2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 20-22

Hi folks,

We are super excited for our first BC stay next month. We have two garden view rooms, and we requested connecting (which we were told is "guaranteed" because of the number of adults and children in our group), and "full balcony" (which is just a request). The reason we want a full balcony is my elderly mother. Sometimes she doesn't feel up to going to a park with us in the morning, and really enjoys being "outside" on her balcony with a cup of coffee and a good book.

I'm wondering if you know if it is even possible to have both of these requests met?

I am asking because I spent some time this morning on another website (Touring Plans) which has a clickable map of the views from all the rooms, and while I found a good number of connecting garden view rooms, I could not find one with a full balcony. I wonder if I should switch to "standard" or "water view"?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for February.

:cool1:

The suggestion from Wood Nymph to switch to YC is the best way to ensure that your rooms will have full balconies.

If you can't switch resorts, then make sure your requests for BC include "Connecting rooms, full balconies, please"

I am SO excited to be staying at BC for our trip this May !! (May 22nd - 31st). I paid a little extra for a garden view, just in case we get a balcony :) This is our first deluxe - we were at POFQ in 2009, and CBR in 2010. Haven't been back since, as we do take vacations to other places, too ! I've read through this thread, but haven't waded through the older ones yet. I can't believe how excited I am to be right there at Epcot - just the thought of being able to wander back to our room after an evening of fun makes me giddy !
My one question (for now ) is - if our room at BC was the furthest from Epcot - how long would it take to walk in (assuming no line at the International Gateway) and to the UK pavilion ?? How about if our room was closer ? I am originally from England (I've been here in the US 16 years) - and the thought of being so close to the pub and to fish and chips is too wonderful for words ! LOL

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

I think 6-12 minutes is a reasonable estimate for the longest and shortest amounts of time to get from any BC room (the furthest room would probably be at the end of wing, 4th floor) to the UK pavilion, walking at a decent clip.

Please make sure and report back how long it takes you to get from your room to Rose & Crown after your trip.

So excited...just booked a mom plus the kiddos June vacation at the Beach Club. My hubby has a work trip planned and isn't the biggest DW fan:confused3. Normally as a party of 6 we wouldn't be able to afford a deluxe resort, so I'm secretly ok with him missing this once:rolleyes1.
Our dates are 6/8-6/15. Just wondering if you all think the size of the room will be an issue. Our girls are not into hair and all that yet, so I don't foresee a bathroom issue. There is a chance my hubby would join us the last few days which means we would definitely have to switch resorts.

The kids were really wanting to do the water parks this time, but I'm hoping with the amazing pool at the BC they won't miss it. I am a little weary of trying to keep track of 4 at a water park...

We would really like a full balcony, is there a floor you would suggest?
Also, it's only $100 more per night to upgrade to CL, is it worth it in your opinion. I would not be partaking in any alcohol, so I'm thinking probably not. I can't see us spending $100 a day on snacks and breakfast.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:yay:

Hard for me to judge for you whether you will have enough room, that's a pretty personal opinion. My family has 4 members (2 teens) and we have been fine, but maybe someone who has been in a room with a family of 5 could give you a better impression.

For $100 a night, with 5 people, I would probably upgrade to CL, mostly for the convenience especially in the morning and to give you more "space".

You can go into the lounge for breakfast, hopefully find a table and get ready to face the day. Your other options, unless you are bringing a lot of food with you, are the Marketplace which could be busy in the morning, Continental Breakfast at the Yacht Club or a sit down breakfast which will be right around $100 per day for 5 people and probably fairly time-consuming to get food for 5 people.

If you are taking afternoon breaks from the parks, you will find it very convenient to get a cold drink (water, lemonade, ice tea, soda) from the lounge as you are getting changed for the pool. Much easier than going to your room, getting refill mugs, going to the Marketplace to refill...

We are not always around for appetizers or desserts, but we enjoy them when we are!

You also get a better chance of having a full balcony at club level (5th floor). Approx 75-80% of the rooms on the 5th floor have a full balcony, compared to about 50% in the rest of the resort. The only thing is you won't be able to book a Garden View room at club level with 5 people because I think only one of those rooms has a daybed. You would have to book standard view or water view, I think.

Not that I'm trying to spend even more of your money, but you should also try pricing a Deluxe CL room- that would give you more space and the club level offerings.

Whether you book CL or not, I wouldn't suggest requesting a particular floor, but add the request "Full balcony, please" to your reservation.

Hope that helps.

My husband and I have a reservation at the Beach Club, AAA rate garden view from 7/19 thru 7/27! :cool1:We were planning on staying at the Yacht Club last year, and needed to change resorts due to my daughter and her family joining us. Hopefully we will make it there this year! I am hoping for a little better discount so maybe we can try club level, but either way we are really excited!:yay::yay:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:cheer2:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

We are here (Beach Club) now for our very first stay. Oh my gosh, we LOVE it! Can't wait to come back for our August stay (club level--woohoo!).

That is great to hear!

:cool2:

You get the additional photo bonus of the amazing house made chips and pepper dip from the Club Level lounge.......yumm....:)

Thanks for the additional sets of view pictures! I have already added your posts to the view thread.

:thumbsup2

Also love the bonus house made chip photo. Looks like a UFO: Unbelievably Fantastic Offering

Here's my view picture with bonus footage (most of a Sunken Treasure)

So excited...just booked a mom plus the kiddos June vacation at the Beach Club. My hubby has a work trip planned and isn't the biggest DW fan:confused3. Normally as a party of 6 we wouldn't be able to afford a deluxe resort, so I'm secretly ok with him missing this once:rolleyes1.
Our dates are 6/8-6/15. Just wondering if you all think the size of the room will be an issue. Our girls are not into hair and all that yet, so I don't foresee a bathroom issue. There is a chance my hubby would join us the last few days which means we would definitely have to switch resorts.

The kids were really wanting to do the water parks this time, but I'm hoping with the amazing pool at the BC they won't miss it. I am a little weary of trying to keep track of 4 at a water park...

Also, it's only $100 more per night to upgrade to CL, is it worth it in your opinion. I would not be partaking in any alcohol, so I'm thinking probably not. I can't see us spending $100 a day on snacks and breakfast.
Hi:goodvibes

We are a party of 5, 2 of our girls are 21 and 22. We have always enjoyed club level with the 5 of us because of how quickly we can get breakfast done. It's also nice to have an extra space to hang out in with so many in the room. Not too mention my diet coke drinking DH, he can put them down so it's nice to have those available to him. The evening apps are not all that much but we have enjoyed coming back from the parks in the evening to some desserts and drinks. Good luck with your decision:thumbsup2.

As some of you know, I debated upgrading our YC SV CL room to the deluxe room at BC. By the time I decided, it was gone.:eek: anyways, I will be at BCGV in March so I will see what I can get with the BB rate. I have also debated going back to the Poly for our May family trip but I think the rest of the family has me convinced to keep it at an Epcot resort. So here is my latest question and I probably know the answer but wanted to confirm. I originally chose YC for May because of 2 reasons 1. I'll be at BC with brother and niece in March. And 2. I wanted our chances of a full size balcony to be greater. Now I realize that with 5 of us, our only option is standard view and it looks like the same view at both resorts. Am I correct? I really prefer being closer to Epcot and the colors at BC. So if the views are the same from the SVCL rooms, if I can't upgrade with the BB rate to a deluxe room, I may just switch to BC SV CL. Please correct me if I am wrong about any of this info. The lounges are about same size, the rooms have the same views for the category we are in? I did like the fact that some say the YC lounge is quieter. Am I missing anything else?

All this Jonny Depp love and Matthew McConaughey love...
JNPants and I would like to know if there's room in the hot tub for Chris Evans.
Is that cool?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I am SO excited to be staying at BC for our trip this May !! (May 22nd - 31st). I paid a little extra for a garden view, just in case we get a balcony :) This is our first deluxe - we were at POFQ in 2009, and CBR in 2010. Haven't been back since, as we do take vacations to other places, too ! I've read through this thread, but haven't waded through the older ones yet. I can't believe how excited I am to be right there at Epcot - just the thought of being able to wander back to our room after an evening of fun makes me giddy !
My one question (for now ) is - if our room at BC was the furthest from Epcot - how long would it take to walk in (assuming no line at the International Gateway) and to the UK pavilion ?? How about if our room was closer ? I am originally from England (I've been here in the US 16 years) - and the thought of being so close to the pub and to fish and chips is too wonderful for words ! LOL
You will love the fish and chips- soooo good :thumbsup2
I don't know about the hot tub but he was spotted on the pool slide!!! :cool1:

12034558303_1f645806c2_z.jpg

Signed, your Pal Buzzy the Fly
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

If you can swing it I would book club level. Breakfast is great and it really does give some extra breathing space when you need it plus checking in with 4 kids will be so much easier when you are up there out of the madding crowds that can be in the lobby :thumbsup2 Add in a few bottles of water for the park and some afternoon snacks and the odd cappuccino or diet coke and it wont be long before you're breaking even;)

Calling soon...I'm going to do it. We are upgrading to CL, I think you guys are right! I think mornings will be easier and I can drink my weight in Diet Coke on any given day...lol

page 9-11

Yes, the Beach Club CL GV rooms are on the 5th floor. There are only 9 of these rooms and they all have full balconies. There may be just one with a daybed, but the rest don't have them, so these rooms are generally not bookable for families of 5 or more.

We are a family of 5 staying club level for the 1st time. What are the chances we will not be on the 5th floor and not have a daybed?

We are a family of 5 staying club level for the 1st time. What are the chances we will not be on the 5th floor and not have a daybed?

All regular club level rooms (that is, not Deluxe or a Suite) are on the 5th floor.

Families of 5 are given priority for rooms with a daybed at the Beach Club and Yacht Club. Is everyone in your traveling party over age 3?

I am not sure how many of the rooms at club level have daybeds, but you have to be given a room that you can all sleep in, so if there is not a room with a daybed available with a daybed when you check in, you will be given a rollaway cot.

Dee, I would much prefer that Sunken Treasure to my chips and dip any day!!

Since people have asked, I'm digging through my computer to post all of the BC room views I can find. Below is room 5715, Club Level Lagoon View, form our trip in August 2010. It had a full balcony, no daybed, and was kind of far from the Lounge and elevators, but that didn't matter much. I will say that the afternoon music, DJ and noise from the pool area directly below was kind of distracting in the afternoons when we were trying to rest. On our next trip, I requested to be away from SAB and was lucky enough to receive the room in my previous post.

This room view is basically the same as Dee's view, but here goes anyway!

To the right:

To the left:

To the far left:

:wave2: Hi everyone!
New member to DIS boards, but long time visitor. I'm already loving the vibe I'm getting from you all. :flower3: And this thread is amazing! Thank you for all your hard work!

Our next WDW vacation is Oct 25- Nov 1, 2014 and we shall be enjoying BC for the first time! Normally, we are BWI but my cousin (37) has an unhealthy fear of clowns! :jester::scared1: But we are all so excited about BC!

It will be my family of four (DH, DS 16, DD 11) and cousin's family of four, which will be a first visit for them!:cheer2:

Can you add us to the Be Our Guest list?

In addition, I have a few questions:
We are booked in three water view rooms, (two connecting), and have requested "full" balconies. What are the odds we will get them? No other requests have been made, and I will call a few weeks prior to our stay to reiterate that one request, but having those balconies is the difference between me being a happy camper or a complete melt down!:rolleyes:

And thank you for keeping us updated on the construction. I had a moment of panic when I first read that since we cancelled Poly due to construction!
As for the construction... are we talking early pounding and hammering the floor above/below us or will they try to keep guests far away from the rooms they are working on? I've not been to WDW when rooms are being renovated so I'm not sure what to expect. :confused3

Thanks in advance for any advice/info you can share. :)

Hi, Going to YC SV CL 6/28-7/3. Wondering if anyone can tell me what size the daybeds in these rooms are. We are a group of 5. Our only request was for an adult size daybed. My 17y/o son will be sleeping on it. :yay::yay:

Hi, Going to YC SV CL 6/28-7/3. Wondering if anyone can tell me what size the daybeds in these rooms are. We are a group of 5. Our only request was for an adult size daybed. My 17y/o son will be sleeping on it. :yay::yay:

We had a YC LV CL room in April and the daybed appeared to fold out to about a twin size. We didn't unfold it though. :goodvibes

Just booked the BC for May 3-10th.

I have never stayed at a Deluxe before and decided to break the budget and book as I have always wanted to stay in the Epcot resort area.

Booked Gardenview (was the cheapest available) and I can't wait!!

New member to DIS boards, but long time visitor. I'm already loving the vibe I'm getting from you all. :flower3: And this thread is amazing! Thank you for all your hard work!

Our next WDW vacation is Oct 25- Nov 1, 2014 and we shall be enjoying BC for the first time! Normally, we are BWI but my cousin (37) has an unhealthy fear of clowns! :jester::scared1: But we are all so excited about BC!

It will be my family of four (DH, DS 16, DD 11) and cousin's family of four, which will be a first visit for them!:cheer2:

We are booked in three water view rooms, (two connecting), and have requested "full" balconies. What are the odds we will get them? No other requests have been made, and I will call a few weeks prior to our stay to reiterate that one request, but having those balconies is the difference between me being a happy camper or a complete melt down!:rolleyes:
There is no guarantee on getting a full balcony. Since you are already requesting connecting rooms, and you probably want the third room to be near the other two, it might make your reservation just a little less flexible when it comes to room assignments. Hopefully, you can get your full balcony. :)

And thank you for keeping us updated on the construction. I had a moment of panic when I first read that since we cancelled Poly due to construction!
As for the construction... are we talking early pounding and hammering the floor above/below us or will they try to keep guests far away from the rooms they are working on? I've not been to WDW when rooms are being renovated so I'm not sure what to expect. :confused3

We have been at the BC when refurbs are going on, and most guests won't even know they are going on. I believe the refurbs are more like new carpeting, wallpaper and paint, along with replacing some furniture and bedding, not moving walls and hammering things. If you are concerned that there may be some noise, then you can request to be in an area that is far away from the area being refurbished. But I would not worry about the refurbs at all. They may even be finished by the time you are there.

OK, I found our room views from 2003, our very first trip to the Beach Club. I remember being upgraded to a water view at check-in. Disney knows what they are doing....as you can see by that view, we were hooked on deluxe resorts and never went back! This was a Water View room #4559, standing room only balcony, on the fourth floor near the Epcot end of things. At the time, it had a daybed.

The only good view/room shots I could find have us in them....sorry! My now 21 year old daughter would kill me if she knew I was posting this, however, it brings back such wonderful memories for me.....:love:

I still have one more view to post from 2006 when I can find it, hope I am not boring anyone!

page 20-23

I"ll add you to the list

Doesn't hurt to request "Three rooms, connecting/adjoining to XXX and YYY parties please, with full balconies if possible"

Hi, Going to YC SV CL 6/28-7/3. Wondering if anyone can tell me what size the daybeds in these rooms are. We are a group of 5. Our only request was for an adult size daybed. My 17y/o son will be sleeping on it. :yay:

:woohoo:

Here's a picture of the daybed in our room in July-

Here's the daybed, as a couch and transformed into a cot (very comfortable according to Nate, age 15):

]

Here's the info on daybeds from the FAQ section on Page 1 (Post 13):

Will my room have a daybed?

Some rooms at the Beach and Yacht Club have daybeds. You may request a room with a daybed, but it is not guaranteed. You may also request a rollaway cot to your room when you arrive. This is provided free of charge and is subject to availability.

There are two types of daybeds - one that fits a normal sized adult and the other that is best suited for a small teenager or a child. There is no way of knowing at the front desk which type of daybed is in what rooms. It's totally luck of the draw and the CM can't tell you which is in your room if you get a room with a daybed.

Daybeds

Some rooms have daybeds, which may be requested when you make your reservation, but are not guaranteed. Families of 5 (over the age of 3) are given priority access to the rooms with a daybed.

You may also request a rollaway cot to your room when you arrive. This is provided free of charge and is subject to availability.

daybed-1.jpg
IMG_3300-1.jpg
daybedasbed3sgtgoofy-1.jpg

daybedpixarmomOct2012.jpg

0032-2-1.jpg
daybedascribcburke-1.jpg
cribinroom-1.jpg

Pittpantherfan, heatherbelle, sgtgoofy119, pixarmom, cburek and jcondrad have provided these pictures of daybeds and crib.

Here is a picture of the rollaway cot- These are provided upon request, free of charge, based on availability. Thanks for the photo, Feckless!

cot1Feckless.jpg

Just booked the BC for May 3-10th.

I have never stayed at a Deluxe before and decided to break the budget and book as I have always wanted to stay in the Epcot resort area.

Booked Gardenview (was the cheapest available) and I can't wait!!

Please let us know if you have any questions.

As some of you know, I debated upgrading our YC SV CL room to the deluxe room at BC. By the time I decided, it was gone.:eek: anyways, I will be at BCGV in March so I will see what I can get with the BB rate. I have also debated going back to the Poly for our May family trip but I think the rest of the family has me convinced to keep it at an Epcot resort. So here is my latest question and I probably know the answer but wanted to confirm. I originally chose YC for May because of 2 reasons 1. I'll be at BC with brother and niece in March. And 2. I wanted our chances of a full size balcony to be greater. Now I realize that with 5 of us, our only option is standard view and it looks like the same view at both resorts. Am I correct? I really prefer being closer to Epcot and the colors at BC. So if the views are the same from the SVCL rooms, if I can't upgrade with the BB rate to a deluxe room, I may just switch to BC SV CL. Please correct me if I am wrong about any of this info. The lounges are about same size, the rooms have the same views for the category we are in? I did like the fact that some say the YC lounge is quieter. Am I missing anything else?

The only thing I can think of is that you are risking not having a full balcony by changing over to BC CL SV. The views are about the same, and in my humble opinion, they are not all horrible, so I would still like the balcony.

So you should weigh whether you would rather be closer to EPCOT or be guaranteed the full balcony.

I haven't been in the YC lounge, but I have read that it is or seems slightly larger.

:goodvibes

Dee, I would much prefer that Sunken Treasure to my chips and dip any day!!

Since people have asked, I'm digging through my computer to post all of the BC room views I can find. Below is room 5715, Club Level Lagoon View, form our trip in August 2010. It had a full balcony, no daybed, and was kind of far from the Lounge and elevators, but that didn't matter much. I will say that the afternoon music, DJ and noise from the pool area directly below was kind of distracting in the afternoons when we were trying to rest. On our next trip, I requested to be away from SAB and was lucky enough to receive the room in my previous post.

Why choose? I suggest having both. As they say in the car commercial. "I like and. And is better"

Yes, your view looks very familiar. We were a few doors down from your location. We didn't mind the noise, even the one little girl who was screaming for quite awhile (I think they were shrieks of delight, but it sounded like she was screaming bloody murder), but then again we weren't trying to rest. We don't do "rest"

;)

Thanks again for posting this view and the one you just posted while I was responding! These are great!!!

woohoo! Just added a ticker to my signature! :)

Garden view booked and I think we are going to request a courtyard view. I don't need a full balcony, the juliet is fine. Honestly, I'm not even sure what a courtyard view is! :rotfl: I want to be looking towards the front of the resort, boardwalk side, not the back if that makes sense. I know it won't be a direct view, because those are lagoon views. I just don't think I want a woods view?

So do you request when you check-in online or before?

Where is the Beach Club Concierge Lounge located on the 5th floor?

It is just off the main elevators that go from in between the lobby/Marketplace to the rooms. My sense of direction really stinks, but I would say it is approximately 4 floors above where the lobby is.

woohoo! Just added a ticker to my signature! :)

Garden view booked and I think we are going to request a courtyard view. I don't need a full balcony, the juliet is fine. Honestly, I'm not even sure what a courtyard view is! :rotfl: I want to be looking towards the front of the resort, boardwalk side, not the back if that makes sense. I know it won't be a direct view, because those are lagoon views. I just don't think I want a woods view?

So do you request when you check-in online or before?

You can call CRO (Central Reservations Office) and add your request to your reservation any time. Last I knew, you couldn't get that specific with requests for the online checkin. I think there are selections you can make like "Full balcony" "Ground Floor" or "Upper Floor"

FYI- I think what you want is the back of the resort- the front is where the ME buses pull up, by the port corchere (sp).

So the request would be "Courtyard View, back (lakeside) side of Beach Club" I was in one of these rooms that fit this description. It was awesome people watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter