read Tiger's Curse series. She doesn't like anything too creepy or romantic. No vampires. Suggestions welcome!
Of course the Hunger Games and Divergent series if she hasn't already read them. I also really enjoyed the Ranger's Apprentice series.

So glad I read this whole thread! I opened a second window for Amazon and ordered away with my Amazon CC points! So far I ordered a Wreck this Journal for her and Exploding Kittens NSFW version for my college son who will totally love the off color humor.

She is also getting a Vera Bradley key chain wallet (filled with gift cards - a great idea I saw here), a light wash Levi's jean jacket, perfume, a camelback water bottle, maybe an iphone upgrade (her old iphone won't hold a charge longer than half a day now), and maybe a beauty box/Ipsy subscription. We are also paying for her to attend a big Young Life retreat she really wants to go to in a couple of weeks.

Thanks so much for the ideas everyone!

I think I just found the books I want for DD14. This one, and I'm going to include the other two "frequently bought together" books on the page:

http://www.amazon.com/Golden-Braid-...=1448679444&sr=1-1&keywords=melanie+Dickerson

They sound right up her alley- fairy tales, "clean romance", and a Christian slant. Plus there are a few others by the same author so if she likes them we can find more.
Have you considered any of the Janette Oke books? She is a Canadian Evangelical Christian author who writes Christian fiction. Her Love Comes Softly series (love stories) have been made into really good Hallmark movies which is how I first heard of her.

I always start this thread SO EARLY I know but I do tend to shop/return/shop so early so it only seems fitting....I kept notes last year of my Christmas Hits and Flops and vowed to not get sucked into the LITTLE CUTESY Gifts because they end up homeless and cost adds up on them

I only have one child, DD16, and this will be the hardest Christmas ever to surprise her with anything. She is not a girly girl, loves the store Hot Topic but honestly how much can you accumulate from there anyway? Loves or did love retro video games (Mario and Pokémon and such) and goes to a private school with uniforms so clothing ideas only take me so far.

THis year I was looking to do something different like NEEDS READS and WANTS or something like that. I always do a gift that relates to old childhood passions (small lego set or cute retro toy etc). She absolutely loves music and has different guitars...Was thinking of a ukulele ?

As you can see my list needs serious help. Anxious for your ideas!!!

Have one nearly 15 who also plays guitar, loves to read, & loves Hot Topic.

Guitar case?
Better amp?
Concert tickets?

Ours will be getting more Hot Topic stuff to be sure.

Scottmel-back to your Ukuele idea...my DD (18) wanted one last year so we gave her cash towards one she picked out. She had great success with this site http://www.theukulelesite.com/ . They are in Hawaii on Oahu and ship to the mainland for what I consider to be reasonable and fast.
Dont know if you have seen this before, but it is from ThinkGeek and is a DIY guitar pick punch. Cheap and cool-who doesnt like that? Got one a few years back for the kids and they love it.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e91b/ Uses any rigid plastic like gift cards, container lids etc...
e91b_diy_guitar_pick_punch.jpg

Thought I'd share this idea for those of you with guitar loving DDs. My DS just asked for a set of harmonicas and a neck harmonica holder so he can play his guitar and harmonica at the same time (think Neil Young, Blues Traveler, etc). You may already know this, but I didn't. You need a whole set of harmonicas because they are each in a different key. Different songs need different key harmonicas.

I'm finished. It doesn't feel like "much" but it definitely added up this year! The older she gets the more money we spend and the less she has to open.

TV for her room
Desk Lamp
Mounting frame for TV
2 Adult coloring books (including the Harry Potter One)
Make up
2 Necklaces she asked for
Exploding Kittens Card Game (the clean one)
Flat Iron
Fragrance set from Sephora
Shopkins set (her little sister is into these and for some reason she really wanted some too)

Stocking: Aloe socks from Bath and Body Works, Shopkins trading cards and slippers

Have you considered any of the Janette Oke books? She is a Canadian Evangelical Christian author who writes Christian fiction. Her Love Comes Softly series (love stories) have been made into really good Hallmark movies which is how I first heard of her.

Yeah, I read some of those as a teen because my Mom did (and I think I had a couple of her kid books). She'd probably like something a little more fairy-tale or fantasy right now, so I'm hoping those others fit the bill.

It's worth mentioning that the codes: SHINE (10%) and BEAUTY (25% today only) can be stacked for Beauty and care products on Target.com. I picked up two of the wet brushes, eye liner and shadow, nail care kit, lighted tweezers with zoom mirror and a couple other odds and ends for my girls stockings. $64 total came out $39 after RedCard and taxes.

It's worth mentioning that the codes: SHINE (10%) and BEAUTY (25% today only) can be stacked for Beauty and care products on Target.com. I picked up two of the wet brushes, eye liner and shadow, nail care kit, lighted tweezers with zoom mirror and a couple other odds and ends for my girls stockings. $64 total came out $39 after RedCard and taxes.
Thanks! I bought her the nail kit a couple days ago and some Burts Bees yesterday but today's codes are much better!

Thanks for this! I stacked the 2 codes, used my red card, and if you count the $10 gc I'll get with purchase, it brought the $37 gel manicure kit down to ~$15!

I've been skimming through the thread so not sure if this was mentioned, but if anyone is looking for Chi products, there's a Groupon for several items. DD13 won't use her flat iron enough to justify the cost even with the Groupon, but I haven't seen them that cheap.

I may be shooting myself in the foot! ;) (as in, it will be harder to get items once the 'secret' is out)

but...

has anyone else checked out this website?

http://whositswhatsits.com

DD has discovered she can plug in other websites to her Amazon Wish list - which is how I discovered this website... subtle Disney gifts! (her favorite is Peter Pan, so on her wish list is the Peter Pan beanie and the peter pan acorn necklace)

I may be shooting myself in the foot! ;) (as in, it will be harder to get items once the 'secret' is out)

but...

has anyone else checked out this website?

http://whositswhatsits.com

DD has discovered she can plug in other websites to her Amazon Wish list - which is how I discovered this website... subtle Disney gifts! (her favorite is Peter Pan, so on her wish list is the Peter Pan beanie and the peter pan acorn necklace)

OHHH-THANK YOU! awesome stuff there!

Finally received notification from Amazon that the Harry Potter coloring book I preordered is back in stock and finally going to be shipped!

facebook twitter