2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggie is dinner at Be our Guest for Paige's 10th birthday and Flying Fish for our Wedding Anniversary.

I've tried to put my CC details in ready, but it doesn't like my UK card. Hopefully it will go smoothly on Thursday (11am here in the UK) *** I don't want to have to sweat it out for an hour waiting for the phone lines to open.

Didn't a Dis Meet get scheduled for Monday 8/18 in the Solarium at 6:30? I can't wait to see everybody!!!! And Jeanne will be so delighted you are bringing goodies from "home". I'll pack them up and take them with me when I fly out on the 19th!!

You all spoil me and my family so much. You have no idea how much we appreciate it!!!!
:sad: we will be at Universal 8/17-8/19 I wonder how much a cab would be round trip? Ugh. So close, lol! Don't get to wdw till 8/20!
Wish I could bring some of our BC corn! NJ & I could have a contest as to who has the best :rotfl:

Beginning to wonder if I should switch to BC after reading some negatives on TripAdvisor about YC. I know that YC isn't for everybody but my concern is with the state of the rooms--many are described as old and filthy. Going in August and not sure what to do...have waited so long to stay at YC...we've been booked but always had to cancel for one reason or another.

Any thoughts on this?
We had a great room at YC last Aug. I take those reviews with a grain of salt!

Hola everyone! I would appreciate it if you could take a peek at the Be Our Guest list to see if your information is correct.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

FYI- I will be away on vacation next week and MickeyT will be making note of additions or changes to the list for me. I'll make the updates when I get back. Mike- I'll take care of any activity until noon today, then I will send the list to you.

We are making our 4th trip to the Barceló Maya in Mexico- awesome all-inclusive resort with beautiful beaches and excellent snorkeling. Highly recommended if you are considering a tropical vacation- I have pictures in a couple of my trip reports from our trip last year and 2011.

I'll be checking in a few more times, but I want to wish everyone a great week!!!

Adios, amigos!

Have a great trip Dee!!

For those of you going to disneyworld in late april/may of this year. A bunch of Be our Guest dinner reservations just opened up. We booked our late april trip only a month or so ago and missed the 180 day opening window. But was able to get reservations for dinner april 29th. Seems like a bunch have been opened for the month of may as well I have been reading about it online. I am sure they wont last long.

We had lunch at be our guest this past october I was not that thrilled with it but I figured we would give dinner a go.

Ferrentinos: My son loved the Sandcastle Club and would actually ask to go. He's now aged out but would recommend it to anyone.

As far as reservations, I've seen it almost empty and I've seen it completely full. I guess it all depends on who is visiting at the time with young children that have plans which calls for a sitter. If you know definitely when you will need it, I would go ahead and reserve. Just be sure to cancel if you change your mind. You may still be able to get a last minute reservation when you're there too but if your plans would be ruined without it I would go ahead and book.

Absolutely agree with YCFAN - ds loved Sandcastle club! He actually hated when he was too old to go.

We never had a problem booking last minute either. Lots of times he would just ask as we were ready to go out to dinner if he could go to the Sandcastle club instead.

If we had a special dinner planned we would book ahead of time, if not we would just wing it.

Dee - I forgot you are going to Mexico! I hope you have a wonderful time. I know you will be none too sad to get away from this weather! Enjoy! Soak up a little sun for me! :goodvibes

Ferrentinos: My son loved the Sandcastle Club and would actually ask to go. He's now aged out but would recommend it to anyone.

As far as reservations, I've seen it almost empty and I've seen it completely full. I guess it all depends on who is visiting at the time with young children that have plans which calls for a sitter. If you know definitely when you will need it, I would go ahead and reserve. Just be sure to cancel if you change your mind. You may still be able to get a last minute reservation when you're there too but if your plans would be ruined without it I would go ahead and book.

Absolutely agree with YCFAN - ds loved Sandcastle club! He actually hated when he was too old to go.

We never had a problem booking last minute either. Lots of times he would just ask as we were ready to go out to dinner if he could go to the Sandcastle club instead.

If we had a special dinner planned we would book ahead of time, if not we would just wing it.

Great information! We have a date night planned at Yachtsman Steakhouse - this will be our 5th trip with DD3 to WDW but out first date while there! We're super excited - DD3 is in daycare 3 days a week so we hope that the transition will go smoothly to the club - since we have our date night picked we will just go ahead and book the Sandcastle Club ahead too. I feel like she may cry when we leave her but then will be having so much fun when we go to get her that she won't want to leave! :-)

Just added a day to our August stay at the YC! Going a day earlier to possibly attend the special event being hosted by our travel agency at Norway! very excited :) YC August 23 thru 29th cannot come soon enough...

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is staying warm. We have a little heat wave coming to south bend later this week.

I have two questions. First one is that I have very sensitive skin ( I'm actually allergic to Tide) does anyone know what detergent disney uses on their linens? In the past I have just used bendryl but I would like to not be itchy all week. The second one deals with grocery delivery. I want to order mtn dew, spring water, and breakfast foods for our room. Does anyone know a good grocery delivery service and do they have a minimum order price?

Thanks so much!
Amberlee

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

PK56 - thanks for posting those pictures. I'd have to agree that's the worst view. Egads.

Glad they are changing up the CL offerings. Thanks for the reporting Kerry.

I'll give a second nod to the sangria at Kouzinna. :hippie:

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is staying warm. We have a little heat wave coming to south bend later this week.

I have two questions. First one is that I have very sensitive skin ( I'm actually allergic to Tide) does anyone know what detergent disney uses on their linens? In the past I have just used bendryl but I would like to not be itchy all week. The second one deals with grocery delivery. I want to order mtn dew, spring water, and breakfast foods for our room. Does anyone know a good grocery delivery service and do they have a minimum order price?

Thanks so much!
Amberlee

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I don't know the laundry question but I can answer the grocery delivery question.
There are 2 primary services Wegoshop.com and Garden Grocer. Both are reputable and deliver good service. There are differences in their offerings.
At Garden Grocer you shop their "Virtual Aisles" on line and order from their store. Their prices are marked up on each item you pay. With wegoshop.com you can pick your store and then you create your own list naming product, brand, size etc. You can specify if you will allow substitutions or not. They charge the actual store price and give you the original receipt with your delivery. Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum order. There is no minimum with wegoshop. Garden Grocer's delivery fees are lower than wegoshop's so I think the cost ends up about the same.
Garden Grocer gives a 2 hour delivery window, I think. Wegoshop gives a 30 minute window and has always delivered in that exact time frame for us.
I prefer to make my own list, so I prefer wegoshop. I schedule delivery directly to my Villa in the late afternoon. I prefer not to have my order delivered to Bell Services, which would then also need an additional tip. And I don't want to wait the 2 hour delivery window.
I have used wegoshop 7 times and I highly recommend them
Good Luck

I want to order mtn dew, spring water, and breakfast foods for our room. Does anyone know a good grocery delivery service and do they have a minimum order price?

There are 2 primary services Wegoshop.com and Garden Grocer. Both are reputable and deliver good service. There are differences in their offerings.
At Garden Grocer you shop their "Virtual Aisles" on line and order from their store. Their prices are marked up on each item you pay. With wegoshop.com you can pick your store and then you create your own list naming product, brand, size etc. You can specify if you will allow substitutions or not. They charge the actual store price and give you the original receipt with your delivery. Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum order. There is no minimum with wegoshop. Garden Grocer's delivery fees are lower than wegoshop's so I think the cost ends up about the same.
Garden Grocer gives a 2 hour delivery window, I think. Wegoshop gives a 30 minute window and has always delivered in that exact time frame for us.
I prefer to make my own list, so I prefer wegoshop. I schedule delivery directly to my Villa in the late afternoon. I prefer not to have my order delivered to Bell Services, which would then also need an additional tip. And I don't want to wait the 2 hour delivery window.
I have used wegoshop 7 times and I highly recommend them
Good Luck

I have used Garden Grocer twice. Both times they delivered before the delivery window (before we even arrived at the hotel), and left the items with Bell Services. I tipped Bell Services for bringing the stuff up to my room. I did not tip Garden Grocer. (And yes, there is a fridge at Bell Services, so the perishables were refrigerated.)

The second time we used them, they forgot our bottled water and another item. They did bring those items the next afternoon. However, we were not happy about it, because that meant we would not have the bottled water when we left for the park the next morning. They also included something we didn't order and couldn't use. I took it down to Bell Services.

Other options for getting groceries include having a towncar pick you up at the airport, because they usually will include a 30 minute grocery stop if you like. Or walking over to the Dolphin and renting a car for the day. Or taking a cab.

From the FAQ on the Garden Grocer website:
Am I required to "tip" the delivery person?
Tipping of our delivery staff is optional. You are not required to do so.

s there a minimum order amount?
Yes, $40 on food/drink items.

Is there a delivery charge?
Yes, but it's only $14.00! For orders over $200 the delivery fee is only $2!

I have used garden grocer 5 times and have never had an issue. Order has always been correct and has always been delivered early !

So,
Our ADR window technically opened today, so last night, I stayed up until midnight and at 12:00 on the button...tried for reservations for CRT. No go. The website wouldn't let me do it.
I got up at 7 this morning and logged on. No go.
I called, and was lucky enough to get CRT at very close to the time I wanted it, but truly didn't feel like going through all our reservations for 10 days with the person on the phone. I just did our "hot ticket" items (CRT, Coral Reef, Narcoossee's, Rose and Crown at Illuminations time), and got almost everything I wanted. I love a nice 8:45-ish reservation at Narcoossee's to see Wishes, but the best she could do was 7:45, and my reply was, "Well, I guess I'd better keep ordering, because I'm going to have to kill time until 10!"
Darn you online system! You have the makings of perfection....but you never work!

The silver lining here is....6 months to BC/YC! Wheeee!:boat: :beach:

So,
Our ADR window technically opened today, so last night, I stayed up until midnight and at 12:00 on the button...tried for reservations for CRT. No go. The website wouldn't let me do it.
I called, and was lucky enough to get CRT at very close to the time I wanted it, but truly didn't feel like going through all our reservations for 10 days with the person on the phone. I just did our "hot ticket" items (CRT, Coral Reef, Narcoossee's, Rose and Crown at Illuminations time), and got almost everything I wanted. I love a nice 8:45-ish reservation at Narcoossee's to see Wishes, but the best she could do was 7:45, and my reply was, "Well, I guess I'd better keep ordering, because I'm going to have to kill time until 10!"
Darn you online system! You have the makings of perfection....but you never work!

Well you can keep going online and checking to see if anything opens up.

I got 'Ohana and CRT at about the 130 day mark when I booked.

So,

Yay, so be pleased you scored CRT. :banana::banana::banana:

So,

I feel your pain Scott MC...our 180 day mark was on Friday, I got up at 6a so I could make all my ADR's online, was able to make 1, and then no matter what I tried, the online system showed no availability...I was so annoyed as I knew it was the system not working properly. I had no choice but to wait till 7a so I could get a CM on the phone and once I did, I had no issues getting everything we wanted at the times we wanted including BOG & O'hana for dinner :). I also have to admit that the CM I got was excellent...I had lots of ADR's to make as we're going for 9 days and the whole call took maybe 15 min from start to finish...I was a happy girl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter