2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob and I had dinner last night with Mommyrosa and hubby and the Ninja at Captain's Grill. Super food and super company. And we also got to catch up with another Diser and her hubby ... the Ninja found them somewhere in the lobby. Super fantastic night!!! I am so lucky to have made so many great friends thru our thread here!!!

Very nice! Sounds great.

Is great how this thread has brought so many together as friends. :)

And Teena we are all lucky to know you.

Rebecca

Yay I know the answer to this one. (if you are talking about what I think you are talking about) when we were there the week of the 4th around the volleyball area there were random spots where you would sink down into a hole if you stepped in it. My daughters found two and would keep trying to trick us into walking through them. They loved it!

If this is true, I am not telling my daughters about it, we will spend more time looking for holes than going to the parks! :)

That's funny!

Although we try to provide all of your entertainment needs right here, sometimes you do have to venture out there into some of the other forums, even if you are just lurking.

A couple of my favorites from the past:

"What happened to my hamster" (from either the family or budget board) and

"Moley Snow White" (Theme Parks)

:rotfl2:

There are some gems out there. My closest friend is just as obsessed with Disney as I am. We'll frequently email each other during the day with the "daily dis," which is either a train wreck thread of something that's really cool.

1929035_1057144280423_4959037_n.jpg

Just thought I'd share a photo of our old bus...we were camping on Outer Banks, NC in this shot. Yes, I rigged the clothesline myself!

Just wanted to give a shout out to Natebenma for doing a sweet job of keeping this thread organized! It has become my number one resource for our upcoming trip! Jun 6-18, 2015!

I love it! I want it!

Just returned from BC CL 1 bed suite (pixie dust upgrade at check in) and for those CL guest going soon the lounge is on the 2nd floor and is very limited

BREAKFAST
Coffee
Assorted teas
Ice tea
OJ
Water
Soda

Plain and cinnamon raisin bagels
Plain Croissants
Butter/Cream cheese and a toaster
Watermelon, honeydew, cantalope
Bananas, apples
Dry mini apple muffins
One day they had a cheese danish, one day a chocolate croissant

NO MILK, NO CEREAL, NO EGGS, NO OATMEAL

SNACKS - were the same every day
Ice tea, water, lemonade, soda
Gummy fish
Yogurt pretzels
Potato Chips
Pretzels
Chocolate chip and mickey sprinkle cookies

EVENING HOUR
Ice tea, water, lemonade, soda, Sam Adams Octoberfest, Kirin, Heinekin
a few choices of wines
Cheese, dried figs, dried apricots
Celery, carrots, cucumber spears, broccoli spears
2 kinds of hummus, rolls and rye bread
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Green apple slices with caramel

NO HOT ITEMS AT ALL

DESSERT
Cordials, ice tea, water, soda, coffee and teas
Chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies
a few different baked goods that were from the Cape May clam bake

Wow. I'd be fine with it if I'd gotten a free upgrade. But I'd be seriously put out if I paid for a suite or deluxe room and didn't have any hot items available. Silly, but I'm a sucker for the hot oatmeal for breakfast. Probably because most days of the week, I'm scarfing down a Fiber One bar at my office desk.

If this is true, I am not telling my daughters about it, we will spend more time looking for holes than going to the parks! :)

We found them in August, too. It was cool. :) I honestly think my kids love the resorts as much, if not more, than the parks.

Bob and I had dinner last night with Mommyrosa and hubby and the Ninja at Captain's Grill. Super food and super company. And we also got to catch up with another Diser and her hubby ... the Ninja found them somewhere in the lobby.

Super fantastic night!!! I am so lucky to have made so many great friends thru our thread here!!!

We are the lucky ones :) :) :)

Wow. I'd be fine with it if I'd gotten a free upgrade. But I'd be seriously put out if I paid for a suite or deluxe room and didn't have any hot items available. Silly, but I'm a sucker for the hot oatmeal for breakfast. Probably because most days of the week, I'm scarfing down a Fiber One bar at my office desk.

When asked what my favourite thing about Disney is, I've been known to say "the oatmeal from the club level lounge". People look at me like I'm a bit crazy when oatmeal is my favourite thing from Disney.

I'd be seriously crushed if I stayed CL and they didn't have the oatmeal.

This last trip we didn't stay CL, but I did enjoy oatmeal from the Marketplace in the Solarium. It made me fall in love with the Solarium.

I had a nice dinner at the Captain's Grille tonight with one couple who seems to be living the Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous and another couple who sport a bumper sticker that says my other car is a cruise ship. Then I got to watch another couple chow down at the Crews Cup lounge without even so much as a glass of water at my spot at the table. When they weren't looking I would surreptitiously reach into my bag and eat the Halloween candy I pilfered from unsuspecting trick or treaters at MNSSHP.
~NM

Bob and I had dinner last night with Mommyrosa and hubby and the Ninja at Captain's Grill. Super food and super company. And we also got to catch up with another Diser and her hubby ... the Ninja found them somewhere in the lobby.

Super fantastic night!!! I am so lucky to have made so many great friends thru our thread here!!!

The mysterious couple who wouldn't let NM have water while we gobbled down our food at Crews Cup Lounge was my husband and I. ;) We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge right now and had plans to eat at the Crews Cup on Wednesday night. Ninja Mom was eating at the Captain's Grille that night, so we planned to meet after she finished dinner and before we ate our meal. We didn't know until that night that she was dining with Teena, mommarosa and their spouses. It was a nice little surprise. :) So we had our own little Dis meet in the YC lobby. NM joined us at the Crews Cup while the others went off to do their "thing". It was a fun night. We plan to go back to see Teena on Sunday before our ADR at Cape May. :goodvibes

I told mommarosa that I hope some of that pixie dust she got rubs off on us. :wizard: :)

I am getting really excited. We leave in 6 weeks from today. I know that seems like a long time, but time is going really fast! I got the email that said my magic bands are getting ready to be shipped. I am just hoping we all stay healthy! :cool1:

Our flight takes off @ 6am tmrw! So close to s F&W extravaganza! Of course, I woke up today with a bit of a cold so I'll be loading up on vitamin C, Zinc, etc... Can't. Get. Sick.

Thanks for all the info everyone. We booked a magical deal for YC Aug 28-Sept 5. Looking forward to SAB and the water parks.

Great information on this thread! It will be our first time at the BC/YC. It's along time away so I'm going to have to live vicariously through everyone going before!

Here and checked in!

We have a room overlooking the gazebo and lagoon!

Bad thing that happened, when I went to get my scooter, the people next door decided to smoke in their room. The hotel is booked and moving meant getting a room facing the quiet pool. They cleaned the room again and it smells perfect.. So we stayed.

Hanging by SAB and sorry NM, I do hear construction noise.. But I am in construction, so I notice it more

Sitting in the CL lounge right now and waiting for Magical "Depress" :sad::sad:.

I did just want to take a moment to say again that this trip will go down as THE BEST time we've had here thus far and I thought we've had some pretty nice trips. We were enjoying ourselves so much that we ended up extending our stay an extra day and to say that we're actually going home from a Disney trip relaxed would be an understatement.

From the pixie dust at both resorts, to having dinner with such a lovely group, to meeting new friends, to trying new things, to F&W, right down to the awesome weather....Everything has just been amazing and I really couldn't have asked for anything more!

This thread really does have the best group of folks, the BC and YC have some pretty amazing CM's and this trip just confirmed what we already knew...the BC/YC really does feel like home :goodvibes.

Thanks for all the info everyone. We booked a magical deal for YC Aug 28-Sept 5. Looking forward to SAB and the water parks. Great information on this thread! It will be our first time at the BC/YC. It's along time away so I'm going to have to live vicariously through everyone going before!

We will be there 8/26-9/5 :) but at the BC

I take off Sunday at 11:30 a.m. To start my 2.5 hour trip to Disney and YC. Excited, but now is when I begin to worry about airport hassles could be because last two trips started with flight delays. And why can't clothing pack itself?

So what a way to end our fabulous trip...

We literally just walked thru the door when we should have been home two hours ago. Let's see...

Magical express was late picking us up and by the time we got to the airport we had an hour before boarding...ok, not an issue. We go thru security but somehow managed to take the tram to the wrong terminal...yup, we did. Soooo, we hop on the tram again, go back thru security and made it 15 min before boarding. Highlight? We see NinjaMom waiting for her flight and we get to chat for a few minutes :).

We board plane, find our seats, DH decides for the first time that he wanted an aisle seat so I sat in the middle. Plane is full and one of the last passengers takes the window right by me. The plane hasn't even left the ground and. I'm pretty sure I have a terrorist sitting next to me. Plane takes off, we're not even in the air 15 min, and said passenger starts acting strange and keeps hitting my leg with his and appears to be real agitated. I'm starting to get weirded out, DH switches seats with me. DH asked if he was ok, this guy says he speaks a few languages and proceeds to make very scary comments in Portuguese and is getting very loud.

Needless to say, I end up in the back of the plane with flight attendants, I get to speak to the pilot, the plane nearly gets diverted all while DH is trying to calm the guy down which he did manage to do, thank GOD!!

We land in Providence much earlier than expected (pilot was on super speed) and we all get met at the gate by the police. Passenger gets taken away and we are left to make statements.

You really can't make this stuff up...Thank GOD we made it in one piece...scary, scary stuff :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter