2015 Annual Christmas Gift List Ideas for TEEN GIRLS

i guess i dont know how to quote.

Ds16 told me I was overreacting when he told me what he bought for his new girlfriend.. said the other girls told him they like the PJ;s and the bath stuff. I didnt think I was overreacting. I told him I was afraid it would offend her parents and send a wrong message. They dont know him well. Anyway, I told him not to give it to her and we will think of something else. I do think he was trying to be sweet but really missed the mark.

Ds16 told me I was overreacting when he told me what he bought for his new girlfriend.. said the other girls told him they like the PJ;s and the bath stuff. I didnt think I was overreacting. I told him I was afraid it would offend her parents and send a wrong message. They dont know him well. Anyway, I told him not to give it to her and we will think of something else. I do think he was trying to be sweet but really missed the mark.

I think you did the right thing. It could be perceived wrong for sure.

Have him give her Bath and Body Works gift card if he wants to give her the Bath stuff:). PJs might wait a few years...

Generic 16 yr old boy? No would not like that.

But if the boy was otherwise a good kid, I'd overlook.

My 16 yo dd has her first boyfriend. He's a sweet kid but has absolutely no game. I could totally see him doing that because dd liked pink sweatshirts. He's very kind and respectful, but maybe a little socially awkward. so I would take my prior interactions with that boy into consideration.

Mom to three girls, including one with her first "boyfriend" and ditto to the above. I wouldn't be impressed but I wouldn't make a big stink about it either.

If he really wants to give her something from Pink, he can buy a sweatshirt or some other innocent item. He can also give her the gift receipt so she can exchange it if she wants.

Just wanted to check back in and say the OSMO game was a hit. I got it for my 13 year old and was worried it maybe a little young for her but it is a really cool game. Glad she had it on her list.

Just wanted to check back in and say the OSMO game was a hit. I got it for my 13 year old and was worried it maybe a little young for her but it is a really cool game. Glad she had it on her list.

Thank you for posting this! We are celebrating Christmas with the other half of the family today. I was struggling to find a gift for my (*much* younger) sister-in-law. After reading your post I decided to pick this up for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter