2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Although those reviews didn't help much! They were great, and I loved the pictures... but both restaurants seem terrific! I still don't know what to choose! Sigh... high quality problems... ;)

I haven't replied because I won't be much help, but Monsieur Paul was one of my favorite, if not my favorite, dinner from our last trip. We also ate at Cali Grill, Narcoosee's, Citrico's, and Flying Fish.

We are planning on trying Yachtsman on our next trip and I am excited.

natebenma - those pictures help so much! We are decided that we will upgrade from the standard view. Whether we do garden or water/lagoon will simply depend on how much we can save. I think that it would be worth the money for either one. I also think that we will request a higher up room so that we can be above the noise. Thank you!

I was looking for a menu too the first time we were staying here, could never find one!

i have some pictures of the CL offerings in my signature link if you are interested. They have 2 hot offerings which changed nightly they included bacon wrapped scallops, bacon wrapped sausages, spring rolls, Spanakopitas, potato and pea samosas, conch fritters, chicken skewers, etc... There was also rolls, cheeses, marinated olives and mozzarella balls, breads and crackers, veggies and dip, caramel dip and apples, peanut butter and jelly, etc... They also had 5 choices of wine and beer. Later on there are dessert offerings and cordials. We really enjoyed it and are going back at the end of this month!

Thanks for your review and pictures. There are a few places you reviewed that we are planning on trying this trip (The Plaza, Beaches and Cream, 50's Prime Time and Captains Grille). Your kids are adorable!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

How exciting to be able to share Disney with your boyfriend for his first time.

:)

We won't be going on our earlier trip in June next year, I wish I could make 2 trips lol. You can remove me from that date.

helenb- once again, this was a really well written post comparing a stay at BC/YC to the monorail resorts. May I add this string of posts to the Trip Report/Resort Comparison Post I have on Page 2?

DD (8) and myself are taking our second Mother/Daughter trip 9/27 - 10/5. We have stayed at Poly and BLT prior. This year I booked BLT but there were no types of discount available. I would have paid the price grudingly but asked DD where she would like to stay. She looked at every resort and kept saying no. Until I pulled up the BC. Immediately she said, "I love it. This is the place for me."... I was stunned. But I booked it with the RO discount.

Someone help me ease my worries on staying off the monorail. And any suggestions to maximze the enjoyment of the BC would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Trish, I understand how you feel. I loved the monorail resorts too. But after a few visits I realized that we were spending the majority of our time away from the Magic Kingdom. That's when I discovered the Epcot resorts.

The big advantage to BC is the close proximity to Epcot. Literally, it can be as close as a 60 second walk if you are the closest end of the BC resort. While you probably won't be visiting Epcot every day, this is wonderful for the evening. Imagine going to a park for rope drop, then coming home mid-afternoon to relax at the hotel, and then hopping into the World Showcase for dinner! The International Gateway is right next to France, and we make good use of this, often having crepes for a snack... yum! It's almost as if the World Showcase restaurants are part of your resort.

Another advantage is the proximity to DHS. You can walk from BC (about 15 minutes) or take an easy boat ride (similar to the boat ride across Echo Lake to MK from the monorail resorts). And this is the kicker: you're close to *two* resorts. At the Contemporary you can walk to MK, but there are no other resorts on property where you can walk to another park, much less two parks, other than the Epcot resorts.

In addition to being close to two resorts, you are close to the Boardwalk, which is a mini-Downtown Disney set of eateries in a themed area. Again, never far from something you need!

And to top it all off, BC/YC has Stormalong Bay, the best pool area of any Disney hotel anywhere. Seriously, it's like its own mini waterpark. It's so good that they check resort ID for everyone who enters to prevent 'pool-hopping'. When we spend the afternoon relaxing at the hotel, it's almost always at Stormalong Bay.

The big negative to BC/YC is getting to the MK. You can take a bus, but we prefer to drive. We like to get to the TTC early and then take a monorail in to the park. It takes a bit longer, but the monorail is part of the fun, so we enjoy it. You just have to plan this into your transportation time. When you factor in how much time you save getting to the other 3 resorts (BC/YC is also much closer to AK than the monorail resorts, especially if you drive, like we do) then it makes up for the extra time put in to get to MK.

Hope that helps!

What helenb wrote was great!

I haven't found taking the bus to the MK to be bad at all- the ride is 12-15 minutes, plus whatever wait time for the bus. We have never had more than a 5 minute wait when we go early in the morning.

The other bit of culture shock you may experience is the difference in quick service options. There is the Beach Club Marketplace, and it certainly has a lot of selections, but my understanding is that the monorail resorts have a decent set up there. But as helenb says, the World Showcase can be your QS.

All

How quick did you get to the Yacht club using ME. Our plane lands at 130. I want to make some late afternoon and evening fps

I have been reading that free dinning has been sold out for many. My question is: I am already booked room only for Sept 2015, I will change to a package once they are out. I have also put , what I think is a large down payment, on my room only stay. If free dinning opens this time next year for Sept 2015, what are the odds that it would be sold out for me if I have my room and package pretty much paid in full by that time?

One other thing you should be aware of is that they will not transfer the money you have paid for a room only to a package. They will refund everything you have paid.....this will take a few days and you will need to make at least a $200 deposit for the package if it is more than 45 days out. If it is less than that you will be required to pay the package in full before your other money is refunded.

One other thing you should be aware of is that they will not transfer the money you have paid for a room only to a package. They will refund everything you have paid.....this will take a few days and you will need to make at least a $200 deposit for the package if it is more than 45 days out. If it is less than that you will be required to pay the package in full before your other money is refunded.

Omg I did not know this. Thank you.

:wave2: Totally excited about our trip and tinkering around with ADRs. Our flight gets in at 9:15 and I've got a 11:30 ADR at Via Napoli - the only time they had before 2pm. Do you think we'll be able to make it in time or is it cutting it too close? It always seems we wait 30 minutes for MDE and we're always the last stop. Or maybe it just feels like forever...

Back-up could be DH taking the kids and I would check-in, then meet them there, but I'd like to think we can all make it. One thing is for sure, we'll be hungry!

All

How quick did you get to the Yacht club using ME. Our plane lands at 130. I want to make some late afternoon and evening fps

:wave2: Totally excited about our trip and tinkering around with ADRs. Our flight gets in at 9:15 and I've got a 11:30 ADR at Via Napoli - the only time they had before 2pm. Do you think we'll be able to make it in time or is it cutting it too close? It always seems we wait 30 minutes for MDE and we're always the last stop. Or maybe it just feels like forever...

Back-up could be DH taking the kids and I would check-in, then meet them there, but I'd like to think we can all make it. One thing is for sure, we'll be hungry!

I wrote down how long the ME took to get from the airport to the BC in March. This was a Wednesday and the ME waiting area was empty. Our flight landed about 9:45am. We got to the ME and got the last seats on the bus at 10:06am. The bus pulled out of the depot at 10:15am. It stopped at CBR at 10:46am and only stayed there about two minutes. Then it dropped off a few people at BWI and that stop just took a few minutes, too. Then the bus went to the BC next. We got off the bus a little after 11am. Check in was fairly quick, our room was ready and we were in it by 11:15am. We dropped off our carry ons and headed to Epcot to get something to eat. We were through the International Gateway by 11:30am, stopping at the Marketplace first to buy a refillable mug so we could take a drink into Epcot with us. That mug came in very handy when I bought my first ever Grey Goose slush. ;)

Now I will admit that this particular trip from the airport to the BC was pretty fast. If it was a Saturday and the ME waiting area was full, it might have taken a bit longer. We love arriving on a Wednesday because the ME and the check in process always seem to go quickly. :)

helenb- once again, this was a really well written post comparing a stay at BC/YC to the monorail resorts. May I add this string of posts to the Trip Report/Resort Comparison Post I have on Page 2?

N/P, go right ahead! Glad you liked it! I 'get' the whole 'monorail resorts love' because that's where we were drawn at first too. It's natural to want to be close to the Magic Kingdom, and being on the monorail seems so cool! But once you realize how much more is out there in WDW, that's when the Epcot resorts start showing their true value.

Can you please add us to the BOG list! We will be there 9/27-10/4 Myself, DS (19), & DM @ BC CL GV. We can't wait. This will be our first time for F&W and MNSSHP. :banana: :banana: :banana:

The big advantage to BC is the close proximity to Epcot. Literally, it can be as close as a 60 second walk if you are the closest end of the BC resort. While you probably won't be visiting Epcot every day, this is wonderful for the evening. Imagine going to a park for rope drop, then coming home mid-afternoon to relax at the hotel, and then hopping into the World Showcase for dinner! The International Gateway is right next to France, and we make good use of this, often having crepes for a snack... yum! It's almost as if the World Showcase restaurants are part of your resort.

THIS is why I chose BC. Thank you for making me even more excited for our trip (the 22nd is getting closer and closer !! Fish and Chips, here I come !! :)

Hi everyone! We have 5 days and counting till we arrive. I'm so excited!!! I am finding that I can not sleep because I am ready to be at disney now. Any suggestions to make the week go by fast? A

Anyone there now and can tell what the weather is like and how the crowds are?

Thanks so much for all the past and future advice!

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

All

The two times I have taken the ME from MCO to the BC, it has taken around 90 minutes. We landed at 10 and were checking in by 11:30 am. The Magical Express stopped at CBR and then proceeded to YC/BC.

:thumbsup2

Can you please add us to the BOG list! We will be there 9/27-10/4 Myself, DS (19), & DM @ BC CL GV. We can't wait. This will be are first time for F&W and MNSSHP. :banana: :banana: :banana:

:welcome:

Will do!

Sounds like a fun-filled trip.

:goodvibes

Getting ready to do online checking, and as "quiet" isn't something we can request, the only thing that we would really like is an upper floor (about the only thing guaranteed to drive us loopy is noisy people above us LOL). Are all the higher rooms Club Level, or just regular ? Thanks !! :thumbsup2

Getting ready to do online checking, and as "quiet" isn't something we can request, the only thing that we would really like is an upper floor (about the only thing guaranteed to drive us loopy is noisy people above us LOL). Are all the higher rooms Club Level, or just regular ? Thanks !! :thumbsup2

No u can get 4th floor and have no one above you . Club is on 5th floor but only some sides of the building have 5 floors

Hi fellow BC/YC/BCV enthusiasts!
We have a family trip booked at the BC for Oct 18-24 and have 6 rooms to handle the 18 of us. We had booked one Club level room for my parents so that they could have a little break from the 10 grandkids once in awhile if they wanted it. Weeks ago, I had a call from WDW asking if I'd like to switch that room to the YC Club Level as the lounge would be under renovation during our stay. I declined, and rebooked them into a pool view regular room at BC.

But, now I'm concerned that we'll be walking into a construction zone at the BC! After seeing some bad reviews of the Poly experience b/c of construction I'm wondering if we should try and get 6 rooms at the YC instead.

Does anyone have any intel on what parts of the BC are under construction this fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter