2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched resorts for W&D half pixiedust: We will be at YC 11/7-11/10. (I still stalk the reservations for a BC room, but I was beyond thrilled when the YC opened up) Can you add us to the BOG list, pretty please?:cool1:

Man I thought I was loopy! If your dream vehicle looks like it's a paint job away from the "Mystery Machine" we are going to have to get you away from those kids of yours and stage a Sunken Treasure inter~VAN~tion!

BTW I wouldn't go picking up JanetMom along the way... you know what they say about picking up hitch-hikers... :sad2:

~NM

I have it on good authority the Mystery Machine was based on the Corvair Greenbriar Sportswagon, not a VW van.

"You're going to need a bigger bus"

Don't get me wrong, that is a nice looking ride and all and sure brings back some memories. My DH's first car, a VW station wagon (the Pumpkin Mobile), was exactly that shade of orange.

But I think this east coast tour of yours is gonna be really popular, so I would like to suggest this:

PS- I have started collecting 8 track tapes for the trip south.

PPS- warning- if you google "Beach Club or Bust" looking for images to post, not all of your hits are family friendly...

:scared1:

Hahahahaha! Can you imagine this bunch on a bus? I'd be that nasty bus driver everyone hated from middle school. My kids are now convinced I should buy an airstream. Okay, kids, you don't want to go to college, right?

Now I'm planning to drive next year for our November trip. I will have Things 1 and 2 with me. My husband says I'm nuts and will end up flying. I have officially been challenged. So if anyone is planning a trip to the world from the 27th to December 4, let me know. Fair warning, you might be spending Thanksgiving dinner eating with my kids somewhere in South Carolina.

Whew! Thanks :)

Of all the threads that I've followed and participated in, this one is by far the friendliest. I love that there is no drama. I'm sure I will be asking many more questions as we start planning the trip and it's nice to know there is a reliable place to get answers :)

It is. I've generally found the resort specific threads to be fantastic. I tend to avoid the budget, family, and the vast majority of threads in the theme park sub forums (fora?) because things go south quickly. Once, I posted that I wasn't fond of the lego city advent calendars. You'd have thought I spat on the grave of Walt himself.

too bad they removed the coffee pots from the rooms. There was some FASCINATING recipes for soup and chili using the coffee pot and hot plate! :duck:

I remember these. Drop your condensed soup in the coffee pot and let the water pour on it. But, as Dee pointed out, there's still the iron. And if you're in a villa, you're in luck with the ancient Mr. Coffee machines!

I remember these. Drop your condensed soup in the coffee pot and let the water pour on it. But, as Dee pointed out, there's still the iron. And if you're in a villa, you're in luck with the ancient Mr. Coffee machines!

Ahhh.. The good ol days.. People asking about sleeping in the lobby the night they arrive because "we arrive at 11pm and can just hang out till the park opens" and crockpots and coffe pot cooking... I miss having all day to surf the Dis

How is walk up to BnC now that they take ADRs? We stayed BC in May 2013 and decided to go down for a early dinner one afternoon...around 4pm probably. We only waited maybe 10 mins. Are those days gone? We have a 10 day trip, so we have plenty of down time planned, and I am hoping we can just pop in at our convenience again...outside main meal times of course.

Oh, and our MBs arrived today. Will let the kids open them in the morning!

It is. I've generally found the resort specific threads to be fantastic. I tend to avoid the budget, family, and the vast majority of threads in the theme park sub forums (fora?) because things go south quickly. Once, I posted that I wasn't fond of the lego city advent calendars. You'd have thought I spat on the grave of Walt himself.

That's why I mostly just "lurk" on the other threads. It's nice to feel comfortable enough to actually post and get involved in conversations!

How is walk up to BnC now that they take ADRs? We stayed BC in May 2013 and decided to go down for a early dinner one afternoon...around 4pm probably. We only waited maybe 10 mins. Are those days gone? We have a 10 day trip, so we have plenty of down time planned, and I am hoping we can just pop in at our convenience again...outside main meal times of course.

Oh, and our MBs arrived today. Will let the kids open them in the morning!

We tried to walk up to BnC (Bunnies and Chocolate for those of you not up on all the latest lingo :thumbsup2) and struck out on two separate days.

Yes, I know I'm staying at Pop Century but I have no life and since I am especially concerned about all the construction noise affecting my Pop stay I felt compelled to be a busy body.

I had a nice dinner at the Captain's Grille tonight with one couple who seems to be living the Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous and another couple who sport a bumper sticker that says my other car is a cruise ship. Then I got to watch another couple chow down at the Crews Cup lounge without even so much as a glass of water at my spot at the table. When they weren't looking I would surreptitiously reach into my bag and eat the Halloween candy I pilfered from unsuspecting trick or treaters at MNSSHP.

I am happy to report that shortly before dinner I was running from room to room and pressing my ear to the doors trying to hear the construction noise.

I heard 6 whiny children, 3 domestic disputes, and the fall out from a bad taco dinner, but I did NOT hear ANY construction noise.

Tomorrow I shall go over to the Beach Club and do the same thing. If I hear anything there I shall report back IMMEDIATELY!

~NM

Man I thought I was loopy! If your dream vehicle looks like it's a paint job away from the "Mystery Machine" we are going to have to get you away from those kids of yours and stage a Sunken Treasure inter~VAN~tion!

BTW I wouldn't go picking up JanetMom along the way... you know what they say about picking up hitch-hikers... :sad2:

~NM
What do you mean you thought you were loopy :rotfl:

That puppy is an excellent idea. I'll meet you at the border!
Yes!! Then you can swing over to the Washington/Canada border & pick me up :goodvibes. :drive:

any pics of the refurbished lobby?

These are my lobby pictures from my August 2014 trip.

Unfortunately, I don't know if this is "Before" or "After" new upholstery- anyone know?

I took this picture the previous day when I arrived, but I am going to include it in this series

I went up the stairs to take some pictures from the upper deck

Here are a couple more-

My favorite experience at Disney: visiting with Teena!

This one is actually a paparazzi picture of a bride, but it includes a closeup of a chair (well, half a chair), but it is the only closeup I have.

These are the pictures of the lobby I have on the front page of this thread

Lobby3.jpg
DSC_01101.jpg
Lobby5.jpg

Thanks pixeldust and siouxi31 or the lobby photos!

We tried to walk up to BnC (Bunnies and Chocolate for those of you not up on all the latest lingo :thumbsup2) and struck out on two separate days.

Yes, I know I'm staying at Pop Century but I have no life and since I am especially concerned about all the construction noise affecting my Pop stay I felt compelled to be a busy body.

I had a nice dinner at the Captain's Grille tonight with one couple who seems to be living the Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous and another couple who sport a bumper sticker that says my other car is a cruise ship. Then I got to watch another couple chow down at the Crews Cup lounge without even so much as a glass of water at my spot at the table. When they weren't looking I would surreptitiously reach into my bag and eat the Halloween candy I pilfered from unsuspecting trick or treaters at MNSSHP.

I am happy to report that shortly before dinner I was running from room to room and pressing my ear to the doors trying to hear the construction noise.

I heard 6 whiny children, 3 domestic disputes, and the fall out from a bad taco dinner, but I did NOT hear ANY construction noise.

Tomorrow I shall go over to the Beach Club and do the same thing. If I hear anything there I shall report back IMMEDIATELY!

~NM

:rotfl2:

Dee...booked a RO BB for next year's big 30th anniversary!! I know it's early but please add us to the list. We'll be back at BC from 10/17-10/23 :).

page 81

Switched resorts for W&D half pixiedust: We will be at YC 11/7-11/10. (I still stalk the reservations for a BC room, but I was beyond thrilled when the YC opened up) Can you add us to the BOG list, pretty please?:cool1:

:welcome: back!

Will do!!!

:cool1:

That's funny!

Although we try to provide all of your entertainment needs right here, sometimes you do have to venture out there into some of the other forums, even if you are just lurking.

A couple of my favorites from the past:

"What happened to my hamster" (from either the family or budget board) and

"Moley Snow White" (Theme Parks)

:rotfl2:

~NM

There are no words!

But there are smilies

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: and :sad2:

Dee...booked a RO BB for next year's big 30th anniversary!! I know it's early but please add us to the list. We'll be back at BC from 10/17-10/23 :).

:woohoo:

So happy to hear that!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

~NM

I am in love with your humor. I guess I will soon be proposing to you - don't tell my husband, okay?

(I'm pretty quiet here, so forgive me but this is such a great reality check)

In semi-related - I just returned from a quick weekend trip to upstate NY. The hotel we stayed at is undergoing renovations and has been for a couple of years now (Holiday Inn --> Indy brand --> eventual Best Western). In order to get to the pool from our room, we had to walk through a little bit of room construction, which was unsightly but I never heard any noise from them. And the reno job is so bad - when they painted the ceiling (?!) they splattered it everywhere in the bathroom. When they painted the doors, they let it get all over the floors and it's brown? In the bathroom? So, yeah. I figure Disney really can't do any worse!

These are my lobby pictures from my August 2014 trip.

Unfortunately, I don't know if this is "Before" or "After" new upholstery- anyone know?

These are "after" photos. When I was there late June, all of the furniture was out for reupholstering. I really missed having a place to sit in the vestibule, waiting for the ME.

When I returned in July, the furniture was back in place, with the "new look."

Bob and I had dinner last night with Mommyrosa and hubby and the Ninja at Captain's Grill. Super food and super company. And we also got to catch up with another Diser and her hubby ... the Ninja found them somewhere in the lobby.

Super fantastic night!!! I am so lucky to have made so many great friends thru our thread here!!!

Bob and I had dinner last night with Mommyrosa and hubby and the Ninja at Captain's Grill. Super food and super company. And we also got to catch up with another Diser and her hubby ... the Ninja found them somewhere in the lobby.

Super fantastic night!!! I am so lucky to have made so many great friends thru our thread here!!!

I totally agree!

:grouphug:

Did you see Ninja's description of her dining companions?

~NM

Poolside Lockers- located in pool area near Beaches & Cream entrance

Outside Showers - Located in various places poolside:

Changing Area- For changing into/out of swimsuits when using SAB on checkin or checkout day, we recommend the bathroom inside the hallway in-between the Yacht Club and Beach Club

Pictures courtesy of Lalabubbles and natebenma

I am updating the Page 1 posting about Stormalong Bay. I still have pictures and reference the "Sinking Sands"

I know there are still some sand bottom areas of the pool, but are the really cool but kind of creepy sinking sands history now?

Thx for the pics of the showers... I actually was just talking about this yesterday with my husband....The possibility of sandy feet coming back in from the pool! Yet another question answered before our first BC stay in 17 days :). Thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter