2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We leave on Saturday and I think I've officially entered the giddy stage. I'm at work (shhhh) and I just can't think straight. I'm so excited to be heading back to WDW and the BC. We are forecasted to get 5-7" of snow today and tonight was my only free night to run some last minute errands, but I don't think that will happen. Can't say I'm a big fan of the rain that's currently in the WDW forecast; Monday looks like it could be a lot of rain, but that's still a week away. Started thinking about packing yesterday, but I just can't decide on quantities of short sleeve vs. long sleeve and shorts vs. capris. Okay, must focus and get something done.

We leave on Saturday and I think I've officially entered the giddy stage. I'm at work (shhhh) and I just can't think straight. I'm so excited to be heading back to WDW and the BC. We are forecasted to get 5-7" of snow today and tonight was my only free night to run some last minute errands, but I don't think that will happen. Can't say I'm a big fan of the rain that's currently in the WDW forecast; Monday looks like it could be a lot of rain, but that's still a week away. Started thinking about packing yesterday, but I just can't decide on quantities of short sleeve vs. long sleeve and shorts vs. capris. Okay, must focus and get something done.
Enjoy your Disney experience! We still have 124 days before arriving at WDW, not that I'm counting (there's an app for that :-) ). I'm already obsessing about our trip. I've done all I can on My Disney Experience, including choosing Magic Band colors and making dining reservations. Thank you DIS forums, now I have a place to channel my vacation obsession. Every time I get frustrated at work, I channel my mantra, "I'm going to Disney" and move on. More snow in the forecast, which is fine, because "I'm going to Disney." You would think I was 6, not 56.

Enjoy your Disney experience! We still have 124 days before arriving at WDW, not that I'm counting (there's an app for that :-) ). I'm already obsessing about our trip. I've done all I can on My Disney Experience, including choosing Magic Band colors and making dining reservations. Thank you DIS forums, now I have a place to channel my vacation obsession. Ever time I get frustrated at work, I channel my mantra, "I'm going to Disney" and move on. More snow in the forecast, which is fine, because "I'm going to Disney." You would think I was 6, not 56.

Me thinks you will find many like minded souls here! :rotfl::rotfl:

Me thinks you will find many like minded souls here! :rotfl::rotfl:

Yes. I keep trying to figure out other things I could be doing to plan for our trip. My 180 days is tomorrow and I only have two ADRs to make. Picked MB colors for everyone buy my mom (although she's the only one who needs them - don't they send us a second set even if we don't need them?). We're supposed to get more snow tonight. I might need therapy if my kids have another snow day.

Yes. I keep trying to figure out other things I could be doing to plan for our trip. My 180 days is tomorrow and I only have two ADRs to make. Picked MB colors for everyone buy my mom (although she's the only one who needs them - don't they send us a second set even if we don't need them?). We're supposed to get more snow tonight. I might need therapy if my kids have another snow day.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Where are you planning to eat? Love hearing others plans for their trip so please share :goodvibes

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Where are you planning to eat? Love hearing others plans for their trip so please share :goodvibes

We ate at BOG this past January and really loved it, so I'm going to try to get a reservation for that for dinner. We preferred dinner to lunch, which seems contrary to what most are posting on the dis. I'd also like to take my mom to V&A for dinner. The Chef's Table, if we can get it. I took her there a few years ago and she said it was the best meal she's ever eaten. I'm considering a meal at the Biergarten, too. We haven't been there for quite some time. I loved it - we had lunch with a really interesting group of people (we like meeting new people over brats and beer).

And this photo of my youngest pretty much sums up my opinion of snow right now.

We ate at BOG this past January and really loved it, so I'm going to try to get a reservation for that for dinner. We preferred dinner to lunch, which seems contrary to what most are posting on the dis. I'd also like to take my mom to V&A for dinner. The Chef's Table, if we can get it. I took her there a few years ago and she said it was the best meal she's ever eaten. I'm considering a meal at the Biergarten, too. We haven't been there for quite some time. I loved it - we had lunch with a really interesting group of people (we like meeting new people over brats and beer).

And this photo of my youngest pretty much sums up my opinion of snow right now.

:goodvibes Love the picture and the plans :thumbsup2

We will be checking into the BC on March 1 and I just read on another thread that they are switching out the RFID mugs with a new design (already spotted at another resort). Can anyone tell me whether they have made the switch at BC yet? We are on the dp so we will get 5 and I already have a ton of the old design. It would be great if we could get something different this time! Lol! TIA!

I just read that they were releasing new colors and new designs, but I don't know if there are any pictures.

If no one reports back on the new mugs before you get to the BC on March 1st, would you take a moment to let us know what you found out? We are checking in on March 19th and I am very curious about what we will find when we get there.

Thanks. :)

You will be on your spring training trip:thumbsup2 in 11 days
Isn't that the trip you won? :cool1:

Yes I will be and yes this is the trip I won :) Everyday I check the weather forecast for there and here in NYC... there for warmth and here praying there is no snow and I'll get out!! So far it looks ok to be able to leave, and there it's warm so, the new flops have been ordered.. yay for flops!!

I think all of us are really over the weather and the snow for sure right about now!!

Have fun planning your trip!!

~N

:banana: In the Double Digits for our big summer celebration trip!!! :banana: Can not wait! Just had to say that ;) Happy planning, safe travels, & stay warm to everyone still in the white stuff :thumbsup2

I don't know about the hot tub but he was spotted on the pool slide!!! :cool1:

12034558303_1f645806c2_z.jpg

Signed, your Pal Buzzy the Fly

I noticed an "affinity" for Chris Evans when I started lurking on this thread. Just a heads up, that Captain America will actually be at Daytona Beach this weekend (maybe he'll swing by SAB afterwards?). He is giving the command to start engines at the Daytona 500.

Although DH and I are not bound for the World until next year, we are leaving our Winter Wonderland for the races this weekend in Daytona Beach.

If I see Chris, I'll send him your way....

:goodvibes Love the picture and the plans :thumbsup2

Thanks! I was rethinking everything on the way to the Disney Store to pick up an Anna costume for my middle daughter, who is singing "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" for the talent show on Friday (she was not convinced that wearing a thermal t-shirt and snow pants was the way to go). My oldest daughter and I had a quick snack at Spice Road Table this past January and I know my mom would love it. I've also never tried Tutto Gusto. So we might just try one of those restaurants instead of the Biergarten. That can wait for a trip with my husband, who would be only too happy for the all-meat-you-can-eat buffet.

Even my son would be excited about Chris Evans, because he's all about the superheroes.

And I'd love to join in the Dis meet on the 18th, if that's okay (being a newbie to the YC/BC thread). I live twenty minutes from Hershey and would love to bring down candy for all to enjoy!

Hi

We were booked for club level at the yacht club in July but it turns out due to medical reasons my mother in law won't be travelling with us. We are thinking that we should downgrade from club level, as she would have loved that but I think its excessive for ds, dh and me ( we also have ddp for length of stay) but it looks like there are no standard rooms available for our dates. Looking at the beach club, standard room, garden view. Is this still a good option, is the biggest difference just the balconies? We will be staying 18 nights.
From lurking on the boards both resorts look good, a busy lobby doesn't bother me as we stayed at the Poly last year and will have a 6 year old with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter