• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: arrival day is a non-park, enjoy the resort day. So for dinner...... Captains Grille or Cape May Clambake?
We love Cape May. It is our favorite restaurant at WDW and we always eat there on every trip. :) The food is great and there is a good selection with a lot of variety.

Hello Teena I am looking forward to seeing you around the 22nd of June . I will be there for 15 nights and then back in the beginning of August .
I hope you are having a great time with the girls I know how much you look forward to your visits, have a wonderful mothers day :thumbsup2

Thank you. I should be there on the 22nd and 23rd. We might jump on the Fantasy on the 14th for 7 nights ... won't know until about ten days before. But if we do, I'll still be at work on the 22nd and 23rd.

We are having a great time. Just returned from a wonderful day of close to 90 degrees and no humidity ... country concert in the park up in the mountains. We all got some sun and had a wonderful time. Tomorrow is pool time!!

Hi everyone,

Staying at BC CL for the first time next week, May 17-20, 2014! Super excited. I was wondering if anyone had a menu for the club level offerings at night.

Thanks!

page 231-233

I'm assuming with it being close to the water I should take mosquito spray? I tend to get eaten alive but sometimes I can go nearly 2 weeks and then they feast on me just before we need to head home. I have some photos from AK a few years back where my legs are disgusting as they are covered in bites.

I bring bug stuff every year, but I have never needed to use it. If it doesn't take up too much space, it can't hurt to take some. I don't think I have ever seen a mosquito at Disney. Except in ITTBAB.

However, I have never done any of the activities by the beach, like the campfire or movie- can anyone report on the bug situation there?

Some people have commented about being bugged by no see-ums. The love bug season can be bothersome at Disney (late summer, early fall- not sure) but spray doesn't help with that.

And, of course, BC has its own resident insect mascot, Buzzy the Fly, but he is ok as long as you don't try sharing your food or drink with him.

:lmao:

so, I have caved and convered to an Iphone 5c. I have decided that I just cannot do Disney with the App, and its not available on my faithful Blackberry.

Of course, this also means.......photobucket App and the posting of many pictures during our trip.

Can't wait to see the pictures during your trip!

:)

we are booked at Beach Club for 1026/14 to 10/29/14, DH and myself, no children or grandchildren this trip. We are DVC members but no availability when we booked, (waited to long), so we are on cash reservations.
Looking forward to trying Beach Club Resort. Lot of information on this thread - thanks .

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cool1:

Saw 4 Imperial Storm Troopers in the YC lobby this morning!:cool1:

I heard they were cracking down on pool hoppers at Stormalong Bay- Way to Go!!!

:rotfl2:

(That is so cool)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Beach Club! We just got back from a girls weekend and I absolutely fell in love with this resort! I loved Stormalong bay, I loved the walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, I loved waking up early and going for a run around the boardwalk!
I am SO excited that I will be back this October with my family! 10 days at Beach Club Villas 10/8-10/17

So glad to hear you had a fantastic trip and

:welcome: back

:woohoo:

DD (8) and myself are taking our second Mother/Daughter trip 9/27 - 10/5. We have stayed at Poly and BLT prior. This year I booked BLT but there were no types of discount available. I would have paid the price grudingly but asked DD where she would like to stay. She looked at every resort and kept saying no. Until I pulled up the BC. Immediately she said, "I love it. This is the place for me."... I was stunned. But I booked it with the RO discount.

Someone help me ease my worries on staying off the monorail. And any suggestions to maximze the enjoyment of the BC would be greatly appreciated.

Also, could we get added to the BOG list?

Thanks!

I'll add you to the list.

:yay:

What helenb wrote was great!

I haven't found taking the bus to the MK to be bad at all- the ride is 12-15 minutes, plus whatever wait time for the bus. We have never had more than a 5 minute wait when we go early in the morning.

The other bit of culture shock you may experience is the difference in quick service options. There is the Beach Club Marketplace, and it certainly has a lot of selections, but my understanding is that the monorail resorts have a decent set up there. But as helenb says, the World Showcase can be your QS.

So sad! Was booked at BC 10/31-11/4 but TA couldn't get free dining so re-booked us at boardwalk inn. I was really looking forward to BC especially SAB! Crossing fingers it will open up & we can come!!

Keep looking and we will be wishing along with you for a discount!

:goodvibes

I couldn't talk DH into going back and I didn't want to go back with kids with him so I just booked a quick in Sept for me and my Mom! I've never been to F&W so I'm quite excited!!

Sounds like a fantastic mother-daughter trip!

:welcome: back

So excited! We'll be back to the YC this September. After a few years of trying other resorts, we've decided YC is our absolute favorite. So happy to be going back!!

Here's an official :welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo excited!! We will be at BC 11/19-11/27 free dining :cool1: ! Its our first deluxe stay so I am so excited to be at BC!!! Now I just have to learn as much as I can about the resort!!!:thumbsup2

Glad you are excited about your upcoming stay! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

First step is to check out the first couple of pages of this thread. There is a lot of info and tons of pictures which will hopefully get you acquainted with the resort.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

In May, a guest who will be staying at BC CL at the end of September (9/20 to 9/27) emailed the IPO to ask when the BCR refurb would be taking place. Here is the response received from a Yacht & Beach Concierge Itinerary Planner:

"At this time the Beach Club Lounge will be under refurbishment while you are staying with us. The lounge during that time will be in an alternate location on the 5th floor. Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with."

This is my info on the front page!!! I feel like I'm famous! Or at least that I contributed in some small way! It's the little things that make me happy. :)

Thanks again for posting the info, and I am glad it makes you happy to see it there! I didn't credit you because I didn't have your permission, but if you would like me to use your screen name, I can edit the post :)

I know how you feel. I was reading a blog post about the Beach Club Concierge Lounge and one of the pictures in the blog was mine, from the first page of this thread. I was thinking "That's awesome!"

Can't wait to get back to the Beach, lol Beach Club. We are planning Sept 19-25, 2015. It will be DD24, Me and my boyfriend 57 who has never been there and will be celebrating him being cancer free for 2 years. This years celebration is going to be in Vegas. We are planning on staying club level.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

How exciting to be able to share Disney with your boyfriend for his first time.

So... should I stick with Monsieur Paul or go back to Yachstman? Any opinions from people who have done both?

I'll post a link here for some dining reviews by emmysmommy. She has been to both a few times and has detailed dining reviews.

The dining reports are indexed, so you can click on the links in the Table of Contents.

Aug 2013: Yachtsman Day 5, Monsieur Paul Day 6: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49511389&posted=1#post49511389

August 2012: Yachtman, Day 5 http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987017

It doesn't matter if you have a reservation already for September 2015. When they release the discounts either free dining or a room discount, it is only for rooms that are not booked yet. So if the room type and resort is available for the dates you want, you should be able to get free dining. But if the dates and resort is sold out, they won't turn your existing reservation into a free dining one.

Some resorts are sold out quickly and others aren't even included in the free dining offer. Every year there are less and less free dining rooms available. I've never seen Port Orleans excluded before, which is what happened this year. So who knows what will happen next year. But September is the one month that is most likely to have free dining, which is good. :)

Thank you for this information. I was also surprised to see Port Orleans excluded

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms on this board! Have a wonderful day!

We'll be taking my Mom to this place, which truly looks like a combo do BC and CR. Dee, you really need to try this place!

5162b6501c78c61ee0a481f1cd918c9a_zpsb9cd1e89.jpg

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE BC/YC MOMS !!!!!!!!!

Scott - when I first saw the picture I thought it WAS Caifornia Grill!

Don't know if you noticed but we changed our reservations yet again-
we are now at YC August 17-20 and back to the GF August 20-27. Still not liking the new changes to the GF rooms though.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE BC/YC MOMS !!!!!!!!!

Scott - when I first saw the picture I thought it WAS Caifornia Grill!

Don't know if you noticed but we changed our reservations yet again-
we are now at YC August 17-20 and back to the GF August 20-27. Still not liking the new changes to the GF rooms though.

Actually, that place is about 40 min from where I live, and very close to Dee!

Wow...now our schedules are incredibly similar! We are at YC from 8/17-8/23 and GF from 8/23-8/25. The renovations are slightly growing on me, but I miss the Disney touches. Let's hope whoever designed the GF rooms doesn't get anywhere near BC/YC! We'll see soon as BWI is going under rehab this summer. Let's cross our fingers that the renos there will be better thought out than those at the GF.

ANy thoughts on new menu for BREAKFAST or Lunch at Captains Grille?

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the lagoon/waterview is worth the money?

We are planning on sitting on the balcony and having a glass of wine after the kids go to bed (7:30 or 8), so the view matters. I don't think we will want standard, but wondering if lagoon is worth it. I am very tempted if I can save enough, but don't want to feel like I am wasting money.

page 234-237

Thanks to everyone who has answered questions in the past few days.

:thumbsup2

I second that! Your post made me so excited! You summed it up so well and DD loves HS. The thought of getting to Epcot that quickly has me rethinking Park Hoppers!!! My sincerest thanks.

We have never been a park-hopping family. Our plan of action was always: get on the bus (or drive in if we were offsite), rope drop and close the same park. Next day, new park. BUT........

Last night after also "rethinking" it regarding the BC's proximity to EPCOT and DHS, I mentioned to my DH some of the unique benefits to having a hopper pass when staying at this resort. He said, "Go for it!" So I'm calling to add the hopping option to all of our tix! I want to, as helenb said, feel like the World Showcase is part of our resort!! I think it will be cool to come "home" from MK via the Epcot monorail (love entering Epcot this way!), walk through Epcot (hitting a ride or two), exiting at International Gateway and right to our resort!!

I don't think you'll regret switching to hoppers. I can't imagine staying at BC without that flexibility. It's a real treat to use World Showcase for lunch or dinner quick service. Or snacks. Or drinks. So much yum in one 5 minute walk from your resort room. Our favorite is to grab lunch at the bakery in France and walk back to our room to eat and relax for the afternoon before heading to another park.

Agree! Although I think I would want hoppers no matter where I stayed if it was onsite. We haven't done the single park tickets since we tried hoppers (13 years ago!).

Agree! Wouldn't think of staying in Epcot resort w/o hoppers. We have dinner there most nights and sometimes just walk in to go to bakery in France!!

We always have hoppers, too, and it is especially important when you are staying at an EPCOT resort- makes it so easy to hop into the WS for food or to see Illuminations on the spur of the moment.

Now, unless things have changed, the price to add hoppers to your tickets is the same no matter when you do it. If you are not absolutely positive you will use hoppers, you can wait to add it until you decide that you do want it. Does that make sense?

But of course, the sooner you add the feature, the sooner you can start using it!!!

Subscribing. My friend and I will be at the Beach Club from January 4-13th for the 2015 Dopey Challenge. This is our first time staying at the BC, and her first time staying at an EPCOT resort.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

OMG- is the Dopey the 3 marathon thing??? :scared1:

Good for you!

Haha... Yeah... I guess I'm still on my high from the weekend!!! I honestly didn't think I'd like a resort as much as the Poly... But I think the BC just became my new favorite resort!

Love reading this!

:wave2:

We're heading to BC on a bounce back for the end of August (20-29). It will be our first time there... quite literally since we've never even been to the Boardwalk (and this will be our 4th visit since 2010 :blush:). Just seems like there is NEVER enough time to do everything we want to do!

Last year was a split stay with SSR & CR. We LOVED staying at a monorail resort, and the villa's at SSR feel like a second home after staying there twice, but I wanted to give the kids a chance to enjoy SAB this time. They don't know we're going back, and I don't plan to tell them until just before we leave.

We are all park commando's, and LOVE getting pre-park open ADRs, but I really think this time we will spend a lot of our time at the resort, so I've booked quite a few of our ADRs at restaurants within walking distance... most of which we haven't tried before.

Anyway, I can't wait to read everyone's posts and get acquainted with BC. I've already learned a lot just going through the FAQ.

pixiedust:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi Dee would you please add me to the Be Our Guest List for 08/02/2014 to 08/10/2014 . I'm going back, will not even be home a month and I get to go back again :dance3:.This is going to be a great summer . :banana::banana::banana:

That's awesome!!!

Will do! BC???

Hi Dee, Please add us to the Be our Guest list, arriving 10/25/14 to 10/29/14.
We are DVC members, first time at Beach Club, looking forward to resort.
Just Dh and myself. Love all the information on thesse threads. Thanks

Did you add on a day? I had you down for Oct 26.

Question: arrival day is a non-park, enjoy the resort day. So for dinner...... Captains Grille or Cape May Clambake?

I have done both on arrival day. Captain's Grille was really nice because it is laid back and I enjoyed being served rather than deal with a buffet, but we didn't have a relaxing enjoy the resort day. We hit both MK and EP upon arrival at the resort.

Can't go wrong with either IMHO.

There are reviews of both places in the Dining Post on Page 1.

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone,

Staying at BC CL for the first time next week, May 17-20, 2014! Super excited. I was wondering if anyone had a menu for the club level offerings at night.

Thanks!

I'll put you in as a last minute addition to the Be Our Guest list.

I have never seen a set menu.

There are some links on the Concierge/Club Level post on Page 1 that will give you samples of what is served. They also test out different items often, so it is hard to predict what will be served, especially in the evening.

Th

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms on this board! Have a wonderful day!

We'll be taking my Mom to this place, which truly looks like a combo do BC and CR. Dee, you really need to try this place!

5162b6501c78c61ee0a481f1cd918c9a_zpsb9cd1e89.jpg

I do have to get over there to eat sometime! Hope you had a fantastic meal.

ANy thoughts on new menu for BREAKFAST or Lunch at Captains Grille?

Ohhhh- haven't seen the new menus. I'll have to check them out and link them up.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the lagoon/waterview is worth the money?

We are planning on sitting on the balcony and having a glass of wine after the kids go to bed (7:30 or 8), so the view matters. I don't think we will want standard, but wondering if lagoon is worth it. I am very tempted if I can save enough, but don't want to feel like I am wasting money.

A lot of the Garden views are lovely, and the water views are spectacular. I have a view thread set up so you can see some samples of some of the views you might have.

I'll edit the link in a minute.

ETA:

What will the view from my room be?

Effective with reservations on January 1, 2011, the view categories at the Beach and Yacht Clubs were reclassified into 3 booking categories:

Standard view- parking lot or rooftops
Garden view- something green- trees or courtyard
Lagoon or Water view- lake or pool

I started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The purpose of these threads is to give some samples of rooms in various view categories (standard, garden, lagoon/pool) at the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

Please note that we generally do not recommend that you request a particular room number for your stay at the resort, but instead let the room assigner know what is most important to you

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the lagoon/waterview is worth the money? We are planning on sitting on the balcony and having a glass of wine after the kids go to bed (7:30 or 8), so the view matters. I don't think we will want standard, but wondering if lagoon is worth it. I am very tempted if I can save enough, but don't want to feel like I am wasting money.

We stayed GV last October and we had a view towards Epcot, we were near the secret entrance. We would sometimes be home for illuminations and had a lovely view of the fireworks. Other than that it was trees and a slight view of the Epcot ball! Very quiet, you could sometimes hear the eat to the beat concerts. Other than that, nothing to exciting to look at.

We did sort of wish we had a room overlooking the lake, the ones at the very end that looked directly onto the lake looked like they got the sun most the day but then they had us looking into them every time we passed!

We loved the room we had and would stay GV again, if money were no issue then yes I would upgrade to WV as I like to people watch and love the boardwalk, not sure how the noise level would be.

Other than that I could not justify the price difference as we weren't always back in our room till after 9, we too had planned to be back early and sit and have drinks but that only happened a few times! DD2 would usually fall asleep in the stroller about 8pm so that gave me or DH an hour or so with DD10 in the parks while I watched her or did rider switch without the drama!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I was looking for a menu too the first time we were staying here, could never find one!

i have some pictures of the CL offerings in my signature link if you are interested. They have 2 hot offerings which changed nightly they included bacon wrapped scallops, bacon wrapped sausages, spring rolls, Spanakopitas, potato and pea samosas, conch fritters, chicken skewers, etc... There was also rolls, cheeses, marinated olives and mozzarella balls, breads and crackers, veggies and dip, caramel dip and apples, peanut butter and jelly, etc... They also had 5 choices of wine and beer. Later on there are dessert offerings and cordials. We really enjoyed it and are going back at the end of this month!

page 231-233
I'll post a link here for some dining reviews by emmysmommy. She has been to both a few times and has detailed dining reviews.

The dining reports are indexed, so you can click on the links in the Table of Contents.

Aug 2013: Yachtsman Day 5, Monsieur Paul Day 6: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49511389&posted=1#post49511389

August 2012: Yachtman, Day 5 http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987017

Thank you! Although those reviews didn't help much! They were great, and I loved the pictures... but both restaurants seem terrific! I still don't know what to choose! Sigh... high quality problems... ;)

I am all about a view! I love the garden view at YC.....if you stay on the wedding gazebo side you can get a sideways look at the lagoon. I am not a fan of paying for water view here bc waterview can be quiet pool which I can assure you is NOT always quiet..even at night! So garden view to me is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter