2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange question for my Beach Club peeps: A friend suggested I surprise my wife with a stop at the Main Street Barber at the MK so she can be sprinkled with some pixie dust. Is this possible, and is it a good idea? I'm the Disney fanatic, so I want this trip full of special moments for her. But is it silly for a middle aged woman to get pixie dust? Do you need an appointment?

To each their own...but we had a magical time when my two sons did this. The barber was awesome and my guys got a lot of attention walking around the park. We didn't wait in line either, but you should call ahead and check the hours. Here are some photos for you to see what there is to offer, but keep in mind you can do whatever you like. And, it all washed out in the shower. No Pixie Dust of this nature in SAB!

LOVE those photos. DD got pixie dusted at DTD but it was just glitter not anything like that! That is some serious Pixie Dust!!!:lmao:

Don't hold back frozengurl...... Tell us how you really feel about the BC :goodvibes
Haha... Yeah... I guess I'm still on my high from the weekend!!! I honestly didn't think I'd like a resort as much as the Poly... But I think the BC just became my new favorite resort!

Strange question for my Beach Club peeps: A friend suggested I surprise my wife with a stop at the Main Street Barber at the MK so she can be sprinkled with some pixie dust. Is this possible, and is it a good idea? I'm the Disney fanatic, so I want this trip full of special moments for her. But is it silly for a middle aged woman to get pixie dust? Do you need an appointment?
I love Harmony Barber Shop!!! I think it's sweet! They can "style" her hair as well as sprinkle pixie dust! I have seen adults in there getting their hair done but you'll definitely see more kids! (Naturally) Go for it! If you don't make an appointment get there at RD and go straight to the barber shop!

:wave2:

We're heading to BC on a bounce back for the end of August (20-29). It will be our first time there... quite literally since we've never even been to the Boardwalk (and this will be our 4th visit since 2010 :blush:). Just seems like there is NEVER enough time to do everything we want to do!

Last year was a split stay with SSR & CR. We LOVED staying at a monorail resort, and the villa's at SSR feel like a second home after staying there twice, but I wanted to give the kids a chance to enjoy SAB this time. They don't know we're going back, and I don't plan to tell them until just before we leave.

We are all park commando's, and LOVE getting pre-park open ADRs, but I really think this time we will spend a lot of our time at the resort, so I've booked quite a few of our ADRs at restaurants within walking distance... most of which we haven't tried before.

Anyway, I can't wait to read everyone's posts and get acquainted with BC. I've already learned a lot just going through the FAQ.

pixiedust:

Can this be found on youtube? I'm looking. Can't find it. :confused3
The "official" stream was very choppy and broken up.
The "after" one was more clear and the battery was running low so they moved.

He said he was not recording it. It was on UStream So funny

Hi Dee would you please add me to the Be Our Guest List for 08/02/2014 to 08/10/2014 . I'm going back, will not even be home a month and I get to go back again :dance3:.This is going to be a great summer . :banana::banana::banana:

I have been reading that free dinning has been sold out for many.
My question is:
I am already booked room only for Sept 2015, I will change to a package once they are out. I have also put , what I think is a large down payment, on my room only stay.

If free dinning opens this time next year for Sept 2015, what are the odds that it would be sold out for me if I have my room and package pretty much paid in full by that time?

Can anyone tell me what time is the earliest you can use SAB on your arrival day? I know check in is not until 3:00, but we are hoping to arrive early in the day and wondered what time we can begin swimming and exploring the resort? Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

Does anyone know, or have you experienced, walking behind Epcot on the Avenue of the Stars? It is tough to tell from Google Maps if there is access from the front of Epcot or the path to the international gateway.

Can anyone tell me what time you can start using SAB on your arrival day? I know check in is not until 3:00, but we are hoping to arrive early in the day and we wondered what is the earliest we can swim and begin to explore our new resort? Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to answer this question!

Can anyone tell me what time you can start using SAB on your arrival day? I know check in is not until 3:00, but we are hoping to arrive early in the day and we wondered what is the earliest we can swim and begin to explore our new resort? Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to answer this question!
You can check in before 3pm, but your room may not be available. You will still be able to use SAB if it is open (might not be until 9 or 10am), and explore the resort. Have a great trip!

I have been reading that free dinning has been sold out for many.
My question is:
I am already booked room only for Sept 2015, I will change to a package once they are out. I have also put , what I think is a large down payment, on my room only stay.

If free dinning opens this time next year for Sept 2015, what are the odds that it would be sold out for me if I have my room and package pretty much paid in full by that time?

It doesn't matter if you have a reservation already for September 2015. When they release the discounts either free dining or a room discount, it is only for rooms that are not booked yet. So if the room type and resort is available for the dates you want, you should be able to get free dining. But if the dates and resort is sold out, they won't turn your existing reservation into a free dining one.

Some resorts are sold out quickly and others aren't even included in the free dining offer. Every year there are less and less free dining rooms available. I've never seen Port Orleans excluded before, which is what happened this year. So who knows what will happen next year. But September is the one month that is most likely to have free dining, which is good. :)

Just checking in and reading up!

Very excited that we are almost paid off!!

We didn't end up getting any discounts for our dates so we are paying rack rate for 9 nights Beach Club Garden view :crazy2::crazy2:, but we are still excited!!

This is a big WDW splurge trip, so we think it's worth it! :p

great news

Hi Dee, Please add us to the Be our Guest list, arriving 10/25/14 to 10/29/14.
We are DVC members, first time at Beach Club, looking forward to resort.
Just Dh and myself. Love all the information on thesse threads. Thanks

Question: arrival day is a non-park, enjoy the resort day. So for dinner...... Captains Grille or Cape May Clambake?

great news

Hello Teena I am looking forward to seeing you around the 22nd of June . I will be there for 15 nights and then back in the beginning of August .
I hope you are having a great time with the girls I know how much you look forward to your visits, have a wonderful mothers day :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter