2014 Candlelight Processional Reservation

lauradis said:
call Disney dinning line to have them change it. they will charge you if 2 in your party no show $20

(407) 939-3463

My understanding is that as long as part of the party shows up, they don't charge the no-show fee; it's only charged if no one shows up.

My DD's arrive Thursday Dec. 11th but not till after 5:00 ...
They want to see Edward James Olmos for the 8:15 show ...
I can not get a ADR for the package late enough to have dinner and see the show (basically I wanted anything for about 7:00 to make sure everyone can make it but there is nothing)
How does the stand by line work ???
What time do we have to start standing in line to get into the last show ???

My DD's arrive Thursday Dec. 11th but not till after 5:00 ...
They want to see Edward James Olmos for the 8:15 show ...
I can not get a ADR for the package late enough to have dinner and see the show (basically I wanted anything for about 7:00 to make sure everyone can make it but there is nothing)
How does the stand by line work ???
What time do we have to start standing in line to get into the last show ???

You couldn't get a package with a time of 7:00 because that's too close to the start time; you'd really have to rush to eat and get to the show in time. (According to allears.net, for the 8:15 show your dinner time would be between 4:20 and 5:45). The way the standby lines works is just get in line and hope you get in. ;) I don't know when they start letting standby in, but obviously people with the package are going to be let in first. I don't know how popular Edward James Olmos is, but I would guess you'll probably need to get in line at least an hour before the show starts.

I doubt it. That book is hilarious and anybody with half a brain would realize it's not a kids book.

No way it could be half as good as the original with Morgan Freeman! :rotfl2:

:offtopic: Our IT guy was helping me with something with my iTunes the other day and saw that was my one-and-only audiobook download. Oops! :rolleyes1

No way it could be half as good as the original with Morgan Freeman! :rotfl2:

:offtopic: Our IT guy was helping me with something with my iTunes the other day and saw that was my one-and-only audiobook download. Oops! :rolleyes1

I think you mean Samuel L. Jackson.... And no, it's not nearly as good. Jackson's is WAY better.

I just added an extra day to our trip, so it looks like we'll be going on 12/21 with Marlee Maitiln. I wish we were going earlier in the month, but that just isn't in the stars for us.

Now here's a question for you. If we shared a meal for the CP package, (are we even allowed to do that for this package?) would we only get 1 sticker to see the show? Hubby and I tend to share most meals that aren't buffets.

I just added an extra day to our trip, so it looks like we'll be going on 12/21 with Marlee Maitiln. I wish we were going earlier in the month, but that just isn't in the stars for us. Now here's a question for you. If we shared a meal for the CP package, (are we even allowed to do that for this package?) would we only get 1 sticker to see the show? Hubby and I tend to share most meals that aren't buffets.

Yes, each package gets the sticker. Never know about exceptions but they've always been counted out for us when we've gone.

Have the package prices been released for 2014 yet? If not, does anyone have the list from last year? I've searched on Google with no luck. I'd just like to have a better idea of how much this is going to be. Thanks!

I've seen two different answers on the Dis to this question. I'll try it here: for Chefs de France, is it a set menu to select from or can you order off the menu for CP?

THX:santa:

I've seen two different answers on the Dis to this question. I'll try it here: for Chefs de France, is it a set menu to select from or can you order off the menu for CP?

When the package was first released back 1st week of July, it was a JOKE!:crazy2: When I asked MS the specific question about whether the package included appetizer, entrée, dessert from REGULAR MENU, she LITERALLY started attempting to read me a menu in FRENCH!:confused3 HUH?:confused3

Anyway, 1 hour later of confusion. AFTER calling the MANAGER of CDF, he confirmed with her that it was THE REGULAR MENU for the CP package and he confirmed that the menu that she was "attempting" to read to me in French WAS WAY WAY OFF! :mad: After this WASTE OF TIME, I am "banking" on the fact that the CP menu is regular menu, appetizer, dessert, and entrée!:)

I truthfully was ANNOYED!:mad I feel that Disney should BE PREPARED with prices, menu questions the FIRST DAY of a package release, not WEEKS LATER as I encountered this July!:mad: I spoke with Member Services about the issue and they "took note"!
CAN'T WAIT for the CP show and dinner!:santa:

Do you think there is a real experience difference between Edward James Olmos and Levar Burton??

Do you think there is a real experience difference between Edward James Olmos and Levar Burton??

I don't know but I picked LeVar because I always loved his voice on Reading Rainbow. My dh said, oh is that the Star Trek guy?

Dumb question. Are the celebrities paid for their performance at CP? I've always assumed they volunteered their time. Not sure why?

We were there 12/10. Order any appetizer, any entree, and any dessert off the menu with CP package. My wife had the Grilled Tenderloin of Beef, I had the Bouillabaisse. The food was mediocre but the CP was fantastic.

Yes, each package gets the sticker. Never know about exceptions but they've always been counted out for us when we've gone.

This seems to be a different answer from what I was given. I was told that each person had to pay for the meal, even if no meal was wanted (e.g. sharing a meal), in order to get a ticket to the processional. In essence, a reserved ticket to the processional is being purchased at the restaurant, and the food just come along with it.

This seems to be a different answer from what I was given. I was told that each person had to pay for the meal, even if no meal was wanted (e.g. sharing a meal), in order to get a ticket to the processional. In essence, a reserved ticket to the processional is being purchased at the restaurant, and the food just come along with it.
That seems to be the same as I said??? Each package ( ie, person) not each table gets a tag. You have to pay for the meal package and the tags will be counted out per paid package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter